Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable
First it's the BattleTech thread and now this. What's with beta periods that make the weird people crawl out of the woodwork? :yikes:

e: lol page snipe. Maybe we should take the opportunity not to derail the topic any more. So how about the beta access guys?

I would like to participate in the beta but I don't really want to burn out before it's actually out. I wonder how the bandit quests will be revamped.

Pooncha fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jun 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Pooncha posted:

First it's the BattleTech thread and now this. What's with beta periods that make the weird people crawl out of the woodwork? :yikes:

e: lol page snipe. I would like to participate in the beta but I don't really want to burn out before it's actually out. I wonder how the bandit quests will be revamped.

I'm going to try really hard to not touch the beta, for the same reason. If there is enough hype though I might not be able to resist :negative:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I was planning on picking up one of the new supporter packs, and that will come with a beta key, so I guess I'm playing the beta.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
I'm gonna play it for like a week then get bored or frustrated and stop until it comes out. Hope there's some build guides cause I'd rather test the play through instead of figuring out what kind of build I need to make it through act 5 6 and 7.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I'm well over the $500/lifetime mark at this point and I'm going to get a supporter pack so I'll have to try my hardest not to do the beta, at least until they add Act 8 later on and the delay between wipes will be probably longer.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

I'm definitely not playing the beta; I barely got my second character high enough for their build to start working (1st was WI CWC witch, 2nd is now chieftain lots o life RF) and I want to let that sit for a while.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

panda clue posted:

I'm going to try really hard to not touch the beta, for the same reason. If there is enough hype though I might not be able to resist :negative:

what else are you going to do until stormblood comes out. :/

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Holyshoot posted:

what else are you going to do until stormblood comes out. :/

Getting every DoH to 50+ from 0 :shepface:

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

whypick1 posted:

I was planning on picking up one of the new supporter packs, and that will come with a beta key, so I guess I'm playing the beta.

Same here. I was actually planning on getting one one of the Legacy packs, but they didn't really appeal to me. So unless the new packs are utter arse I guess I'm in the beta as well!

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I saved up some money to buy a moderately-sized supporter package, but I won't be playing the beta much aside from planning builds

panda clue
May 23, 2014

please knock Mom! posted:

I saved up some money to buy a moderately-sized supporter package, but I won't be playing the beta much aside from planning builds

I gave kaceytron all my money I had planned for supporter packs so I'm SOL this time around.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
I burnt out on Legacy getting the portal, so I'm avoiding the beta like the plague to give myself a break. I'll see the new stuff when 3.0 actually lands with whatever challenge league they add :)

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

I agree with Young Sexual Norton.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
This thread gets weird when there's no new content

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Magus42 posted:

I burnt out on Legacy getting the portal, so I'm avoiding the beta like the plague to give myself a break. I'll see the new stuff when 3.0 actually lands with whatever challenge league they add :)

same

also I started doing snowflake builds for races (did you know caustic arrow is a bad skill for basically everything? well I know now)

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
New supporter packs and new trailer.

https://www.pathofexile.com/purchase

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1907112

Not a huge fan of the Beast set, I do like the others though. Not sure which pack I will grab this time around, not much MTX I really want right now but I am 100% out of points for when anything new releases.

https://web.poecdn.com/downloads/PathOfExileBetaInstaller.exe

Link is down but should be correct for the beta installer if you don't want to use Steam.

Cinara fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jun 7, 2017

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
lol most of those armors are terrible but i will never take the safari suit off

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Soothing Vapors posted:

excuse you, the far left armor and the center one are amazing! I'm going top tier again, fml.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Holyshoot posted:

excuse you, the far left armor and the center one are amazing! I'm going top tier again, fml.

far left is atrocious but you are correct that the eclipse armor is Very Good

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Soothing Vapors posted:

I thought that the far left looked way better in the video. Eclipse is my favorite for sure, but Kitava looks really good in motion and the weapon effect is awesome.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Soothing Vapors posted:

Safari suit?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Eclipse is great but a bit pricey, too bad the 100 bucks one is meh

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Soothing Vapors posted:

This, but the exact opposite. Eclipse looks like a loving Overwatch character.

silvergoose posted:

Safari suit?

Outlaw.

Which seriously needs a whip weapon to go with it like yesterday.

YoungSexualNorton
Aug 8, 2004
These are good for the children's brains.

Hooplah posted:

I agree with Young Sexual Norton.

Thank you. Unless you're doing a troll-style maneuver in which case nutz 2 ya.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

whypick1 posted:

This, but the exact opposite. Eclipse looks like a loving Overwatch character.

Outlaw.

Which seriously needs a whip weapon to go with it like yesterday.

Oh okay. I mean it does look cool, but I barely look at my character when I play so.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I'm probably gonna go with the Eclipse pack, eventually.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

You people are crazy with your expensive packs. I just bought the cheapest pack I could to get into the beta, because the key is the only part I care about. It is the summer now and I have some time, so I figured 'why not?'. Installing the beta now.

Haven't played in over a year, and don't remember all that much. Any suggestions for a good noob way to start?

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Unable to connect to patching server =(

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Filthy Monkey posted:

You people are crazy with your expensive packs. I just bought the cheapest pack I could to get into the beta, because the key is the only part I care about. It is the summer now and I have some time, so I figured 'why not?'. Installing the beta now.

Haven't played in over a year, and don't remember all that much. Any suggestions for a good noob way to start?

summoner or ice crash slayer or something

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Welp, it says Im in the beta already. Ill be sure and grab a pack,. but I dont know which one. No big fan of the beast or legion, but the eclipse is baller.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Cinara posted:

Unable to connect to patching server =(
Had the same problem. I have it linked to my steam account though, and the beta is under one of the branches. Probably much faster to download that way.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1906924

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Pretty much any spell caster, 2h melee, bunch of totem builds, summoner, basic bow stuff. There's a billion builds that are viable self found to early maps.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
I wonder what people are going to run forever once Merc Dried Lake ceases to exist.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Filthy Monkey posted:

I mean, no one *really* cares about the mtx's that much. It's more like, "I want to support GGG because I love their game and they haven't forced me to pay a penny even though I've sunk 2000 hours into it so what level of patronage am I comfortable with".

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?

Bugsy posted:

Welp, it says Im in the beta already. Ill be sure and grab a pack,. but I dont know which one. No big fan of the beast or legion, but the eclipse is baller.

Going HC or SC? I'm so torn. SC is obviously the smarter choice but HC into unknown content is fun as gently caress.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Something like this maybe workable for a newb in the beta?
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1647240

I've played a couple characters in previous leagues. Had a tornado shot ranger following neversink's guide a couple years back. Last year I had a mahori erqi earchquake dude who I did some labyrinths with. Just not sure how things have changed.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

So are we doing spoilers for content?

Cool in-engine cut scene into the character screen

Pressing M crashes some / all clients.

regulargonzalez fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Jun 7, 2017

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Filthy Monkey posted:

Something like this maybe workable for a newb in the beta?
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1647240

I've played a couple characters in previous leagues. Had a tornado shot ranger following neversink's guide a couple years back. Last year I had a mahori erqi earchquake dude who I did some labyrinths with. Just not sure how things have changed.

That one should be fine. Some of the big changes in 3.0.0 are ES getting nerfed and Ignite/Poison getting reworked to get rid of double-dipping. That build does use fire damage, but it's not getting all its DPS from ignites.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

regulargonzalez posted:

I mean, no one *really* cares about the mtx's that much. It's more like, "I want to support GGG because I love their game and they haven't forced me to pay a penny even though I've sunk 2000 hours into it so what level of patronage am I comfortable with".

Pretty much. I toss 20ish bucks a month on average at GGG because their game is really good and so is their business model. I don't have to, but I like to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Set up a guild for beta since regular guild didn't carry over. Msg me ingame rgz_MrJackpots

• Locked thread