Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

MZ posted:

Does WipEout have split-screen?

Yep! Horizontal or vertical too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

I know it was a pc & than xbox og game, but man....I NEEEEEEED a new Crimson Skies game!

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

MechaSeinfeld posted:

As long as we're talking reboots I'm surprised no one has taken a shot at doing something with the Crusader series. They brought back Syndicate and that was pretty okay I heard.

Crusader: No Remaster must have cheesy live action cutscenes or it will not be worth anyone's time.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

MechaSeinfeld posted:

They brought back Syndicate and that was pretty okay I heard.
While definitely not like the original it was the greatest FPS singleplayer campaign released for many many years, had an absolutely phenomenal co-op mode also.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Where's my gritty, serious reboot of Cannon Fodder.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

irlZaphod posted:

Where's my gritty, serious reboot of Cannon Fodder.

Some Russian shovelware spot bought the rights in the 2000s.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Yeah, there was a Cannon Fodder 3 released, that I never bothered to touch....god I loved the original on Amiga!

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I wish there was an Armored Core remaster collection for the PS4.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Ularg posted:

I wish there was an Armored Core remaster collection for the PS4.
I tried playing PS2 Armored Core games and holy poo poo their control scheme is abhorrent.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Samurai Sanders posted:

I tried playing PS2 Armored Core games and holy poo poo their control scheme is abhorrent.

I just finished For Answer again and boy I forgot how many missions are just super loving annoying, like the water laser blade arms fort.

Still better than ACV though.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Samurai Sanders posted:

I tried playing PSP Armored Core games and holy poo poo i threw my vita under a train

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

Nah.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

MrLonghair posted:

Some Russian shovelware spot bought the rights in the 2000s.

freeranger posted:

Yeah, there was a Cannon Fodder 3 released, that I never bothered to touch....god I loved the original on Amiga!

I was semi-joking, but I secretly knew that if I googled it, I would end up being disappointed by what I found. :(

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

cubicle gangster posted:

"Sure you can make a thing and call it that, we don't give a poo poo"

Pretty much this. They'll be happy to slap their logo on the box when the game comes out, but apart from allowing Yu to use the IP Sega's not directly involved.

Morby fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Jun 9, 2017

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I remember how my copy of Armored Core For Answer ran at like 1-5 FPS on a perfectly functional PS3.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
The PS2 Armored Core games owned even if controlling them was a loving nightmare. Hellyeah shoulder buttons to look up and down!

Armored Core 4 was hot goddamn garbage but I heard they got better afterwards??

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

4 was good and then they got much worse in fact

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Armored Core 5 did have some pretty sick songs though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNvBmhJe_L4

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 minutes!
Toilet Rascal
I'd play a Chromehounds reboot that isn't a trainwreck of balance and online management misfires.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Yodzilla posted:

The PS2 Armored Core games owned even if controlling them was a loving nightmare. Hellyeah shoulder buttons to look up and down!

Armored Core 4 was hot goddamn garbage but I heard they got better afterwards??

For Answer was pretty good, to everyone's surprise, and then it all nosedived sharply into the ground for V and Verdict Day.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Neddy Seagoon posted:

For Answer was pretty good, to everyone's surprise, and then it all nosedived sharply into the ground for V and Verdict Day.

After V I didn't bother with Verdict Day, how'd that one do in comparison? Better or worse than sitting for a few hours until you gave up and shot turrets until you returned the game?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Endorph posted:

nier automata, yakuza 0

i feel like they have enough rpg mechanics to count

Persona 5 is better than those (although they're both excellent) plus they're ARPGs which is a different beast altogether, 3/10

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

yeah like if i didnt know poo poo about any of those games and somebody recommended me nier or yakuza 0 as an rpg i'd probably be kind of pissed.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh is it time for the 'what's an RPG argument again?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sakurazuka posted:

Oh is it time for the 'what's an RPG argument again?

JRPG to me implies turn-based although there's some wiggle room obviously. FFXV kinda straddles the line especially with wait mode

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Tales games are JRPG's

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dark Souls is a JRPG

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

JRPGs:
- GTA V
- The Last Guardian

Not JRPGs:
- Star Ocean: Till The End of Time

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

oh you want an rpg? nba 2k is one of the best

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

Genuinely looking forward to Madden's story rpg this year :shobon:

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

A group of friends and I once had a discussion that devolved into WHAT IS AN RPG, and one particularly bull headed guy jumped on the definition that it is a GAME where you PLAY a ROLE. This was great because it led to Contra for the NES being an RPG.

Anywho, yeah, that discussion is stupid.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I greatly enjoy that every sports game is getting RPG modes, I love that stuff.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
What we CAN all agree on is Star Ocean: Til The End of Time is amazing for having the balls to waste the player's time for an entire disc before actually starting the story proper.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Dark Souls isn't a JRPG :can:

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
Zico has been beat. Currently sitting at number 23 on the global rankings for Anulpha Pass Venom, that'll do me nicely.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Your mom is a JRPG.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Checks out.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

After V I didn't bother with Verdict Day, how'd that one do in comparison? Better or worse than sitting for a few hours until you gave up and shot turrets until you returned the game?

It's better than V and has some actual AC plot beats, but it isn't enough to save it from its own mechanics. The best thing you can really say about it is that at least there's some Kawamori in it, even if just a little bit.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I got to say, I really love the introduction to Horizon: Zero Dawn. It just executes on its premise really well, and has a great buildup and decent pay off from beginning to the end of the intro chapter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

MrLonghair posted:

Your mom is a JRPG.

She's Japanese, and she plays a role in my game of sex and death.