Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

VJeff posted:

Yo can I get a watchlist on Sami Zayn's greatest hits in NXT. I've avoided watching Sami vs Neville for the longest time because I wanted all the context of Sami's journey and I wanna just go do it already.

I can give you stuff up to that match, does that work?

August 21, 2013: Zayn/Cesaro Best 2/3 Falls.
October 16, 2013: Zayn/Dallas for the NXT Championship.
NXT Arrival: Zayn/Cesaro IV (or something).
November 27, 2013: Zayn/Neville for the #1 Contender spot.
May 15, 2014: Zayn/Kidd/Breeze triple-threat match for the #1 Contender.
NXT Takeover: Zayn/Breeze for the #1 Contender.
NXT Takeover Fatal 4-Way: Zayn/Breeze/Neville/Kidd Fatal 4-Way for the NXT Championship.
November 13, 2014: Zayn/Neville for the NXT Championship (some decent matches on weekly TV to build up to that).
NXT Takeover R-Evolution: Zayn/Neville for the NXT Championship, Career x Title.

I think that's about it. There's more stuff for Sami/Dallas but I can't be arsed to find the dates, I'm cheating off Wikipedia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

You're forgetting the best one, even if it was more or less just a storyline-less match:

April 1st, 2016, Takeover Dallas: Zayn vs Nakamura

Absolute must-watch and still the best WWE match from Wrestlemania weekend 2016

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

VJeff posted:

Yo can I get a watchlist on Sami Zayn

Wow. quoted for racism.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

spongeh posted:

Wow. quoted for racism.

Look, all I'm saying is, he shouldn't be allowed to fly.

Unless it's through the middle rope to deliver a devastating tornado DDT!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

spongeh posted:

Wow. quoted for racism.

Lmao

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

VJeff posted:

Yo can I get a watchlist on Sami Zayn's greatest hits in NXT. I've avoided watching Sami vs Neville for the longest time because I wanted all the context of Sami's journey and I wanna just go do it already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KoaHLkumDI

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Itami's contract is up this year

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I honestly don't know what would be best for either party. His WWE tenure is just so sad after the Wrestlemania battle royal match. Would it be better for both parties to move on? Or do they both want to extend? I dunno. I wish he could get on some amazing streak and get hot again but it seems unlikely.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

create a division like NEVER Openweight for Itami, Samoa Joe, Ciampa, Tommy End etc

One where you have to go to fuckin war and poo poo isn't paced like another garbage-rear end WWE ppv with 700 kickouts on false finishes

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

It is my headcanon that that the chanting was BO, LEAVE! BO, LEAVE!

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I'm withholding judgment on Itami til we see how his heel run turns out. I'm expecting a great match with Ohno in Brooklyn, assuming that's where they're going.

The Roode match really was superior to the Nakamura matches. Beyond questions of physical fitness, the comparisons to Nak are unfair. Itami can and will work harder than Nak on a per-match basis. They just need to tap into his inner Suzuki and push him as an all-business killer. Don't know if they will, though, given his stature.

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jun 7, 2017

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Niwrad posted:

I think I'll check out Progress. The Jimmy Havoc stuff looks awesome too.

Sub to http://ottondemand.com/ for a month. Pete became our main eventer early, earlier than he achieved much in Progress, so you can see him shoot up the card in front of an enthusiastic crowd. Some of the matches vary in quality.

Money in the Bank Ladder Match: Ryan Smile vs Jigsaw vs Pete Dunne

NLW Heavyweight Championship: Pete Dunne vs Mark Andrews

OTT No Limits Championship: Pete Dunne vs Jigsaw

OTT No Limits Championship: Pete Dunne vs Paul Tracey

NLW Heavyweight Championship: Pete Dunne vs Will Ospreay vs Ryan Smile

NLW Heavyweight Championship: Luther Ward vs Pete Dunne

Will Ospreay & Ryan Smile (The Uptown Funkers) vs Luther Ward & Pete Dunne (Team Gumshield)

Joe Coffey vs Pete Dunne

Pete Dunne vs El Ligero

Zack Sabre, Jr vs Pete Dunne

NLW Championship: Luther Ward vs Pete Dunne

Pete Dunne vs Dave Mastiff

NLW Heavyweight Championship: Pete Dunne vs Chris Hero

NLW Championship: Pete Dunne vs Marty Scurll vs Fabian Aichner

NLW Championship Pete Dunne vs Ryan Smile

British Strong Style vs The Kings of the North

And by the end of the week they'll have British Strong Style feat. Tyler Bate against Angel Cruz\B. Cool and Tyler Bate which is hilarious if not great art.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Tato posted:

I honestly don't know what would be best for either party. His WWE tenure is just so sad after the Wrestlemania battle royal match. Would it be better for both parties to move on? Or do they both want to extend? I dunno. I wish he could get on some amazing streak and get hot again but it seems unlikely.
KENTA had the Sin Cara/Karma/Callahan kind of bad luck where he was signed at a weird time and bad things kept happening.

The best thing for him would probably be to pop up in NJPW or PWG and do some great matches and probably retire, because I don't see him doing well in the WWE at ALL anymore.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

RealFoxy posted:

KENTA had the Sin Cara/Karma/Callahan kind of bad luck where he was signed at a weird time and bad things kept happening.

The best thing for him would probably be to pop up in NJPW or PWG and do some great matches and probably retire, because I don't see him doing well in the WWE at ALL anymore.

I think Callihan is kind of screwed because he's so small but not of a cruiserweight bodyshape. He's great, really loving good, but he's too small to be a powerhouse and too big in frame to be anything else.

Think he's best off in the indies, I don't know what WWE would do with him to make him effective or where he could go in WWE.

Itami could still do something. People bought him in the Roode match. The problem there was they painted him as being the last of that run of NXT guys that Roode was replacing. And Roode won. That's cut the legs off him more than his halted momentum.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Itami WAS great, but he's still pretty tiny as far as the main roster goes and I still think his ceiling would be 205 live. At least Ibushi was about the same height as John Cena and if he ever wanted to bulk up, could be pretty big. Itami is always going to look tiny, he's Daniel Bryan sized without the natural charisma. Callahan is right around that 5'8 height too but he looks much bigger than he is.

As far as size goes, if you look tiny compared to Mojo loving Rawly you're probably never going to get too far.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Jun 7, 2017

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Itami needs to go away and KENTA needs to make a run-in on [INSERT HEEL HERE] at New Year's Dash next January.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
KENTA could absolutely kill it in LU if the show gets to continue.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Hideo to stay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=396r9dwMzp4

Also
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k01DMaKNBi4

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the hard hitting noah the reborn would shatter kenta's remaining limbs anyway. as would hiromu. best for him to stay

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
If this is your first exposure to Nikki Cross out of character it is a trip. She's a sweetheart:

https://twitter.com/Inside_TheRopes/status/872228757158932480

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
It's everyone's favorite NXT tag team

DIY was second.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
This is a very novel way to build a monster, and I'm a big fan of it.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Lars Sullivan is my favorite gimmick in NXT

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

achillesforever6 posted:

Lars Sullivan is my favorite gimmick in NXT

I was prepared to agree but wouldn't you know it, Nikki Cross showed up on my screen.

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Nikki is trying so hard, bless her heart

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I guess Billie doesn't do TV matches anymore.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I thought Peyton's finisher was Widow's Peak.

Aphrodite posted:

I guess Billie doesn't do TV matches anymore.

I'm kinda fine with her just being Peyton's Buddy.

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Full Sail is one of those for profit schools, right

EDIT: STOP WITH THE loving TOO SWEET CHANTS YOU SHITBIRDS

Shawn Cotureier fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Jun 8, 2017

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/872618915859443712

rovert fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Jun 8, 2017

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Striking in this match is :discourse:

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

I know it's early on but this match seems a bit sloppy

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Okay what're those Full Sail jokers chanting? Ozzy Fozzy?

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

VJeff posted:

Okay what're those Full Sail jokers chanting? Ozzy Fozzy?

My guess was Fuzzy Wuzzy

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

VJeff posted:

I thought Peyton's finisher was Widow's Peak.

I'm kinda fine with her just being Peyton's Buddy.

At least they finally figured out that Peyton is clearly the better wrestler of the two

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Yo Itami vs Oney loving ruled. That's all I wanted to say.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Roode's response to Roddy's promo was great.

"You're winning matches.... finally. You have a marginally attractive wife, and your kid is relatively normal."

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Bobby Roode is not a nice man and I hope he gets backbreakered a lot. <:mad:>

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
Um... what is Killian Dane's solo theme music even supposed to be?

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Uncle Ulty posted:

Um... what is Killian Dane's solo theme music even supposed to be?

Farty flutes instead of farty guitar

Because he's Irish you see

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Now that Heavy Machinery has a shredtastic theme and a great name for their silly rear end finisher, I'm confident in saying that they are the best thing going in tag wrestling on the planet.

Other assorted thoughts:

Glad Peyton is the only Iconic one who wrestles now because the talent disparity is nuts. Sarah Bridges looked solid in the ring and hopefully they don't lean in too hard on the backwoods poo poo. I do like the tonal dissonance of her coming out to hardcore though, so maybe make her gimmick that she hated where she grew up and just wanted another punk friend.

Hideo needs to ditch the trash black and brown color way. Oney Lorcan killing a dude with slaps and uppercuts will never get old.

Killian Dane has the worst music.

• Locked thread