Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
There are a lot of Hevicrysts and Purecrysts to be had from the The Gathering story event. I've got three or four of each kind now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chaitai
Apr 15, 2006
Nope. I got nothin' witty to go here.

College Slice
Is there a decent reroll macro floating around out there? I'm getting sick of rerolling and just want someway to automate it.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Cry Havoc posted:

thanks

6 x t4 and 3 x t5 for enhanced ramza's song hmm

wonder if we'll even be getting it anytime soon

maybe they're delaying it like with orlandu

i am almost positive at this point we wont see ramza enhancements until they release that other unit that can do what he can do. if we dont end up seeing those wol enhancements until after that 4* aoe tank you can probably just straight up guarantee it

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I'm using Dana's Noctis, but I would like to have the fight go a bit faster IMO. What would be a guaranteed way to keep the party alive for awhile in Phase 2 so they can at least contribute to the fight? Dana's Noctis is cool but the rest of the party easily eats 5000+ HP damage from the both of them with resistances up.

It gets to the point sometimes where I decide to gently caress it and let Typhon snort me out of battle. I'd really like to get him some help!

Armitage fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Jun 10, 2017

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Armitage posted:

I'm using Dana's Noctis, but I would like to have the fight go a bit faster IMO. What would be a guaranteed way to keep the party alive for awhile in Phase 2 so they can at least contribute to the fight? Dana's Noctis is cool but the rest of the party easily eats 5000+ HP damage from the both of them with resistances up.

It gets to the point sometimes where I decide to gently caress it and let Typhon snort me out of battle. I'd really like to get him some help!

Stack equipment-related elemental resist. Water especially, also Earth, Fire, Wind. LIghtning if you can get it, but not as important because that's later in the cycle and they'll probably be dead by then.

Buffs will not help you, Acid Rain removes them.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I was, say, 80% of the way done with phase 2 of the Ultros Showdown, and I plugged my phone in because it was literally about to die after nearly two hours, switched over to Settings so I could tell the battery to calm down and stop auto dimming to the point where I couldn't see what was going on and it decided to dump me back to the difficulty selection screen.

Rainbowbeard's gettin' angry!

The good news is, constant Point-Warping will get the job (slowly) done, figured this out after I got snorted away the first two times because I got distracted by something on the Meatspace Realm demanding my immediate attention. Warp Break is faster against Chalupa, yes, but Point-Warp is idiot-proof, and I have demonstrated that is what I am, so... :v:

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I was, say, 80% of the way done with phase 2 of the Ultros Showdown, and I plugged my phone in because it was literally about to die after nearly two hours, switched over to Settings so I could tell the battery to calm down and stop auto dimming to the point where I couldn't see what was going on and it decided to dump me back to the difficulty selection screen.

Rainbowbeard's gettin' angry!

The good news is, constant Point-Warping will get the job (slowly) done, figured this out after I got snorted away the first two times because I got distracted by something on the Meatspace Realm demanding my immediate attention. Warp Break is faster against Chalupa, yes, but Point-Warp is idiot-proof, and I have demonstrated that is what I am, so... :v:

Yeah, the anti-cheat stuff in this trial is really annoying since it's kinda crashy too. :( Here's hoping the next time goes better!

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
People recommend Ling and Orlandeau for Atk breaks but I had forgotten Fryevia had a 50% break too. Those extra % make a difference.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
hosed up the esper kill in the new, annoyingly long, story thing. So now I have to spend 100 NRG so I can go gently caress up again because Esper kills are so bloody annoying...

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
The one that rewards the trust moogle or the one that rewards MP +15%? Because one of those is definitely not worth that much energy.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer

Dana Crysalis posted:

Yeah, the anti-cheat stuff in this trial is really annoying since it's kinda crashy too. :( Here's hoping the next time goes better!

I screwed up my first run because I point warped too early (lost focus and wasn't sure what was up), and got snorted when I landed. Gonna try again, but I'm bringing a Setzer since even only a single proc of double dice max damage will probably be more gross damage than my entire team was capable of putting out over the whole fight on the first try.

Edit: oh man that worked great until I hosed up and let Dana be snorted. Then Setzer killed Ultros first and everything went to poo poo. Got Chupon to about 5% when he just hit everyone for 15k damage.

Palleon fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Jun 10, 2017

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Mischalaniouse posted:

The one that rewards the trust moogle or the one that rewards MP +15%? Because one of those is definitely not worth that much energy.

The moogle. AND I loving did it again because Olive's mortar landed and killed her. Thankfully I quickly force closed the game, rebooted which restarted the turn and reset her mortar and was able to grab it.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Any need to have 2 WoLs for the future? My 1/2 pull today got me another. Just curious.

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Without any relevant TMs besides Dual Wield, should I be running with Cheezo or Firion for chaining with Friendlandeaus? My best weapons are Genji Blade, Gungnir x3, and Chirijiraden, and my MVP is Olive.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
The fact that you can't go back and redo one of the stages while you're still in the map if you miss a condition is retarded

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

got a few lucky rolls to make the fight much shorter, but Orthros/Typhon have been beaten! Kept Setzer alive and he maxed out on the damage on Typhon three times! I kept him from using Snort too.

I got Orthros down to about half health too with some lucky rolls, but then everyone except Dana's Noctis died. Did Thunder Flask/Alterna and Point-Warp when Hailstone was coming.

It felt good to be a little lucky and to provide some help to Dana's Noctis until the inevitable happened. Thanks Dana!

Armitage fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Jun 10, 2017

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

hagie posted:

Any need to have 2 WoLs for the future? My 1/2 pull today got me another. Just curious.

Not really a need for 2. If you ever want to double tank you'd probably want to mix in someone like Cecil for healing and cover.

jaclynhyde posted:

Without any relevant TMs besides Dual Wield, should I be running with Cheezo or Firion for chaining with Friendlandeaus? My best weapons are Genji Blade, Gungnir x3, and Chirijiraden, and my MVP is Olive.

Firion is a finisher. so you won't be chaining off him. Chizuru is hard to chain off others though because her hits all happen so fast. You don't really need Firion if you already have Olive.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever

jaclynhyde posted:

Do you happen to have two Chizurus? If so, you can set up 2x Chiz and Olive finish for some real good damage.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

PaybackJack posted:

hosed up the esper kill in the new, annoyingly long, story thing. So now I have to spend 100 NRG so I can go gently caress up again because Esper kills are so bloody annoying...

I missed the 15% and don't know how. I saw the Ramuh lightning crash at the end.

Such a dumb condition.

Also, threw a bunch of tickets at the banner today for an Amelia. Got a Ilias, a bunch of Camiles and I'm 10% closer to Magistral Crest.

God, I hate Vanille.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

HGH posted:

People recommend Ling and Orlandeau for Atk breaks but I had forgotten Fryevia had a 50% break too. Those extra % make a difference.

if all you need is attack break freyvia is really great, bonus is the ice resist is somehow relevant, but for stuff with mixed damage like titan being able to break both at 45% with one ability is still unmatched

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Yeah I was just using it for Ultros, since he's only Atk breakable and loves spamming regular hits.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
So I pulled Amelia and Fohlen. Apparently Fohlen's 100 ability is a wind version of Divine Ruination (requires him or someone else to give the elemental debuff, though) and Amelia has curaja, offense and defense breaks, innate dual wield for guns, and a 10-hit attack. Hello new team members.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

BDawg posted:

I missed the 15% and don't know how. I saw the Ramuh lightning crash at the end.

Such a dumb condition.

Also, threw a bunch of tickets at the banner today for an Amelia. Got a Ilias, a bunch of Camiles and I'm 10% closer to Magistral Crest.

God, I hate Vanille.

I also got Vanille # who knows at this point today.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
I got Dark Knight Cecil while fishing for Amelia. He'll be best buds with Delita.

At least he gets decent enhancements. Still lacking a truly hardcore physical DD, which really holds you back on trials.

No Amelia, though. :smithicide:

Varance fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Jun 10, 2017

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Fohlen is pretty drat strong but right now he's hampered by poo poo gearing options. Also wind is sort of a bad element since not a whole lot of things work with it right now.

Japan is getting new characters. Season 2 Finna "White Lotus". Strong healing, strong mp recovery that has built in refresh, her TM is a hat with ribbon built into it. Also some weird hybrid damage 6 legged cat thing that can equip swords and rods. And a ninja dog because why the gently caress not!?

e-red mage cat has a TM that boosts attack when equipped with a sword and magic when equipped with a robe. Our global units grow even stronger

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jun 10, 2017

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

owned.jpg

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
The difficulty spike in this is cracking me up. Everything so far has gotten destroyed quickly.

Then I get to the shark and realized I underestimated the situation greatly...

Got the no-heals but not the limit burst kill

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

hagie posted:

The difficulty spike in this is cracking me up. Everything so far has gotten destroyed quickly.

Then I get to the shark and realized I underestimated the situation greatly...

Got the no-heals but not the limit burst kill

Yeah it gets insane very quickly.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.

Varance posted:

I got Dark Knight Cecil while fishing for Amelia. He'll be best buds with Delita.

At least he gets decent enhancements. Still lacking a truly hardcore physical DD, which really holds you back on trials.

No Amelia, though. :smithicide:

I was looking at the enhancements linked earlier, and it looks like DKC gets a really, really good Dark resist debuff, that I'm hoping will synergize really well with Elza. Are there any characters that get a chainable, unmitigated darkness move? So far it seems like we've got Orlandu, Fryevia, Fohlen, Aileen and pretty soon Tidus for light, ice, wind, ground and water respectively.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

hamburgers in pockets posted:

I was looking at the enhancements linked earlier, and it looks like DKC gets a really, really good Dark resist debuff, that I'm hoping will synergize really well with Elza. Are there any characters that get a chainable, unmitigated darkness move? So far it seems like we've got Orlandu, Fryevia, Fohlen, Aileen and pretty soon Tidus for light, ice, wind, ground and water respectively.

If you don't mind spoilers, Dark Veritas is effectively Dark Orlandeau. Better, I believe given some of his passives.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Yeah, after the Orlandeau/Aileen/Tidus trinity he's the next new standard for physical damage dealers.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
Balls. Got Ultros down to 10% left in the trial. One more good RNG roll of double dice would have won me the fight, but the game had to juke me like 5 times.

Not too rough for my first try though. I figure it's just a matter of time til I beat this one.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
For the fourth attempt with Dana's Noctis, I was around 80% clear but I decided to Warp Break instead of constantly Point-Warp.

GUESS WHAT HAPPENED.

Maybe 5th time will be the charm...

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Huh, what's up with this Roper monster in the Room of the Masters in the Chamber of Gems? I have a maxed Xon and two maxed Lockes, and three times it's appeared and didn't drop anything. :confused:

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

For the fourth attempt with Dana's Noctis, I was around 80% clear but I decided to Warp Break instead of constantly Point-Warp.

GUESS WHAT HAPPENED.

Maybe 5th time will be the charm...

achoo! :(

Side-note, when Chupon is very low on health there is a potential for a one-shot from the two of them, it might be safer to defend and Point-Warp the last 5% of his damage.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
Just picked this up. Seems interesting!

For clarification: When you're done rerolling, it's OK to link it to your real Facebook at that point, right? You're only using it as a convenient login/logout to get the reset. I would be playing on multiple devices so I'd like to do that.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
JP Update: White Lotus Fina is this week's new overpowered character, another "Season 2" main character. Limit burst is damage + Light/Dark imperil and grants the party Reraise. Trust mastery is a hat with 10 DEF, 24 MAG, 51 SPR and immunity to all status ailments.

Three other characters are also included, but I'm unsure of the name translations. Maintenance hasn't happened yet, so moves are still yet to be datamined.

Varance fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Jun 11, 2017

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*

Prism posted:

Just picked this up. Seems interesting!

For clarification: When you're done rerolling, it's OK to link it to your real Facebook at that point, right? You're only using it as a convenient login/logout to get the reset. I would be playing on multiple devices so I'd like to do that.

Yeah, but don't link your real Facebook until you're satisfied with your roll, you can't undo it.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Mischalaniouse posted:

Yeah, but don't link your real Facebook until you're satisfied with your roll, you can't undo it.

Hopefully I didn't do it back when I played right when it came out for about an hour. I decided I didn't have time for it then, so I'm pretty sure I didn't, but I'm not sure how to check short of logging in as it and seeing if things mess up. I guess if I did I can make a second dummy Facebook account and permalink it to that, it's not like I use Facebook on my tablet much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
So when I finish The Gathering, am I supposed to repeat the final stage and hope for Giancryst drops?
And hey, BF is coming back around!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZpESXSnOmo

• Locked thread