Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
What's the monster level of the last zone of Act 7? I want to know how much pain I'll be in trying to get to maps level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

54. The last boss there always seems to drop a tier 1 map. At least she did the two times I killed her. In the room right behind her is a map machine.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Filthy Monkey posted:

54. The last boss there always seems to drop a tier 1 map. At least she did the two times I killed her. In the room right behind her is a map machine.

Will that be the same level when the game releases? Or will we hit maps when we hit act 10?

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

My assumption is that will change once the rest of the acts are out. I believe there is a level gap between the current last boss and the start of maps.

Rashomon
Jun 21, 2006

This machine kills fascists

regulargonzalez posted:

Beta has been patched so that M no longer crashes the client. But there are no microtransactions available in inventory or to buy, so I can't make any stash space for the guild stash in beta. Not sure I would anyway -- worried it wouldn't carry over when they wipe in a day or a week or w/e.

Anyway, if you need an invite to beta guild, msg rgz_MrJackpots, MrDGoestoaBeta, or Rodent in-game or PM me here. I don't know character names for the other officers but they can chime in below.

I can do invites too, playing on char Aedmundinthebeta.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Someone recommend me a decent non-meta and fairly cheap melee build to run in LHC 1-week race please (cheap because I earn money slow and even if I didn't I'll no doubt die before I can afford anything expensive anyway).

Bonus points if it'll get super nerfed/changed with 3.0.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Insurrectionist posted:

Someone recommend me a decent non-meta and fairly cheap melee build to run in LHC 1-week race please (cheap because I earn money slow and even if I didn't I'll no doubt die before I can afford anything expensive anyway).

Bonus points if it'll get super nerfed/changed with 3.0.

zerker cyclone, no way in hell cloaked in savagery stays the same

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Some kind of poison earthquake

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Goa Tse-tung posted:

I mean the beta is already out with the new skill tree and it hasn't even been touched.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

silvergoose posted:

What does that do to vaal fb or spark?

Half as many projectiles.

Herb Dington
Oct 6, 2013
Brutusssss!!!

Thought I was doing pretty good on the merveil kill race but then ...

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Goa Tse-tung posted:

Did they improve the pathing on live yet (haven't played in weeks) cause no way are you getting me to play Cyclone until that's implemented

regulargonzalez posted:

Some kind of poison earthquake

Might try this

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

The gap between the last boss right now and maps is a bit rough. There is no dried lake equivalent. Instead you are just 14'ish levels short and undergeared. I tried a tier 1 map, and could kill okay but was definitely flimsy. Couldn't handle the damage from the boss. Guess I'll do a bunch of runs of the final zone and hope for something.

Anybody who can make that jump easily with their build is going to have a big head up in the beta.

Filthy Monkey fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jun 8, 2017

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

You're better off farming the last zones than going into maps anyways. At lvl 57, a T1 map only gives 38% of the normal exp. I think the last zone ends at lvl 57? You can level up to 66 in a lvl 57 zone with only up to a 2% exp penalty (lvl 65 gets 98% of the normal exp from lvl 57 monsters). Once you're 66 jumping into maps should be ok.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Filthy Monkey posted:

The gap between the last boss right now and maps is a bit rough. There is no dried lake equivalent. Instead you are just 14'ish levels short and undergeared. I tried a tier 1 map, and could kill okay but was definitely flimsy. Couldn't handle the damage from the boss. Guess I'll do a bunch of runs of the final zone and hope for something.

Anybody who can make that jump easily with their build is going to have a big head up in the beta.

For a tiny bit as Act 8 is due soon.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
is there any tips or tricks to doing well in races or is it all "know the layouts and don't die"

i want to see if i can at least try to get a chance at the beta key, since the supporter packs are just a bit out of my price range

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009

terrified of my bathroom posted:

is there any tips or tricks to doing well in races or is it all "know the layouts and don't die"

i want to see if i can at least try to get a chance at the beta key, since the supporter packs are just a bit out of my price range

For just hitting the level requirements its basically a case of knowing when to get some exp and went to charge to higher zones and yeah the mechanical skill of not dieing, if you push quite hard and stay underleveled though you can just get unlucky and die anyway. It depends on the race but the basic fundamentals are you need to have a solid plan for your build up the level you're aiming for as well as knowing what items to look out for, socket groups etc, that's going to really help you to not be faffing around. learning which items to use currency on to, what to buy at vendors and when.

Understanding how areas work is helpful but not knowing shouldn't hinder you too much to just get your chances at keys/mtx as long as you don't faff around too much in dead ends or die.

You can learn a lot of the stuff above by just checking out some videos from good racers like RaizQT, Helman and Nugi. I'm sure there are more but those are the people I've watched.

Also I'm pretty sure for the majority of races Marauder sunder is simply the best and fastest build to play, so maybe stick to learning that. It's not true for every race but it will get you pretty far :)

J
Jun 10, 2001

terrified of my bathroom posted:

Have your build planned out in advance. Know what gems you're going to be using at what level ranges. Get a racing focused item filter to help you pick up important things for your class and build. Don't wear body armor, it makes you move slower. Check vendors for move speed boots. Do all your inventory manipulation and skill point allocation while moving. Only kill big packs of mobs, don't get caught up killing stragglers. Don't spend any time farting around in town, at all.

Raiz and Helmann both have a lot of racing videos, including some with commentary that explains what they are doing.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
Thanks! I'll take a look at those vids.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Zerker Master Race

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Haemophilia + the blood reaper makes for a really fun feeling cyclone build so far, and I still have a shitload of bleed specific nodes to take

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i think the beast armor looks really cool

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Is there a way to view someone's profile and see their beta characters? Maybe there is and I haven't been able to find it?

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
So I've got a general idea of what I want to build, but I'm not very experienced with the sphere grid. Would anyone with more experience care to comment on this as something to work towards? The idea is to use Cyclone to move around and spread Flammability/Warlord's Mark then clean up with Molten Strike

https://poeplanner.com/AAgAAP8AByEA...1_QIZDqEAAAAAAA

Or this for a bleed-based build

https://poeplanner.com/AAgAAQUACCEA...1_QIZDqEAAAAAAA

myDad fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Jun 9, 2017

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

myDad posted:

So I've got a general idea of what I want to build, but I'm not very experienced with the sphere grid. Would anyone with more experience care to comment on this as something to work towards? The idea is to use Cyclone to move around and spread Flammability/Warlord's Mark then clean up with Molten Strike

https://poeplanner.com/AAgAAP8AByEA...1_QIZDqEAAAAAAA

The very concept of that build seems flawed. Why not just use blasphemy for your curse?

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Looks like RIP Emberwake Taming in 3.0

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

Is there any way to trade up yet for beta? Got a hot facebreaker drop but I need some meginords/foxshade or something to actually use it

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Mince Pieface posted:

Is there any way to trade up yet for beta? Got a hot facebreaker drop but I need some meginords/foxshade or something to actually use it

Yep. Just type /trade1 in the chat window

panda clue
May 23, 2014

regulargonzalez posted:

Yep. Just type /trade1 in the chat window

just like the good ol' days

The poe.trade dev didn't get a beta invite, lol

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

Jesus Christ. Any goons want to trade?

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

McFrugal posted:

The very concept of that build seems flawed. Why not just use blasphemy for your curse?

Had Blood Magic planned, but I guess it's bad? Berseker gets the mana leech keystone

Also is there a de facto plan for +max hp%? The Energy Shield nerfs sounded rough

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

like is no one willing to throw down 30$ to get this dude beta access

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Mince Pieface posted:

like is no one willing to throw down 30$ to get this dude beta access

Well he didn't ask GGG for a key and I saw at least one person offer in the reddit thread so whatever.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Jun 9, 2017

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

GGG didn't put up a beta api yet or something.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

myDad posted:

Had Blood Magic planned, but I guess it's bad? Berseker gets the mana leech keystone

Also is there a de facto plan for +max hp%? The Energy Shield nerfs sounded rough

I like to shoot for 200% or better on melee guys. You'll probably want more like 250+ if you're blood magic.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Just shy of it and I think I got enough elemental/fire damage & penetration to support Molten Strike. Dropped Blood Magic hoping Berserker and Vaal Pact make up for it and letting me run blasphemy flammability

https://poeplanner.com/AAgAAQsACCEw...78I6hD4XwAAAAAA

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Mince Pieface posted:

nope, have fun with tradechat!

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Wonder if the others are limited... It'd still be good for a lot of builds as long as they also use armour and mana, even if you can only have three of each equipped. And hey, maybe I could afford a full set for once!

What does the internet think about this change?

quote:

Oh, come on. One bad decision doesn't ruin the game. People are so hyperbolic. Hell, I don't even mind this because whenever someone made an ele build, people would go "ok but why not Grand Spectrum?" When that happens with every single elemental build, there's a problem that needs to be fixed. Maybe this wasn't the best fix, but I'm not too broken up about it personally.

quote:

one bad decision? have you not seen any of the other balance changes?

:krad:

Bonus:

quote:

They "fixed" a bug [with Scaeva] where the crit chance was local. It probably was a bug tbh , but they left it there for an entire league and didn't acknowledge it till the moment they nerfed it. During that league Scaeva was used as a good budget item due to it's crit chance, but considered generally inferior to other weapons still. If they just added "local" to the mod text it would not only be less work but also keep the weapon unique and usable.
1 chaos 300 pdps sword with built in life and mana leech, considered generally inferior to other weapons. Much like Kondo's Pride is considered generally inferior.

Double bonus:

quote:

So now that grand spectrum wouldn't be broken anymore, with double dipping gone and all, they nerf it even harder? Wha ...

Count Uvula fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Jun 9, 2017

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

This seems good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
That GS change makes my idea of a non-standard Explosive Arrow character more viable. Assuming the others are limited by 3 as well, and not knowing what the mana/armor ones are like, doing 9 GS (3 of each) would still end up being quite a bit of elemental damage.

• Locked thread