Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sexy mouse
Sep 18, 2008

sexy eye~
sexy nose~
sexy mouse~
don't you know~
one more bump before bed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

this was a game for the ages, I'm just happy that the games are competitive

still think the Warriors will close out but it's good betting time

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

So can we talk about how loving funny it was that KD was trying to step to LeBron?

he looked like he was on the verge of tears the whole time too, lmbo

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
So, before tonight, the last time the Warriors lost with Steph, KD, Dray and Klay in the lineup was February 4.

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

It's all a matter of perspective...
Grimey Drawer

Can't get transition points when the other team shoots 500% from 3 and o- rebounds the rest

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

AggressivelyStupid posted:

That's like me trying to step to Brock Lesnar, for real.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Salt mining:

[–]ForgotAboutDre_ 168 points an hour ago
NBA destroyed history to make that money. I hope we close it out on Monday.

[–]etsuandpurdue3 41 points 53 minutes ago
I hope we bring up how LeBron is a bitch

[–]3PointTendency 237 points 54 minutes ago
hey refs ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

[–]KidCujo 309 points 54 minutes ago
One of the worst games I have ever watched. gently caress the refs and gently caress the NBA.

[–]untouchable765 20 points 57 minutes ago
Even when we close this series out games like this make me completely hate the NBA. They will rig games just to extend series and increase profits. Can't respect a league that does that poo poo. No way anyone could watch that 1st quarter and say that game wasn't rigged. No loving way.

https://www.reddit.com/r/shills/comments/4kdq7n/astroturfing_information_megathread_revision_8/ also once I was reading over an article about Chevron in Ecuador and three different posters copy and pasted the exact same water-muddying paragraph https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSa6ePdUsAU2wcE.png:large then later all three accounts disappeared on the same day. Honestly it makes sense if you're a bigass company why not try to control your public image by hiring out a few people to vote-manipulate one of the world's central news hubs?

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
Yeah Cavs were shooting every shot. Kinda hard to win like that

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

AggressivelyStupid posted:

LeBron you mean? I think he was just sweaty https://streamable.com/8du9z

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

E2M2 posted:

Yeah Cavs were shooting every shot. Kinda hard to win like that

i just ran the numbers and it looks like you're right, the cavs shot all they shots they shot

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

WhyteRyce posted:

So which NBA superstar is Draymond calling up right now for help?

*Draymond fumbles through contact list, dials a number*

"This is LeBron"

"Wait poo poo" *frantically tries to hang up*

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

EvanTH posted:

no, kevin

lebron looked confused to me

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
This is why Kerr can't win a championship. He's too conservative and sticks with centers too much like he misses the sweet touch of Luc Longley every night.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Tae posted:

This is why Kerr can't win a championship. He's too conservative and sticks with centers too much like he misses the sweet touch of Luc Longley every night.

Kerr already won a championship?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

EvanTH posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/shills/comments/4kdq7n/astroturfing_information_megathread_revision_8/ also once I was reading over an article about Chevron in Ecuador and three different posters copy and pasted the exact same water-muddying paragraph https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSa6ePdUsAU2wcE.png:large then later all three accounts disappeared on the same day. Honestly it makes sense if you're a bigass company why not try to control your public image by hiring out a few people to vote-manipulate one of the world's central news hubs?

yeah this stuff happens nonstop and isn't a conspiracy theory. they usually euphemize it as "reputation management."

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

There is no conspiracy. Refs got intimidated by a raucous home crowd early. They got intimidated by star players later in the game. Was just a really bad officiating crew.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

DeimosRising posted:

Kerr already won a championship?

Just be happy he spelled the words right.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

EvanTH posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/AndyGray35/status/873396973981896704

Also KD doesn't look 3" taller than Lebron

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

KD posture hosed up

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

this was some pretty good acting by IT imo

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Shear Modulus posted:

i just ran the numbers and it looks like you're right, the cavs shot all they shots they shot

well, shoot

Spoeank posted:

*Draymond fumbles through contact list, dials a number*

"This is LeBron"

"Wait poo poo" *frantically tries to hang up*

i lol'd

zoux posted:

Also KD doesn't look 3" taller than Lebron

~perspective~

yeah, yeah poe's law

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Bigger rear end in a top hat, Draymond Green or people that say that LeBron dunk was a technically a travel

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

WhyteRyce posted:

Bigger rear end in a top hat, Draymond Green or people that say that LeBron dunk was a technically a travel

you ask too much of us, sir

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

now kiss

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Shear Modulus posted:

yeah this stuff happens nonstop and isn't a conspiracy theory. they usually euphemize it as "reputation management."

I know but I always feel defensively listen-i-know-this-sounds-crazy-but-I'm-not because it's as conspiratorial as it comes, especially since the consequence is making one severely question the veracity of most major media outlets. But it's exactly what I'd if I was evil. It's very smart and it takes great advantage of the snowballing nature of social media.

great shot. I like the bookending symmetry by the refs

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

BetterLekNextTime posted:

Can't get transition points when the other team shoots 500% from 3 and o- rebounds the rest

Seeing this made me check and see how many rebounds T. Thompson got. He hit double digits! Look at him show out for the Kardashian Klan. He even referred to himself in the third person after the game

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Shear Modulus posted:

this was some pretty good acting by IT imo

:mad:

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

That picture is really, really good.

https://twitter.com/dragonflyjonez/status/873404527172628480

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Fast Luck posted:

That's a low rent comment

Good then they should be able to afford it in Ohio.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
I'd like to spend the last week or so posting about how amazing LeBron has been this series but I can't so I'll repost this poo poo:

quote:

[Zach Lowe] "LeBron scored 39 points with 11 reb and 9 ast on 15/27 shooting in 46 minutes. He sat for less than 2 minutes and they were -12 in those 2 minutes and +7 with LeBron on this floor. LeBron has nothing to apologize for and anyone who is going to hold this over his head is a moron."

CavaliersRyanW1019 1598 points 13 hours ago*
It gets even better/worse. During the quarter break, they reviewed an earlier Lebron jump shot and changed it from a 2 to a 3, meaning the 2nd quarter started 39-32. So the only point scored by the Cavs while Lebron was on the bench was scored by...Lebron.
Kill me
also RJeff played really well this game. He hustled for a bunch of loose balls and actually did okay staying in front of KD

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

He is the best player on the planet by a mile and can only be stopped by a bunch of crybaby bitches teaming up.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

TildeATH posted:

Lmao HIYOOOOO

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

EvanTH posted:

I'd like to spend the last week or so posting about how amazing LeBron has been this series but I can't so I'll repost this poo poo:

also RJeff played really well this game. He hustled for a bunch of loose balls and actually did okay staying in front of KD

He did. He had some moments where he looked legit ancient but made so many great plays. I feel like one could finally quantify why it's better to have a team of semi-washed vets rather than a team of super talented rookies if they could just find a way to statistically describe the things people can do when they are loving desperate to keep their ancient career going.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

TildeATH posted:

Goddamn lol

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/873421923237203973

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Rick posted:

He did. He had some moments where he looked legit ancient but made so many great plays. I feel like one could finally quantify why it's better to have a team of semi-washed vets rather than a team of super talented rookies if they could just find a way to statistically describe the things people can do when they are loving desperate to keep their ancient career going.

IMO the best kind of semi-washed up vet to have on a team is the former all-star that learned to pass out of a double team when they were good. Those guys just see the game better than younger guys with potential. A great example of a current player like this is Vince Carter.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Did anyone see Shumpert's outfit on arriving to the arena

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
I don't like some of the lineups Kerr plays. He's always had a bad habit of playing some lovely rear end dudes like Festus Ezili in the last minutes of game 7 but he put out a lineup tonight that had 1 shooter (Klayberto T.) while down 20. What the gently caress? I mean Mike Brown played Matt Barnes in non-garbage minutes but maybe that was just to slow the game down or something idk

I am genuinely concerned about the Warriors but they're going into Oakland...if they don't finish the Cavs on Monday 1) fire Steve Kerr 2) they lose the series

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Cleveland still has to win 4 in a row. If they'd nutted up and won game 3 this would be different, but the road is very much uphill for them. That being said, Cavs in 7.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mehrunes
Aug 4, 2004
Fun Shoe
What a disappointment. I think the Cavs could have won on their own but the NBA ruined it again.

• Locked thread