Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Look at these fools that think any pitcher is worth rostering. Muahahahaha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
What are feelings on Villar? Some guy in my roto league wants him in a trade and I'm trying to get a closer off him.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Idk but he's benched yet again tonight

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Right now I've got a standing offer of Addison Reed for Villar. That seems like I'd be selling way too low but if he just starts coming off the bench strictly as a pinch runner, who the gently caress knows.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
As a Villar owner I personally would consider any offer I got for him. I'm starting to think last year was a fluke and he's just not that good.

E: I'm thinking about trading Villar and just starting Baez every week. He seems to be hitting enough, even though he's not getting consistent playing time.

Jingleheimer fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jun 6, 2017

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I've got other middle infielders. I've also got a lead in steals already and really need saves to climb back into contention. It just feels so wrong.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.

Jingleheimer posted:

As a Villar owner I personally would consider any offer I got for him. I'm starting to think last year was a fluke and he's just not that good.

This is what I thought about him last year. To be fair, I've been skeptical because I bought in too early, back when he was still on the Astros.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Jose Quintana, Kevin Gausman, Masa Tanaka, these are all good pitchers you should hand the ball to every fifth day.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I rode that Wainwright high too hard and now I having a horrible comedown.

Also, Villar is the type of player I try and avoid at the draft, and I still drafted him and now I feel like I can't drop him because of his stolen base numbers.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

in an obp/slg keeper league, i offered a guy $5 gallo for like a $13 billy hamilton and a knebel, who i will not keep. i am of the opinion that i am giving up a massive amount of value for short term needs. this guy doesn't think he's getting enough.

am i wrong here?

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Would need to see the rest of your scoring to say for sure, but it certainly looks like you are overpaying. Gallo literally only hurts in Avg, and $5 to keep him is incredibly good.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
sometimes people just don't want to trade a guy. I don't really see Hamilton as a guy people are looking to use as a trade chip since he fills a specific role no one else can do.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

Would need to see the rest of your scoring to say for sure, but it certainly looks like you are overpaying. Gallo literally only hurts in Avg, and $5 to keep him is incredibly good.

r, hr, rbi, sb, obp, slg

w, sv, qs, k, era, whip

i mean, i know i'm overpaying here. but i already have a ton of power:

avila
marwin
carpenter
donaldson
correa
schwarber
bradley
khris davis
betts
bogaerts
pinder
schebler
choo

as you can, i also don't have much of a position for him either. it's really a need for a need thing, not a value thing.

i'm last in steals, and like second in power in a 13-team league. hamilton alone could net me 10-11 points by year's end and i doubt i lose my position in power.

abelwingnut fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jun 7, 2017

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Welp I dropped Devon Travis instead of Odor :cry:

My league only has 1 DL spot and I had 6 guys on the DL

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

Is it silly to drop Lackey or Urias for a speculative Felipe Rivero add in a 12 team league with a terrible pitcher ww? If Lackey tanks tonight it will be pretty hard to continue rostering him.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

resident posted:

Is it silly to drop Lackey or Urias for a speculative Felipe Rivero add in a 12 team league with a terrible pitcher ww? If Lackey tanks tonight it will be pretty hard to continue rostering him.

If it's redraft, I think dropping Urias is a defendable move for sure. Overall it would depend on how badly you need saves.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jun 7, 2017

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Urias has to pass like 4 SPs to be a starter again. I think it's safe to drop him. He is unowned in my keeper league. There's always other pitching prospects.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Urias ain't ready. I dropped him in my six keeper league

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Yeah he's 20 years old for chrissakes. I never understood why they fast tracked him so hard. Dodgers window is permanently open with that payroll.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Ok, so on one team I have Posey, Realmuto, and Avila at the moment. Another guy is interested in Posey, but his team is...not too good. I would want maybe Nunez plus Kimbrel, but I highly, highly doubt he'd take that as it would leave his bullpen in shambles.

Would Posey for Kimbrel be reasonable? Or Nunez/Kintzler?

I really only need RP help at this point, but I think Posey is worth a lot.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Posey worth an elite closer in my opinion. Catcher is still a weird position and he's good.

Also Maeda to the bullpen with Sucky Pitcheritis.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Inspector_666 posted:

Ok, so on one team I have Posey, Realmuto, and Avila at the moment. Another guy is interested in Posey, but his team is...not too good. I would want maybe Nunez plus Kimbrel, but I highly, highly doubt he'd take that as it would leave his bullpen in shambles.

Would Posey for Kimbrel be reasonable? Or Nunez/Kintzler?

I really only need RP help at this point, but I think Posey is worth a lot.

2 catcher? Why do you have so many catchers? Start with Posey+ and see what happens. If you're willing to take Posey and Kimbrel, start with Kimbrel+Nunez and see what happens.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Spoeank posted:

2 catcher? Why do you have so many catchers? Start with Posey+ and see what happens. If you're willing to take Posey and Kimbrel, start with Kimbrel+Nunez and see what happens.

1 C, but 2 UTIL. I drafted Posey and Realmuto, then picked up Avila because he's scorching hot, has 1B elig, and was a free agent.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Approach the guy and talk to him about Kimbrel and catchers and see what happens.

And go get Wilson Ramos

everyone go get Wilson Ramos in fact

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Spoeank posted:

Approach the guy and talk to him about Kimbrel and catchers and see what happens.

And go get Wilson Ramos

everyone go get Wilson Ramos in fact

Ramos is already taken, and I know the other guy is already interested in Posey since he approached me initially. I'll float Nunez+Kimbrel and work from there, just wanted to sanity check the equivalences.

Thanks goons!

EDIT: Also I just want to brag about the pitching staff on that team real quick

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Jun 8, 2017

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I pulled the trigger on giving up Villar for Addison Reed. It processes tomorrow, but I left Villar on my bench today because he's been such poo poo. Of course, he was back in the leadoff spot, hit a homer and a triple and Addison Reed got a clean save on his last day on the other guy's team. Villar will almost certainly start playing like last year and that will be Reed's last save opportunity for three weeks.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

is zunino fixed? i haven't watched him as of late

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

please don't mistake doing well against the Twins with being fixed

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Kenta Maeda to the bullpen

Could be no big deal, they've been shuffling their rotation around all year. But the manager's quote sounds more like Maeda is being demoted.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

In one of my leagues someone just dropped Dozier for Howie Kendrick. :stare:

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Keuchel to the DL. All pitchers are garbage.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Rand alPaul posted:

Keuchel to the DL. All pitchers are garbage.

I was actually kind of hoping either him or Verlander (well, more Verlander given his performance) would hit the DL so I wouldn't have to drop anybody to activate Kinsler :ohdear:

EDIT: Looks like they're back dating it to 6/5, which is a little better than it could be I guess?

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Jun 8, 2017

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
One of my fantasy teams is poised to lose its fourth consecutive week. Sad!

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Rand alPaul posted:

One of my fantasy teams is poised to lose its fourth consecutive week. Sad!

Same. Between this and the rangers being garbage im ready for this season to end 😕

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

the_american_dream posted:

Same. Between this and the rangers being garbage im ready for this season to end 😕

My fantasy teams are doing well, but yeah this Cardinals fan is right there with ya.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
My fantasy teams in the non-Goon league are rounding into form, and also the Yankees are good so gently caress all of yous.

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

My teams are so-so. As a m's fan, season is going as expected.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

IcePhoenix posted:

please don't mistake doing well against the Twins with being fixed

This is some race-to-the-bottom poo poo for our pitching. 64 IP and only one win to show for it. :barf:

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

I'm in last place in my keeper league and it doesn't look like my team is going to pull its poo poo together, so I'm thinking ahead to next year. Any good young keeper targets I should try to trade for in preparation for next year?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
ay yo gently caress gerrit cole namaste

• Locked thread