Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Just got this on PS4. PSN is GettadoggHigh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Lurdiak posted:

Part 2 Jason is pretty ambiguously haired. He's right in between blonde and red. Add some VHS fuzz, and...

Kinda looks like Meatloaf face-planted into some Super Sculpey.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
https://clips.twitch.tv/BreakableAmusedPepperoniJonCarnage

Unbalanced
Sep 29, 2005

Pharmaskittle posted:

I mean, like Jason, Irish Americans are considerably more likely to be both mentally disabled and prone to committing crimes. They were just being realistic.

:yikes:

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Olesh posted:

I present to you, a story in five parts (thanks for clipping this off Jade's stream, Dev)

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5

I was slow to watch this - being spread across 5 links and all - but I'm glad I did!

Here are a few of my favorites from streams:

Fats' Chad is fantastic - really captures the character. Harder to find clips for him (And I've posted a bunch already), but one of my favorite bits is how he round starts off with a story about his prized Porsche:

https://clips.twitch.tv/BreakablePoorBeefDBstyle

https://clips.twitch.tv/AverageVastHyenaDxAbomb

And Bikeman's Tiffany is my favorite thing about Friday the 13th.

Jason vs the Nerds: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLeGmTt_BTs

"Spring Break!" https://www.twitch.tv/videos/148192768?t=02h37m29s

"This just in!" https://www.twitch.tv/videos/148192768?t=02h55m15s

And finally, here's Let's Make a Devil Deal with your host, Jason Vorhees! https://www.twitch.tv/videos/148192768?t=38m23s

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Someone on 4chan just posted this.

quote:

I FOUND OUT WHAT JASONS MASK IS FOR
if you have it in your inventory and enter his hut Pamela won't warn him about the sweater

Anyone test it?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Doesn't Tommy have to wear the mask to do the kill on Jason? Or does it just require the machete? Otherwise it seems like a moot point because if Jason's mask is already off then you're already a fair way into the game which means you should have already escaped via cops or car by that point.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Jason IX seems alright, better shift is always welcome, he sure is ugly. I am mostly just happy to be done grinding him out though.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Burkion posted:

Freddy VS Jason Jason is coal black for some reason

They wanted him to look like a water-bloated corpse and apparently corpses that have been underwater for a long-rear end time go black.

Whether they ever go back is another question, though.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Axetrain posted:

Jason IX seems alright, better shift is always welcome, he sure is ugly. I am mostly just happy to be done grinding him out though.

IX has nasty weapon kills. I prefer VIII and IX because they have the most fun with their axes.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Burkion posted:

One thing that's shockingly easy to forget is that Jason is a white guy.

Mostly because he's black/grey in like, half the movies he has appeared in.

This only really came to mind because the Freddy VS Jason Jason is coal black for some reason, and of all the Jasons they could have used for the thumbnail, they choose one of the ones that aren't in the game.

Outside of that boat car escape is a feature, not a bug.

it not really easy to forget because they show him as a white kid. I can't tell if this was a serious thought in your head or you're trying some lame attempt at race baiting.

Everyone knows Jason was some deformed hick that became a not zombie.

Also, Tinfoil, I'm sorry I miss all your game requests bro, you either message me as I leave my Pc or when i'm playing other games with people. I've been obsessed with D3 and/or PUBG for some reason.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
They should rename this game "running toward the boat just in time to see someone jump in, start it, make eye contact with you, and then drive away"

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I dropped the map perk since I usually find one anyway but man it sure sucks when you don't.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Axetrain posted:

I dropped the map perk since I usually find one anyway but man it sure sucks when you don't.

I always have the map perk because I never find maps ever. good thing you don't really need maps when you play with pubs

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Carebearz posted:

I always have the map perk because I never find maps ever. good thing you don't really need maps when you play with pubs

"Anyone see the phone? I found the fuse."

"IT'S IN THIS CABIN!"

"Which cabin, where are you?"

"I DONT KNOW, I'M ONLY 13, I CANNOT READ. OH NO JASON'S HER...." *(cuts off suddenly)*

Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011

Carebearz posted:

This became much less of a problem when I learned about the directories having unlimited maps.

Also, if you are wearing the mask to take the sweater, doesn't that make it impossible to kill him, since one person would have both? Or can you drop the mask like equipment?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

"IT'S IN THIS CABIN!"

"I DONT KNOW, I'M ONLY 13, I CANNOT READ. OH NO JASON'S HER...." *(cuts off suddenly)*

Me: If you see a gas can, I have put the battery and keys next to the car at Stillwater Camp. If you see a gas can, I have put the battery and keys next to the car at Stillwater Camp.

Pubby Teammates: I have the gas. Where's the car?

Me: Stillwater Camp. Southeast.

Pubby Teammates: Nevermind I found a shotgun.

Me: Wait, where'd you drop the gas?

Pubby Teammates: In a house.

Me: Where?

Pubby Teammates: LEEEEEEEROOOOOOOOOOOY JEEEEEEENKINS

*far away sound of a shotgun missing and Jason killing some idiot*

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

"IT'S IN THIS CABIN!"

tinfoil, i'm sorry i keep missing your invites, I swear im not ignoring you, i was playing D3 last night :(

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Me: If you see a gas can, I have put the battery and keys next to the car at Stillwater Camp. If you see a gas can, I have put the battery and keys next to the car at Stillwater Camp.

Pubby Teammates: I have the gas. Where's the car?

Me: Stillwater Camp. Southeast.

Pubby Teammates: Nevermind I found a shotgun.

Me: Wait, where'd you drop the gas?

Pubby Teammates: In a house.

Me: Where?

Pubby Teammates: LEEEEEEEROOOOOOOOOOOY JEEEEEEENKINS

*far away sound of a shotgun missing and Jason killing some idiot*

On the other hand, I've seen a player refuse to let go of that car battery, even as we all piled into the fully repaired car that we had used the other battery on. Jason stopped us and the guy got killed, maybe he could have helped us fight if he had a weapon?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Basebf555 posted:

On the other hand, I've seen a player refuse to let go of that car battery, even as we all piled into the fully repaired car that we had used the other battery on. Jason stopped us and the guy got killed, maybe he could have helped us fight if he had a weapon?

Was he a Chubs McKenzie?

Or an actual productive member of society

You would have mentioned if he was a Chad, and a Chad wouldn't cling to a battery so tightly.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Basebf555 posted:

I slay all idiots and griefers. Adam with machete is a mini jason.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Burkion posted:

Was he a Chubs McKenzie?

Or an actual productive member of society

You would have mentioned if he was a Chad, and a Chad wouldn't cling to a battery so tightly.

It was that forgettable dude in the flannel shirt, what's his name again? I dunno why anyone would want to be that guy, he's aggressively mediocre.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I feel like his name is Kenny, but that's probably because I hate him and Kenny is such a dweeb scrub name

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
To me, that dude is and always will be JonTron if JonTron lost like 40 pounds.

Maybe just 20.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Basebf555 posted:

It was that forgettable dude in the flannel shirt, what's his name again? I dunno why anyone would want to be that guy, he's aggressively mediocre.

He's instantly a better character if you have the counselor outfit DLC, since it gives him a Hawaiian shirt instead of flannel.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Olesh posted:

I present to you, a story in five parts (thanks for clipping this off Jade's stream, Dev)

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5

this was quality

i hope jason X is introduced but its just jason from heavy rain and the car is an instant kill

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Kelp Plankton posted:

He's instantly a better character if you have the counselor outfit DLC, since it gives him a Hawaiian shirt instead of flannel.

Hell yeah, weird muted 80's Hawaiian shirt but still, it isn't flannel.

I like AJ's kitty shirt personally. Also seconding bikemans Tiffany is loving gold.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
Jason X should have extremely high grip strength and weapon damage, but he should not even be allowed in the water, like maybe he short circuits if he touches it. Make it so if the counselors somehow get to the boat they're home free, but give him scary strengths to balance it out.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Basebf555 posted:

Jason X should have extremely high grip strength and weapon damage, but he should not even be allowed in the water, like maybe he short circuits if he touches it. Make it so if the counselors somehow get to the boat they're home free, but give him scary strengths to balance it out.

pretty sure futuristic nano-bots aren't affected by water, otherwise how would they work in a bloodstream.

look at me, arguing the real world application of fictional science.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Basebf555 posted:

i would not mind non-uber Jason from X as well as the Jason from the reboot and JvF. Hell throw in part 4 as well.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Doesn't Tommy have to wear the mask to do the kill on Jason? Or does it just require the machete? Otherwise it seems like a moot point because if Jason's mask is already off then you're already a fair way into the game which means you should have already escaped via cops or car by that point.

Tommy must have the mask in his inventory and have a machete or axe. Even if true it's a fairly valueless detail because if you have the mask as a female counselor you want to find Jarvis to drop it off to him, and if you're organized like that Pamela's alert actually works to your favor because there's an axe static spawn in Jason's shack. The only way I can see it being helpful is if you clown Jason so hard as Vanessa you get his mask off, and you decide to go pay his shack a visit to get all the tools while trying to find Jarvis.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

My god, my sides hurt, does these kinds of tomfoolery happen often in this game?

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

GyverMac posted:

My god, my sides hurt, does these kinds of tomfoolery happen often in this game?

If you play with friends yea, but now with the improved matchmaking its a lot easier to jump into a lobby for one game and then get out if the people in there aren't fun to play with. It wasn't really practical to do that until this week when the wait times were 15minutes+. I did that last night, first two lobbies I went into were basically just silent, nobody talking or having a good time. So I'd just play one game and leave, then the third lobby ended up being cool so I stayed for a bunch of games in a row.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

GyverMac posted:

As often as you want it too if you play with friends. Just don't force it

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

I'm dying. I'm loving dying.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

WoodrowSkillson posted:

As often as you want it too if you play with friends. Just don't force it

If its not Counter Strike or Rocket League, chances of cajoling my so called friends into playing it is like zero. T_T

Keep the videos coming guys, I'll live vicariously through them until this game goes on a sale.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
Has anyone found one of Pamela's tapes yet

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I think the Xbox patch might not make it out today. Sad!

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lastdancer posted:

Yea a few people said they have. Not me though, I've been playing 3-5 games almost every single day since release and no tapes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Lastdancer posted:

I've got one. They are incredibly rate, but they are in the game.

It's likely unrelated, but I found it while playing as Chad.

Edit: It was in a drawer and you are prompted to loot it to pick it up, but it doesn't take up an inventory slot.

Floodkiller fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Jun 9, 2017

• Locked thread