Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Mustang posted:

Despite the fact that going to Yakima always sucks, it can be pretty scenic

Fortunately the Army loves sending me out there so I'll be out there again in less than a week....

God drat that is scenic as gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Hey I heard y'all like landscape pics :v:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I seriously always forget how loving huge the Columbia is until I see it in person again. I really need to go see the other half of this state, I've only been here for 24 years :v:

And The Rat, I'm jealous as gently caress dude that you get to just see all this awesome scenery and get out into the wild like that. And the guns, I'm jealous of all your gats.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Yakima is beautiful in a lot of ways, but here's what I don't loving miss about it:

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Housechat: Sacramento is not great. $800 min for a studio in the city proper, unless you're willing to live in the hood.

I actually have enough warbucks and inheritance saved up to put down a deposit on a house, but A) I want to figure out a longer term path, career-wise before I commit to an area, and B) I don't want to commit to Sac because a lot of the city is only a few feet above sea level, and I think people in the low lying areas are gonna get hosed by global warming.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Dead Reckoning posted:

Housechat: Sacramento is not great. $800 min for a studio in the city proper, unless you're willing to live in the hood.

I actually have enough warbucks and inheritance saved up to put down a deposit on a house, but A) I want to figure out a longer term path, career-wise before I commit to an area, and B) I don't want to commit to Sac because a lot of the city is only a few feet above sea level, and I think people in the low lying areas are gonna get hosed by global warming.

Sac always felt depressing and the weather is too hot. Not some place I would want to settle down.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I have a long, drawn out pothead idea of buying land in Wyoming and leaving it for my brother's kids to fight over. I'm plenty comfortable where I am now, and sea level rise isn't a problem in the mountain states, but 30-50 years from now, who the gently caress knows how hot it will get. Everything south of me is a literal desert. Wyoming just seems like a good temperate spot his kids could always move to if poo poo got stupid.

Then I remember I'm stoned and his kids will probably be assholes and sell it the moment they get a chance, because that's what he'd do. So I'm just going to build wherever I want and they can fight over who gets the shack that smells a corpse hosed a weed field.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

Mike-o posted:

Yakima is beautiful in a lot of ways, but here's what I don't loving miss about it:

I think it's most beautiful in the winter and during the Spring, though yeah you freeze your balls off the whole time you're out there.

The thermals with the RWS and LRAS3 make it easy to spot wildlife too, pretty sure we spotted a pack of wolves on one of the northern ridgelines because they looked way too big to be coyotes

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Mike-o posted:

I seriously always forget how loving huge the Columbia is until I see it in person again. I really need to go see the other half of this state, I've only been here for 24 years :v:

And The Rat, I'm jealous as gently caress dude that you get to just see all this awesome scenery and get out into the wild like that. And the guns, I'm jealous of all your gats.

There's always a price to pay man. You have a girlfriend and a life and all that. I got guns and chickens and when work allows, road trips and sleeping in my car. Working on getting more socially apt, but it's not easy when you're a goon :v:

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

The Rat posted:

There's always a price to pay man. You have a girlfriend and a life and all that. I got guns and chickens and when work allows, road trips and sleeping in my car. Working on getting more socially apt, but it's not easy when you're a goon :v:

Don't worry, Christian Wolfe, one day your Anna Kendrick will come.

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

No way dude, she looks like Gargamel.

Awesome pictures, this poo poo gets me pumped up to do more exploring.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.
I've been talking with lawyers all week about suing Comcast for repeatedly trying to gently caress up my credit over an account they know (and admitted they know) doesn't belong to me. So far I've narrowed my choices down to two attorneys, but I've got a meeting a third tomorrow to hear him out. I saved all the documentation over the past couple years so they said my case is really strong and one of the attorneys is willing to take it on contingency because he said it seemed like a slam dunk. The main difference that has me debating is that the contingency attorney wants to go after them just under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and the other wants about $1,000 to use the Fair Credit Reporting Act to sue Comcast and the credit bureaus. I don't think I have a case against the credit bureaus, but he said that he likes to file against them anyway because they tend to settle quickly and turn over everything against the primary defendant. Both attorneys seemed professional and well-versed in these matters. I'll see what the third guy has to say then make my decision on Monday.

I also just heard back from my Voc Rehab counselor. Looks like my plan to go to gun school is all set and approved. I'll have to hop over to the gun thread soon to get some input on which gun parts I should buy since I will need to piece them all together myself.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I cleaned out my stack of papers and bills yesterday and was wondering why I get paper statements since it is a hassle and I don't have a great filing system.

Your post reminded me why I get paper statements.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.

TBeats posted:

I cleaned out my stack of papers and bills yesterday and was wondering why I get paper statements since it is a hassle and I don't have a great filing system.

Your post reminded me why I get paper statements.

I'll tell you what has really helped me is scanning in important documents into the computer. I keep them in an encrypted partition and give them descriptive names. It is so much easier to do a file search for something than it is for me to dig through folders or stacks of paperwork to try to find something from years ago. My wife is real big on keeping paper files, but I can't find things half the time there even if I know that we saved it.

At some point I want to get a better document scanner and try to go almost completely paperless.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Clean bill of health fuckersssss

bengy81
May 8, 2010

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

I have a long, drawn out pothead idea of buying land in Wyoming and leaving it for my brother's kids to fight over. I'm plenty comfortable where I am now, and sea level rise isn't a problem in the mountain states, but 30-50 years from now, who the gently caress knows how hot it will get. Everything south of me is a literal desert. Wyoming just seems like a good temperate spot his kids could always move to if poo poo got stupid.

Then I remember I'm stoned and his kids will probably be assholes and sell it the moment they get a chance, because that's what he'd do. So I'm just going to build wherever I want and they can fight over who gets the shack that smells a corpse hosed a weed field.

So there is a very specific reason why less than half a million people live in Wyoming. Everywhere is loving windy, like everywhere, except for like Jackson sometimes.It doesn't matter where you are in the state, its gonna be windy, and it gets old really quick. I love doing outdoorsy poo poo and visiting, but I don't think there is enough money in the world for me to seriously move there. Maybe the area around Pathfinder would be ok?? but I don't know how one goes about buying a chunk of ranch land.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
one of my favorites

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yeah, Wyoming is a pipe dream. And it gets brutally loving cold there, which isn't much better than Colorado in the winter, but that was one of those, "welp, if I have to leave poo poo for my brother's kids and it's gonna get hot over the next century..." thoughts. I'm comfortably happy in Colorado for now. We'll see what happens.

I use Landwatch's website to look for land. Or ebay. There's plenty of high plains desert for dirt cheap 90 minutes away, but gently caress living out west of the Sangre de Cristos.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
If I moved away from the east coast Colorado would probably be one of my top picks of places to go.

I was considering applying to a grad school out there. I start sending applications at the end of this year.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

TBeats posted:

If I moved away from the east coast Colorado would probably be one of my top picks of places to go.

I was considering applying to a grad school out there. I start sending applications at the end of this year.

I heard there are some CU GIPPERS running around here, who knows maybe one of them is into pegging?!?

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mustang posted:

Despite the fact that going to Yakima always sucks, it can be pretty scenic

Fortunately the Army loves sending me out there so I'll be out there again in less than a week....

Have fun out there! I'll be one of the guys with a camera trying to make you look like murdering assholes, then spending the night in a hotel :discourse:

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

bengy81 posted:

I heard there are some CU GIPPERS running around here, who knows maybe one of them is into pegging?!?

going to school at CU is cool and good, imo

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

DownByTheWooter posted:

going to school at CU is cool and good, imo

There giving me a law degree, which is largely an excuse to get the government to pay for me to learn to snowboard

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Oh, no. Is that... is that Katy Perry? :negative:

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Slim Pickens posted:

Have fun out there! I'll be one of the guys with a camera trying to make you look like murdering assholes, then spending the night in a hotel :discourse:

You'll be one of the few with any sort of camera. They're banning cell phones because during the last few trips out there this year pictures kept popping up on USAWTFM and the command got pissed.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

A Bad Poster posted:

You'll be one of the few with any sort of camera. They're banning cell phones because during the last few trips out there this year pictures kept popping up on USAWTFM and the command got pissed.

Uh that's definitely something unique to your BN, we haven't received any instructions like that.

We just got our "Road to War" brief, this thing is way more than what I was expecting, it's like a mini NTC rotation almost. Apparently there's like an additional 1000 people supporting it not counting the OPFOR I already knew was going to be there. I've never heard of the entirety of YTC being blocked off for a BDE to operate throughout the whole area for training. Impact areas, ranges, everything is open to force on force maneuver training.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Naked Bear posted:

Oh, no. Is that... is that Katy Perry? :negative:

Still 11/10 all day long

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Still 11/10 all day long

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Mustang posted:

Uh that's definitely something unique to your BN, we haven't received any instructions like that.

Wouldn't surprise me! Also from the sounds of things, everyone is coming back, going on the 4 day weekend for the 4th of July, and then they're having everyone work on Saturday and Sunday the following weekend to make up for it.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

I've heard that too but there's no way we need a full 10 days for recovery, I'm not expecting to work through the weekend after July 4th, just like I'm not going to be working this Friday.

Soooo loving glad I'm not in one of my sister companies, their commander is such a loving dick

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Ughhhh I'm getting old.

Took a shot to the head at rugby practice like 3 weeks ago, got my bell rung pretty good. Been on return-to-play protocol to slowly ease me back into contact

Had a full-contact practice on Tuesday and I'm STILL not right. Made one tackle with my shoulder and my brain just said "naw gently caress this poo poo we out"

I think my illustrious rugby career (of 1 year) may be over, I do NOT want concussion syndrome.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

If you took one shot and your brain bailed out, you haven't healed.

I know this from experience. Way too much experience.

Also any head shot after your 5-6th concussion is really really bad for you.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I work in TBI research.

Don't hit your head.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Genocide Tendency posted:

If you took one shot and your brain bailed out, you haven't healed.

I know this from experience. Way too much experience.

Also any head shot after your 5-6th concussion is really really bad for you.

Oh yeah, I hear you. As soon as I felt things start to go a little wonky I immediately stepped out and talked to the athletic trainer. My physio at work did a quick gaze stabilization test on me too, my vertical targeting is allllll sorts of hosed up right now. So yeah.

Lord knows that time I jumped of the back of the MLVW, got my foot caught in a foot hold and smacked my head off the trails of the 105 wasn't this bad. But I was wearing my Kevlar and was like 19.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I had four concussions in three years playing football as a teenager.

Hope this explains some stuff.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
I've had 3 or 4 from doing stupid poo poo and I definitely notice that my brain don't thunk so good no more.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Two. The first was in 6th grade, second was as a teenager.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
ive had a couple from being a
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFvtMp7hRF8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Oh that's nice. I was in one or 2 of those but didn't get knocked in the head.

• Locked thread