Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Best armor set in the game :monocle: Dude who took the screenshot was complaining about how the armor looked on reddit, but honestly that guy dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

funmanguy posted:

You can see some of the new support gems that ggg has created on the beta client here(scroll to the bottom and work your way up, not sure if theyre enabled yet.

I kinda hope this one is just to troll dataminers

The Lesser ones confuse me, especially Reduced Mana (and its quality stat).

The rest look pretty awesome.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

funmanguy posted:

You can see some of the new support gems that ggg has created on the beta client here(scroll to the bottom and work your way up, not sure if theyre enabled yet.

I kinda hope this one is just to troll dataminers

No new skill/support gems are active on beta. GGG has a history of leaving testing stuff in the data files, and very few of these things ever see the light of day. I wouldn't put too much thought into it.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
Is there a difference between "elemental damage with attack skills" and the old "weapon elemental damage"?

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Jinnigan posted:

Is there a difference between "elemental damage with attack skills" and the old "weapon elemental damage"?

I think it's there to clarify it doesn't affect DoTs anymore. Or is it the opposite, that it DOES affect DoTs now? ...yeah, that's probably it. DoTs aren't weapon damage, but they are part of attack skills.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Jinnigan posted:

It works with Facebreaker and Doriyani's Fist now

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Jinnigan posted:

Works w. Unarmed now.

karrethuun
Jun 6, 2011
Can't seem to get the beta to load through steam. It's done downloading but just hangs for >30 minutes on launching

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

Vasudus posted:

There's no way I'm going to spend 20 regrets to respec some extra goodies for leveling. Unless they drop the price down that's a huge waste.

20 regrets is nothing for a lot of players, especially in SC leagues where currency is devalued faster compared to exalts, so I don't doubt a lot will do it for the movespeed alone then swap. Also the Beast armor gives me a Dragonstalker armor vibe from vanilla WoW.

Akumos fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Jun 8, 2017

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
You guys think Brutus' Lead Sprinkler Molten Strike is viable with all the ignite changes? AFAIK it depends on weapon elemental damage and shouldn't have changed much, but life builds seem appealing with the changes to ES

e: Also wondering what kind of EK build would work, most I saw before used poison double-dipping. Could see a Shadow crit chaos EK with that new keystone maybe

myDad fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Jun 8, 2017

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

myDad posted:

You guys think Brutus' Lead Spitter Molten Strike is viable with all the ignite changes? AFAIK it depends on weapon elemental damage and shouldn't have changed much, but life builds seem appealing with the changes to ES

e: Also wondering what kind of EK build would work, most I saw before used poison double-dipping. Could see a Shadow crit chaos EK with that new keystone maybe

It's probably still viable but you're not going to be able to get one since it's a Torment league exclusive.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

dis astranagant posted:

It's probably still viable but you're not going to be able to get one since it's a Torment league exclusive.

Bummer, have they released any hints about the upcoming challenge league with Fall of Oriath?

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Are there good viable 2H Melee builds? Most builds I see on the forums are either for dual-wield, totem or 1h & shield.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Elentor posted:

Are there good viable 2H Melee builds? Most builds I see on the forums are either for dual-wield, totem or 1h & shield.

2h with resolute technique is viable starting out but doesn't get super strong. Crit 2h tends to either be super expensive, use Terminus Est/Oro's Sacrifice (for flicker strike), or use Hegemony's Era. I probably wouldn't run Terminus Est next league with the poison nerfs and lack of viable CI.

It's usually pretty cheap to pickup a set of The Warlord cards and craft yourself a 400 pdps 6l at the start of the league or you can go with any of a number of dirt cheap unlinked uniques. Then you get your then you pick up your lightning coil and your devoto's and cyclone away or whatever you happen to feel like. The tree usually stays between marauder and duelist, with a little trip north to grab life nodes from scion and templar.

There's also Ngamahu's meatball axe, which is nice for adding single target dps to your cyclone.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Jun 8, 2017

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Cyclone is super strong and eq is still good

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dis astranagant posted:

2h with resolute technique is viable starting out but doesn't get super strong. Crit 2h tends to either be super expensive, use Terminus Est/Oro's Sacrifice (for flicker strike), or use Hegemony's Era. I probably wouldn't run Terminus Est next league with the poison nerfs and lack of viable CI.

It's usually pretty cheap to pickup a set of The Warlord cards and craft yourself a 400 pdps 6l at the start of the league or you can go with any of a number of dirt cheap unlinked uniques. Then you get your then you pick up your lightning coil and your devoto's and cyclone away or whatever you happen to feel like. The tree usually stays between marauder and duelist, with a little trip north to grab life nodes from scion and templar.

There's also Ngamahu's meatball axe, which is nice for adding single target dps to your cyclone.

I think I'll try out an Earthquake Slayer then, sounds fun.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Social Media posted:

the games subforum is an abomination and should be deleted

You do not have to post in Games or read it.

Also, to those reporting people in this thread, it goes over far better with me if you don't report things YOU started.

YoungSexualNorton, you may have some views on those who donate and watch Twitch, but it is not necessary to broadcast them in this thread. Thank you kindly.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Part 1 of the new act is pretty good, and all fresh stuff. The first real boss there smacked me around good. I beat Malachi without dying, but only beat this boss by throwing my corpse at it until he died. Could just be that I am undergeared.

Got to part 2 of the new act too, where you go back someplace familiar. The enemies there were killing me quite a bit too. Time to call it a night, I think. Managed to get to level 45.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Not having the MTXs available is killing me.

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009
I think they've done some optimisation work on the engine, my computer isn't getting anywhere near as hot as it usually does when I play poe. (In the beta)

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

regulargonzalez posted:

Wait, you're in my guild I think? We can do the standard one, w/e. We'll have stash space then

Nah it didn't transfer from live, no stash tabs. I'm just trying to make sure people know who to PM and that there's enough inviters.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
dang these new sets look terrible

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Goa Tse-tung posted:

I'm glad of it, since I feel satisfied just buying the outlaw pack. I do kinda like the legion one though...

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Goa Tse-tung posted:

please open your eyes

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Beta has been patched so that M no longer crashes the client. But there are no microtransactions available in inventory or to buy, so I can't make any stash space for the guild stash in beta. Not sure I would anyway -- worried it wouldn't carry over when they wipe in a day or a week or w/e.

Anyway, if you need an invite to beta guild, msg rgz_MrJackpots, MrDGoestoaBeta, or Rodent in-game or PM me here. I don't know character names for the other officers but they can chime in below.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Goa Tse-tung posted:

Yeah I think this is one of the worst sets of supporter MTXs.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
the Indiana "poor" Jones is the only bad one.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I don't know why everyone keeps calling it Indiana Jones. It's more bloodbourne inspired than anything else. Hell add an automatic crossbow and it's van helsing

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

VideoGames posted:

You do not have to post in Games or read it.

Also, to those reporting people in this thread, it goes over far better with me if you don't report things YOU started.

YoungSexualNorton, you may have some views on those who donate and watch Twitch, but it is not necessary to broadcast them in this thread. Thank you kindly.

I like you.

Also it's not Indiana jones, it's very clearly lemeza from la mulana

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
...is anyone else's client hanging on trying to load Part 2 of Act 5, when you return to Act 1? I can't load the new Lioneye's Watch at all. Music plays but I get stuck on the loading screen.

Heh, I also can't create a new character now. Well boys.

Jinnigan fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Jun 8, 2017

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Jinnigan posted:

...is anyone else's client hanging on trying to load Part 2 of Act 5, when you return to Act 1? I can't load the new Lioneye's Watch at all. Music plays but I get stuck on the loading screen.

Servers are down. Happened *just* as I was entering Overseer's Tower and I was trying to figure out wtf was going on with that zone and if I needed to change graphics settings or something. Nope, it's the servers.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
died twice, and was just about to skip the race entirely, thanks for the crash ggg :D

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
With the kind of power creep in these new support gems and the new character advancement system I'm wondering if I can finally afford a starforge early enough to build a character around it?

Cause Viper Strike slayer is lookin' pretty good between the aoe, leechy stuff, threshold jewel, and boss melting poison damage, and I could actually use a defensive aura like Grace

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Apparently there's more new affixes - someone posted this one for ES

panda clue
May 23, 2014
Spell Echo/Multistrike no longer work with Vaal abilities.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

panda clue posted:

Spell Echo/Multistrike no longer work with Vaal abilities.

What does that do to vaal fb or spark?

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

Has ziz killed himself because of that yet?

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

pakman posted:

Has ziz killed himself because of that yet?

...I'll take that as a "it destroys the concept", then?

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009
So currently once you progress to "cruel" you get a permanent debuff on your resistances. It looks like it still applies if you go back to normal content, probably only relevant for lab.

It does make moving gear around in your hideout less painful though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

some uniques got buffed too, i'm rocking a blood reaper that had 185% increased phys damage, make for a lot nicer leveling item at least.

• Locked thread