Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
'Scuse me guys I need to be anywhere else.
https://twitter.com/scottwongDC/status/872552464452595714

e:

eviltastic fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jun 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

theflyingorc posted:

The vast majority of Republicans found insane reasons to twist themselves to not believe that he actually committed sexual assault.

Fair but why would their willingness to look away from sexual assault not extend to getting peed on by hookers?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Everyone in New York and outside of New York knows exactly what he means by that.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

https://twitter.com/MaxineWaters/status/872541108114513920

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

:vince:

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Anyone who thinks Trump will be impeached, please post a list of the 20+ Republican Senators that you think will convict him.

POST YOU'RE MAP

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

The Glumslinger posted:

Everyone in NY obstructs justice, its just how we do business

Like, even if you believe him, you then have to assume that Trump and his staff are all such morons that they don't even know its a crime

But whats the old saying "ignorance is no excuse"

to be fair ny state politics are pretty loving corrupt so in a certain sense that is true

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

mcmagic posted:

Fair but why would their willingness to look away from sexual assault not extend to getting peed on by hookers?

getting peed on is v. unmanly

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions

ice cream snakes posted:

Comey bringing up that there is a difference between counter-intelligence and criminal investigations felt to me like he was implying that Trump actually is the subject of a criminal investigation, otherwise why make the distinction? I know usually that he would give the "I can't comment on an ongoing investigation" answer, but since he's now a private citizen does that free him up to discuss it?

Yeah, that's what I was getting at. He's not saying there are no investigations involving Trump, period, just not a counter-intelligence investigation, and only as of that time.

As far as whether he can discuss it now, I have no idea. I would assume that he would not even if he could, though, because if there are other investigations he wouldn't want to jeopardize them.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

mcmagic posted:

They pee on the bed and not on Trump.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Christie's going to look incredibly stupid after tomorrow. "Normal New York City conversation"? Really? As opposed to what? Normal Boston conversation? Normal San Francisco conversation? Normal Chicago conversation?

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Reik posted:

Imagine the conversations that must go on in a normal New York City locker room?

Corruption and light treason perhaps?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Anyone who thinks Trump will be impeached, please post a list of the 20+ Republican Senators that you think will convict him.

I think we're all on the same page that they'll have to realize they're absolutely going to lose their seats if they don't, and it's too early to tell that yet. I doubt there will be any chance of it until more like 6 months before midterm elections :shrug:

e:

Dudes like this guy and Chaffetz quitting are a strong sign though.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account

evilweasel posted:

getting peed on is v. unmanly
I thought it was a show and they just peed on each other

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

All the cool kids do it, mom!

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I legitimately believe he didn't know he was asking for anything wrong, but that's also the loving problem.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

mcmagic posted:

The latter is deviant "beta" behavior, which doesn't fit with Trump's reputation as an alpha male. Remember that it's a Cult of Personality thing at this point. They don't care about policy or even immoral behavior as long as it fits their constructed identity of who Trump is. This would actually challenge that.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

If the Democrats take the House in 2018, it's definitely possible Trump will be impeached. That doesn't mean he'll be removed from office. But he could well face an impeachment trial.

I'm absolutely not going to bet that he'll be removed from office, though. I think he'd have to be way, way, way worse for Republican polls than he is now for that to happen.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Trump won't be impeached. Anyone who honestly believes this is crazy. The only way he'll get impeached at this point is if him being president is
A. Actively hurting the republican party and they need to throw him overboard to save themselves. It's likely never going to get that bad.
B. Actively hurting the economy and big business. He'll just have to go at that point. The republican paymasters won't allow it. It's what happened to Nixon.

That being said, Trump is speed running the Nixon presidency in terms of playing it fast and loose with the law. Democrats would be dumb to bring up Impeachment though. It's a political process, not a judicial one. Winning 2020 should be their objective, not throwing him out.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Elotana posted:

I thought it was a show and they just peed on each other

only one way to find out!

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

tek79 posted:

I just came to lurk a bit, and see a few pages of pee tape chat. Is that this thread just having a good time, or was something released that would strongly indicate that the tape is real?

Trump assured Comey that totally nothing happened with any Russian hookers, leading everyone to believe it totally did.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Night10194 posted:

I legitimately believe he didn't know he was asking for anything wrong, but that's also the loving problem.

I don't, that's why he asked everyone else to leave the room.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Harrow posted:

If the Democrats take the House in 2018, it's definitely possible Trump will be impeached. That doesn't mean he'll be removed from office. But he could well face an impeachment trial.

I'm absolutely not going to bet that he'll be removed from office, though. I think he'd have to be way, way, way worse for Republican polls than he is now for that to happen.

At this point, I'm comfortable saying that if the Dems win the house in 2018, then the odds Trump is impeached rounds up to 100%. It'd be like 99.7% certain. I do not know if there would be 2/3 in the Senate to remove.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Trump won't be impeached. Anyone who honestly believes this is crazy. The only way he'll get impeached at this point is if him being president is
A. Actively hurting the republican party and they need to throw him overboard to save themselves. It's likely never going to get that bad.
B. Actively hurting the economy and big business. He'll just have to go at that point. The republican paymasters won't allow it. It's what happened to Nixon.

That being said, Trump is speed running the Nixon presidency in terms of playing it fast and loose with the law. Democrats would be dumb to bring up Impeachment though. It's a political process, not a judicial one. Winning 2020 should be their objective, not throwing him out.

Reminder that impeachment needs only a majority in the house. Clinton was also impeached.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Christie will literally not say a bad thing about Trump lmao

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I think it's more likely Rs are watching their poll numbers and would go for impeachment before being voted out (if it goes that way) rather than wait until they actually lose their majority, they'd be just as happy with Pence as with Trump.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Rigel posted:

Reminder that impeachment needs only a majority in the house. Clinton was also impeached.

You know drat well when people here say impeached they mean removed from office.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

actionjackson posted:

He literally just said "this is what you voted for."

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Flesh Forge posted:

I think it's more likely Rs are watching their poll numbers and would go for impeachment before being voted out (if it goes that way) rather than wait until they actually lose their majority, they'd be just as happy with Pence as with Trump.

There's no scenario where a Trump impeachment conviction saves 20+ Republican Senate seats.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Nelson Mandingo posted:

The only real window would be If polls keep slipping consistently on his approve/disapprove without a clear floor and state polling shows strong for dems, R's might have to cut their losses early if the evidence is also damning. It'd have to be done quickly enough such that there's time to recover trust for 2018 races. So that's a lot of qualification.*

If D's retake in 2018, even impeachment would do a lot to tarnish Trump. Think of Clinton on the stand and how much his word twisting is still brought up. With this being Trump and in his first term, it'd be far different than any faux pas during the 16 election.

e: *R's will also need to wait with the investigations to see how much Pence is implicated in the nonsense.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

mango sentinel posted:

You know drat well when people here say impeached they mean removed from office.

I know that, and I will continue to correct them because they are wrong. I myself specifically say removed from office when thats what I mean, and I will not go along with "impeachment = 2/3 senate".

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Trump won't be impeached. Anyone who honestly believes this is crazy.

Remember back before November when it was still possible to effectively argue that crazy unthinkable things wouldn't happen?

Those were the good old days.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

there's an insurrection in brownbekistan, tax-raising terrorists have seized the legislature: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.9136da7853d0

is this the beginning of a red spring :ohdear:

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

mcmagic posted:

I grew up in Evangelical circles and...publicized proof of being with prostitutes would be a problem for them. It wouldn't get all of them like it should, but it would be a huge issue.

I don't know if it would get him impeached, but it would destroy any chance at winning in 2020.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Rigel posted:

I know that, and I will continue to correct them because they are wrong. I myself specifically say removed from office when thats what I mean, and I will not go along with "impeachment = 2/3 senate".

wow thank you for your service, needlessly pedantic man

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

1) john boozman looks like a dirty boy
2) joe manchin's got that sexy underbite
3) bob corker? more like bob-pork-er, am i right lads? *makes oinking noises while jerking off invisible dick*
4) thom tillis's unnecessary h gives him his power
5) ben sasse
6) bill cassidy looks like a broken animatronic
7) rand paul *sitcom laughtrack*
8) joni ernst's hair, the secret 101st senator
9) jeff flake, who will reveal himself to have been a democrat the wholetime
10) bernie sanders
11) richard blumenthal, or as i like to call him, 'blew-them-all'
12) roy blunt
13) roy blunt, but he has a cartoon mustache on and talks in a swedish accent
14) jim inhofe
15) pat toomey
16) roy blunt a third time, but he's in a dress
17) ohio
18) pennsylvania
19) florida
20) iowa

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

I don't know, how much poo poo do you think the GOP can take before Trump pisses off all of Congress, R or D? Like they won't touch him for any criminal activity, but Pence can rubber stamp just as good as Donnie and he doesn't gently caress up half as much.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

50+% of white women voted for Donnie

Also I love the NJ Fatass is such a Donnie cocksucker that he's probably pissing off the new regressive candidate for his job right now.

BTW question about the NJ primary, was there any interesting movement among the Dems to move left? Like yeah both sides got their expected winner, but did the losers for the Dem primary lose by smaller margins than expected?

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

Flesh Forge posted:

Yeah but their numbers among their base are holding somewhat steady (Trump is still at 80% approval among the base). Most Republican politicians are far more afraid of their base than they are of Democrats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

actionjackson posted:

I would be asking him about Kushner if I were them tbh.

• Locked thread