Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Petr posted:

Someone is going to have to explain to me in more detail why that statement means pisstapes are real because I'm not seeing it. We already knew that one reason Comey personally briefed the president was that the allegations in the report were personally embarrassing. That doesn't make them real.

it's a meme, goons are bad at humor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I don't think the specifics of Comey not naming Trump in the wider Russian investigation will matter that much; the media will latch onto the easier-to-yell story of Trump trying to spike the Flynn investigation and the public isn't going to split hairs between the investigations. (nor should they; it's all connected and he should go down for every bit of it.)

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."

BootStrap posted:

I have spent the last few decades perfecting the art of drinking good wine on the cheap.

Maybe I will start a thread.

Going to second, needing this in the coming days.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

And that's both!

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Nosre posted:

Gonna get buried under ME War Mark III, but blue states are escalating 'gently caress Trump':

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jun/07/china-and-california-sign-deal-to-work-on-climate-change-without-trump

Nonbinding, but still.

lol world leaders are quite hip now to the fact that nothing Trump says carries any weight.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

JohnCompany posted:

Because people who are informed about false embarassing charges about themselves don't tend to independently raise those allegations and dispute them without having been asked specifically months later. The March 30 phone call, when Trump says he wasn't involved with Russian hookers specifically and without prompting, is really out of place otherwise.

This was just before the media was about to report on the dossier. Of course Trump was gonna Trump about it.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Serious question: how are we even somewhat certain that this conference won't be a nothing burger? Won't just be Comey going "I can't comment on that" or "it's classified."

EndTimesProfit
Jul 1, 2004

Don't worry son, it's just the Smilin' Mighty Jesus!

Tormented posted:

Going to second, needing this in the coming days.

I'll try to work on it this weekend.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Covok posted:

Serious question: how are we even somewhat certain that this conference won't be a nothing burger? Won't just be Comey going "I can't comment on that" or "it's classified."

Because we already know what he's going to say thanks to the prepared remarks and it does in fact include some juicy stuff.

He could answer every question after those remarks by quoting a line from Baby Got Back and it'd still be pretty juicy.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Seriously tempted to get this. Wish it was on prime.
https://teespring.com/shop/release-the-piss-tape#pid=369&cid=6513&sid=front

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Covok posted:

It'll be a "nothingburger" in that the statement is released already right now and so if you read it now you already have spoilers.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

Feinne posted:

Because we already know what he's going to say thanks to the prepared remarks and it does in fact include some juicy stuff.

He could answer every question after those remarks by quoting a line from Baby Got Back and it'd still be pretty juicy.

I didn't see anything in that statement I hadn't read in the Washington Post.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Petr posted:

Do you not see any difference between sworn testimony of a former FBI director with personal knowledge, and third hand leaks reported to the press, even if they "say the same thing?"

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Petr posted:

Direct confirmation from the mouth of Comey is a pretty big deal, anything else is just hearsay

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=iron+on+letters - iron on letters
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=black+shirt&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Ablack+shirt - black t-shirts

There is nothing about that teespring shirt that cannot be replicated in your house with an iron and the same, if not less, money.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Petr posted:

yes but wapo only provides evidence for the court of public opinion, not the court of the loving court and that's why confirming all of these news stories matters

holy poo poo

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

ThePeavstenator posted:

me? i never doubted the piss tape

I've always said it was too specific to be fake. There's so many little details that would make it a more effective piece of fake news if it were contrived.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Crows Turn Off posted:

LOL, that prepared statement, Comey isn't going to take Trump down. I'm sure the Mueller investigation will produce similar results.

Just 3.5 more years of getting so close to taking down Trump only to be disappointed, and 3.5 more years of Democrats just barely losing elections.

Yeah, basically. It's gonna be 3 and a half years of edging.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

skylined! posted:

yes but wapo only provides evidence for the court of public opinion, not the court of the loving court and that's why confirming all of these news stories matters

holy poo poo

Petr's just quoting McCain tomorrow.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

titanium posted:

Once the piss tapes are released t_d will all instantly become watersport enthusiasts.

become?

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
my only hope is that when they release the pee tape that the identity of those poor women is hidden

not joking. can you loving imagine being implicated in something so dumb on such a scale, your name forever emblazoned in every historical document from the dumbest era in human history as one of the women who peed on a bed for money from a man who would become the president.

ugh.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

That white text on yellow option is classy.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I mean it was in Russia and they were sex workers.

Assuming Putin doesnt have them killed they can probably up their rates.

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

nah i'd want my name in the history books. MY PISS BROUGHT DOWN A BURLAP SACK OF COTTAGE CHEESE NAMED DOLAN JIUJITSU TRAMP

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Deified Data posted:

I've always said it was too specific to be fake. There's so many little details that would make it a more effective piece of fake news if it were contrived.

we disciples of the piss tape, must keep the faith

Our intel, who art for real, hallowed be thy contents. Thy piss video evidence come, thy consequences come, in public opinion as in court. Give us this day our daily tweet, and forgive us our past doubts, as we forgive those who doubt as well. And lead us not into nihilism, but deliver us from not believing the piss tape is loving real, amen.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Feinne posted:

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

It'll be a "nothingburger" in that the statement is released already right now and so if you read it now you already have spoilers.

The Glumslinger posted:

CNN on the other hand isn't pulling any punches

Ah, so, straight up, Trump committed obstruction of justice.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Kinda hard to hide when you peed on your dad and aren't a baby or toddler.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Hellblazer187 posted:

Do you not see any difference between sworn testimony of a former FBI director with personal knowledge, and third hand leaks reported to the press, even if they "say the same thing?"

Exactly.

Penitent
Jul 8, 2005

The Lemonade Man Can

skylined! posted:

holy poo poo

No matter what happens, I will always remember 2017 for this analytical distinction between the court of public opinion and the court of the loving court.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

skylined! posted:

my only hope is that when they release the pee tape that the identity of those poor women is hidden

not joking. can you loving imagine being implicated in something so dumb on such a scale, your name forever emblazoned in every historical document from the dumbest era in human history as one of the women who peed on a bed for money from a man who would become the president.

ugh.

This is exactly why Donald Trump is so focused on finding the real leakers

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

Hellblazer187 posted:

Of course there should be a difference in terms of legal actionability, but A. he's talking to republicans, so public opinion is still the only thing that matters, and B. there's nothing new in terms of content, so there's no way to get to "pisstapes are real."

There's A1 sauce on the bun but still no burger.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

skylined! posted:

ugh.

What makes you think those women weren't killed by the Russians?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Spacebump posted:

What makes you think those women weren't killed by the Russians?

They might want them to give Trump an encore if he's a good boy?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Petr posted:

Of course there should be a difference in terms of legal actionability, but A. he's talking to republicans, so public opinion is still the only thing that matters, and B. there's nothing new in terms of content, so there's no way to get to "pisstapes are real."

Democrats get to ask questions too.

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos

skylined! posted:

ugh.

If Russia actually does have the pee tape, the chances are they've already been found floating dead in a river. Either that or they were Russian agents and have been given the Order of Zombie Lenin to keep them quiet. If Putin's quite happy to kill off wealthy and influential dissidents in foreign countries, I doubt he would lose any sleep over a couple of prostitutes.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

If the piss tape ever does surface, and it is instrumental in the downfall of the president, I really look forward to how it will be covered in the history books, specifically the school books.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
lest we forget other good news:
https://twitter.com/Phil_Mattingly/status/872535697755951108
:pray:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Petr posted:

I mean, what the gently caress do you want?

Initiating impeachment becomes possible if the Democrats take over the House, and/or Trump drives the GOP's overall approval so far into the shitter that it threatens the congressional Republicans' own re-election chances. Neither is certain, but both look more likely every day as Trump continues to try to do a Watergate speedrun.

An ongoing avalanche of scandals dramatically increases the odds of the Republicans in general and Trump in particular being hosed in the 2018 and 2020 elections.

You aren't going to get an instant gratification moment out of this. Watergate took a couple years to play out, and that was with a Democratic congress already in place.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Deified Data posted:

if i could i'd get a X Files "I WANT TO BELIEVE" with a VHS tape labeled "PEE TAPE" instead of a UFO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos

remusclaw posted:

If the piss tape ever does surface, and it is instrumental in the downfall of the president, I really look forward to how it will be covered in the history books, specifically the school books.

Just say Trump was impeached for bedwetting.

• Locked thread