Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

La Brea Carpet posted:

My [22M] date with a girl [22F] I met on-line went badly, and I fear that I've really hurt her

Hope he doesn't own a bunny.....

Buddy, at least you found out before you bought the crazy. Crazy is a good gently caress (sometimes, this seems weird and awkward though), but you drop it like it's hot and move on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Okay what's the origin of the [ANGRY MONKEY NOISES] thing anyway? I missed that post

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

bamhand posted:

Maybe he was just really bad and she just wanted his penis to shrink back inside of his body so it would end.

I have a feeling that he wasn't the first guy that she got weirdly clingy with.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
I'm surprised she let him out of the apartment.

Brainworm
Mar 23, 2007

...one of these--
As he hath spices of them all, not all,
For I dare so far free him--made him fear'd...
Nap Ghost

Huntersoninski posted:

she doesn't want to "ruin his life," as if his actions had nothing to do with the situation

I think she's confused because she's playing college kid (like, "drunk people aren't totally responsible for what they do") and never-dealt-with-an-addict (like, "he's ashamed so he'll never do it again"), and rightly doesn't see how they add up to being a responsible adult.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

La Brea Carpet posted:

My [22M] date with a girl [22F] I met on-line went badly, and I fear that I've really hurt her

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
*addresses closet full of stuffed teddy bears*

"WHY WON'T SOMEONE LOVE ME"

*Their glassy, unmoved eyes reflect back the mascara running down her face*

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

MF_James posted:

Buddy, at least you found out before you bought the crazy. Crazy is a good gently caress (sometimes, this seems weird and awkward though), but you drop it like it's hot and move on.

Or maybe she was just desperate for love, like a lot of normal people are, and if he had reciprocated she would be loyal and adore him.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Pick posted:

Or maybe she was just desperate for love, like a lot of normal people are, and if he had reciprocated she would be loyal and adore him.

poo poo you were just dozed weren't you?

Brainworm
Mar 23, 2007

...one of these--
Nap Ghost

HardDiskD posted:

Yeah, no.

Block her and never look back.

Or just treat her with total contempt and see how weird she'll let the sex get.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Pick posted:

You don't think she came on a little strong?

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Pick posted:

Turn on your monitor

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Mak0rz posted:

Okay what's the origin of the [ANGRY MONKEY NOISES] thing anyway? I missed that post

It was a guy worried that his girlfriend was too into graphic animal-fight youtubes. Someone posted a comedic scenario of him trying to have a conversation about his discomfort and her just staring silently at him and turning the volume up.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Brainworm posted:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Brainworm posted:

its gonna turn out very badly when she breaks out the handcuffs

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

HardDiskD posted:

its gonna turn out very badly when she breaks out the handcuffs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E55ni_xc4ww&t=3s

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

:stare:

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

This is bizarre as hell

My [32M] wife [35F] is not capable of answering questions

quote:

My wife is not able to provide a direct or informative answer to any type of question I might ask her.

I am not talking about heavy topics, we're pretty fine with stuff, although in rare case of more serious discussions it is especially annoying because nothing can be sorted out through a quick information exchange. But we don't have any big topic at the moment that I especially need to discuss, it's more about absolutely anything.

These are some examples:

I forgot a fact that both of us know ("What's the name of that character/person?" "What was that joke we kept on saying the other day?") If I ask her to remind me, as a rule she pretends not to know the reply. I understand that if I forgot she can forget too, but this applies to 100% situations. She never provides me with an answer, I have to look at it elsewhere, and I swear she has some kind of all knowing aura around her as if she was some sensei teaching me how to seek for answers (yes I can google it but there's no internet at the moment and she's right there, it's not that deep.) I personally love to be helpful in that pop quiz type of way and often answer her questions when roles are reversed.

IF I am looking for something, she also never knows where it is. Ever. If I realize the location was obvious or a place I am sure she'd know about, she still claims she doesn't know. She also never helps me search, although I'd help her in such occasions. And no, I don't constantly lose things for her to be fed up and make a point.

If my question refers to something only she has the answer to ("what is this item you own for"/"what did you have for lunch"/"why do you need to wake up early tomorrow" - stupid examples, point being I can't possibly know or find the answer without getting it from her) she acts mystical or postpones the reply. For instance "I'll tell you if you remind me after dinner"/"Guess"/"Do me a favor and I'll tell you." I mean sometimes she does reply after all the hassle, but no matter how trivial the topic she always has to make a whole thing out of me getting that reply, often only giving me clues to figure it our myself. Like it would kill her to just answer right away normally.

Does anyone have any idea what this is about? I guess she's always been like it but it took me a bit to properly identify the issue, now I did it's so obvious it would be funny if it wasn't so annoying.

I asked her why she has this issue, but I'm sure you can guess the result by now...

tl;dr: Wife is incapable of giving informative and direct answers to any type of question, no matter how mundane. she makes me guess and search for information myself, or if she is the only person with the information she makes getting the reply into a quest. We're talking about questions like "what did you eat for lunch."

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

La Brea Carpet posted:

This is bizarre as hell

I had the same reflex until I was in my like mid-20s after getting used to any questions I didn't see the point of probably being some kind of trap.

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Jun 8, 2017

Brainworm
Mar 23, 2007

...one of these--
Nap Ghost

La Brea Carpet posted:

This is bizarre as hell

This is why Zen masters were single.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Fullhouse posted:

the Pagliacci of workplace harassment
:yeah:

I laughed.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Found my towns prosecutor mocking someone his office had prosecuted on social media. What can I do?
submitted 16 hours ago by ErikTheRedDeadViking

quote:

Per the title.

Indiana, USA

Found my local prosecutor on social media taunting someone his office had prosecuted.

I'm really not okay with this, and wondered who I should bring this to the attention of, or what else I can do.

Prosecutor apparently said "Always nice to meet a satisfied customer." Unprofessional, sure, but not against the law.

Now here's the fun part. The top comment:

quote:

Just saw this thread. I'm the person who made the comment to "Erik". The context of it was that he was using anti-LGBT slurs and other abusive language to describe the homeless population of our town and people who stick up for our local homeless population (I was arguing in our local sub that they're folks who need help, treatment and understanding). He told me that he hoped I was stabbed to death by one of the homeless people I was defending. I saw that he had bragged about doing time in prison a few posts previous, so I told him that it was nice to meet another satisfied customer (given his violent remarks, I had supposed at the time that he had done something violent, which is usually the main way a person gets sent to DOC in my jurisdiction- we're big on treatment, diversion, not arbitrarily putting time on people unless it's the only way to stop them from hurting somebody).

He then threatened to find me and track me down, deleted that username, then confronted me with the new Erik username as a concerned citizen, which seemed weird. And checking back up on it, I found this post.

Sorry that this business landed here and took up everyone's time. I'm glad that this is a resource for uncounseled people, and you guys did a commendable job trying to give him good advice. Thank you, and please don't let it discourage you from helping other people.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

La Brea Carpet posted:

This is bizarre as hell

I hope all of the comments are non-answers to or claims of ignorance about the problem.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Before enlightenment, ask wife, get no answer. After enlightenment, ask wife, get no answer.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
I wonder if she's Japanese. It seems to be a very Japanese trait to do everything they can to not answer questions directly for some reason - even simple questions. It's weird. Although this lady seems obnoxious even by their standards.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

HoAssHo posted:

I wonder if she's Japanese. It seems to be a very Japanese trait to do everything they can to not answer questions directly for some reason - even simple questions. It's weird. Although this lady seems obnoxious even by their standards.

I'll project that she has an amazing memory and doesn't want to be used as a search engine. It spilled over into the rest of the relationship.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
I bet she's answered those questions before on more than one occasion

The_end
May 17, 2014

La Brea Carpet posted:

Confirm her fears, and tell her that you are the only one that will ever put up with it.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

fruit on the bottom posted:

Yeah, probably. He says she won't even answer questions like "what did you have for lunch" so I have to wonder if she got sick of answering the same loving questions for him over and over (which he has no memory of having asked the first 3 times) to the point where she won't bother answering even stuff like that now. Like, maybe she figures what's the point if it's just going to go in one ear and out the other anyway.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

fruit on the bottom posted:

You bet she answered what she had for lunch that day multiple times?

There are people who lie about mundane poo poo, so I can believe there are people who refuse to answer mundane questions.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

HoAssHo posted:

Yeah, probably. He says she won't even answer questions like "what did you have for lunch" so I have to wonder if she got sick of answering the same loving questions for him over and over (which he has no memory of having asked the first 3 times) to the point where she won't bother answering even stuff like that now. Like, maybe she figures what's the point if it's just going to go in one ear and out the other anyway.

What a strange thing to assume, for real

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Should my husband [m34] give me [f33] a say in the house we are building?

u/throwaway19843229

quote:

I am a stay at home parent looking after our two young children as well as my 2 older children from a previous relationship so I don't work and earn any money. My husband has bought a block of land and we are planning to build a house but whenever I make suggestions or point out things I like he says he's going to build the house he wants and that my ideas are stupid and he says if that's what I want I should build my own house. I can't build a house because I don't have money and I am busy looking after the kids. Should I push to get my way on some things with the house even though I am not able to contribute anything or should I just keep quiet about it? He thinks I am ungrateful and complaining but I do feel grateful I just think it would be good to have a say in some things. He says I can either live in the house he builds and be quiet about it or live somewhere else.

TL;DR my husband is building us a family home but doesn't want to take into account any of my ideas because he is paying for it while I am a stay at home parent. What should I do?

hillarymaybeyoushouldrunforsomething.gif

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

hawowanlawow posted:

What a strange thing to assume, for real

That isn't even the weirdest thing suggested.

We had someone assume they might be Japanese.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

HoAssHo posted:

You had tuna salad? Tuna's for idiots. Why'd you have that when we have perfectly good leftovers just sitting in the fridge? Do you think I'm just made out of money? What's wrong with you?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
You, a buffoon: "How was your lunch?"
Me, enlightened: "Sir Winston Leonard Spencer-Churchill was a British politician who served as the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom from 1940 to 1945 and aga"

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
The problem is during chargen she didn't understand how social traits work, so she put all of her points into Whimsy and Charm such that all of his Considerate or Routine bids go unmatched.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

Blue Train posted:

Should my husband [m34] give me [f33] a say in the house we are building?

LOL if you don't have this song on a loop while reading this thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rpKQvVsi9Y&t=150s

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

CharlestheHammer posted:

That isn't even the weirdest thing suggested.

We had someone assume they might be Japanese.

That was me. I said "maybe" because I wasn't assuming anything. I was discussing possible reasons and the Japanese thing came up because I've had discussions about that being a Japanese thing with actual Japanese people.

Also, every man I've been with had to have the same poo poo repeated multiple times until it stuck, so it's super possible it's that.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

La Brea Carpet posted:

This is bizarre as hell

My brother was like this a lot when we were growin up. Just refused to answer mundane questions about stuff for seemingly no reason, like if mom and him went somewhere while I was playing games and came back, if I asked him where they went he would just not tell me or say something like "wouldn't you like to know". Nothing he'd need to be secretive/private about either, if I asked my mom afterwards she'd be like "oh we went to this store to pick up this thing he needed for school/hobbies/whatever". Hard to think of other examples off the top of my head but it was a fairly common thing he did and I never really got why, I think he just thought it was funny cause he knew it annoyed me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

HoAssHo posted:

That was me. I said "maybe" because I wasn't assuming anything. I was discussing possible reasons and the Japanese thing came up because I've had discussions about that being a Japanese thing with actual Japanese people.

Also, every man I've been with had to have the same poo poo repeated multiple times until it stuck, so it's super possible it's that.

Well my point was it was a weirder suggestion than the possibility she may be tired of his poo poo.