Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Remind me, how many cartoons did he do about the peculiar case of Benjamin G. Hazi?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

As a historian, I take pleasure knowing that someday there are going to be textbooks with Ramirez' comics in them as examples of people burying their heads in the sand about treason.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Xander77 posted:

Adam West died.

I'm gonna guess the Kelly will be blaming it on Wonder Woman.

"Tv: DC has found it's greatest hero - and it's not Batman!"

West: "argh! My bat-heart!"

Gal Godot with fangs: "heh heh heh!"

Crying Lady Liberty dressed like Ertha Kitt.

Korner Kelly: "some days you just can't get rid of a bombshell."

Kegluneq posted:

Didn't he do voice acting on Family Guy? I mean admittedly that's not much, but he wasn't entirely obscure.

Edit: Tenses!

He also made far and away the best Batman movie of 2016.

Shangri-Law School posted:

History has seen little like it. Check out this classic from 1996:

Nothing has changed.

She has had, by a wide margin, the single biggest and longest smear campaign of any human being on earth.

"Wait, shouldn't I be a 70 year old man?"

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

this broke my brain

so, ramirez wants us to believe that there's nothing to be found and that the media is making things up

by drawing a cookie jar

with the cookies removed

and reducing the missing cookies to "nothing"

with the cookie jar labeled as 3 different things

and a tiny man inside the jar with a microphone

meanwhile, in real life, there is proof that russians interfered with voting machines but the person who leaked it got arrested for leaking compromising materials

so the russians stole the cookies from the jar (a common metaphor) but the lack of cookies in the jar means there were never cookies in the jar and the media is fake news because they claim that the russians are hiding the cookies that aren't in the jar?

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
punchline 2: because ramirez doesn't know how to draw, the inside of the cookie jar appears to have a false bottom large enough to store something inside

RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

Uncertainty is inherently unsustainable. Eventually, everything either is or isn't.

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Remind me, how many cartoons did he do about the peculiar case of Benjamin G. Hazi?

A quick google image search turned up so many that I stopped counting after TWENTY loving cartoons that are all rage inducing.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
i'm more concerned with the fact that he felt the need to put his name on that thing three separate times

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Neodoomium posted:

As a historian, I take pleasure knowing that someday there are going to be textbooks with Ramirez' comics in them as examples of people burying their heads in the sand about treason.

In 2050 people post Kelly comics as a proof that our generation is total garbage and should be killed right away.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Well that's true now, so

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Hey my generation is millenials, we didn't do nothin yet. :(

Edible Hat
Jul 23, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Captain_Maclaine posted:

According to Ramirez, it was twice as bad as 9/11.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Lurdiak posted:

Hey my generation is millenials, we didn't do nothin yet. :(

i think you'll find we're already responsible for the brutal murder of at least 25 leisure activities and 17 abstract concepts

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Transcript from the hearing:

Who stole the cookies from the cookie jar?
Who Me?
Yes you.
Couldn't be.
Then who?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Shangri-Law School posted:

History has seen little like it. Check out this classic from 1996:

quote:

In the course of a single conversation, I have been assured that Hillary is cunning and manipulative but also crass, clueless, and stunningly impolitic; that she is a hopelessly woolly-headed do-gooder and, at heart, a hardball litigator; that she is a base opportunist and a zealot convinced that God is on her side.
Nothing has changed.

So, the New Yorker is saying that there's a continuous shifting of rhetorical focus in the attacks against Clinton?

muscles like this! posted:

WHAT'S THE ONE PART OF BATMAN'S BACKSTORY THAT EVERYONE KNOWS?

I know! He came from a dying planet as a baby, was raised by Amazons, and then was bitten by a radioactive spider.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

muscles like this! posted:

WHAT'S THE ONE PART OF BATMAN'S BACKSTORY THAT EVERYONE KNOWS?

You do know the dead parents thing only came up once in the Adam West show, which is probably the only exposure the target audience for that card has to Batman?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Who else remembers back when this was the unironic right wing party line about Iraq?

"The fact that we haven't found any WMDs is proof that they have WMDs!"

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
But then why did I have the jar, Bart? Why did I have the jar?

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Angepain posted:

i think you'll find we're already responsible for the brutal murder of at least 25 leisure activities and 17 abstract concepts

Badass if true.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

RuanGacho posted:

Badass if true.

wait until someone tells you about what we did to applebees

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

Aunt Harriet wondering where Bruce has gone.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

gently caress I was about to post this.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Fulchrum posted:

You do know the dead parents thing only came up once in the Adam West show, which is probably the only exposure the target audience for that card has to Batman?

No, since like Detective Comics #33 (1939), Batman's always been orphaned by crime. Adam West's entire portrayal of the character came from prime Golden Age comics he grew up with, 1940s-50s Batman, and that's been part and parcel for the character for 78 years. This is like loving up Zorro leaving a Z.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop

Crabtree posted:

No, since like Detective Comics #33 (1939), Batman's always been orphaned by crime. Adam West's entire portrayal of the character came from prime Golden Age comics he grew up with, 1940s-50s Batman, and that's been part and parcel for the character for 78 years. This is like loving up Zorro leaving a Z.

They're saying that in the Adam West Batman TV show, the fact that his parents died was only brought up once. Not that it was only ever mentioned once across all things Batman, just that the show only only mentioned it once.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

you're right. god should have taken him earlier

Careful about going down this path, lest the good Lord claims David Lynch.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

GIANT OUIJA BOARD posted:

They're saying that in the Adam West Batman TV show, the fact that his parents died was only brought up once. Not that it was only ever mentioned once across all things Batman, just that the show only only mentioned it once.

Which is sad when you think about now that we cannot go one moment without the next movie involving him to not remind the view, once again, that HIS PARENTS GOT SHOT. DID YOU KNOW HIS PARENTS DIED YET? HERE'S CRIME ALLEY AGAIN!

Which I guess is necessary considering that cartoon.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

West Batman didn't need a traumatic backstory in order to fight crime. He did it because he was a big ole kid who thought it was fun.

Anyways, first Roger Moore, now Adam West. Who will be the third goofy version of a long running character to die?

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Mantis42 posted:

West Batman didn't need a traumatic backstory in order to fight crime. He did it because he was a big ole kid who thought it was fun.

Anyways, first Roger Moore, now Adam West. Who will be the third goofy version of a long running character to die?

Trump, perhaps?

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

bunnyofdoom posted:

He hates clowns?

Apparently in Adam West's mind, the Joker became a supervillain because, as a child, he was molested by a clown.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Mantis42 posted:

If we're lucky, Shatner. If we're unlucky, Weird Al.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Peter Sallis. There we go. We're done.

.Edward Penischin
Jun 5, 2008

Someone should do a toon with Adam West getting hit by Darkseid's Omega Beam.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Vib Rib posted:

But then why did I have the jar, Bart? Why did I have the jar?

I appreciate this.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Crabtree posted:

Which is sad when you think about now that we cannot go one moment without the next movie involving him to not remind the view, once again, that HIS PARENTS GOT SHOT. DID YOU KNOW HIS PARENTS DIED YET? HERE'S CRIME ALLEY AGAIN!

Which I guess is necessary considering that cartoon.

And nearly every time they do nothing with it. The only time I've seen it actually work into the plot was in Arkham Asylum, where the focal point of the memory is Commissioner Gordon (whose life is, at that point, in jeopardy) being kind to young Bruce, when everyone else in the Gotham PD was saying that the Waynes deserved it and Bruce was somehow a bad kid for being the child of a wealthy family. It adds a real emotional kicker to what is otherwise a fairly standard rescue scenario.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Pants Donkey posted:

The voice of Wallace from Wallace and Gromit died earlier this week :smith:

Peter Sallis? The Summer wine is truly all gone now :smith:

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
Reminder that James Comey could deck Trump, Greg Gianforte, or Ben Garrison if he cared to.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
My memory is really bad... Has Pramirez done a DEBT cartoon since the inauguration?

nonrev
Jul 15, 2012

Plato posted:

"The kids these days now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for
authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place
of exercise. Kids these days are now tyrants, not the servants of their
households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They
contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties
at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Starshark posted:

My memory is really bad... Has Pramirez done a DEBT cartoon since the inauguration?

Why would he? As Dick Cheney said, we've proven deficits don't matter when a Republican is in office.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
[b]BUNNIES ARE CUTE BUT DEADLY/b]

Somfin posted:

And nearly every time they do nothing with it. The only time I've seen it actually work into the plot was in Arkham Asylum, where the focal point of the memory is Commissioner Gordon (whose life is, at that point, in jeopardy) being kind to young Bruce, when everyone else in the Gotham PD was saying that the Waynes deserved it and Bruce was somehow a bad kid for being the child of a wealthy family. It adds a real emotional kicker to what is otherwise a fairly standard rescue scenario.

Belive it or not, batman brave and bold did it well too.

(Tbf it was because it was in an episode of batman hunting down Joe Chill.)

• Locked thread