Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Don't forget the US has Vermin Supreme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4d_FvgQ1csE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I'm down with Lord Buckethead's agenda, y'all

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
It's also worth mentioning that apart from genuine NAZI leaning UKIP Councillors or Tim Fallon (who is a devout bible basher) no one hates the gays. There used to be a joke that the only reason the Conservatives kept homosexuality illegal was so they could feel naughty as they hosed other men.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Oh my god, the full image is even better.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

MrYenko posted:

How is this not a parody of real life

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I thought being British was already a parody of real life

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

MrYenko posted:

I kinda want to know how the prize winning southern colonel did in the election.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

KildarX posted:

I kinda want to know how the prize winning southern colonel did in the election.

Well, he's a candidate from a well established political party https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Official_Monster_Raving_Loony_Party

It's a very expensive joke that has been running for decades, if you don't hit a threshold (1% or something) of the potential electorate in your given constituency then you lose your deposit (£500.)

They almost always lose it.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

TBeats posted:

Lord Buckethead is a real thing and that's not photoshops?

He apparently received over 200 votes this time, more than he received when he ran against John Major and Margaret Thatcher(!).

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Trump is currently giving a presser over infrastructure and brought binders full of props that he thumbed through and then tossed to the side.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Mr. Nice! posted:

Trump is currently giving a presser over infrastructure and brought binders full of props that he thumbed through and then tossed to the side.

That's my CinC!

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Mr. Nice! posted:

https://twitter.com/SteveKopack/status/873206617336156160

At this point it's less "look at these crazy regulations" and more "look at these swiss cheese holes in my brain"

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Yay, our fearless leader learned his presentation skills from loving Carrot Top.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Looking at the state of British politics, where hubris caused their version of the Reds to resort to joining with a terrorist organization to keep clinging to power, and comparing it to the US... I can say comfortably they they are still in better shape.

And that's accounting for part of the competition being a Sesame Street character, a Nazi, the Monster Raving Loony Party and Lord Buckethead.

Pretty sure, though it may have taken 240+ years, they can truly see that they got the better end of the Revolutionary War.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

TBeats posted:

Lord Buckethead is a real thing, and that's not photoshops

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Well, someone told the administration about al-Udeid airbase.

https://twitter.com/samsteinhp/status/873233808132374529

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/873235622462238720

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Uh that was a quick as gently caress reversal.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Blind Rasputin posted:

I don't think it was a reversal as much as Trump not knowing what the gently caress he's talking about.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
'You mean there are different kinds of A-rab?'

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Blind Rasputin posted:

Not so fast

https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/873251727469944832

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Usually it takes Donnie a day or two to contradict his aides. This time, it was an hour.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I gotta say Trump pissed me off a whole lot less during the campaign when it was plausible he was just saying and doing whatever he thought would get the best ratings so he could engage in some 1890's style mass graft

I'd rather have an actual corrupt piece of poo poo than this pre dementia dipshit

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Blind Rasputin posted:

How long have we been at war with Eastasia?

I can't keep track of what Trump is getting us involved in anymore.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I'm listening to this trump presser on radio and he's lost his goddamned mind somebody just no ballsed him into saying he's 100% willing to testify under oath and is rambling about tapes again right now.

Also confirms his commitment to article v if everyone pays their bills.

Also says "Comey confirmed everything I've been saying and a lot of his testimony simply wasn't true"

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

shame on an IGA posted:

Also says "Comey confirmed everything I've been saying and a lot of his testimony simply wasn't true"

What

This makes Trump sense I guess

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/873257031725199360

Ohhhhhhh man I hope this happens so much

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Like seriously are we sure they didn't slap a trump mask on mccain and send him out there

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

How many times will Trump perjure himself during the heaing and what excuse will Paul Ryan use to not start impeachment proceedings?

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Jun 9, 2017

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I'm going to throw the idea of term and age limits out there again. And I know Vasudus is going to jump on me on how that creates a brain drain of experienced politicians in government so I'll put it this way: do we really want the poo poo they're doing now being taught to junior politicians?And do we really need anybody 70+ making policies with reach far beyond their death?

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Term limits are absolutely retarded but after watching a few elected officials become shambling husks in their final terms maybe this is something worth discussing.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

tastefully arranged labia posted:

I'm going to throw the idea of term and age limits out there again. And I know Vasudus is going to jump on me on how that creates a brain drain of experienced politicians in government so I'll put it this way: do we really want the poo poo they're doing now being taught to junior politicians?And do we really need anybody 70+ making policies with reach far beyond their death?

Which will inevitably turn into people above the age of 60+ (or whatever arbitrary number) being disenfranchised. That's how dictatorships start.

I like the idea, but we can't have nice things without someone eventually loving it up.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Casimir Radon posted:

How many times will Trump perjure himself during the heaing and what excuse will Paul Ryan use to not start impeachment proceedings?

"Too rich and white for jail."

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Term limits are absolutely retarded but after watching a few elected officials become shambling husks in their final terms maybe this is something worth discussing.

10 terms for the House, 3 for Senate. There, problem solved.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

POTUS: "Look at those hands up Mr. President, do you have that in Romania too? If I could only sell that, if I could only sell that. Who would like to ask - Should I take one of the killer networks that treat me so badly as fake news, should I do that?"

Romanian Prime Minister: :chloe:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I can't wait for Trump to be the first president to make an insanity plea during his impeachment.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Flikken posted:

10 terms for the House, 3 for Senate. There, problem solved.

That'll just exacerbate short-term thinking because all of these assholes will spend their last term lining the pockets of one company or another so that they have a cushy mid-6 figure job waiting for them as soon as they get out.

Fister Roboto posted:

I can't wait for Trump to be the first president to make an insanity plea during his impeachment.

Second, Ronnie Raygun claimed to not remember important details of what he was up to during Iran-Contra.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Proud Christian Mom posted:

It would probably help encourage competition if you knew that someone had to be nominated at an interval sooner than "the last guy retired/died".

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Zeroisanumber posted:

That'll just exacerbate short-term thinking because all of these assholes will spend their last term lining the pockets of one company or another so that they have a cushy mid-6 figure job waiting for them as soon as they get out.

And this is different from half of the Pentagon how?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Flikken posted:

And this is different from half of the Pentagon how?

Half?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

This has been going around Facebook today. Good game, America.

• Locked thread