Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

PMush Perfect posted:

Netflix made a Death Note remake that literally nobody asked for. Kamen Rider isn't out of the realm of possibility.

Death Note has achieved some level of success here is the difference

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Oh it might be.

Toei is kind of bug nuts insane about the price for Kamen Rider and Super Sentai. Especially Kamen Rider. Crunchyroll has tried to get the rights to Kamen Rider before, but the price was way too high.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

There have technically been two official subbed releases of Kamen Rider in the west, Kamen Rider V3 and Kamen Rider The First. Problem is, they were released in a limited quality and are probably pretty hard to find now (I think V3 was exclusive to Hawaii for example).

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

:allears:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

EX AID 17 IS THE BEST

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that should have been his new base form instead of mighty action x

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Another fantastic toku week. Balance is a dick but also the best, or at least second best since Naga can't go a week without stealing the whole show. What a great face that guy has.

As for Ex-Aid, I really like when he jumps out of Maximum to fight in his base form at level 99 power. Maximum is fun but huge and clunky as heck so that's a neat way to get around it and let the base form get some action in without having to BS a reason for why it's doing anything against endgame level threats.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Neo Dan Kuroto is amazing

also
https://twitter.com/masked_eagle/status/872952410750107648

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Lame, that link lacks some of the best Neo Dan Kuroto images.

Here's all of them.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

It's great how Dan's dad is a walking avatar of capitalism.

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

My favorite thing about Masamune Dan, besides his name, is the fact that the most important piece of furniture in his office is his grand piano, which he plays slowly and forebodingly 24/7.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

MachuPikacchu posted:

My favorite thing about Masamune Dan, besides his name, is the fact that the most important piece of furniture in his office is his grand piano, which he plays slowly and forebodingly 24/7.

Yeah, I said this earlier, but it bears repeating. Everybody in that family is loving awesome, and they are probably my favorite Kamen Rider villains (/antiheros I guess, for Kuroto) in a very long time. Like, Heart was pretty good, but he lacked the flair for drama. The Energy Riders in Gaim were pretty good, too, but like as individuals.

Whereas Masamune and Kuroto are just always blasting at 100% professional-grade supervillain, and it's glorious.

Tragedienne
Sep 7, 2007

"I need your stage no longer. I dance for myself."
I am going to miss the hell out of Ex-Aid when it ends. Dan Masamune and SHIN Dan Kuroto are going to be very hard to top as villains go. The whole cast is amazing, and the series hasn't really hit a low point for me.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Tragedienne posted:

the series hasn't really hit a low point for me.

imo there was a definite lull before parad kills kuroto where the long-term antagonists felt kinda toothless and just kinda appeared and disappeared to sound vaguely menacing and give brave and snipe someone to fight while ex-aid fought the bugster of the week

but that one spoilered thing helped reset the stakes and my interest in the show hasn't really waned since then

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

MachuPikacchu posted:

Although it doesn't top the hilariously inexplicable bit in the Ryuki movie where Shirou Kanzaki out of nowhere while the Riders fight decides to rock out on the organ playing the song on the soundtrack called... "Shirou Kanzaki".

Yes, he plays his own theme music.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nc8DbehPwXU

This is your daily reminder that the Yakisoboy commercials exist.

And that Mr. Fujioka comes back down to earth as Segata Sanshiro, just to put a beautiful capstone on the commercial full of shoutouts.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jun 9, 2017

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

So hey, with E3 so close, I'm really hoping that we get a worldwide release of Genm Corp's new hit game, Kamen Rider Chronicle.

I've heard it's been quite the killer app in Japan!

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Blaze Dragon posted:

So hey, with E3 so close, I'm really hoping that we get a worldwide release of Genm Corp's new hit game, Kamen Rider Chronicle.

I've seen some bootleggers posting Let's Plays on Youtube!

Genm Corp takes them down super fast but the monsters look super realistic! I can't believe they can get that much power out of a handheld!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Blaze Dragon posted:

Stallion Cabana posted:

I've seen some bootleggers posting Let's Plays on Youtube!

Genm Corp takes them down super fast but the monsters look super realistic! I can't believe they can get that much power out of a handheld!
You two are either hype men or anime background characters giving plot exposition.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Switch version when?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Blaze Dragon posted:

Honestly I'm just hoping we get an announcement for the next Battride War game soon(and even though it's unlikely, I would love it if they announced an SEA English version)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

So Japan passed a law today that would allow Emperor Akihito to abdicate from the throne, which he's expected to do by the end of 2018. What this means for us is that the Heisei era is coming to a close and we'll have a third era to worry about when classifying karate bugmens.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Waffleman_ posted:

So Japan passed a law today that would allow Emperor Akihito to abdicate from the throne, which he's expected to do by the end of 2018. What this means for us is that the Heisei era is coming to a close and we'll have a third era to worry about when classifying karate bugmens.

Wonder if we'll lump the Post Decade Riders into the new era or not.

That's what the Godzilla fandom did with Return of Godzilla and Godzilla VS Biollante, and the Kamen Rider franchise has done the reverse with Shin, ZO and J, dubbing them Showa Riders despite very clearly taking place in the Heisei Era.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

W and onward's unofficially been Neo-Heisei for a good few years now, hasn't it?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

PMush Perfect posted:

W and onward's unofficially been Neo-Heisei for a good few years now, hasn't it?

That's what makes me wonder if we're going to roll them into the new era or not.

Neo Heisei is just kind of stupid to say considering what the Showa and Heisei eras ARE. There's no actual difference between the Heisei era of Kuuga and the Heisei era of W because it's the same drat thing, the show just changed radically.

We did a similar thing with the Godzilla fandom, incorporating two Showa Era films into the Heisei era because they fit the mold there more, and they were the start of the Heisei Era of films up to 1995's Godzilla VS Destroyah.

We ended up calling the series of largely unconnected films after Destroyah the Millennium Era due to it beginning with Godzilla 2000, at the dawn of the new Millennium. Likely, 2014 and Shin are going to be rolled into whatever the new Era is going to be, due to their displacement from the rest.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Burkion posted:

Wonder if we'll lump the Post Decade Riders into the new era or not.

That's what the Godzilla fandom did with Return of Godzilla and Godzilla VS Biollante, and the Kamen Rider franchise has done the reverse with Shin, ZO and J, dubbing them Showa Riders despite very clearly taking place in the Heisei Era.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Couldn't we just call it the Decade Era, since all of the KR from Kuuga to Decade were deliberately looped under the same umbrella?

Edit The Decade Decade? :j:

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I've heard it called hesei phases one and two

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Waffleman_ posted:

Just use broadcast antennas instead.

Tokyo Tower era and Skytree era.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

PMush Perfect posted:

You two are either hype men or anime background characters giving plot exposition.

Look man he can bring my girlfriend back to life but will only do it if Kamen Rider Chronicle sells very well in the west, I don't have many choices.

I mean, Dan Masamune is a great boss and Kamen Rider Chronicle is the best game, it totally needs that worldwide release and everyone should buy it, regardless of what those awful Japanese doctors say. Enter the game! Riding the end!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Guys, I think Blaze Dragon might be having a stroke.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

PMush Perfect posted:

Guys, I think Blaze Dragon might be having a stroke.

Have you ever heard of Kamen Rider Chronicle? It's only the best game to release since, ever!

Tragedienne
Sep 7, 2007

"I need your stage no longer. I dance for myself."
Has anyone seen a a Rider with pink spikey hair? Is this a rare character or a new player skin? The instruction manual is all in Japanese and I can't read a word of it.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Tragedienne posted:

Has anyone seen a a Rider with pink spikey hair? Is this a rare character or a new player skin? The instruction manual is all in Japanese and I can't read a word of it.

I think I heard that it's one of those rare characters, but google translate's not very good with the manual. :sigh:

I just want to find some customization options, this brown is really getting me down.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

StrixNebulosa posted:

I think I heard that it's one of those rare characters, but google translate's not very good with the manual. :sigh:

I just want to find some customization options, this brown is really getting me down.

I saw this player with a bag and a hat on videos of the Japanese servers. She seemed to be pretty high-level, maybe that unlocks the custom clothes? Would be nice to know before the western release.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

PMush Perfect posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nc8DbehPwXU

This is your daily reminder that the Yakisoboy commercials exist.

And that Mr. Fujioka comes back down to earth as Segata Sanshiro, just to put a beautiful capstone on the commercial full of shoutouts.

OK.

What the gently caress did I just watch? :psypop:

Commercials in Japan are so loving weird.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Importer here, AMA.

- posted from the hospital

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Cernunnos posted:

OK.

What the gently caress did I just watch? :psypop:

Commercials in Japan are so loving weird.
Oh, you ain't seen nothin' yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE-pZcKkyxA
UFO Kamen Yakisoban - Super Famicom (1994)

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
Guys guys! It looks like you can pre-order Chronicle on Amazon!

https://www.amazon.com/BANDAI-Ex-Ai...Rider+Chronicle

It apparently comes with some kind of wearable system? It must be some kind of server connector so you can upload your high scores.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Stallion Cabana posted:

Guys guys! It looks like you can pre-order Chronicle on Amazon!

https://www.amazon.com/BANDAI-Ex-Ai...Rider+Chronicle

It apparently comes with some kind of wearable system? It must be some kind of server connector so you can upload your high scores.

I've heard about those! They're apparently normally dropped by rare characters, they must give some sort of power-up. I can't believe they're selling them, game's not even out and it's already becoming pay-to-win. I'm very disappointed.

• Locked thread