Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Nice, that 30 energy puts me close to 100 base NRG. Just ripe to start TM farming the whale way, the right way.

Also Hope is my loving kryptonite!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*

Dana Crysalis posted:

Anyone trying their hand at the unit design contest? I submitted a few. Prolly very little chance of getting on the shortlist but if you don't try you have no chance at all!

https://twitter.com/DanaCrysalis/status/872708987455774720
https://twitter.com/DanaCrysalis/status/872752373063704578
https://twitter.com/DanaCrysalis/status/872766641804894208

Oh I didn't know there was a contest! If I had any drawing ability I'd try my hand.

I like the snake lady.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Is the app crashing a lot whenever it tries to return to the home screen for anyone else? Happened to me after claiming the daily login bonus, then again after buying the daily special.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Also I dont know how to feel about Gumi somehow making a base 5* thats worse than Delita. I'm guessing that particular SD colab character is the free one or something

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

Fenrir posted:

Don't we have the exact same setup?

e: Yup, just you have used a few more HP pots.

yeah it's a pain trying to max out on hp pots

got a wilhelm on my daily :toot:

must've done about a combined 25 pulls in total on this banner from dailies and random tickets thrown at it

was waiting for 6* wol but i'll definitely take the tm shield to use on ramza, saves me from farming leo's tm, although i do have five of him

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Dana Crysalis posted:

It has been extra confirmed via sneak peek that we are getting the +30 Max Energy.

Nice! I'm now sitting at almost 400 NRG!

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Trial done. All missions complete :toot:

Initially tried with that super Marie friend we have around here, but unfortunately, didn't have the DPS. Tried again with a regular Orlandeau friend to chain with, brought Minfilia instead, and it went down easy* enough. Barstonra/Soil Guard + Water Guard mitigates a lot of Orthos' more dangerous AOEs, and Typhon got off all of one Fireball. Typhon died on turn 4 anyway, so thank god I didn't have to deal with him one-shotting Cecil every turn.

* Everyone that wasn't named Refia died at least once during the fight, but it seems designed in such a way that you're expected to lose people, and that as long as you're losing maybe 1 person you should be able to recover with a Full Raise. It seems super difficult, though, if you don't have some kind of chaining capability in order to deal enough damage to kill Orthos quickly once he's sub 50% (that 75% gravity is a bitch) and to remove Typhon from round 2 as fast as possible.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Hello 145 NRG and my first Abel on. 1/2 pull whim. :toot:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

Hello 145 NRG and my first Abel on. 1/2 pull whim. :toot:

Hello 1/2 Pull First Able buddy! :buddy::hf::buddy:

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Mischalaniouse posted:

Oh I didn't know there was a contest! If I had any drawing ability I'd try my hand.

I like the snake lady.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/final-fantasy-brave-exvius/final-fantasy-brave-exvius-unit-design-contest/835075833320965/ for the details, and thanks! They actually want full skill lists and everything for the contest, but I didn't wanna have a WALL OF TEXT. Basically she can summon a monster, depending on which one it lets her have other skills (Bomb gives Oil and Explode, etc, etc). The most unique things in her kit come from the Summon Sylph, which has Life Drain (AoE, like the FF4 summon spell), and two other FF support spells, Quick (restores action to one unit) and Bubble (Double max HP of single unit for 3 turns)

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

AegisP posted:

Trial done. All missions complete :toot:

Initially tried with that super Marie friend we have around here, but unfortunately, didn't have the DPS. Tried again with a regular Orlandeau friend to chain with, brought Minfilia instead, and it went down easy* enough. Barstonra/Soil Guard + Water Guard mitigates a lot of Orthos' more dangerous AOEs, and Typhon got off all of one Fireball. Typhon died on turn 4 anyway, so thank god I didn't have to deal with him one-shotting Cecil every turn.

* Everyone that wasn't named Refia died at least once during the fight, but it seems designed in such a way that you're expected to lose people, and that as long as you're losing maybe 1 person you should be able to recover with a Full Raise. It seems super difficult, though, if you don't have some kind of chaining capability in order to deal enough damage to kill Orthos quickly once he's sub 50% (that 75% gravity is a bitch) and to remove Typhon from round 2 as fast as possible.

I tried with the following and died pretty early in round 2.

Orlandu
Cecil
Minfilia
Refia
Friendlandu

What was your strategy? Just keep up Soil Guard and Water Guard and heal / hit each turn? What did you use to prevent snort?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I decided to do March of the Machines again to waste stamina before the update, get the remaining Lapis. Managed to do it. So now that the update's finished I find myself back at the first battle...

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

BDawg posted:

Orlandu
Cecil
Minfilia
Refia
Friendlandu

What was your strategy? Just keep up Soil Guard and Water Guard and heal / hit each turn? What did you use to prevent snort?

The wiki says you have to smack Chupon with a wind attack when it says he's taking a deep breath. If you kill Ultros first he'll use it anyways so keep that in mind with your kill order too.

e: I mean Chupon = Typhon and Ultros = Orthros, my brain is permanently stuck in FF6 mode with them

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Scrublord Prime posted:

e: I mean Chupon = Typhon and Ultros = Orthros, my brain is permanently stuck in FF6 mode with them

That's because those are the best names. :colbert:

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer
This trial has really made me realize that I can't do trials anymore without a 5* high dps unit. I just can't do enough damage fast enough to these things to outlast their attacks with Firion, Lightning, and a friend alone. Especially when I need to have a buffer/tank present as well.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Scrublord Prime posted:

The wiki says you have to smack Chupon with a wind attack when it says he's taking a deep breath. If you kill Ultros first he'll use it anyways so keep that in mind with your kill order too.

I get that part, but I mean what specifically? My hope was I'd kill Typhon in 4 turns. I'm not sure that's realistic.

I've equipped Cecil with Air Knife.

Once I tried Snow with Kaiser Knuckle, but Snow was a poor choice.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I makes more sense now why people were saying to wait on the TM grind because when they kept saying +30 max NRG I thought they meant the were just increasing the CAP not giving everyone 30 more NRG permanently.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I haven't done the trial so I can't say for certain but maybe Giant Feathers will do the trick? As a consumable attack item anybody can use 'em so you aren't stuck with one unit having to be the anti-Snort guy.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Got Abel # 2 after a 1/2 price vanilla Terra.

Why are my 1/2 pulls such poo poo?

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
Octopus down! :toot:

Party Composition:
Cecil with Survival Daggers (wind elemental), dualcast, and NOT ENOUGH HP
Refia
Minfilia
Noctis with 95% dodge
Friendevia with Diabolos and 983 Magic

It was rough going at first because Chupon really just shrugged off Frost Flower Blitz, even with the ice weakness and Demon Killer. But after whittling him down (and dying a lot because his normal hits are PAINFUL), it came down to me and Ultros, and then it was suddenly cake.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

+30 energy took me from 115 to 145 which is :toot:. Quick napkin math for TM w/ refill grinding:
- Assuming 50s to complete one Earth Shrine Entrance
- Assuming 10,000 runs of ESE to get a TM from 0-100%

That's 500,000s / 138hrs / 5.7 days to complete a TM. Over that time you get 1,666 energy, so you'd need 8,334 energy from refills. That's 58 refills @ 100 lapis each, or 5800 lapis to complete a set of 5 TMs. Compare that to 115 energy, it'd be 73 refills / 7300 lapis for a full set.

That's not counting actually playing the game in the meantime among other things though. Still a nice discount for macroing!

hagie posted:

Got Abel # 2 after a 1/2 price vanilla Terra.

Why are my 1/2 pulls such poo poo?

I'm in the same boat. Besides an Ingus to get a 3rd L&A the last two weeks of halfpulls have been trash. I only got one or two gold crystals to be disappointed by too.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

BDawg posted:

Orlandu
Cecil
Minfilia
Refia
Friendlandu

This was my exact party.

Typhon died turn 4 when he buffed himself, so snort never happened. The key strategy was you need to absolutely loving ATK break Orthos as soon as possible and keep it up. It turns his auto-attacks from 1k+ hits to 400 and less. Typhon himself really didn't do anything except Fireball once and I think kill Cecil right at the start of Round 2 (poor Cecil). Orlandeau chains do enough to take him down fast enough (provided good Orlandeaus).

But yea, use Barstonra with Refia if you can at the start of round 2 so that Minfilia can also put up Water Guard in the same turn, and then just put up a stronger shield whenever you're able.

The start of Round 2 until Typhon is dead is probably the hardest part of the fight. If you can deal with Orthos, you're fine. But you have to weather raising whomever Typhon kills initially when Round 2 begins and then killing Typhon.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

AegisP posted:

This was my exact party.

Typhon died turn 4 when he buffed himself, so snort never happened. The key strategy was you need to absolutely loving ATK break Orthos as soon as possible and keep it up. It turns his auto-attacks from 1k+ hits to 400 and less. Typhon himself really didn't do anything except Fireball once and I think kill Cecil right at the start of Round 2 (poor Cecil). Orlandeau chains do enough to take him down fast enough (provided good Orlandeaus).

But yea, use Barstonra with Refia if you can at the start of round 2 so that Minfilia can also put up Water Guard in the same turn, and then just put up a stronger shield whenever you're able.

The start of Round 2 until Typhon is dead is probably the hardest part of the fight. If you can deal with Orthos, you're fine. But you have to weather raising whomever Typhon kills initially when Round 2 begins and then killing Typhon.

I think one of my problems is lack of setup Friendlandus. Everyone is geared for Titan.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

BDawg posted:

I think one of my problems is lack of setup Friendlandus. Everyone is geared for Titan.

Oof, yea. I think at least a few people in the SA doc still have 1000 ATK Orlandeaus geared up since you don't need Golem on him, and I used one of them. If you don't have mine, I have my 970 Orlandeau available if you want another one: 235,783,778

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Ok, up to 10k lapis. Give me a good banner to burn this on(and get absolutely nothing that I'm looking for) please!

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

AegisP posted:

Oof, yea. I think at least a few people in the SA doc still have 1000 ATK Orlandeaus geared up since you don't need Golem on him, and I used one of them. If you don't have mine, I have my 970 Orlandeau available if you want another one: 235,783,778

Thanks - I'll always take another.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
Yay!! I have finally cleared out my quest log.

I have done just about every quest currently available, at least as far as I know. I'm sure I missed one here or there in some exploration or some other quest popped up after I finished a prerequisite, but right now I don't care as I'm looking at my log of 0 current quests and feeling good about it! If I ever come across quests I missed I'll pick them up to do, but for now I'm just happy to be cleared.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Third try on titan got it cleared with all objectives. First two tries died due to not keeping ATK and MAG break up non stop.

Third run also nearly wiped due to something like 6 or 7 tumults in a single turn :wtc:

Kheldarn posted:

Hello 1/2 Pull First Able buddy! :buddy::hf::buddy:

I think I might tm grind him after the second Zidane is finished. It's not BiS for many but the flexibility could be very handy.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
Did they increase the summon rate for Y'shtola this time around? Because christ:

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Scrublord Prime posted:

I'm in the same boat. Besides an Ingus to get a 3rd L&A the last two weeks of halfpulls have been trash. I only got one or two gold crystals to be disappointed by too.

I know I catch flack for championing the "never 1/2 pull" but it's bullshit half pulls like that, that really disenchant me for the whole process. Yesterday was Maria.

I mean we can get into a whole statistical analysis and game theory about it, but that poo poo is getting old. Yea pulling everyday increases my chances of getting better units (obviously) but the game is programming me to not do it. Risk 250 lapis and get some garbage unit, or spend 50 more lapis TM farming 3 full turns? And now that I have 130+ nrg to start off the bat...I'm already gaining 1/3 more farming opportunity with the recent increase.

I've been trying to take the advice of others that are obviously more well off in the awesome unit department, by gently caress man, you get beat down enough and you just question whether it's worth it.

hagie fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jun 8, 2017

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

MohShuvuu posted:

Did they increase the summon rate for Y'shtola this time around? Because christ:

Yea they got rid of the trust moogles and jacked up the unit droprates

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

hagie posted:

I know I catch flack for championing the "never 1/2 pull" but it's bullshit half pulls like that, that really disenchant me for the whole process. Yesterday was Maria.

I mean we can get into a whole statistical analysis and game theory about it, but that poo poo is getting old. Yea pulling everyday increases my chances of getting better units (obviously) but the game is programming me to not do it. Risk 250 lapis and get some garbage unit, or spend 50 more lapis TM farming 3 full turns? And now that I have 130+ nrg to start off the bat...I'm already gaining 1/3 more farming opportunity with the recent increase.

I've been trying to take the advice of others that are obviously more well off in the awesome unit department, by gently caress man, you get beat down enough and you just question whether it's worth it.

Unless you already have some top tier rainbow units, spending all your lapis to TM farm is going to do you gently caress all for completing content. Woo loving hoo, I now have a good weapon and abilities for my lovely 4* base unit whose ability have lovely modifiers.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Fair enough point.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

yeah when i finished my first dual wield i was like uhhhh i guess this goes on chizuru cool???

then my first 5* damage dealer was luneth and :I but then i got gilgamesh yay finally a good reason to have dual wield! and somewhat ironically i am back around to using chizuru because i don't have any 5* chainers.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
Chizuru and Gilgamesh are what I run as well. Content is difficult, but still totally doable.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Honestly the game opened up for me once I got dual wield, then a few weeks later Second Knife and that didn't turn out as bad at damage as thought.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

I'm going to blast some poo poo once I finally get a dps unit.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
poo poo. Now I'm thinking about rerolling because my only good characters are Bartz, Wilhelm, Xon, Y'shtola and Exdeath.

I nagged Cecil too but eh since I have Wilhelm.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
I'm apparently awful at killing ELT Echidna with an Esper. I think I'm 0-for-8 so far these last two days. Probably four times now I've killed her before the summon animation happens, and even though the chain is still going, the esper never comes out and I don't get credit for it.

Edit: of course after complaining about it, I nail it on the next try. Was able to get her HP down to a tiny tiny sliver so Odin could finish her off.

Voodoo fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Jun 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So question about the titan trial. Am I supposed to kill the heart or ignore it? Because after I kill it, he nukes my whole team.

• Locked thread