Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Toshimo posted:

Unraveler Zul, Tal Rasha Li-Ming, and Blood Raven Sylvanas are all Malthael patch.

Thank you. I am gonna save my boxes for that then!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

BattleHamster posted:

I think I would be okay with all the healing nerfs if his offensive capabilities were increased but I don't think that's the case.

I have no idea what they were thinking when they moved Full Moonfire to level 4 since having to choose between that, Elune's Grace, and the new Vengeful Roots is pretty painful when you know there's nothing for you at level 13. Then at level 16 Revitalize seems like the only option and its way worse than Hardened Focus.

I haven't actually tried him out on the PTR but I'm hoping they eventually add in some better talents on those tiers.

Ice Block and Shrink Ray are still at 13, and they're still amazing for the same reasons that they usually are.

The new Vengeful Roots is less impressive than it sounds - the Treant's damage can get pretty up there if you can land roots reliably, but it's still just a Treant. In my experience, it usually dies before doing anything too useful. Now, if it gained health and damage, then maybe we'd be getting somewhere.

Anyways, Full Moonfire vs Elune's Grace is really just a question of going full damage focus vs a general strength increase. In my opinion, Elune's Grace is the much stronger talent because it just does more, pound per pound. Full Moonfire's radius increase is neat and the reduced mana cost will make your spamming life easier, but the increased range on everything is just so useful.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Olaf The Stout posted:

Hey, TLV get a spray in a month. Come on man, give me a tint, that can't be too hard.

Why would you care when Pajama Party exists.

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind

Power Bottom posted:

The new Vengeful Roots is less impressive than it sounds

Counterpoint: https://twitter.com/ChrisGansler/status/871781019283853312?s=09

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

How many hours in training did it ttake to pull that off?

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Nephzinho posted:

How many hours in training did it ttake to pull that off?

He probably just hit complete quests and it gave him a thousand stacks of broccoli.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Der Shovel posted:

I quite like Probius, but he could do with some quality of life tweaks. Pylons just seem like a burden because of their relatively long cooldown and how easy they are to destroy, when they are absolutely essential to Probius. Alao, the level 20 Pylon talent seems to be bugged.

On the other hand, pylon disadvantages are a fair trade for vision, infinite mana, AoE buffs, and a good ult.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Why can't Probius summon a Gateway that spawns Zealots

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Fellatio del Toro posted:

This would have been way more interesting thematically and mechanically than a piece of tissue paper that slows people down I guess.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Because right before the release of the Starcraft builder unit hero they suddenly decided there were too many heroes that summon poo poo and they summon too much poo poo, so they're cutting back on the amount of poo poo future summoning heroes can summon.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

W.T. Fits posted:

Because right before the release of the Starcraft builder unit hero they suddenly decided there were too many heroes that summon poo poo and they summon too much poo poo, so they're cutting back on the amount of poo poo future summoning heroes can summon.

Can we do this, but replace "summon" with "mobility"

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Can we do this, but replace "summon" with "mobility"

They are. Bolt of the Storm is disappearing for most heroes.

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

This is all very confusing. Do you mind if I call you Rodriguez?
How would Probius having Azmodan's W be more interesting than Gazlowe's Q?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

i think they're saying Azmodan's R

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

I was thinking more like Locus Nest

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Reminds me of the Gazlowe Training Dummy Instakill.

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006

apostateCourier posted:

Bolt of the storm is an interesting level 20 talent though. Removing it from otherwise fairly immobile heroes just makes the characters that guy's complaining about even worse, actually.

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

apostateCourier posted:

Bolt of the Storm, a level 20 talent, certainly is the biggest offender for why there is mobility creep. We have been clamoring about how too loving mobile jimmy raynor is for too long, its about time something is done.

Every other character is getting it replaced with a flavored bolt-like talent, so its just jimmy and lili that are losing bolt. And neither were even the strongest picks at that tier.

Reverend Dr fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jun 6, 2017

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Just release Vlorrian, Varrian's twin brother who also has charge and the old juggernaut talent and squishy, high mobility heroes won't be an issue anymore.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

bamhand posted:

Just release Vlorrian, Varrian's twin brother who also has charge and the old juggernaut talent and squishy, high mobility heroes won't be an issue anymore.

This but it should be Garrosh.

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

This is all very confusing. Do you mind if I call you Rodriguez?
Current Varian shits all over squishy high mobility heroes just fine.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Yeah but the other team can pick or ban him. Need a backup!

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Varian should be Garrosh anyway, it's a crime that such a good toolset is on such a bland nothing character.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Tender Bender posted:

Varian should be Garrosh anyway, it's a crime that such a good toolset is on such a bland nothing character.

:agreed:

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
They need to just make Garrosh a legendary skin for Varian honestly

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

Power Bottom posted:

Ice Block and Shrink Ray are still at 13, and they're still amazing for the same reasons that they usually are.

The new Vengeful Roots is less impressive than it sounds - the Treant's damage can get pretty up there if you can land roots reliably, but it's still just a Treant. In my experience, it usually dies before doing anything too useful. Now, if it gained health and damage, then maybe we'd be getting somewhere.

Anyways, Full Moonfire vs Elune's Grace is really just a question of going full damage focus vs a general strength increase. In my opinion, Elune's Grace is the much stronger talent because it just does more, pound per pound. Full Moonfire's radius increase is neat and the reduced mana cost will make your spamming life easier, but the increased range on everything is just so useful.

This is cool and all but my point was that they nerfed his healing capabilities while also giving him less offensive talent options.

Going offensive style malf on the PTR is straight up worse than going offensive style malf on live (except for a small boost in dmg during the midgame) because they grouped practically all the offensive talents into the lvl 4 and 7 tiers without adding anything new.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

BattleHamster posted:

This is cool and all but my point was that they nerfed his healing capabilities while also giving him less offensive talent options.

Going offensive style malf on the PTR is straight up worse than going offensive style malf on live (except for a small boost in dmg during the midgame) because they grouped practically all the offensive talents into the lvl 4 and 7 tiers without adding anything new.

What the gently caress are you talking about? It's not like they removed any offensive talents, and frankly the Moonfire talents being moved to 4 and 7 made them much more accessible. Nobody competent or playing seriously is going to take Full Moonfire over loving Ice Block or Shrink ray, and typically Tenacious Roots is King Turd of poo poo Mountain regardless of what you're doing because the crowd control is so valuable. Shuffling the Moonfire talents down several tiers gives Malfurion the option to actually be a reasonable contender at sustained poke output, which isn't something you want to develop late in the game - you want that as early as possible so the damage can add up while everyone is pussyfooting around the impending teamfight because they don't have their ults yet.

Yes, they nerfed his healing and took away Cleanse, but that was something that needed to happen. Going back over what you said originally:

quote:

I think I would be okay with all the healing nerfs if his offensive capabilities were increased but I don't think that's the case.
The Moonfire talents becoming more accessible is a drastic increase to his offensive capabilities. Even if you only take Lunar Shower, it makes Malfurion's DPS rise considerably.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Nah garrosh is going to get the cool warrior kit that doesn't cause people to complain about him in quick match to this day.

Perhaps a whirling axe, and an ult that resets on kills...

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER

Fuzz posted:

Why would you care when Pajama Party exists.

Because I've owned it for two years now, and TLV is literally the only character in the game who didn't get anything at all from 2.0.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Olaf The Stout posted:

Because I've owned it for two years now, and TLV is literally the only character in the game who didn't get anything at all from 2.0.

They got hanamura, a map they're incredibly good on. Each viking counts as a body moving a cart forward. Meanwhile poor cho'gal only counts as a single dude pushing the cart.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER

Coolness Averted posted:

They got hanamura, a map they're incredibly good on. Each viking counts as a body moving a cart forward. Meanwhile poor cho'gal only counts as a single dude pushing the cart.

They're not that good at that map though? On hotslogs they had a 41% winrate in HL and a 28% in TL on that map last week. The only characters worse at that map are lucio, medivh, and chogall. Even at Master level for the past 3 weeks combined, their winrate is 39%.

TLV's main strength is soaking lanes when people leave for objective, and with the best strategy being to siege forts down teams are heavily disincentivized to leave lanes, negating their whole deal. Also if you're going to stall out the opponents payload do it in a lane. Also it's a two lane map, which is bad for them anyway.

So you're going to push a payload 20% faster into a lane where you're going to meet your opponents and then stall out indefinitely.

Olaf The Stout fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Jun 7, 2017

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Played a QM game as Kael'thas and made the big board with "No Deaths While Outnumbered". First time I've ever seen that... As a lovely HOTS player I feel like the game was congratulating me for running for my life.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

Played a QM game as Kael'thas and made the big board with "No Deaths While Outnumbered". First time I've ever seen that... As a lovely HOTS player I feel like the game was congratulating me for running for my life.

Dead plays don't do damage. This seems to be something at least half of hots players don't understand.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

100+ games in with Probius now (yep I have a problem) and I still can't make up my mind on rift vs cannon talents at 1 and 7, except in the case where they have a stealth hero. :(

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Honestly, they both serve the same purpose of locking down an area. I tend towards Rift talents myself because it feels like the Cannon dies too often. The other thing is that the Cannon relies on having a Pylon around, which Rift doesn't.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

loving thank Elune and Thrall and the Xel'naga and Carl and whoever else you want to thank. Blizzard posted that as of Malthael patch Varian will be matchmade as a tank in QM.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Mind over Matter posted:

loving thank Elune and Thrall and the Xel'naga and Carl and whoever else you want to thank. Blizzard posted that as of Malthael patch Varian will be matchmade as a tank in QM.

What about D.Va?

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

SKULL.GIF posted:

What about D.Va?

They didn't say anything, so she's probably still a bruiser and I don't give a poo poo. It's a lot easier to beat a D.va than it is a Taunt Varian without a tank.

Source, if people want it: https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/6fl0zd/weekly_reminder_that_varian_is_still_broken_in_qm/dijvlkq/

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug
Gul'dan is extremely my poo poo. Just murder teams with corruption, and Horrify is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Lprsti99 posted:

Gul'dan is extremely my poo poo. Just murder teams with corruption, and Horrify is amazing.

You should try Rain of Destruction on maps like Infernal Shrines.