Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Even if you really suck like me, you can sic your AI loadout on bosses and generally do well with some OP gear. I did that last weekend with only a level 15 Wonder Woman and she won on her first attempt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

DLC Inc posted:

guess I have to beat the simulator with Grid now.

Beast Boy was killed in the Injustice comics so the odds are against him.

btw I encourage everyone to do the Atrocitus metaverse before it's gone. I was at level 11 when I started and ended it at 15, was able to beat the lvl 20 Green Lantern after 2 or 3 tries no problem. Atrocitus in general is an easy and powerful character so even being underleveled like I was shouldn't be a hindrance. I've got 3 or 4 new Epics now for Atrocitus.

Haven't half the current playable cast of Injustice 2 been killed in the comics

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6mgM-u68wE

may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

WOW what a grate sports paly by the 49rs (better than seahawks)

DLC Inc posted:

btw I encourage everyone to do the Atrocitus metaverse before it's gone. I was at level 11 when I started and ended it at 15, was able to beat the lvl 20 Green Lantern after 2 or 3 tries no problem. Atrocitus in general is an easy and powerful character so even being underleveled like I was shouldn't be a hindrance. I've got 3 or 4 new Epics now for Atrocitus.
To be honest I have more trouble against the AI with Atrocitus than I do against actual people. Normally the AI reading inputs is super whatever, you just play around it, but I feel like Atrocitus's good neutral game tools like f2 and b2 are slow enough that it's tough to get around the AI just waiting for you to do something and then pushing a faster button.

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo

!Klams posted:

...? If I spam light, you can guarantee if it's blocked that you're going to eat a lengthy combo, and as far as my testing goes there is literally no way to stop it? It's actually that black and white, get blocked = eat combo, that's what I'm asking about really? Maybe it's because doctor fate has a target combo that's like 112, so it has a bigger... Frames... More negative on block...? Are these words?

Open up the move list and take a look at that move's block advantage. If, hypothetically, it were -10 then your opponent could punish it with any attack that's 10 frames or faster (unless the attack they blocked pushed them too far away to hit you with those fast attacks). If it's unsafe then you definitely don't want to throw it out randomly without good reason, you could instead cancel to a special that's safer.

I'm not super familiar with Fate and I try to never play the AI, but I'd think that using projectiles would be the way to go. In particular, meterburning the slow orb makes it really difficult for your opponent to get to you. If your opponent does get's close Fate has some kinda magic shoulder-check thing that comes out pretty fast and has good range, if you cancel it to the ahnk special it does decent damage and pushes away if they block, giving you space to throw more projectiles.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Haven't half the current playable cast of Injustice 2 been killed in the comics

Only Joker and John Stewart, I think.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

may contain peanuts posted:

To be honest I have more trouble against the AI with Atrocitus than I do against actual people. Normally the AI reading inputs is super whatever, you just play around it, but I feel like Atrocitus's good neutral game tools like f2 and b2 are slow enough that it's tough to get around the AI just waiting for you to do something and then pushing a faster button.

spitting vomit on people can interrupt a LOT of actions in the game if they want to rush you and you can follow that up with whatever you want

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cythereal posted:

Only Joker and John Stewart, I think.

Yeah, none of the regular cast died. It's a different Green Arrow and Joker isn't even real.

DLC Inc posted:

spitting vomit on people can interrupt a LOT of actions

This is also just a good every day tip.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I just got the first bar taunt where Atrocitus pets his kitty and I'm maining him forever now

E: also the gear that makes his punchfest trigger transitions is my favorite thing. He's just a hoot all around

Scuba Trooper fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Jun 7, 2017

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Has NRS said anything about more future character customization options in the way of victory screens, super moves, etc.?

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

hup posted:

I just got the first bar taunt where Atrocitus pets his kitty and I'm maining him forever now

E: also the gear that makes his punchfest trigger transitions is my favorite thing. He's just a hoot all around

i no longer call him Atrocitus, his official title is now "Dexx-Starr's Hype Man"

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

exquisite tea posted:

Has NRS said anything about more future character customization options in the way of victory screens, super moves, etc.?

I would just like Hal Jordan's shaders to change his lantern corp emblem

Also Red Lantern Guy Gardner premier skin for Dexx-Starr's hype man tia.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Atrocitus goes to vomit red on Scarecrow who counters with a green vomit-based offense of his own.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

was that the ending?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Saint Freak posted:

Atrocitus goes to vomit red on Scarecrow who counters with a green vomit-based offense of his own.

:barf:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Perhaps in time we can have the entire Vomit Spectrum added.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Star Sapphire vomits Love on her opponents.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Carebearz posted:

I would just like Hal Jordan's shaders to change his lantern corp emblem

Also Red Lantern Guy Gardner premier skin for Dexx-Starr's hype man tia.

You get the different corp emblems as chest gear.

Kurtofan posted:

was that the ending?

Just his intros with the rest of the cast.

EDIT:

and of course there's a mirror available already

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkiGosnUpxw

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

majority if not all of those interactions are extremely non-specific. sounds like they just recycled a lot of generic responses that could be deployed at any character. I didn't hear a single character mention Jason's name but that's to be expected from DLC characters post-launch. still, I expected at least a little more effort for their DLC cast.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Someone at NRS is really happy that they finally worked in a "hero needed/hero deserved" exchange.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

and of course there's a mirror available already

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkiGosnUpxw

Ah HAH, I put my stupid logo in the lower right corner now! NOW I AM THE YOUTUBE KING!

Edit: looks like the original you posted may have been taken down, so hey, timely.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

exquisite tea posted:

I find that you can usually open up the AI by just spamming your fastest attack over and over. Eventually something will break in their logic and they'll take a hit trying to do something else besides sit there and block.

The AI deals poorly with characters with rapid attacks or characters with reach in melee. When you have both you can go on a rampage.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

DLC Inc posted:

majority if not all of those interactions are extremely non-specific. sounds like they just recycled a lot of generic responses that could be deployed at any character. I didn't hear a single character mention Jason's name but that's to be expected from DLC characters post-launch. still, I expected at least a little more effort for their DLC cast.

It seems like the voice actors' strike really hurt this game in particular. It's not just the DLC characters; there's a lot of recycling going on in the out-of-the-box cast's lines as well, particularly vs. Darkseid.

BinaryDoubts
Jun 6, 2013

Looking at it now, it really is disgusting. The flesh is transparent. From the start, I had no idea if it would even make a clapping sound. So I diligently reproduced everything about human hands, the bones, joints, and muscles, and then made them slap each other pretty hard.
It's a little surprising they don't have many (if any?) lines directly responding to Red Hood. Most of the DLC plans were probably set while they were working on the game. Guess they didn't have his line done while they still had the rest of the cast in the studio.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Wanderer posted:

It seems like the voice actors' strike really hurt this game in particular. It's not just the DLC characters; there's a lot of recycling going on in the out-of-the-box cast's lines as well, particularly vs. Darkseid.

I wasn't aware of the strike, that's interesting. As a primarily Darkseid player, I think Wonder Woman is the sole character with original dialogue for him.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/InjusticeGame/status/872545043155779584

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I feel like they kind of missed an opportunity to really get weird with Joker's anachronistic status. I'm not sure whether it would be amusing or annoying for him to have a heavier presence in the story with a deliberate lack of explanation. Him being a mystery with no solution may have been interesting.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Red Hood available on the 13th for season pass/ultimate pack owners; comes out following week to purchase for everyone else

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

DLC Inc posted:

Red Hood available on the 13th for season pass/ultimate pack owners; comes out following week to purchase for everyone else

is the ultimate pack the only way to get everything

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

No, just that you get the shaders and 3 premieres right away instead of as the packs come out.

It's also probably cheaper.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Did the season pass for Injustice 1 ever go on sale? Was thinking of picking up the game with GCU but no where near me still has the Ultimate Edition in stock.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Did the season pass for Injustice 1 ever go on sale? Was thinking of picking up the game with GCU but no where near me still has the Ultimate Edition in stock.

The ultimate edition is on sale on the digital store all the time

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/noobde/status/872552468487581698

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Not me.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Definitely not me. Reverse Flash forever!

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
He has to compete with Supergirl and Black Canary... that's not happening.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I'm 12, so yes.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

This Red Hood guy seems like he's trying too hard to be edgy. He wouldn't even be my preferred gun character

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I just want to see Sub Zero

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

This Red Hood guy seems like he's trying too hard to be edgy. He wouldn't even be my preferred gun character

He's Robin with a gun. He is 80's grittiness personified. He is Jason fuckin Todd and he learned from Batman but he also shoots dudes in the face!! What a badass!!!!

• Locked thread