Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Teddybear posted:

The funniest thing in the world right now would be if Sessions blew a lifetime gig as Senator from Alabama to be the constantly abused and wildly incompetent AG for four months before getting turfed out by a manchild.

Fitting end to his political career if you ask me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

oldswitcheroo posted:

WC 2022 shouldn't be held in Qatar for completely other reasons, tbf.

Yeah the open air stadium with no AC in the dead of the Arabian summer is one, the stadium being built by literal slaves is two. I'm sure there's more.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Duke Igthorn posted:

Tried Portal Knights? Minecraft but with goals and a plot and better graphics.

Not a fan of olde ye timy fantasy and from the looks of it is has the same problem Starbound has where pursuing the goal throws half the game away and there is no reason to build anything as you are just going to move on to the next goal.

I am not even a fan of the genre in general. My favourite of the set I have is Infinifactory which has next to zero normal exploration or survival. The exploration comes from discovering how the rules work and how to creatively apply them to meet your goals. After a while you end up with a tool box of ideas you can apply to the next machine or an old one to increase performance.

It is the most art from function puzzle/block game I know.

I much rather shoot things making them die in awful ways most of the time.

Roland Jones posted:

You'd probably do better with modded Minecraft, then. Things like Thermal Expansion or Botania and whatnot would give you goals to go for and so on.

I tried that or some other mod a while back. Minecraft as I remember it is a badly coded mess that has been superseded even back then.

pumpinglemma posted:

If you haven't played Factorio, you really need to. Also Zachtronics' puzzle games - Spacechem, Infinifactory, TIS-100 and Shenzhen I/O.

Yeah I mentioned I have played Factrorio. That poo poo gets crazy. I mean, look at this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgfwwqwxdxY

Tried Space Chem and bounced off it. As for the last two that is getting outside of scope and I don't like programming for most part and I tried learning C++ at one point.

eviltastic posted:

It just totally blows my mind that Trump is so bad at this that in mere months he's got Jeff Sessions considering walking away from the best chance he'll ever have to wreak the havoc he's always wanted.

He touched the poop and he finally might have figured out that you can't polish diarrhoea.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
Confirmation, and also some revealing phrasing:
https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/872228368049205248
https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/872228757339353088
That specific wording leaves no doubt in my mind that Trump has directly told Sessions, at least, that he wants him to spike the investigation.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Nazzadan posted:

Yeah the open air stadium with no AC in the dead of the Arabian summer is one, the stadium being built by literal slaves is two. I'm sure there's more.

It's going to be (well, might be) held in winter. But still.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Mulva posted:

Inexplicably, Flynn.
Does it count if Trump stays loyal to him only because doing otherwise means having to admit he was wrong? Maybe that's the secret to stay in Trump's good graces.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Tayter Swift posted:

In a cute little irony, the next World Cup as we all know is in Qatar. Per FIFA's rules if all this poo poo makes them unable to host, the hosting rights revert to the nation which last held it.

You know. Russia.

lmao

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Does it count if Trump stays loyal to him only because doing otherwise means having to admit he was wrong risks impeachment and worse? Maybe that's the secret to stay in Trump's good graces.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Rigel posted:

It would produce about the same amount of power as 32 coal power plants.

https://twitter.com/Timothy_Cama/status/872207906115993600

'both sides' doesn't work that way...

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Pollyanna posted:

DO IT YOU gently caress

I have a very happy image of Sessions becoming angry and yelling "fine what do you want me to do, Resign?"

And trump is there making this face :thunk:

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

ATP_Power posted:

As someone close to this issue, this is a terrible breakdown of what happened on campus. If you think the campus was terrorized by bat wielding SJWs or that the protest actions that targeted the President of the college were primarily about the DoA/DoP event on campus you have been given a very poor summary of the story. The protests were largely about campus specific issues related to campus policing and policy, and the email about the new DoA structure got rolled into that action as a minor side component, not the primary focus. I will also add that the new Day of Absence event was a voluntary off campus event that could only accommodate 200 students on a campus of thousands - this was not kicking whitey off campus, and the specific idioms of Bret Weinstein and his rhetorical style and need for his own platform have rolled this into the bullshit reactionary "free speech movement" that's infected the RWM, Berkeley and Portland recently.

Campus was closed on Thursday and Friday and Monday due to credible campus shooting threats against the school. The yearly science carnival which attracts hundreds of local elementary and secondary school kids to campus was canceled because of this, graduation is going to be held off campus in Tacoma for security reasons. If you follow through on that story about the "bat wielding mob", the event that Heat Street "chronicled" you'll notice it's dated to after the first campus closures, and in the context of these people chalking "Pepe" and engaging in "trolling" of the kids on a campus that's literally SHUT DOWN BECAUSE OF A SHOOTING THREAT maybe deserved more than a stern talking to. Especially in light of the death threats and racial harassment that's been barraging anyone publicly identified from any of the protest videos that have shown up on national media.

Maybe Mediaite pearl clutching that is quoting Heat Street isn't the best source for something connected to a small town college that has a tradition of radicalism and protests with more heart than strategy behind them.

Thanks for posting this, it's a good recap.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

It's going to be (well, might be) held in winter. But still.

Oh fair enough, I thought I read when they got confirmed as the pick that it would be like 100 something during the games.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

hanales posted:

Is the Conaway Schiff thing being aired anywhere? It's not on cspan.

It was a 5 minutes update on the investigation, nothing huge

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Whatever happened with the 6:15 Conaway/Schiff press thing that was scheduled?

Edit: Answered while I was typing.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Nazzadan posted:

Oh fair enough, I thought I read when they got confirmed as the pick that it would be like 100 something during the games.

We had the Winter Olympics in the only subtropical place in all of Russia so...

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
No but guys the rift between Trump and Sessions is clearly just a smoke screen and not the millionth example of the complete dysfunctional dumpster fire that is this administration. :downs:

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

:perfect:

oldswitcheroo
Apr 27, 2008

The bombers opened their bomb bay doors, exerted a miraculous magnetism which shrunk the fires, gathered them into cylindrical steel containers, and lifted the containers into the bellies of the planes.

Nazzadan posted:

Their national team is also going to get crushed in every match in the group stage. You shouldn't get to host if your team would otherwise have 0 chance of qualifying.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

eviltastic posted:

That specific wording leaves no doubt in my mind that Trump has directly told Sessions, at least, that he wants him to spike the investigation.

Yeah...Sessions wanting to say he's going to spike it as much as possible without getting his hands dirty and Trump being too stupid to understand the nuance.

Retro42 fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Jun 7, 2017

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

eviltastic posted:

"Listen Jeff, doing what the president asks you to do is not treason, it's like, the opposite of treason, in fact, it's the law, and not doing what the president asks you to do is treason. Trust me, I know law, been sued tons of times, never lost, I might be the biggest legal expert of our time, I am that good. "

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

ATP_Power posted:

As someone close to this issue, this is a terrible breakdown of what happened on campus.
That's BetterToRuleInHell's thing, going back to old USPOL threads. He comes in with the latest RWM distraction piece about Ivory Tower College SJWs and then vanishes into the ether after making GBS threads up the thread.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Rincewinds posted:

"Listen Jeff, doing what the president asks you to do is not treason, it's like, the opposite of treason, in fact, it's the law, and not doing what the president asks you to do is treason. Trust me, I know law, been sued tons of times, never lost, I might be the biggest legal expert of our time, I am that good. "

He's got a doctorate of law now damnit!

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

No but guys the rift between Trump and Sessions is clearly just a smoke screen and not the millionth example of the complete dysfunctional dumpster fire that is this administration. :downs:

I will believe it when I see it. Rememeber when everyone was convinced Bannon was done?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Tir McDohl posted:

I will believe it when I see it. Rememeber when everyone was convinced Bannon was done?

Uh Bannon has spent months now at the margins of the administration with his only notable accomplishment being getting photographed with people in front of a whiteboard with his manifesto written on it.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Shifty Pony posted:

I have a very happy image of Sessions becoming angry and yelling "fine what do you want me to do, Resign?"

And trump is there making this face :thunk:

Nornally I dislike the thinkyface because I am an old and I want it to get off my lawn, but this is a plausible and amusing image.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

AmiYumi posted:

That's BetterToRuleInHell's thing, going back to old USPOL threads. He comes in with the latest RWM distraction piece about Ivory Tower College SJWs and then vanishes into the ether after making GBS threads up the thread.

Aether. Ether is an anesthetic or a mana-regaining item. :colbert:

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Uh Bannon has spent months now at the margins of the administration with his only notable accomplishment being getting photographed with people in front of a whiteboard with his manifesto written on it.

He also got to see the orb

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

gently caress Russia, lets laugh at some weird poo poo.

Someone break down this one. I need to know why anyone thought any of this was a good idea.

TLDR -- students at Evergreen State College in Olympia, Washington asked for a 'Day of Absence', asking all the white people to leave the school for a day. A liberal professor (indicated by the article) disagrees with this, and then he's deemed a racist and students and a segment of the faculty demand his firing, because he's somehow endangering students.

Not to be outdone by asking white people to collectively gently caress off, groups of progressive students started roaming the school grounds with bats, because why not. The cherry on top are the counter-protesters, some identifying themselves with Limp-Bizkit themed protests.

This sounds like longform improv.

I saw a video of the protest where some hotshit cop shows up and immediately just starts violently pushing through a bunch of students, almost knocking some over, until his partner starts holding him back, so that might've been a factor.

e: found it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHOS1HBwW3E

-Blackadder- fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Jun 7, 2017

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Lote posted:

It's a little bit more than denounced. Qatar has no land, sea, or air rights to travel through the 7 countries. They import most food. Shipping is looking like it's completely out. Qatar is going to have to fly in all their food for the foreseeable future.

Iran has offered to use its resources to ship food aid directly. :shepface:

(This may actually be quasi feasible but isn't going to help Qatar's increasingly hosed diplomatic situation in the current Age of Trump environment)

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

AmiYumi posted:

Which is funny, since while Evergreen is a very, very liberal college one thing it's not is elitist.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

gently caress SNEEP posted:

Which is funny, since while Evergreen is a very, very liberal college one thing it's not is elitist.

Ugh, don't you understand synonyms?

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Iran has offered to use its resources to ship food aid directly. :shepface:

(This may actually be quasi feasible but isn't going to help Qatar's increasingly hosed diplomatic situation in the current Age of Trump environment)

That was one of my initial reactions to the news as well. It essentially went, "Saudi Arabia suddenly led a complete cut off of Qatar from the rest of the region? Well, if they weren't tied to Iran in some ways they may be out of absolute necessity now."

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

The US having a large military base in a country that was just forced to go full Iran.

I can't take this much hilarity.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
https://twitter.com/amyfiscus/status/872238375872475138

Comey felt really awkward when Trump offered to help him find some furniture.

sharkbomb
Feb 9, 2005
This is some pure dedication to the art of trolling--

When you get blocked by Trump on Twitter just become an IRL troll with first-amendment lawyers from Columbia University

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/06/...v=top-news&_r=0

quote:

WASHINGTON — Lawyers for Twitter users blocked by President Trump after they criticized or mocked him are asking him to reverse the moves, arguing that the Constitution bars him from blocking people on the social media service.

The request raises novel legal issues stemming from Mr. Trump’s use of his Twitter account, @realDonaldTrump, to make statements about public policy. In a letter sent to Mr. Trump on Tuesday, lawyers for several users he has blocked argued that his account was a “public forum” from which the government may not constitutionally exclude people because it disagrees with views they have expressed.

“This Twitter account operates as a ‘designated public forum’ for First Amendment purposes, and accordingly the viewpoint-based blocking of our clients is unconstitutional,” the letter said. “We ask that you unblock them and any others who have been blocked for similar reasons.”

The letter implies that if the Trump administration does not comply, a lawsuit may follow. The blocked Twitter users are represented by the Knight First Amendment Institute at Columbia University, whose executive director, Jameel Jaffer, said in a statement that Mr. Trump did not have a right to exclude his critics from engaging with his posts.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Paracaidas posted:

Ugh, don't you understand synonyms?

No, do I look like I went to some elitist liberal college? :smug: go geoducks

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

oohhboy posted:

Not a fan of olde ye timy fantasy and from the looks of it is has the same problem Starbound has where pursuing the goal throws half the game away and there is no reason to build anything as you are just going to move on to the next goal.
Luckily it's one button teleportation from the map so it's more that you establish a base world and build it up while exploring further out and bringing stuff back. The inventory system is hosed, for example you can't look in a chest and your inventory at the same time, and there's no pause button. I'm having fun so far. The different environs are cool.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Nornally I dislike the thinkyface because I am an old and I want it to get off my lawn, but this is a plausible and amusing image.

It is a very Trump smiley.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Night10194 posted:

He's got a doctorate of law now damnit!

As someone who had been in college and grad school for 13 loving years working towards my doctorate I cannot tell you how angry this actually makes me. I don't think liberty even has a doctoral program

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

sharkbomb posted:

This is some pure dedication to the art of trolling--

When you get blocked by Trump on Twitter just become an IRL troll with first-amendment lawyers from Columbia University

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/06/...v=top-news&_r=0

As trivial as this seems it's pretty fascinating from a legal perspective :3

• Locked thread