Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I want to know how bad my brain is fried from being a gunner inches away from the mice/red green/anti-ied jamming poo poo that we always had running.

That poo poo gave you a headache just being next to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

I want to know how bad my brain is fried from being a gunner inches away from the mice/red green/anti-ied jamming poo poo that we always had running.

That poo poo gave you a headache just being next to it.

The what? Are you talking about the Duke Antenna?

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Mike-o posted:

The what? Are you talking about the Duke Antenna?

Yeah that's what it ended up being called. We went through like 3 different systems in 2006-2007. But yeah in 2008-2009 it was the duke.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
The early Marine system was apparently pretty bad to be right next to

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mike-o posted:

Story time?

Nobody that I know personally, there's just some dude that disappeared while walking the Pacific Crest trail last spring or summer and people were still asking on hunting Facebook pages to keep an eye out for him well into fall and winter. He dead, yo. And probably not somewhere I'll ever spot him.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

I want to die in my sleep, like one of my cousins when he was blackout drunk. Not yelling and flailing like the people in the car he hit.

Classic

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Slim Pickens posted:

Nobody that I know personally, there's just some dude that disappeared while walking the Pacific Crest trail last spring or summer and people were still asking on hunting Facebook pages to keep an eye out for him well into fall and winter. He dead, yo. And probably not somewhere I'll ever spot him.

Did his BMW overheat?

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Mad Dragon posted:

Did his BMW overheat?

No no, that dude was in a San Francisco Bay area park that's so treacherous that it's been described as "a nice place to walk your dog."

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

McNally posted:

No no, that dude was in a San Francisco Bay area park that's so treacherous that it's been described as "a nice place to walk your dog."

I need to read that thread again. His diary entries recording his descent into madness after the second day of walking was just spectacular

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
I don't get the whole smoking weed and being forgetful thing, I was a huge pothead before the Army and I paid my way through college, worked full time and was in the best shape of my life. I got a lot of poo poo done and never felt like I was forgetting anything. All in all, a fun time

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Mustang posted:

I don't get the whole smoking weed and being forgetful thing, I was a huge pothead before the Army and I paid my way through college, worked full time and was in the best shape of my life. I got a lot of poo poo done and never felt like I was forgetting anything. All in all, a fun time

check out this boy scout.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Well, I , DID become an Eagle Scout, though I thoroughly enjoyed my time in college....

Definitely going back to it in a year or two when I'm out of the Army

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Weed has been a devil and a saving grace. Or weed is the saving grace that helped me run off that devil exwife.

Either way, I feel better off.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Weed helps me not be so sad brains.

Like, I haven't had weed in four days and I've been more depressed than usual.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I can't believe I made it 40 years on this dumb earth.
loving gotta drill this weekend too.
Ugh.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

LingcodKilla posted:

I can't believe I made it 40 years on this dumb earth.
loving gotta drill this weekend too.
Ugh.

im on day 2 out of 4 of duty. 4, 12 hours graveyard shift.

fml

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Weed is how I live with terrible poo poo and never have to focus on it critically or with self awareness. I'm party to goddamn war crimes, and weed makes that seem just fine.

I encourage it's use.

Heil Cannabis!

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Also way better for back pain than opioids, I don't take any pain meds because weeds analgesic effects are plenty strong at my level of consumption.

I'll put THC against any prescription pain killer- and it won't kill your rear end.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Being IK is boring and there's nothing interesting in the queue. Please never make me a mod.

Also: I have been eyeing the mustang gt as a second car, call me a big idiot fucker but it's sick as hell

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Woof Blitzer posted:

Being IK is boring and there's nothing interesting in the queue. Please never make me a mod.

The mod forum is even less interesting.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Woof Blitzer posted:

Also: I have been eyeing the mustang gt as a second car, call me a big idiot fucker but it's sick as hell
Good morning, sir. Do you have a moment to talk about the Church of Subaru?

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Or a focus rs, civic type r, golf r etc etc

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Or a focus rs, civic type r, golf r etc etc

I had a GTI and I can't say I want another hot hatch, it has to have POWERRRRRR

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
I drove a rental ecoboost Mustang for a thousand or so miles last year and I did not want to get out of it or give it back. They really did a good job with that car, if I had the money I'd be plunking a down payment on one tomorrow.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Naked Bear posted:

Good morning, sir. Do you have a moment to talk about the Church of Subaru?

Why is there still no STi version of the BRZ

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Rad Lieutenant posted:

God works in mysterious ways.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Naked Bear posted:

God works in mysterious ways.

False prophet! You don't have any answers!

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
IIRC Toyota didn't want Subaru to have a hotter version of the twins than they did. Nevermind that they could have just used the same engine in their FRS.

Toyota has been dead to me as a company for many years because of exactly this type of poo poo.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Weed is how I live with terrible poo poo and never have to focus on it critically or with self awareness. I'm party to goddamn war crimes, and weed makes that seem just fine.

I encourage it's use.

Heil Cannabis!

Maybe war crimes good and society's norms bad?

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Rad Lieutenant posted:

This is as close as it gets for now. :rice:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/a9954964/subaru-brz-sti-tease/

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Yea it's got no added power just sticky tires and some sti parts bin suspension

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I just witnessed a Jetta rolling coal

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Just mowed my lawn, also put down fertilizer and overseeded

I would grill later but gotta go to work

Dad as gently caress

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Pesticide20 posted:

I just witnessed a Jetta rolling coal

It's a VW diesel, they leave the factory doing that.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
But this one had a roll coal sticker

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Rad Lieutenant posted:

someone said by agreement with toyota and to avoid cannibalizing some wrx/sti sales. it would be a legit low end porsche competitor though.

that said, it the least practical/useful car i've ever owned and its kind of uncomfortable to drive/awkward to get in. maybe if you were a twink midget it wouldn't be so bad. id end up driving my old style cherokee sometimes.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

someone said by agreement with toyota and to avoid cannibalizing some wrx/sti sales. it would be a legit low end porsche competitor though.

that said, it the least practical/useful car i've ever owned and its kind of uncomfortable to drive/awkward to get in. maybe if you were a twink midget it wouldn't be so bad. id end up driving my old style cherokee sometimes.

yea, I wouldn't want to daily something that small. I drove one about a year ago and at 6'3" I can be comfortable in the drivers seat but that makes the rear seat completely useless. Like, the seatback is actually touching the rear seat, even a small child could not sit there.

Even in my 135 which is very small, an average size adult could sit behind me.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

my xB was the best. 6'5 and my head still had a good 3 inches of clearance, i could see traffic lights without bending down like quasimodo, and I could get in and out with no issues.

i really miss it

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

my xB was the best. 6'5 and my head still had a good 3 inches of clearance, i could see traffic lights without bending down like quasimodo, and I could get in and out with no issues.

i really miss it

except for all the ways in which a car is fun/cool and not a transportation appliance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

drat most all scions are terribly ugly

Remember that one year when everyone had a TC

• Locked thread