Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Stupid well meaning bitch. Should have googled that game she bought for her son on a whim. Hail Breadmund and his epic art style!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Average Bear posted:

Stupid well meaning bitch. Should have googled that game she bought for her son on a whim. Hail Breadmund and his epic art style!

:confused:

Yes, parents absolutely should do some research and take a vested interest in the media their children consume, especially when it's rated "Mature (17+)" right on the front of the package (the review is for the Switch version).

Also, what the gently caress is with calling her a bitch.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Parents don't care about ratings given the sheer amount of children playing GTA, CoD and recently Friday the 13th.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
My parents let me watch Friday the 13th as a kid..AMA

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

I'm attempting the speed! challenge, and I keep going into item rooms only to have the item disappear as soon as I enter. What gives?

EDIT: I can't find ANYTHING about this online. My only guess is that maybe it's some kind of cheeky anti-piracy measure, and I'm somehow triggering it by using Family Sharing?

EDIT2:This devil room had the missing page and brimstone, then they both just faded away.

Ariong fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Jun 8, 2017

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Have they ever said when the booster pack is coming to the Switch. Figured that and the quick restart would been patched in by now.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

UHHH!
I always thought rubber cement for Azazel was worthless. However, if you shoot your laser at a wall and you're a step back, it becomes brimstone.

Just beat Greedier mode because I had that, triple shot and spoon bender.

Still no quick reset for the Switch version, huh?

the popular kids
Dec 27, 2010

Time for some thrilling heroics.
So I still haven't gotten the 31 dailies challenge even though I've literally done almost every daily for the past 2 and a half months. Im probably pretty close but once I finish a daily and it goes to the score screen with everyone else's scores the game crashes and kicks me back to the Switch home screen, which means it must not be recording it as a completion.

Yaaaaaaaay.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

If anyone's interested in watching the Afterbirth+ dailies on the PC edition or perhaps using someone else's progress to "enhance" their own experience with the daily, I'm posting my videos in Let's Play: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3823315

the popular kids
Dec 27, 2010

Playing on the Switch: I have blood laser barrage and monstros lung, so every attack has a slight slowdown. Well I have curse of the tower + every single bomb power up (prize, scatter, tear bombs, etc etc). I got hit and it took over 30 seconds for the switch to process what the gently caress just happened. The screen was straight red death.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

Rirse posted:

Have they ever said when the booster pack is coming to the Switch. Figured that and the quick restart would been patched in by now.

They said something about how it's easier (read: more cost effective) to bundle updates for Switch so I guess wait another 9 months for that and the Lokii patch

the popular kids posted:

So I still haven't gotten the 31 dailies challenge even though I've literally done almost every daily for the past 2 and a half months. Im probably pretty close but once I finish a daily and it goes to the score screen with everyone else's scores the game crashes and kicks me back to the Switch home screen, which means it must not be recording it as a completion.

Yaaaaaaaay.

Hit B after your score is tabulated to go back to the main menu and it'll count. My 31 daily reward actually unlocked while I was doing a daily as I jumped between floors.

mirror123
Jan 17, 2006
rice barrel
I just picked this up on Switch having never played it before. I took a glance at one twitch streamer and every treasure room he went into had 4 options to choose from instead of just the 1. Is there an achievement that unlocks that or is it an item he got on an earlier floor?

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

mirror123 posted:

I just picked this up on Switch having never played it before. I took a glance at one twitch streamer and every treasure room he went into had 4 options to choose from instead of just the 1. Is there an achievement that unlocks that or is it an item he got on an earlier floor?

There's no treasure rooms with 4 items, but there is an unlockable item that forces treasure rooms to always be a choice between two items.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

mirror123 posted:

Sounds like a mod. The only item that does something like that gives you two item options. Either that or he happened to get a lot of library rooms or something.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

mirror123 posted:

Probably a mod. Hutts uses it for polling runs where viewers decide which he takes.

mirror123
Jan 17, 2006
rice barrel

xanthan posted:

Probably a mod. Hutts uses it for polling runs where viewers decide which he takes.

Oh poo poo I think this was it. I guess I was thrown off cause he had "Nintendo Switch" text on his overlay and I thought that's what he was playing on.
Thanks guys.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

LET IT BE KNOWN
I beat Greedier with Lazarus and never died. I ended up as a Bob Leviathan that could not be killed because if the huge amount of coins and hearts that farted out of him all the time.
Also managed to get Holy Mantle for the Lost.
Now I can begin that nightmare.

Good. poo poo.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Rirse posted:

My dude, I have some bad news for you if you own BoI on a console.

You might want to sit down for this.

Shoegazing
Jan 29, 2006

I can't tell if this is a bug or something else is going on, but at some point during a run I traded Teleport for Telepathy for Dummies, but whenever I activate it, I get teleported to a random room instead. Switch version.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Suicidal Maniac posted:

I can't tell if this is a bug or something else is going on, but at some point during a run I traded Teleport for Telepathy for Dummies, but whenever I activate it, I get teleported to a random room instead. Switch version.

Do you have the broken remote trinket?

Shoegazing
Jan 29, 2006

xanthan posted:

Do you have the broken remote trinket?

Arg just noticed I did. I was just really hung up on the fact that my previous item was teleport. Thanks

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?

ChibiSoma posted:

My dude, I have some bad news for you if you own BoI on a console.

You might want to sit down for this.

At least he has afterbirth plus.

I know I should just buy it on steam already but I only need to beat megasatan with the keeper and pick up two items to platinum the game and I can't give that up.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The Switch thread said that the rewards for Greed and Greedier must be obtained separately.

There it is, the reason I just go and kill myself.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
As always, I will recommend not doing things you don't want to do in a videogame

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

IronicDongz posted:

As always, I will recommend not doing things you don't want to do in a videogame

You don't understand.
I MUST.

the popular kids
Dec 27, 2010

Schremp Howard posted:

At least he has afterbirth plus.

I know I should just buy it on steam already but I only need to beat megasatan with the keeper and pick up two items to platinum the game and I can't give that up.

Filling out the cards is so much easier with victory laps.

In other news I still have not picked up a missing poster to unlock Lost. And I have almost every postcard filled out.

raocow
Apr 23, 2007

Keen Dreams

Please give me a chance to be a better person. -Willhart
update just dropped, is there a new booster pack ?

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

raocow posted:

update just dropped, is there a new booster pack ?

Apparently there is; found something new while recording today. A little horseman familiar item in the devil pool, very cute

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

On one hand I like having new items, but on the other hand I've got over 400 hours of playtime and I'm really not enjoying having to tab over to a wiki like I did when I first started playing so I can actually know all the effects a new item might have.

And yes I know the easy answer here is "then just take stuff and stop worrying about it dummy" but in a game like this that rewards prior knowledge with cool combos or interactions, not being sure what a thing might do is really grating to me.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Wrist Watch posted:

On one hand I like having new items, but on the other hand I've got over 400 hours of playtime and I'm really not enjoying having to tab over to a wiki like I did when I first started playing so I can actually know all the effects a new item might have.

And yes I know the easy answer here is "then just take stuff and stop worrying about it dummy" but in a game like this that rewards prior knowledge with cool combos or interactions, not being sure what a thing might do is really grating to me.

The mod External Item Descriptions was updated on this very day, and is extremely useful for that.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

that ivy guy posted:

The mod External Item Descriptions was updated on this very day, and is extremely useful for that.

Well what do ya know, it's a problem that's already been solved! At this point though I'd only need it for the newest items, but I can always turn it off when I don't need it I guess. Thanks!

I didn't even know something like this was possible with the current modding tools. I thought they were super limited, did that change at some point?

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Wrist Watch posted:

I didn't even know something like this was possible with the current modding tools. I thought they were super limited, did that change at some point?

Putting text on the screen and scanning entities in the room is extremely easy; the stuff that people are still lacking iirc is the ability to insert new floor variants/game chapters, character-based unlocks, and other grandiose stuff like that.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

that ivy guy posted:

Putting text on the screen and scanning entities in the room is extremely easy; the stuff that people are still lacking iirc is the ability to insert new floor variants/game chapters, character-based unlocks, and other grandiose stuff like that.

Doesn't antibirth do all that?

Hyphen-ated
Apr 24, 2006
Not to be confused with endash or minus.

dis astranagant posted:

Doesn't antibirth do all that?

they're talking about the AB+ modding api. antibirth doesn't include any of the content that was part of AB and AB+, and also doesn't expose an api for others to use

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I waded into Reddit so you didn't have to:

quote:

• Pop! (formerly Bank Shot) by Ashkait and Scayze! The pair returns with another implemented mod in the form of Pop! A reworking of their Bank Shot (a billiard-based tear effect), this item has Isaac firing eyeballs which bounce off one another, much like pool balls—hence the original effect.

• 7 Seals by Ashkait and Scayze! Sheesh, play favorites much, Nicalis? I kid, love you both (/u/Ashkain is a nerd tbh). This familiar spawns one of the Horsemen, each with their own effects! While they have been reworked to each only spawn a regular blue fly, rather than their own respective flies, the item is still pretty neat.

• Angel Prism (formerly Thought) by Erfly & Electoon! Renamed for some odd reason, this familiar circles Isaac, acting as a prismatic reflection of his tears! On firing into, 4 tears of different colors are created for a beautiful destructive effect. It's pretty neat! Oh, and it synergizes wonderfully with Analog Stick!

• Mr. ME! (formerly Mr. Meeseeks) by Jean-Alphonse! This 4-room charge active item gives you a dutiful little Lost friend, which will do your bidding, so long as you give him your attention. He can open doors, steal you an item, grind enemies down to a pulp, and more. And obviously, the mod is based off of Mr. Meeseeks from Rick & Morty! It's a rad item, go check it out.

A New Trinket!

• Door Stop by Strawrat and CupertinoEffect! This trinket causes the door to remain open on entering a room for the first time!

Misc Changes
New Eden hairstyles by This Guy, and a few other contributors! Look suaver as you crush enemies in the Basement!
The mirror now properly breaks! Woo!
The charge bar has finally been removed from Forget-Me-Now!
Locust of Wrath renamed to Locust of War
That seems to be all for now, but this will be updated as more information is uncovered! Stay tuned!

This update seems real boring. No quality of life improvements like the last one, just four new items to rarely see and another useless trinket to ignore.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Hyphen-ated posted:

they're talking about the AB+ modding api. antibirth doesn't include any of the content that was part of AB and AB+, and also doesn't expose an api for others to use

Ah, that's probably why they dropped off the face of the earth after promising AB+ support.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

dis astranagant posted:

Ah, that's probably why they dropped off the face of the earth after promising AB+ support.

I checked yesterday and was disappointed to see there was no new Antibirth news since February 1st. I know the team was really (justifiably) angry after Afterbirth+'s release was so botched, but I guess that old grudge plus the lack of the promised mod tools led them to drop it altogether, which is a shame.

I found this: https://twitter.com/edmundmcmillen/status/878863128548614146

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

BJPaskoff posted:

I checked yesterday and was disappointed to see there was no new Antibirth news since February 1st. I know the team was really (justifiably) angry after Afterbirth+'s release was so botched, but I guess that old grudge plus the lack of the promised mod tools led them to drop it altogether, which is a shame.

Nah, it wasn't dropped out of a gruge or anything. The problem is that Kilburn is the only programmer and he got super, super burnt out on working on it, especially since the main thing to do, adding Afterbirth support, is probably a tremendous pain in the rear end. I wouldn't write it off forever but at this point I'm not waiting on it, it'll just be a "oh, nice!" if it ever actually gets done.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

BJPaskoff posted:

another useless trinket to ignore.
The new trinket will crash the game when you enter the mom fight, mega satan or error room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Jusupov posted:

The new trinket will crash the game when you enter the mom fight, mega satan or error room.

It doesn't sound that useless. I am guessing it doesn't work on rooms where the door lock upon a user action (like the challenge rooms or boss rush), but it could be useful if you are going for the Keeper's achievements or have a poor build and want to avoid going through the most bullshit rooms where 9 out of 10 times you will take damage, especially if you can find another path to the boss rooms.

I don't know how they missed that it crashes those special rooms though. Aren't they supposed to be playtesting the booster packs for at least a month?