Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
what are the tapes? just little cutscenes to watch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

GyverMac posted:

Keep the videos coming guys, I'll live vicariously through them until this game goes on a sale.

LMAO this game will be deader than the Freddy franchise before it goes on sale.

Time to live on water soup.

MacheteZombie posted:

what are the tapes? just little cutscenes to watch?

Badly acted audio tapes of cops interviewing Mrs. Voorhees after Jason drowned.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Badly acted audio tapes of cops interviewing Mrs. Voorhees after Jason drowned.

so they stuck true to the acting from the first movie, 10/10 goty

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Carebearz posted:

so they stuck true to the acting from the first movie, 10/10 goty

Oh now, I thought the OG Mrs Voorheez sold the 'lunatic' thing.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

A. Beaverhausen posted:

That's because Betsy Palmer loving owned.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

A. Beaverhausen posted:

she did, but the dialogue was still terrible. I still love it though.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
You guys keep saying Jason X but it sounds like you're talking about Uber Jason. Jason X is the one that was in the first 95% of the movie. :eng101:

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

...! posted:

You guys keep saying Jason X but it sounds like you're talking about Uber Jason. Jason X is the one that was in the first 95% of the movie. :eng101:

He'd be good, too. We need another machete Jason, that much is certain.

Fosson
Feb 26, 2011
I need to stop drinking while I play. My last 3 times as Jason have been laughably bad. lol I couldn't catch Tommy at all for some reason and I kept getting clowned by him and his bat at every door, then he vanished. gently caress.

Man, those stuns where you aren't knocked down seem like the worst. It's like a flat 20-30 seconds of not moving and no prompt to shake it off.

Also, found out I am really really loving bad at stopping cars. Shouldn't even try at this point!

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Fosson posted:

I need to stop drinking while I play.
no

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

lol I'm gone for a week and this game is buggier than ever

Fosson
Feb 26, 2011

You're right. I need to drink more and just go all in.

Although the other night I did this as Chad and my last game I just ended up sprinting everywhere I saw counselors and laying traps behind unlocked doors :v:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

weekly font posted:

The game is much more stable than it was at launch but when it does crash, for me it always does so just near the end of a round and it's mega loving frustrating. Judging from the errors I'm getting I'm pretty sure the lovely third-party anticheat software is the culprit too. If you can't do better than VAC just gently caress off.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I really loving love Jason X's design. He's got probably my favorite hockey mask just for how weird and square it is.

Uber Jason I just love the eyes for. They really did a good job with the eyes, giving him a lot of great expression.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Fosson posted:

You're right. I need to drink more and just go all in.

Although the other night I did this as Chad and my last game I just ended up sprinting everywhere I saw counselors and laying traps behind unlocked doors :v:

last time i drank and played i attained a drunken mastery status where i ninjaed out of a map in under three minutes by perfectly and silently repairing the boat, got the cops called after i dropped some firecrackers on the phone to ward off jason (he was all the gently caress over me)

it owned

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

McSpanky posted:

The game is much more stable than it was at launch but when it does crash, for me it always does so just near the end of a round and it's mega loving frustrating. Judging from the errors I'm getting I'm pretty sure the lovely third-party anticheat software is the culprit too. If you can't do better than VAC just gently caress off.

On Xbone it feels like it crashes once every four to five games. I wish the update that they said was most likely coming this Thursday or Friday had made it out but I'm betting it won't be here until Monday or Tuesday at the earliest. How many updates have the PC and PS4 versions had? I think the Xbone version has had only one and it launched with the beta version of the game.

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Why did the circus close?

A long, chilling list of animal rights violations.

Coolguye posted:

last time i drank and played i attained a drunken mastery status where i ninjaed out of a map in under three minutes by perfectly and silently repairing the boat, got the cops called after i dropped some firecrackers on the phone to ward off jason (he was all the gently caress over me)

it owned

IN MY DEFENSE

I didn't know at the time you could just re-break the phone box to stop the call.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

McSpanky posted:

That and people can sell your perks.

Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011
I feel like the perk system should have been skill tree based and not this slot machine. Like D3's Paragon system.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Scalding Coffee posted:

That and people can sell your perks.

It's cant be a very high chance though. I've been playing non stop for three days, never had it happen.

Homeroom Fingering
Apr 25, 2009

The secret history (((they))) don't want you to know

weekly font posted:

I find it depends on who you're with. Goons, bunch of cooperative streamers, or a guy who screams like a girl (always a plus) and everyone's having fun? Crash. Someone who goes into length about what races he doesn't like, spends the game hiding under a bed or someone who thinks it's funny to attack everyone else? poo poo that connection is completely rock solid.

Fosson
Feb 26, 2011

Coolguye posted:

it owned

Hahaha yeah my drunken Chad moves are on point. See the cops are called, gamble on the escape, if I'm wrong well I'm totally equipped to jog down that loving road making a mad dash with a flare, firecrackers, and a knife for good measure.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
So after binging on a bunch of Ohmwrecker's videos I picked this up on ps4. Just in time for my weekend too. I'm going to add Goon Campers and hopefully we can get into drunken murder shenanigans.

PSN: DravenRaziel

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Playing with a group on PS4 msg me and I'll get you in the next game. Woodrowskillson on psn

And as I post this the party blew up and I'm taking a break.

WoodrowSkillson fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Jun 10, 2017

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
So I guess I disrespected some ancient bushido honor? A pubbie kept yelling at me that he had a pocket knife. So I axed him instead of grabbing. He was upset.

My first round as Jason was a 7/7 killed. 10/10 will Jason again.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

A. Beaverhausen posted:

It's cant be a very high chance though. I've been playing non stop for three days, never had it happen.

I'm guessing streamers are a big target but other than that it's just whether you piss off the wrong person. From what I heard you have to inspect the game's packets or whatever to get the person's id so I doubt it's too terribly widespread.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

swordfish duelist posted:

So I guess I disrespected some ancient bushido honor? A pubbie kept yelling at me that he had a pocket knife. So I axed him instead of grabbing. He was upset.

One of my favorites was

A pubbie Kenny: Jason, if you let me go I'll tell you where everyone is hiding.

Me, Jason: If they're all in one place then you have nothing to bargain with. *press X* *split his legs open like I'm dressing a turkey*

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

There's a weird thing with pubbies and getting mad when you use the melee attack as Jason. I do not understand it other than they are pubbies and thus awful.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.
Finally got to play Jason and be a micspammer.

I didn't realise I was sending so loud :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97eh2DPkS3g

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

That's the loving worst.

I get that if you're a bad Jason, you'll probably hack and slash.

But if you're a good Jason, you'll hack and slash, too, because you know that counselors probably have pocket knives and will outrun you if you pick them up without doing some damage. Yea guess what bitch, if I'm walking after this encounter, so are you.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

this is anecdotal, but i'm reporting it just the same because holy crap I played a lot of jason tonight.

so i have Jason preference set to on. this isn't new, if you want to play Jason loving EVER you need to have that set. if you have no preference you will never, ever play Jason.

since i've played a couple rounds as all the Jasons now I decided to say eff it and set up a random jason. well, i did that tonight, and out of 9 games i played over almost as many different lobbies, i had 5 games as jason. it was insane. i had 3 in a row.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Basebf555 posted:

It was that forgettable dude in the flannel shirt, what's his name again? I dunno why anyone would want to be that guy, he's aggressively mediocre.

That's me.

In game and in real life. I've only played for one night, so I really haven't figured out my play style yet. I do like my map and baseball ball stun perks though.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

joylessdivision posted:

There's a weird thing with pubbies and getting mad when you use the melee attack as Jason. I do not understand it other than they are pubbies and thus awful.

It's cheating if you do something actually deliberately designed to be one of the many of the game's checks and balances.

If you don't grab, they can fight back with a weapon. If you do grab they can struggle or use a knife.

As we said a few pages ago, after level 20 it's practically insane that there are matches where Jason isn't a prison bitch with a mop wig.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

joylessdivision posted:

A few days ago I had a game where people screamed at me for being a "noob" for not killing them cinematically enough. They also complained at another guy for not using grab kills they liked. When I got to be Jason again I made sure to do all melee kills. This game is hilarious.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

god dammit game why can i only have 3 rows of perks gently caress you

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Coolguye posted:

god dammit game why can i only have 3 rows of perks gently caress you

Sell some perks they aren't all worth keeping., especially any swimming perks.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

"Remember me, Jason? When I killed your mother? I talked, JUST, LIKE, THIS!!!"

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spacebump posted:

A few days ago I had a game where people screamed at me for being a "noob" for not killing them cinematically enough. They also complained at another guy for not using grab kills they liked. When I got to be Jason again I made sure to do all melee kills. This game is hilarious.

Just killing people as Jason is new poo poo. I get it, your Jason so you want to kill them all. But after a while just murdering everyone in 5 minutes isn't fun for you or them. So you go for the rare poo poo like tree stumps, bird baths, and beach chairs. Also, you get more points using environmental kills and different kinda of kills. If you are a good Jason you can break 2k every match while making it fun for the other players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Coolguye posted:

this is anecdotal, but i'm reporting it just the same because holy crap I played a lot of jason tonight.

so i have Jason preference set to on. this isn't new, if you want to play Jason loving EVER you need to have that set. if you have no preference you will never, ever play Jason.

since i've played a couple rounds as all the Jasons now I decided to say eff it and set up a random jason. well, i did that tonight, and out of 9 games i played over almost as many different lobbies, i had 5 games as jason. it was insane. i had 3 in a row.

I have my preference set for counselors and I've come up as Jason a handful of times. I'm not sure if that's because everybody in the lobby had counselor-only preference or if you always have a small chance of getting picked, but it's happened.

• Locked thread