Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

He's not so bad in his current run so far, but yeah, traditionally he's been as shallow as the game suggests. Not to say he hasn't had his moments, though.

He's a better Robin than Damian any day of the week, in my humble opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
no way jason is the edgelord here, damian has a literal katana

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Each Robin edgier than the last. Can't wait for the Carrie Kelley remake.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

I don't know or care about anything for the character, but he seems to have a fairly complete moveset. If he has good strings to boot then he is a contender and will be quite good.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Batman: We're not doing this anymore, Joker.

Joker: You're breaking up with me?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

*whispers shamefully*

me

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kurtofan posted:

no way jason is the edgelord here, damian has a literal katana

Jason shoots tweens in the face.

Damien mostly kills adults.

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo
I really don't know why you would play Joker once Red Hood comes out. Joker's one unique selling point was the teeth and Hood's mine is the same thing but better, while also having better ranged options, better mobility, and a low parry to compliment the high parry. Maybe Hood's normals or damage really suck to balance it out, but Joker isn't exactly amazing on either of those fronts so....

Fenn the Fool! fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Jun 7, 2017

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
Jason Todd is so much like Shadow the Hedgehog it loving hurts.

Still better than Damian, somehow.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

What I like about Jason Todd is that Batman trained a murderer. Way to go, Batman.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Aphrodite posted:

Jason shoots tweens in the face.

Damien mostly kills adults.

I'll have you know that Jason only kills adults. And only those that can defend themselves at that.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I am not doing this

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

The ultimate edition is on sale on the digital store all the time

Sorry, should have been clearer. I was thinking of picking up Injustice 2, but none of the local Best Buy's have the physical version of the Ultimate Edition. Did the season pass ever go on sale for Injustice 1 ever go on sale so it would make sense to buy the regular edition to play while waiting for a sale on the Ultimate Upgrade DLC.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Fenn the Fool! posted:

I really don't know why you would play Joker once Red Hood comes out. Joker's one unique selling point was the teeth and Hood's mine is the same thing but better, while also having better ranged options, better mobility, and a low parry to compliment the high parry. Maybe Hood's normals or damage really suck to balance it out, but Joker isn't exactly amazing on either of those fronts so....

Lol at least wait until he's out.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I wish this game had built-in tournaments, they are cool in Tekken 7

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

codenameFANGIO posted:

What I like about Jason Todd is that Batman trained a murderer. Way to go, Batman.

He was so relieved when Damian came to him with already built-in murder powers.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I wish this game had built-in tournaments, they are cool in Tekken 7

Yeah, as someone who doesn't really give a poo poo about the dumb gear poo poo I wish there was more for me to play than just Ranked match. I don't get why more fighting games don't do seasons with rewards like other competitive games do.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

Surprise, all the Teen Titans have been replaced by Kombat Kidz.

I want this now.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Saint Freak posted:

Each Robin edgier than the last. Can't wait for the Carrie Kelley remake.

thank you for reminding me that as bad as enchantress/raiden is, the DLC characters could always be 100x more horrifying

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The multiverse world, Fuel By Hate, gives Platinum Motherboxes each time you complete it.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Wow, even a passage written to make him look good reads like some militant Christian persecution complex fanfic. Todd was a merely bad character as the edgy 80s Robin, now he's downright ugly

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Jason Todd sucks

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

The only way I'll play red hood is if he gets this costume

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The DLC is just going to be playable characters, right?

None of them really interest me and I think learning the Gotham City Sirens + Atrocitus will take me through the life of this game

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

McSpanky posted:

Wow, even a passage written to make him look good reads like some militant Christian persecution complex fanfic. Todd was a merely bad character as the edgy 80s Robin, now he's downright ugly

Nah, he's pretty good now.

Having a consistent writer over the past six years made wonder for Jason's character.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is There any good star fire comics

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Empress Brosephine posted:

No.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I wish there was more to spend my credits on. If you do a lot of multiverse then you will have more credits then you know what to do with. Right now I am sitting at over 4 million.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The way Guild Multiverses are trending it will probably start costing 50,000 credits for each attempt at a tower

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I'm only playing on medium, but Scarecrow is pretty great. On master tower, I didn't lose a match until loving Brianiac.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sometimes I wish characters in this game had cool comics o well

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Sometimes I wish characters in this game had cool comics o well

I would love to recommend you a good Starfire story but I seriously can't and I apologize. I will be very surprised if someone manages to do it. She will probably be fun to play, though. She flies and her hair leaves a burning trail behind her that is like ... hair fire. And she shoots energy beams.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

codenameFANGIO posted:

I would love to recommend you a good Starfire story but I seriously can't and I apologize. I will be very surprised if someone manages to do it.

She's a non-trivial part of the Wolfman/Perez Teen Titans stories from the 1980s, so she's got that going for her.

She also had a very short-lived solo book within the last couple of years which was really blatantly an attempt to insert "Teen Titans Go" Starfire into the main DC Universe, and I remember thinking the first issue was all right.

Doorselfin
Dec 18, 2004

You broke my sitar, motherfucker.
Are any of the PS4 Goon guilds still active and have room for one more? Was in Goon Squad for a little while before switching to another, but it went dead very quickly.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I joined Dark Empire last week but it seems like I'm like one of two people actually doing the towers, haha.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

Wanderer posted:

She's a non-trivial part of the Wolfman/Perez Teen Titans stories from the 1980s, so she's got that going for her.

She also had a very short-lived solo book within the last couple of years which was really blatantly an attempt to insert "Teen Titans Go" Starfire into the main DC Universe, and I remember thinking the first issue was all right.

If Wanderer is talking about the 2015-16 book where she moves to Florida then I enjoyed it, it's pretty funny with not as much superheroics in it though it does lean on the "alien takes metaphors literally" and "hot alien babe doesn't understand social rules about nudity" tropes at times.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I hope Red Hood gets that armored Batman mask but won't hold my breath

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The DLC is just going to be playable characters, right?

None of them really interest me and I think learning the Gotham City Sirens + Atrocitus will take me through the life of this game

yeah just 9 DLCs, 10 if you counted Darkseid. 2 new stages would be nice but I doubt we'd ever get something like that. I'd like a tag team mode even if it's an imbalanced shitshow.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

exquisite tea posted:

I joined Dark Empire last week but it seems like I'm like one of two people actually doing the towers, haha.

in fairness, the guild metaverse stuff is pretty boring compared to the regular multiverse. It also needs way too many clears per level.

DLC Inc posted:

yeah just 9 DLCs, 10 if you counted Darkseid. 2 new stages would be nice but I doubt we'd ever get something like that. I'd like a tag team mode even if it's an imbalanced shitshow.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did at least 1 more round of characters after the promised 9. I also would not be surprised if those ones are huge fan favorites they didn't want to include in the initial bundles because they knew they'd sell on their own (see Martian Manhunter and Zatanna from IJ1)

Hail Mr. Satan! fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Jun 8, 2017

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
And you can't let the AI fight for you in guild multiverse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
How many times should I be able to get Supergirl's f23 hover1 in a corner?

• Locked thread