Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

no troll please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Fenn the Fool! posted:

A move that's -6 is only punishable if it leaves the blocker close enough to hit you with their 6 frame attacks. The further an attack pushes away on block the more negative it has to be to be unsafe, because longer reaching attacks are generally slower.

If you get your opponent to block an attack that's +3, then you have three frames to do things before they can. So even if they do a really fast 6-frame attack afterward, you can beat it with an 8 frame attack or trade with a 9 frame one. In real match neither of you is going to be reliably hitting your attack on the first possible frame, so there's some fuzzyness to how this will play out in practice, but it's still a helpful concept to understand. When you're only +2 or +3, your opponent's d1 is still probably going to beat your fastest non-d1 mid, so you still need to try and read what action your opponent will take, but those extra frames will let you beat their d1 with yours, or maybe just walk backwards out of d1 range and then whiff punish.

Thanks. Just to tie together some of the concepts and discussion from the previous page together:

Ivy has a f21 string that hits high then mid, and is -3 on block, and can be special canceled. It also leads into f212, which is also -3 on block and adds another mid, and f213, which is -4 on block and adds an overhead.

If I want to think about how this string fits into my arsenal, does this sound right?

I throw out f21, and if I confirm that it connects, I can cancel into a special like db2. If they block the string, then I can continue into either f212 or f213. If they crouch block, the high will miss but then the mid will put them into blockstun and if I did f213 the overhead would connect. But using this string is overall more vulnerable to low counters because a standing counter would have to land during the startup frames for the string, while something like d1 has a wider window to connect because the first hit is high and would miss a crouching opponent. Is that right?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Can't wait for Bahstahn Brahnd

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

http://littlebrothereye.azurewebsites.net/Event

If you are away from your console, this tells you the events

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo
I'm not super familiar with that string, but none of that seems wrong on it's face. How all these pieces fit together is going to have a lot of nuances, I'd recommend going to training mode and getting a feel for what you can/can't hitconfirm when the dummy is set to randomly block and also what you can/can't punish with when the dummy is set to do that string to you. Just be sure to think about how reaction time plays into this, when the dummy is on a predictable loop its a lot easier to react to things then when a real opponent is doing them sporadically along with other attacks. A few other points to keep in mind here: Even if they duck the first hit and block the second hit crouching, they could still stand up to block the overhead (though, if vine drill hits low then you could cancel to that instead of doing the overhead for a 50/50). I don't know how much range that string has and how fast the second hit comes out, but ducking under the first hit and punishing with a crouching attack could be very difficult to do on reaction; if your opponent can only do so predicatively, then that becomes something you could potentially bait out and punish.

Finally, whatever a move's block or hit advantage is, that number only matters if you don't cancel it into another attack. So, f21 being -3 on block is irrelevant if you cancel it into f212. There might be a gap between those two attacks where your opponent could do something, if they leave blockstun for even one frame your opponent could do an armored attack or backdash. If there is a gap of 6 or more frames they have enough time to interrupt your string with their attack, though strings like this are fairly rare. Regardless, f21 being -3 on block isn't enough information to know whether f212 has a gap in it or how big that gap is. If you really wanted to you could look at that block advantage along with the recovery, startup, and cancel window of those attacks and do all the math to figure out how big that gap is, but it'd probably be easier just to test it in training mode.

HotBobaloo
Jun 19, 2002
So I just completed the story mode and was wondering how I go about contributing to the guild. I've been trying the Multiverse stuff but I don't see anything about Guild credits or Guild experience when I win a match. Also, is there a "best" way to level a character?

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

HotBobaloo posted:

So I just completed the story mode and was wondering how I go about contributing to the guild. I've been trying the Multiverse stuff but I don't see anything about Guild credits or Guild experience when I win a match. Also, is there a "best" way to level a character?

If you're in a guild, most things will generate guild points.

There is also a special "Guild Multiverse" which is what everyone is talking about when they talk about lovely boss fights. It's found on the guild information screen.

The "best" way to level a character seems to be either the single fight mode, or the endless tower in the battle simulator.

Endless tower works well because you can set an AI loadout and go do something else, just make sure to hit the button every couple minutes.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The guild has its own multiverse which you can find in the Guild page by moving over to the corner and clicking. It's not entirely obvious. However, single-player multiverse towers will also contribute, you should see a thing about "Guild Points" in the score screen after you finish a tower, it's not per-fight.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
Seriously feels like there's some kind of cap on epics because at first I was getting them all over, and now it's super loving exciting to see one because they're so rare! I'm unemployed at the moment and basically haven't done anything else since I last posted.

Also! Did a guild fight against joker, that was really fun! I suck though, some dude with super girl totally schooled me, it was great!

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

somebody set his clock ahead and found out a Red Hood event is getting put up on June 13th
https://www.reddit.com/r/INJUSTICE/comments/6fpm5o/red_hood_multiverse_on_june_13/

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

DLC Inc posted:

somebody set his clock ahead and found out a Red Hood event is getting put up on June 13th
https://www.reddit.com/r/INJUSTICE/comments/6fpm5o/red_hood_multiverse_on_june_13/

So this red hood is from earth 6666, an earth so edgy it went one more six than Satan?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Seems like a lot of pros are playing Catwoman now.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Hmm, let's go see if the guild multiverse will be easier this week...

"Defeat the guild boss 50 times"

Well, I guess if everyone does it once

Edit: Also one of the towers forces you to start over if you lose a fight and the other guild boss is a hyped-up spamming Deadshot. Well I guess with enough effort anything can be overcome

I decided to finally take my Poison Ivy online now that I can connect to the internet with a reasonable connection. It alternated between me getting railed by multiple full combos in a row until I died, and me being able to spam trait + vine drill over and over without them figuring out how to get out, with no in-between

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Jun 7, 2017

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

This is great, I was just reading about hit confirms earlier so seeing some video on it really helps. It does have me thinking more about frame data and how to translate that into tactics, though.

So the fastest moves in the game have a 6 frame startup, right? So that's what determines if a move is safe on block or not, generally.

If I just throw out a move that's unsafe on block (-6 or lower) and it gets blocked, then I have given the opponent the momentum, and just have to hope I don't get hit with a full combo.

If I have a move that is negative but safe on block (-1 to -5) then I can block my opponent's response. If I try to attack right away after they block I will be at a disadvantage because they can more easily line up a counter hit.

Now if I do a move that's plus on block and they block it, I still have some momentum, because I'll recover faster than they do, right? But it's only going to be 2 or 3 frames, what can that translate into?

6 frame move is the fastest move in the game yes. However there is determination than that if a move is safe on block, other things to account for is pushback on block, and if the animation moves someone backwards on block to boot.

Yes generally if you do a move that is negative, but not punishable, you have lost your "turn" as it were, and now it is the enemies "turn". However with the turn analogy, there are ways to steal turns like doing something negative, then immediately doing an armoured b3 to steal the initiative back because since it is their turn, they should hit a button for example.

If you do a move that is plus, its still effectively your turn, but it comes with a caveat. Generally after a plus move you want to do something like a d1 to make sure they respect your frame advantage because if they hit a button they will get hit. Only once they respect it can you truly do some big things with your frame advantage. Once you have established that mental state that they are afraid to hit that button, then you can start getting crazy, go for high/low mixups, throws, etc, with relative impunity.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Dude is streaming Red Hood's event right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPYhGZw45Qc

EDIT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad9CGtIPHZk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8DjErpveEE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJR1iNfHilk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcOOCZYs7f8

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Jun 7, 2017

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Jason's guns seem much more fun to use than Deadshot's.

Prygelknabe
Mar 31, 2009

He had a baseball bat, and I was tied to a chair. Pissing him off was the smart thing to do.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Hmm, let's go see if the guild multiverse will be easier this week...

"Defeat the guild boss 50 times"

Well, I guess if everyone does it once

Edit: Also one of the towers forces you to start over if you lose a fight and the other guild boss is a hyped-up spamming Deadshot. Well I guess with enough effort anything can be overcome
Just came to cry about this, god drat guild multiverse is so unfun :bang:

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I don't mind the towers but god drat they need to up the rewards for the boss.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

fadam posted:

Tom_Brady is unintentionally the funniest man in the FGC, but this video is very interesting. I had a suspicion that something fuckey was going on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2OfruISVgo

I missed this, what was it?

hup posted:

Yeah, why is Spawn rumored at all?

He's rumoured because Todd Macfarlane officially permitted NRS to add Spawn to any of their games for x amount of time starting with MKX, not that they or WB have shown any inclination to add him to anything.

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I missed this, what was it?

It was a video going over a misconception of how the game handles things done out of the reversal window.

Here is the recent video uploaded about it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lklnq1vRK2k

To quickly sum up the reversal window thing he was explaining, when you input something like down 1 xx down back 2, and are doing it in the buffer window from the block stun instead of doing them all in the order they were input it would combine all the inputs together into one chunk and then do db1 due to how it prioritizes commands.

I will mention I feel the new video covering it is still bad at explaining it.

Black Mage Knight fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Jun 7, 2017

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
Red Hood would be better if he was more like Kylo Ren.

I guess most characters would.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Supergirl is such an annoying little poo poo, I love it. I'd pay to get an audio feed of what some of the people I've been matched up against are saying.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

we might as well wait for the stream today because that guy who put up a video of Red Hood fights is embarrassingly loving bad at this game. Funny how there's like a straight up Deadpoolesque mask for Red Hood.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

That guy with the red hood event videos is really bad at this fighting game

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Yes, the Red Hood is bad

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
Am I right in thinking that the computer 'cheats'? Like I know people have said it input reads, but, is it actually doing stuff like, "if user pushes square, do one of these things that beat it, if they push triangle, do one of these things that beat it instead" etc etc, such that sometimes it's literally impossible?

It's kind of annoying if it is, and it feels like it is.

Also, where would I look for a good doctor fate guide? I'm kind of ok with him, but still don't reeeaally know when to use which combo and barely know any combos beyond the target ones.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

!Klams posted:

Am I right in thinking that the computer 'cheats'? Like I know people have said it input reads, but, is it actually doing stuff like, "if user pushes square, do one of these things that beat it, if they push triangle, do one of these things that beat it instead" etc etc, such that sometimes it's literally impossible?

It's kind of annoying if it is, and it feels like it is.

Also, where would I look for a good doctor fate guide? I'm kind of ok with him, but still don't reeeaally know when to use which combo and barely know any combos beyond the target ones.

Yes, and you can use that to your advantage at times too.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

I find that you can usually open up the AI by just spamming your fastest attack over and over. Eventually something will break in their logic and they'll take a hit trying to do something else besides sit there and block.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
More competent player taking a test drive with Jason

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4FSf2D3M5o

I'm no injustice expert but seems like Jason is quite meter greedy with his moves.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

So is he actually publicly available now? I may take him for a test drive tonight if so.

E: guess not, oh well.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
I'm actually kinda hype for Starfire. I love Teen Titans.

I hope she is next.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

I'm actually kinda hype for Starfire. I love Teen Titans.

I hope she is next.

Starfire had kind of a rocky path of character development in recent years. Like somebody said previously, the cartoon version of her is a very cleaned up rendition of her comic personality. It'll be interesting to see how she's presented in the game.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

it's safe to assume Starfire will also be her non-Titans persona since Cyborg is already in the game and he's boring as gently caress.

so close to having all 5 Titans but Raven got axed, Beast Boy is dead, and we have the wrong Robin.

I'm worried Sub-Zero will render Captain Cold obsolete as the poor guy is already a bit limited with his combos and moves outside ICE WALL FOR DAYS

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

DLC Inc posted:

it's safe to assume Starfire will also be her non-Titans persona since Cyborg is already in the game and he's boring as gently caress.

so close to having all 5 Titans but Raven got axed, Beast Boy is dead, and we have the wrong Robin.

Yeah but Cyborg's ending! Also wasn't Beast Boy rumored for one of the DLC packs?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Surprise, all the Teen Titans have been replaced by Kombat Kidz.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I'm still holding out for it to be Johnny Cage wearing Raiden's hat

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

If Starfire is anything like her cartoon version I'll definitely pick up the dlc just to see her interactions with characters like Atrocitus and all the extremely serious and constipated characters.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

Surprise, all the Teen Titans have been replaced by Kombat Kidz.

I'm ok with this.

Jimmy Hats posted:

I'm still holding out for it to be Johnny Cage wearing Raiden's hat

I'm so loving ok with this I don't even

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

exquisite tea posted:

I find that you can usually open up the AI by just spamming your fastest attack over and over. Eventually something will break in their logic and they'll take a hit trying to do something else besides sit there and block.

...? If I spam light, you can guarantee if it's blocked that you're going to eat a lengthy combo, and as far as my testing goes there is literally no way to stop it? It's actually that black and white, get blocked = eat combo, that's what I'm asking about really? Maybe it's because doctor fate has a target combo that's like 112, so it has a bigger... Frames... More negative on block...? Are these words?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

Yeah but Cyborg's ending! Also wasn't Beast Boy rumored for one of the DLC packs?

guess I have to beat the simulator with Grid now.

Beast Boy was killed in the Injustice comics so the odds are against him.

btw I encourage everyone to do the Atrocitus metaverse before it's gone. I was at level 11 when I started and ended it at 15, was able to beat the lvl 20 Green Lantern after 2 or 3 tries no problem. Atrocitus in general is an easy and powerful character so even being underleveled like I was shouldn't be a hindrance. I've got 3 or 4 new Epics now for Atrocitus.

• Locked thread