Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Only a few of the objects in Pikmin 2 are real products, I think.

It's not like Chibi Robo where every item is a licensed candy and the every description can be summarised as "wow I'd love to buy this product!!!!!"

Re: amiibo support in Hey! Pikmin: the Mario, Animal Crossing and Splatoon (but not Splatoon 2) series figures all produce in-game items for you to find. The new Pikmin amiibo gives you free Pikmin and will give you more Pikmin if you level it up, and it'll also give you one other random amiibo item the first time you tap it. The Olimar Smash amiibo gives you a fixed number of Pikmin.

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Jun 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007
A buddy and I just got N3DSs and are looking for an rpg that we can coop online. What are a few titles we could check out? Enjoy most rpg types but looking more for something that is easy to pick up and put down if that makes sense. Only rpg we've tried so far was monster hunter 4 which wasn't really our bag.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
There's the batteries and some soda brands but most of the treasures are just random junk. Give me more games like Great Cave Offensive and Pikmin 2

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Dustoph posted:

A buddy and I just got N3DSs and are looking for an rpg that we can coop online. What are a few titles we could check out? Enjoy most rpg types but looking more for something that is easy to pick up and put down if that makes sense. Only rpg we've tried so far was monster hunter 4 which wasn't really our bag.

There aren't many games of this type on 3DS - Fantasy Life is pretty much the only one that doesn't suck. There's also Zelda Triforce Heroes which isn't an RPG but does have elements of character customisation/loot, but that requires 3 players and probably wouldn't be much fun with some random dude tagging along.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Looper posted:

There's the batteries and some soda brands but most of the treasures are just random junk. Give me more games like Great Cave Offensive and Pikmin 2

The Great Cave Offensive was so drat good. I wonder why they've never done a second one.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
still upset about the death of the chibi-robo series tbh

my boy deserved better

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

The Great Cave Offensive was so drat good. I wonder why they've never done a second one.

Amazing Mirror felt like an expanded Great Cave Offensive.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
If I lost a 3DS, is it possible to still get the games that were on there onto a newly bought 3DS?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Only a few of the objects in Pikmin 2 are real products, I think.

Nope, every treasure that is a product is a real one. But I always liked that about it because it was funny to try and see Olimar interpret them.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Cicero posted:

If I lost a 3DS, is it possible to still get the games that were on there onto a newly bought 3DS?

Call Nintendo and give them the serial number and your NNID; they can do the system transfer remotely.

Your saves are lost though :(

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Regy Rusty posted:

Nope, every treasure that is a product is a real one. But I always liked that about it because it was funny to try and see Olimar interpret them.

What I meant was the percentage of treasure that were licensed products was pretty low... but now I'm looking at the list and it seems that about 20% of them were brand-name objects, albeit ones that could probably be replaced without much fuss.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Dustoph posted:

Fantasy Life should be your bag! You can't do the main story quests co-op, but you can do pretty much anything else: complete job-specific quests, collect loot, and there's also a DLC post-game dungeon that's perfect for co-op. Lots of rare loot and tough enemies. (The DLC is 8 bucks or something.)

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Dustoph posted:

Your real mistake was considering Monster Hunter 4 an RPG. It doesn't help that Nintendo also classifies it as one. It's a (really demanding) action game with loot and stats.

I'll echo Fantasy Life as a really good choice. The whole world is co-op navigable, and there are world bosses and stuff that are a lot easier with a party. It's very MMO-lite.

Uh, Final Fantasy Explorers is a game that I would literally only recommend to people in your exact situation. If Fantasy Life is MMO-lite with pleasant life-sim elements, Final Fantasy Explorers is MMO-medium where it's just a series of raid fights in boss arenas, with some kinda barren overworld stuff in between. It's excruciating in single player, but I could see it being fun with a friend.

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009

Dustoph posted:

Gotta Protectors is worth looking into. It's charming and fun plus coop!

Edit: just noticed you said online. I'm pretty sure it only has local coop. Whoops! Still a great game.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

https://twitter.com/deepsilver/status/872838149877235714

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Deep Silver are good people :allears:. I just hope we get the Collector's Edition of Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Well they managed to get SMT4A here only 3 months after NA, and Persona 5 released in the same week. They're good people.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I'm in London this week and I neglected to check if my 3DS chargers were 100~240V rated, since the chargers on all my other devices were, and it looks like they're only 120V. Will this be a problem? My travel adapters don't convert voltage so I don't want my 3DS to blow up if I plug it in. If so, where can I go to get a USB charger / UK adapter around here?

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Electric Phantasm posted:

Amazing Mirror felt like an expanded Great Cave Offensive.

You're absolutely right, I had no idea! I think I skipped that one since it seemed Four Swords-esque and that game was so much better with friends and I knew I'd never get enough people together for it. Definitely looks like one worth going back to.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

raditts posted:

I'm in London this week and I neglected to check if my 3DS chargers were 100~240V rated, since the chargers on all my other devices were, and it looks like they're only 120V. Will this be a problem? My travel adapters don't convert voltage so I don't want my 3DS to blow up if I plug it in. If so, where can I go to get a USB charger / UK adapter around here?

Any standalone 3DS charger will work. The local EB Games/Gamestop equivalent should have them.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

So my new 3DS seems to have started randomly shutting itself off while in sleep mode, with a full battery. This has happened a couple of times now during the past week and it's loving awful. Any ideas as to what's going on? It's a couple of years old at this point.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Hyrule Warriors Legends, $22: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/hyrule-warriors-legends-nintendo-3ds/9507151.p?skuId=9507151

Tomodachi Life, $11: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-selects-tomodachi-life-nintendo-3ds/5408000.p?skuId=5408000

Pteretis
Nov 4, 2011

PlasticAutomaton posted:

So my new 3DS seems to have started randomly shutting itself off while in sleep mode, with a full battery. This has happened a couple of times now during the past week and it's loving awful. Any ideas as to what's going on? It's a couple of years old at this point.

Is there a chance that the power button is being pressed?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

raditts posted:

Look for a local Game or CEX, they should have something.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Out next month in Japan: Pictlogica Final Fantasy ≒ (pronounced Nearly Equal because even puzzle games need stupid subtitles), a free-to-play Final Fantasy-themed Picross game with RPG elements; it's based on the mobile game of the same name from a few years ago but the puzzles are new and they've added a quest mode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F48LLeLAAs8

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Jun 10, 2017

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

More Picross makes me glad but after Pokémon Picross, "free-to-play Picross" does not instill me with confidence.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Out next month in Japan: Pictlogica Final Fantasy ≒ (pronounced Nearly Equal because even puzzle games need stupid subtitles), a free-to-play Final Fantasy-themed Picross game with RPG elements; it's based on the mobile game of the same name from a few years ago but the puzzles are new and they've added a quest mode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F48LLeLAAs8

One day somebody needs to find whoever comes up with the subtitles for all Square Enix games and that somebody needs to beat that person to death with a baseball bat

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Calaveron posted:

One day somebody needs to find whoever comes up with the subtitles for all Square Enix games and that somebody needs to beat that person to death with a baseball bat

It's cool.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I like Theatrhythm Pictlogica Flying Fairy 358≒2 better than Final Fantasy Revelations or w/e

e: I was going to say Final Fantasy Origins but that exists

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Let that person fight with whoever names game updates for Arc System Works.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Calaveron posted:

Haha yeah someone who comes up with silly names deserves a painful death

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Mierenneuker posted:

Let that person fight with whoever names game updates for Arc System Works.

I think if those two started talking to each-other for any decent length of time the arcane verbosity of their conversation would tear asunder a path into the places Beyond Knowing where the great evils lurk.

LizzieBorden
Dec 6, 2009

She's hackin' and wackin' and smackin'
She just hacks, wacks, chopping that meat

Ever Oasis looks interesting!

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Haha yeah someone who comes up with silly names deserves a painful death

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperbole

Sand Dan
May 15, 2017

welcum 2 our
sick cyberpunk h e l l

LizzieBorden posted:

Ever Oasis looks interesting!

It's by Koichi Ishii who was the director of Secret of Mana and it looks very Secret of Mana-ish. I hope it will be good.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

I gather that ever oasis is another life Sim. Am I wrong in that?

Sake question, but fantasy life.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Fantasy Life is structured like a western RPG, or an MMO. You do quests, you explore the world, you craft (or don't. You don't have to do every job!!!), and you enjoy the uniquely charming dialogue.

BovineFury
Oct 28, 2007
I moo for great justice!
MMMMMEEEETTTRRRROOOOIIIIIDDDDD

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Does Nintendo even make Samus Returns in a world without AM2R?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

BovineFury posted:

MMMMMEEEETTTRRRROOOOIIIIIDDDDD

They are blowing my mind. All those years of no Metroid on the Wii U and they announce two new real looking metroidvania in one day.

Do F Zero next.