Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Doom Mathematic posted:

My favourite part is how switching between e.g. Programmer and Scientific modes never preserves the value currently in the field. It even clears the memory.
i'm pretty sure it always did that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

you have to search for this one

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
i just installed my first windows store app, twitter. it auto refreshes unlike having it open ina browser window. thanks satya

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Dislike button posted:

i just installed my first windows store app, twitter. it auto refreshes unlike having it open ina browser window. thanks satya
it's called tweetdeck

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

anthonypants posted:

it's called tweetdeck

wtf i just went to that website an i was already logged in

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

almost like it's on twitter.com

burning swine
May 26, 2004

cinci zoo sniper posted:

you have to search for this one

not having the other one makes it a real easy search

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

COACHS SPORT BAR posted:

not having the other one makes it a real easy search

not having the other one for good is not windows 10

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

anthonypants posted:

i'm pretty sure it always did that

Yeah, and it's always been terrible, but they clearly rewrote the application for Windows 10 but didn't take the golden opportunity to fix it.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

looks like microsoft is determined to kill skype next

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

looks like microsoft is determined to kill skype next

What new and terrible thing are they doing now

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

What new and terrible thing are they doing now

SaaS, Skype-as-a-Snapchat

https://blogs.skype.com/news/2017/06/01/introducing-the-next-generation-of-skype/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qItfRVJFljM

e:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RU9w41tPXyc

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Jun 10, 2017

pram
Jun 10, 2001
lol

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
Skype for Business for Life as a Snapchat 365 Professional Edition

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/6gdqm5/lets_get_charles_at_the_microsoft_store_promoted/

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

got to say that shirt is cool

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

it's a great way to broadcast to people that you're an insufferable computer dork without them having to talk to you and figure it out on their own

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Roosevelt posted:

it's a great way to broadcast to people that you're an insufferable computer dork without them having to talk to you and figure it out on their own

sure, still way above what you would expect from otherworldly microsoft marketers

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.
lol it's literally just snapchat / facebook messenger / every other social thing

ms always on the cutting-edge of being right behind the pack

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

SupSuper posted:

lol it's literally just snapchat / facebook messenger / every other social thing

at long as they're finally getting rid of skype on the desktop

pram
Jun 10, 2001

cinci zoo sniper posted:

:thunk:

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i imagine a large part of why they're getting rid of skype is that it is a complete security disaster and fixing it is basically impossible

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

the writing was on the wall when they detonated the original Skype HQ in the UK and brought it all back to Redmond

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

the writing was on the wall when they detonated the original Skype HQ in the UK and brought it all back to Redmond
they renamed the bing lounge here in portland to the Skype Live Studio a few years ago

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

do the chairs all turn 365 degrees during business meetings?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Agile Vector posted:

do the chairs all turn 365 degrees during business meetings?

the hydraulic cylinders explode (i won't post the pic i promise) and a flag shoots up that says skype up your rear end

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

I'm really looking forward to skype for business being merged with the new skype so I get to troll my coworkers with "rich" messaging all day

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

r u ready to WALK posted:

I'm really looking forward to skype for business being merged with the new skype so I get to troll my coworkers with "rich" messaging all day
same only so everything loving breaks and my job doesnt use AT LEAST 3 MANDATORY INSTANT MESSENGERS FOR EVERY loving ONE

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

SupSuper posted:

that's Microsoft, skating to somewhere in the vicinity of where the puck was

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Stymie posted:

i imagine a large part of why they're getting rid of skype is that it is a complete security disaster and fixing it is basically impossible

msn messenger was fine and worked well for what it was and adding it to skype was a mistkae, well that's my take i'll listen offline great show guys

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

my boss said we should switch to one of googles messenger things, theyre way more stable than microsoft

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Powaqoatse posted:

my boss said we should switch to one of googles messenger things, theyre way more stable than microsoft

lol *works at company promoting off-brand slack fork as a skype replacement*

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

cinci zoo sniper posted:

lol *works at company promoting off-brand slack fork as a skype replacement*

haha

all good if you get paid tho, as long as its at worst just a waste of time

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Powaqoatse posted:

haha

all good if you get paid tho, as long as its at worst just a waste of time

no one uses it so i dont care. even if it becomes the only communication means over night i still wont care tbf.

the adoption rate is basically helpdesk affairs b/c everyone is too lazy to write tickets

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
i hope skype gets proper emoji support, i don't have the cultural context to understand half of the emoji in skype

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
not that i understand 🈶🈺 or 🆖 either, but there are like a billion options 🍆💦🍑

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

r u ready to WALK posted:

If Teams doesn't completely​ replace Skype for Business within two years I'll be- well I won't be shocked at all. But it will be a whole new way for Microsoft to screw up. Come up with a better product, but still stick to your old awful one.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

eschaton posted:

that's Microsoft, skating to somewhere in the vicinity of where the puck was

microsoft: skating to where the puck was manufactured

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

anthonypants posted:

they renamed the bing lounge here in portland to the Skype Live Studio a few years ago
can't wait for the next rebrand!

• Locked thread