Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Pretty sure it is also story locked. His last quest has him super Saiyan blue, and I got it to trigger after fighting with Beerus

that makes me feel much better thank you. I was hoping it was just "go farther in the story" but because all the other ones were available from the gate I got cold feet I might miss stuff if I went too far forwards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

The little doctors are back,
they want to play with you!
PQs are irrelevant for story advancement.

Lacermonia
May 15, 2002

Lollerich posted:

PQs are irrelevant for story advancement.

Except for the first one that is required to advance the story

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Ok here's a really dumb question:

I'm a female and want to play a female character (Ki focused). However, I want to play Frieza's race because its animations are awesome and Golden Frieza form is a thousand times better than the human female's form. Frieza things are male/genderless/have no tits, whatever is going on with them.

The question is are there any clothes that could be considered feminine on the male body shape? I already chose max skinniness/smallest size and a reddish pink and white color scheme with the most feminine facial features possible. It looks androgynous on the feminine side, which is perfect, but I'm still struggling with clothing choices. By sheer luck I found an incredible QQ bang, so stats don't matter.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

extra row of teeth posted:

Ok here's a really dumb question:

I'm a female and want to play a female character (Ki focused). However, I want to play Frieza's race because its animations are awesome and Golden Frieza form is a thousand times better than the human female's form. Frieza things are male/genderless/have no tits, whatever is going on with them.

The question is are there any clothes that could be considered feminine on the male body shape? I already chose max skinniness/smallest size and a reddish pink and white color scheme with the most feminine facial features possible. It looks androgynous on the feminine side, which is perfect, but I'm still struggling with clothing choices. By sheer luck I found an incredible QQ bang, so stats don't matter.

I found Fasha's armor is pretty good with that, but I think you can only get that on weekends. Also the wild rider suit, but IDK if you can get that before postgame.

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

I'm wondering if I'm the only one struggling with high level AI opponents. I've finished the basic story, and I think I'm doing missions now that are from a DLC(: Level 80+ and fighting Hit an Cabba)

It seems that Hit and Cabba and cpu enemies in general, like in high level PQ and Expert missions e.g. Goku, are almost impossible to beat.
I'm talking about stuff like being ping-ponged across the fighting area with no chance to counter or recover until you're knocked out, or poo poo like Goku backhand slapping you every time you do a z-vanish, which should be impossible, because you sure as gently caress can't do it to him, even if you expect him to z-vanish you just can't attack him until he hits you.

I'm level 86 and so fed up with this bullshit I don't even feel like continuing, and I've only done about 20% of all the available side content like PQ and expert missions. And yet, I have all the the (saiyan) transformations and the alternate ending.

The only time this is fun anymore is when I play with real people, but arranging that is almost impossible in the game itself due to the limited chat function, unless you know someone off steam who is also playing and that is pretty rare.

Unless you play with randoms which can be good, but usually isn't.

Chachi
Jan 7, 2006
Blue sparks and big fucking shells.

:dukedog:
Some characters are more bullshit to fight against than others. Goku is monumentally frustrating because his back-hit to intercept your vanishes is so much faster than most others'. Best I can say is experiment with side and backstepping, make use of evasives to stagger him or knock him away, and practice perfect guards. A successful perfect guard gives you about a full second to haul off and clock him.

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

This is going to sound stupid, but I'm serious.

How do I sidestep or backstep? How do I perform a "perfect guard"?

What specifically do I have to press for that to happen?

I'm playing on PC but I'm using an XBOX One Elite controller, so the controls should be the same as on the XBOX.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Just tap the boost button to step. Hitting the vanish button while stepping will do a short teleport that generates a tiny bit of ki and gives you invincibility frames to dodge poo poo.

Perfect Guard is timing based, gotta' block at the moment their hit would connect. It drains a bar of their stamina and WILL stamina break them if they're low enough.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Mikedawson posted:

I found Fasha's armor is pretty good with that, but I think you can only get that on weekends. Also the wild rider suit, but IDK if you can get that before postgame.

Sadly the wild rider suit still looked butch on her.

I'm posting again after figuring something out just as an FYI to others who want to make a girly looking Frieza race: One easy way to make them look feminine is to hide their ridiculously ripped muscles. I used the King Piccolo Demon shirt (Turtle in this screenshot because :effort: ) and slim pants the same color as my skin to make them look like slimmer legs, I think Captain Ginyu's, but fairly sure there is more than one model. Also, IMO the most high pitched voice is Voice 3.

Also, is it just me or does the game reward lower scores to strict Ki users? Me and my boyfriend are running through all the PQs and I'm trying to catch up to him in exp, which means shooting for high marks. It looks like if I go in and punch people in the face a bit I'm almost guaranteed a Z/S even though, as an all-Ki Frieza, that is not the smartest playstyle. If I hang back and snipe while letting the NPCs/my bf tank, even if I'm shooting actively and using supers and ultimates, the game never rewards me over a B. My QQ Bang awards 5 Basics on top of Ki Blast supers, so I'm not exactly wasting time by punching enemies out, but it still seems counterintuitive especially against higher level AI. The only time I get a high grade while sticking to Ki is if the enemy dies really loving fast, like if the bf and I manage to chain the GET OUT OF MY SIGHT :byodood: doom ball without any blocks or misses.

RickDaedalus
Aug 2, 2009
I'm not sure how you're playing, but you can find out what's causing the difference in your score by comparing the bonuses you get when you punch people vs. blasting them. The bonuses are what you want so when the results screen comes up, see what is and isn't showing up. Highlighting them will tell you how you got it, so if it's not showing up, you aren't doing what you need to be doing.

Also, scoring works slightly differently when you play in a group. You will get bonuses based on who did the most damage, KOs, support, and who took the most damage. If you're hanging back, I'm willing to bet your bf is getting all the points because he's tanking everyone. It's actually much easier to get a higher score when you play by yourself. The outnumbered bonus helps out a lot.

There is also a z-soul called "40 ton weights" which doubles your end score, but it's only available once you beat the game. An NPC above the PQ lobby gives it to you. I don't remember if you can trade z-souls, but it doesn't hurt to ask if someone you know has it.

AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

Don't combos boost score?

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Yeah, stuff like combos and throws will up your score. I think even dodging out of combos and such also counts. So if you're never in any kind of physical combat, you miss out on those bonuses.

Sadly the wild rider suit still looked butch on her.

I'm posting again after figuring something out just as an FYI to others who want to make a girly looking Frieza race: One easy way to make them look feminine is to hide their ridiculously ripped muscles. I used the King Piccolo Demon shirt (Turtle in this screenshot because :effort: ) and slim pants the same color as my skin to make them look like slimmer legs, I think Captain Ginyu's, but fairly sure there is more than one model. Also, IMO the most high pitched voice is Voice 3.

Can they use the Zangya stuff? I haven't gotten it, but it's also available at the TP shop on weekends. Other than that, my best guess would be the other robe-like attires, or maybe the stuff that takes after Jaco's chest piece.

Sherry Bahm fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Jun 1, 2017

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

Yeah, stuff like combos and throws will up your score. I think even dodging out of combos and such also counts. So if you're never in any kind of physical combat, you miss out on those bonuses.

Can they use the Zangya stuff? I haven't gotten it, but it's also available at the TP shop on weekends. Other than that, my best guess would be the other robe-like attires, or maybe the stuff that takes after Jaco's chest piece.

Zangya's gear looks much different on males (if my Googling is accurate, not able to buy it yet). That's the real problem, a lot of cute female items have a much different model for men and the Frieza race causes clothes to either default to male or are not allowed to be worn at all. I can understand why they did it, probably to eliminate the chance of people running around in comedy drag, but it still sucks.

The only legit "robe" I can think of that looks like one even on males is the four star Dragonball outfit.

Mr. Creakle fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jun 1, 2017

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

The only legit "robe" I can think of that looks like one even on males is the four star Dragonball outfit.

That was actually my first thought, but that's human/saiyan only.

Girl choices are pretty bloody limited, with human/saiyan and fembuus literally having the same body shape and thus looking similar save for their unique race equipment. Not to mention females always being two feet smaller than their male counterparts no matter what you do.

And of course all the dudes are roided to the T, except Buu's.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I just got Xrd Rev 2 and love it, so this would be amazing if it's going to be as balanced as that!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea as someone who just got Xrd Rev 2 I had no idea how badly I wanted them to do a DBZ game until now. That could be cool as hell.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I'm imagining two characters firing kamehamehas (or equivalents) at the same time and when the beams hit the entire thing pauses and they do a panaromic 360 sweep around the action.

Chachi
Jan 7, 2006

Pureauthor posted:

I'm imagining two characters firing kamehamehas (or equivalents) at the same time and when the beams hit the entire thing pauses and they do a panaromic 360 sweep around the action.

If that doesn't happen you'll eat my hat.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

What game do you guys think implemented beam struggles the best?

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Rolling around at the speed of sound.

Raxivace posted:

The DBZ mod for half-life 1, where both parties pour more power into the beam so that when one side finally loses the entire map gets gibbed.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Raxivace posted:

Fusions made it work in a turn based game and let you do cool poo poo like counter X10 Big Bang Kamehameha with a shot from a .45 revolver

Chachi
Jan 7, 2006

Ardryn posted:

The DBZ mod for half-life 1, where both parties pour more power into the beam so that when one side finally loses the entire map gets gibbed.

Earth's Special Forces was supremely my poo poo back in the day :hellyeah:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Kelp Plankton posted:

Fusions made it work in a turn based game and let you do cool poo poo like counter X10 Big Bang Kamehameha with a shot from a .45 revolver

yea Fusions turn based system turned out pretty drat clever with it letting you make beam struggle a reactionary defense option rather than a random thing.

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
Never could get into the guilty gears proper but i quite enjoyed the persona 4 fighting game they made.

Hopefully it manages to feel like dragonball and isn't just a standard 2d fighter with goku in it. Stuff like beam struggles, flying, transformations, and zwee fighting are all hella cool.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

I am playing a new baby striker to compliment my Ki blasting Frieza. It's an entirely different playstyle and I have no idea what I'm doing. What are some good melee supers/ults for PvE?

Gonna have to make room on my bar for Sauzer Blade because it's the loving Zamasu Handsword. I hope it doesn't suck

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

It is absolutely depressing that you can't get an energy sword as your basic melee move like the main man Zamasu himself.

RickDaedalus
Aug 2, 2009
Melee supers is pretty much whatever you want, so long as you can combo into it. Sledgehammer is the best strike move because it can lead into other combos super easily and very quickly.

Melee ultimates has always been slim pickings. The two best ones are Justice Combination and Dragon Fist. JC comes out really fast and does really good damage. DF is the strongest strike ult in the game. There's also Death Meteor which can combo from a distance so it's good if you do a lot of knockback. If you care about punching, you'll be disappointed because DM is literally throwing a bunch of rocks. Victory Rush is a free teleport and pretty good overall. Sometimes the tracking can mess up and if that happens, you'll eat a stamina break.

Everything else is trash. Damage will be too low or the windup is too long. Spirit Sword should be really cool, but the second hit will almost never land. It also doesn't work against Great Apes, which is weird because it did in XV1.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OH9mzgBVbA0

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

this game looks so good yall

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Dragonball Xrd is going to own.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
That Golden Freeza

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Squallege posted:

That Golden Freeza

StrifeHira posted:

I found this and it's even better

https://my.mixtape.moe/sgvujr.webm

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Golden Freeza appearing in the trailer is good because it tells us that the game won't be limited to Z content. That said, and fully knowing it's probably too early to speculate, I wonder if Goku and Vegeta will have "Super" variations of themselves for Super Saiyan Blue. It seems the transformations are quite limited (other than Buu, who has no transformations, everyone we've seen starts transformed, and the two that did show another form skipped a middle form and went straight to their strongest, counting Goku as manga/Z Goku and not full-continuity Goku) so I wouldn't be surprised, and with Golden Freeza there's no way that Super Saiyan Blue won't be in.

Other than that, I really wonder about the roster. I know nothing about Guilty Gear, how are those games roster-wise? Should we expect a lot/very few/a respectable amount of characters?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Blaze Dragon posted:

Other than that, I really wonder about the roster. I know nothing about Guilty Gear, how are those games roster-wise? Should we expect a lot/very few/a respectable amount of characters?

You should expect both DLC and traditional revisions with additional characters but it's hard to say how many characters will be there at launch - Arcsys games don't usually launch with a ton of characters and the faux-2D tech means individual characters tend to take a while to make, but this is a 3v3 game and probably has a higher budget than their usual stuff so who knows.

My prediction, 24 or so characters at launch, a few DLC characters and then a revision in a year or so that adds all the big players from the upcoming Super multiverse tournament.

Chachi
Jan 7, 2006

Are we to take from this that the game's going to be exclusive to microsoft consoles? Because if so :barf:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

It was already announced for PS4 and PC, calm down.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
It's pretty rare for a Japanese game to be Xbox exclusive as far as I know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Squallege posted:

It's pretty rare for a Japanese game to be Xbox exclusive as far as I know

Metal Wolf Chaos. :japan: