Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

What is the deal with Tactics showing up on so many lucky banners, anyway?

My last two lucky pulls (not counting this current wave of nightmare ones) have been good, but they were also 100% Tactics relics and I really, really do not need any more. I have like twice as many relics for it as any other realm even though I've never specifically pulled on a Tactics banner, and there's honestly not even anything else that I want from it.

I wish we had gotten the elemental draws like JP did instead of getting the DU-based draws. Nobody draws for story dungeons! You can beat those without any synergy. On the other hand I could really use some ice poo poo, or more imperils in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

There WAS a Secret of Mana event. In the Japanese version. Got skipped in Global.

Two Secret of Mana events. I expect a third in about 3 months.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Well they've done events for IV: The After Years, Crisis Core, X-2, and XIII-2 so they could theoretically start doing realm dungeons for those games. There's also Tactics Advance they could dip into. They also still haven't added XV content either outside of events.

There are dungeon realms for Crisis Core, X-2, and (as of tomorrow), XIII-2 in Japan. The first Tactics Advance event is coming soon as well.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Dungeon Update Draw is up.

2/11 - Rinoa OSB and Selphie USB :toot:

Didn't fix my V or XIV synergy, but Selphie's USB is nice. Having a rod for other FF8 events will be nice too whenever my healer isn't using it.

edit: Also, Lenna's Dress is in the relics list, so don't worry about the weird note about the date relics are avaliable from - every released item from V, VIII, XIV and Tactics should be on there.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Squall SSB. Faaaaaaaaaart.

Still gonna pull in every lucky draw tho

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
1/11 Alph SSB :suicide:

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

1/11 Mustadio SSB Romandan Pistol. Blah.

Decent chance that one becomes a Rosetta after mastery since I already own his BSB weapon.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Oh man, Lightning USB banner already?

Thank god I have mythril.

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005
Only 1/11 but it was Zell's Duelist. This sounds like a thing I want with Cloud USB and Ramza Chant.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

AegisP posted:

Oh man, Lightning USB banner already?

Thank god I have mythril.

Oh man nobody saw that one coming next! Wow they've really screwed around the order of things if that's not some mistake.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

3/11

Rinoa OSB
Gaffgarion BSB (dupe)
Laguna SSB (ice imperil? nice!)

My first Rinoa relic and only earth damage relic I think I have outside of like Ingus SSB. Not sure how like it'll make her a team member outside of weak vs earth bosses (chain stonega + OSB seems like a good DPS way to go)

I'll combine the gaffgarion swords. I'm swimming in FFT swords.

Second Laguna SB (have his interrupting missile strike one, which kinda sucks). Not sure if it'd even be worth trying to incorporate this into a ice team given Laguna's lackluster skillset.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

BGrifter posted:

1/11 Alph SSB :suicide:

Alphinaud SSB is really good though. Radiant Shield can end up contributing a ton of damage and ATK/MAG boosts are never a bad thing.

As for my own DU Lucky...

Gaffgarion BSB is pretty solid for a dark BSB, comes with ST damage plus an ether on CMD1 and a % Heal on CMD2 so what it lacks in raw damage from other BSBs it makes up for in utility.

Bartz BSB2 literally just came out. It's not terribly extravagant, EnWater on entry with a 50% Mug Power on CMD1 and 4x Water Spellblade CMD2. It's still cool to have something current for Bartz though. :toot:

Zell SSB is outdated and a dud. It's just ST damage with a weak (25%) crit fix. Boo.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Kawalimus posted:

Oh man nobody saw that one coming next! Wow they've really screwed around the order of things if that's not some mistake.

The real surprise is skipping over FF6 and 9.

Awakening Cloud was very likely to be tied to Fest Events (particularily Zenith of Crisis, where you faced a countdown of bosses each day that ends with Sephiroth).

FF1/Mobius is both a collab, and the main character of the event, Meia, isn't actually playable yet in Mobius Global.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jun 7, 2017

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion
2/11, a dupe Red Scorpion for Quistis and Galuf's burst, which makes me glad if only for an excuse to use Galuf. I think this might be my first 5* hammer, who else even has one? Cid IV maybe?

Hawkeye
Jun 2, 2003
Two TG cid Excalibur's and a BSB for Marach :stare:

Well that was something. Now I'm toying with combining them just to be ridiculous.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Not a terribly exciting pull, the rod is a dupe but Papalymo appreciates the extra oomph in XIV dungeons.

I'm still starved for something for Quistis besides her Mighty Guard whip, though!

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Picked up a TgCid BSB. Is there any point in using it over his OSB?

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

acumen posted:

Picked up a TgCid BSB. Is there any point in using it over his OSB?

You use it with his OSB, because Thunder God mode makes his usually way too slow BSB much faster and therefore better.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Wanted TGC or ramza, but this seems good too

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

2/11, dupe Romadan Pistol (Tactics :argh:) and Thancred's BSB, which seems a little clunky, but I don't have a ton of fire options so I'll take it. Was really hoping for some V stuff but eh.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
1/11, Papalymo BSB.

A really good BSB, but I was still a little annoyed since I was already loaded with good XIV synergy. At least my Fire team is now super stacked (Thancred/Steiner for Imperils, Yda for a Breakdown, Vivi/Papalymo for damage).

Decided to go ahead and do the Black Lucky in hopes of Sheepsong/Ley Lines or Vivi OSB.

2/11, Serah and Vivi BSB. Both dupes.

Urgh, I'm mad. I do have a 6* +Fire staff now, but that was 25 Mythril that should have been saved.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

pichupal posted:

The real surprise is skipping over FF6 and 9.

Awakening Cloud was very likely to be tied to Fest Events (particularily Zenith of Crisis, where you faced a countdown of bosses each day that ends with Sephiroth).

FF1/Mobius is both a collab, and the main character of the event, Meia, isn't actually playable yet in Mobius Global.

Guess they're throwing more mythril drains at us before fest, what with Lightning's USB.

I doubt the Meia stuff matters cause the last Mobius event had spoilers for stuff that hadn't even happened yet in its own game and they didn't care. IIRC the last one came a little later than its JP one did also.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
1/11 some headband for rapha who cares

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

3/11 Ramza USB(!!) Mustadio BSB and Laguna BSB. Great pull though it does Jack poo poo for my lack of V and X relics. My USB streak continues though. Up to 6 now. I'm looking at you, Cloud.

GreenBuckanneer, sorry couldn't find the mockups. They were on Reddit months ago.

iamsosmrt fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Jun 7, 2017

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

The DU's Lucky brought me a (2/11) with a dupe Ysh'tola Burst and Squall's Twin Lance...

I pretty much said gently caress it and ragepulled on the White LD for Selphie's Burst, Beatrix's Magic Blink SSB and a dupe Yuna's BSB2 Guard.

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

2/11 Romadan pistol for Mustadio and Qustsis's OSB.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
2/11, Seifer Burst and Deployment Tactics for Alphinaud, no dupes! Worth it! :toot:

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Heey, two good bursts! :toot:

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
*big wet honking fart noises*

Normally 3/11 is not so bad, but 2 more Omnirods and a Genji Blade is

*big wet honking fart noises*

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

platinum sword :shepface:

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Cowcaster posted:

platinum sword :shepface:

first time, or dupe?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Twin Lance is a dupe, everything else is new. It's a shame Krile doesn't have wrath to make it easier to cycle Sheepsong and Unspoken Bond, but I have Sheepsong alternatives so I can probably make it work. Magic Blink is Magic Blink, stackable Breakdown is stackable Breakdown. It's a shame I didn't get any new bursts but not bad regardless.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Pulled on the white LD after my meh pull here because I have no self-control.

4/11, Yuna's BSB, Lenna's SSB, Ovelia's SSB, and Eiko's SSB (dupe).

Not a bad pull, I think. I guess Yuna is now an option for my mage team - I've got Yshtola and Vanille's BSBs, so I'm not sure she's going to be dethroning them as a healer any time soon, but having a pinch-healing option that also deals decent damage isn't bad, and I already have a bunch of her other relics.

Needed a medica in V and Tactics (somehow), so that was definitely worth 25 mythril. Down to 60 mythril left and no dungeons to farm, I am so hosed for this Extreme Fest lol. I'll be curious to see what changes they make to the lineup, looking at the JP version, none of them really jumped out at me as must-pulls.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Lucky Draw 1/11 Gogo's BSB. A+ would pull again.

Killing Vector
May 3, 2009

Y'shtola BSB is a dupe and the SSBs probably won't see much use (I already have Orlandeau's OSB and BSB, though another +10 ATK is nice), but I'll definitely take Ramza's USB! Also, I look forward to my Tactics synergy getting more and more ridiculous as these DU Lucky Draws keep going.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
I'm really torn between drawing on this dungeon update or not. I don't need more FFT, my FF8 and FF14 is 'okay', I have very little FF5 stuff, but there's just so much stuff coming up soon...

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Pander posted:

first time, or dupe?

i got 4 platinum swords from two pulls on the very first banner it was introduced, before a guaranteed 5* was a thing

Cador_2004
Oct 13, 2012
2/11 Delita BSB and Alph BSB. :woop:

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
2/11, dupe Selphie BSB rod, but I did get Irvine's BSB! I already have Vaan and Lion's BSBs though, so poor Irvine is still never going to see the light of day outside of VIII content.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

That's so weird that they're throwing the FF13 event with Nabaat at us so soon. That'll really mess up my logs that I've been doing. What about Noctis and the rest? I can't wait for maintenance so all this gets cleared up.

Also, my Lucky Draw netted me Squall's BSB. Which is... very good?? I literally couldn't have asked for a better result? Welp! (There was also a dupe Saintly Excalibur and an old Gilga Genji Blade that I don't care about.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

paperwind posted:

2/11, dupe Selphie BSB rod, but I did get Irvine's BSB! I already have Vaan and Lion's BSBs though, so poor Irvine is still never going to see the light of day outside of VIII content.

Irvine's BSB has ATK/RES and MAG/DEF -20% commands so it's actually more valuable than those other BSBs since they are debuffs that can stack on top of other poo poo. Irvine BSB is real good.

• Locked thread