Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Can a cool goon invite RighteousNoPantsLegacy to the guild?

Got you.

I can also invite on beta as well. @BugsyBetaBow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
The consolidation of the Sewers and removal of Warehouse is glorious

karrethuun
Jun 6, 2011
can someone invite Karsa_Thuun

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

whypick1 posted:

The consolidation of the Sewers and removal of Warehouse is glorious

This news legit has me more interested than most of the other stuff I have heard.

Fixit
Mar 27, 2010
Guild seems very empty. Everyone waiting for 3.0 to come out? Anyone got some sweet HOWA gear to sell cheap if no longer playing?

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

NPR Journalizard posted:

This news legit has me more interested than most of the other stuff I have heard.

That was easily my least favorite section of the previous 4 acts, so yea, I'm really excited to never have to do that again.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Warehouse is by far the worst zone in the entire game.

Koam's dream is a close second tho. "Fire voidzone the level" is not a lot of fun, especially with that gently caress-you enemy group in the end that is harder than the actual boss.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Michaellaneous posted:

Warehouse is by far the worst zone in the entire game.

Koam's dream is a close second tho. "Fire voidzone the level" is not a lot of fun, especially with that gently caress-you enemy group in the end that is harder than the actual boss.

and it used to be even much worse, gently caress you Triskelion or whatever blue spike dragon thingy :mad:

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

On both of my runs, on normal and cruel, those loving pieces of poo poo statues almost wiped me. On normal more so than cruel. Just spamming their lovely fireballs all over the place.

Ugh. The actual end-boss of the game. Malachai was less stressful than that.

Michaellaneous fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Jun 10, 2017

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Goa Tse-tung posted:

and it used to be even much worse, gently caress you Triskelion or whatever blue spike dragon thingy :mad:

Triskeriaki the Party Snake is still there and is my friend.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

poe.trade is working on the beta now. Thank christ. Trade channels are a cancer.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Playing without poe.trade is agonizing.

LordNat
May 16, 2009
Can someone invite Unionman to the beta guild?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

How did the self found no trade league turn out ? Did goons find it fun ?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

euphronius posted:

I watched others play it, and unless you grind endless hours it seems to be unfun because your builds are limited.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Goa Tse-tung posted:

I watched others play it, and unless you grind endless hours it seems to be unfun because your builds are limited.

Some goons have really enjoyed it relative to the normal leagues. Hauki especially seemed to prefer it. Its not for me, but whatever floats your boat.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Solo self found is the first seven hours of a new league for me.

I'm glad that GGG added it though, and it's such a painless way to swap back to a normal league.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Turns out I've blown enough money on stuff that I got a beta invite :gaz: Were there any big changes to summon stuff with the beta? I apparently cannot make anything other than necromancers.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Michaellaneous posted:

On both of my runs, on normal and cruel, those loving pieces of poo poo statues almost wiped me. On normal more so than cruel. Just spamming their lovely fireballs all over the place.

Ugh. The actual end-boss of the game. Malachai was less stressful than that.

The trick is to just ignore that dude and walk past him :ssh:

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I feel like SSF is basically the 'non-structured' gameplay option, PoE normal often comes down to picking a build and then completing it, then starting over by picking another build or playing the market or just quitting until next league. In comparison SSF is like a randomizer, builds get picked for you by the game depending on what drops and you're freer to have fun with the game's system instead of just throwing all your currency into stash until you can trade it for items. Downside is playing SSF seems like it'd be a lot less fun if you aren't the type who's fine rolling new characters several times per league (to take advantage of good drops).

E: Speaking of, I haven't really been around for longer races before. Will the 1-week races have trading and if so, will they have poe.trade? What build I go for will pretty much depend on that.

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008
Can anyone invite me on beta? Name is BetaAlpha

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

can I get an invite to Queeb on the beta as well? thanks!

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Insurrectionist posted:

I feel like SSF is basically the 'non-structured' gameplay option, PoE normal often comes down to picking a build and then completing it, then starting over by picking another build or playing the market or just quitting until next league. In comparison SSF is like a randomizer, builds get picked for you by the game depending on what drops and you're freer to have fun with the game's system instead of just throwing all your currency into stash until you can trade it for items. Downside is playing SSF seems like it'd be a lot less fun if you aren't the type who's fine rolling new characters several times per league (to take advantage of good drops).

E: Speaking of, I haven't really been around for longer races before. Will the 1-week races have trading and if so, will they have poe.trade? What build I go for will pretty much depend on that.

if they use normal race rules then you can group but not trade in town, and obv no Masters means no hideouts either

but it says I week Legacy so it might be a normal league with league rules idk

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Goa Tse-tung posted:

if they use normal race rules then you can group but not trade in town, and obv no Masters means no hideouts either

but it says I week Legacy so it might be a normal league with league rules idk

Hmm, guess we'll see then. I'm starting with the same class either way and I'll probably take a couple days to reach the point where trading makes much sense anyway.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

euphronius posted:

I found it fun, more so than I really expected. I started it on a lark because I was burning out on regular legacy inside of the first week. It was an interesting change of pace and different challenge. Like someone else said, instead of just picking a build and going with it, buying whatever you need to build it then pushing to speed running shaped strands, it becomes all about leveraging what you have to get the best use out of it. End game lab becomes completely loving stupid though. I have 20+ offerings, a dude at 89, another dude in the high 80s and I'm still 4/6 I think. I'm also still stuck on like T13s, and I only got that far by running all the red map layouts I ordinarily despise.

Unfortunately, there's only so many builds that can push higher maps with garbage or random gear until you start building a decent collection, so it can feel kind of restrictive at times. I'm not sure how much I'll play it in the long run, but as I said I enjoyed it more than I expected last league. It was also strangely exhilarating not having to interact with poe.tr and pubbies at all.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I think SSF in the one week and two week races are fine, now that people have their cheevos and their turbo builds

but yeah holy poo poo endgame trials need to be deterministic, like make it a zana mod "Map has 1 Trial" for 2c or whatever

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Completing a merciless lab with max keys should give a guaranteed trial portal in the reward room

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
What is this "Merciless" of which you speak? :cheeky:

Derp, the lab selection page still says N/C/M

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Jun 10, 2017

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That outlaw armor set for 60$ looks pretty dope.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
I think I am going to try for 100 on legacy while the beta is going on.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

funmanguy posted:

I think I am going to try for 100 on legacy while the beta is going on.

I'm thinking of going for 40/40 because I hate myself and I'm out of other games.

reaftotha
Feb 26, 2013
Can I get an invite to the beta guild? IGN is reafa_crimmings.

bummer cars
Apr 3, 2009
Can someone invite beetaduelist to the beta guild? Also what's the best leveling area when you're done with Act 7 now that merc dried lake is gone?

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009

bummer cars posted:

Can someone invite beetaduelist to the beta guild? Also what's the best leveling area when you're done with Act 7 now that merc dried lake is gone?

Who knows? There's still 3 unreleased acts, and considering they are all "remappings" of old acts maybe dried lake will still be there, except it won't be as dry or something.

Seeing as there's no balance changes in yet, I'm just using beta time to test the new content with league starter conditions.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Stangg posted:

Who knows? There's still 3 unreleased acts, and considering they are all "remappings" of old acts maybe dried lake will still be there, except it won't be as dry or something.

Seeing as there's no balance changes in yet, I'm just using beta time to test the new content with league starter conditions.

I'm pretty sure he's asking for now in the Beta, not for later. As in he wants to grind and level so he can try out maps.

Edit: To answer, I spammed Dread Thicket. The area is small, the enemies are compact, it's easier to navigate than the vaal city, and due to the fairly limited layout you're guaranteed not to miss any essence or master.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jun 10, 2017

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Sorry, anyone who hasn't been invited to the beta guild. It's full up and can't invite any more. And we can't add space because all microtransactions are disabled.

Maybe someone can start a second guild if there's enough interest.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Is there a reason not to build around Viper Strike? I've been experimenting with the sphere grid and different skills plenty these past couple days and with the discovery of PathofBuilding got to compare some actual numbers. From what it says the Pathfinder variant I brewed up puts out over 2mil dps with unoptimized equipment and to be honest I'm a little shocked. Is every skill possible to build around?

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I've heard a few things about Viper Strike being ahead of the curve right now.

J
Jun 10, 2001

myDad posted:

Is there a reason not to build around Viper Strike?

Viper strike is a single target melee skill, also referred to as a "namelock" skill. Meaning you have to click directly on every badguy to hit them. This tends to feel a lot worse to play than skills where you can just click in the general direction of the badguys and blow them all away from a distance. If you don't mind this, then by all means go ahead and try it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
I'm not sure I understand how race prizes work. When it says 100x beta keys for level 30, does that mean only the first 100 players get beta keys? Or is it a random selection from the prizes listed for that level, so the first 400 players get a random prize from the listed items? It wouldn't make sense for everyone who reached level 30 within a week to get 100 of each of those things...

• Locked thread