Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Naked Bear posted:

Submarine games peaked with Silent Hunter III. :colbert:

Sea Wolf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

When my dad PCS'd to Ft Lewis, and I got to meet my mom's side of the family for the first time I distinctly remember getting my hands on a computer for one of the first times at my uncle's house. He was on the Kittyhawk so of course he had a bunch of naval games, and the image of the Sea Wolf CD case is burned into my mind. I don't think I ever played it though because he didn't want his 7 year old nephew getting his grubby little kid hands all over it, but he let me play Doom instead.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Silent Steel that I played when I was like 7 or 8

Full FMV choose your adventure type deal

I thought it was dope as poo poo

subterfudge
Aug 5, 2015
I was never on a sub and it's a part of warfare I've never really known that much about so I find them interesting. This game is cool in my mind since it streamlines a lot of the annoying busywork of some of the older sub games and let's you focus more on doing crazy maneuvers.

In other news, the Quake 1 soundtrack is being released on vinyl.

http://www.pcgamer.com/trent-reznors-quake-soundtrack-is-getting-the-vinyl-treatment/

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

ElMaligno posted:

naw it was a pretty funny probation

The john galt poo poo isn't funny.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Yeah i probably should have quoted something else, and in smaller amounts from the bottom of the page up. Hindsight is a bitch.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czqF77tX38s

So this popped up on my steam feed,

A game in the Saints Row universe where you can play as Johnny Gat :getin:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

saints row is a bad game

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

tastefully arranged labia posted:

saints row is a bad game

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

saints row is a bad game

SR3 was good :colbert:

If only for being crude as gently caress and allowing you to beat people to death with a 3 foot long floppy dildo bat.

E: also Killing Floor 2 is free this month if you have PS Plus. That is a pretty good game.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Jun 10, 2017

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

new wolfenstein out this fall

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

new wolfenstein out this fall

Is it a sequel or are they starting over again?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q51LZ2HpbE

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Is it a sequel or are they starting over again?

sequel

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
e3 bingo

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
If something isn't going to be out before the next e3, you shouldn't talk about it at the current e3.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
i'm out of games to play piiiiiissssssss

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Vasudus posted:

i'm out of games to play piiiiiissssssss

https://youtu.be/cyFhbTobdJI

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
i don't want to play any multiplayer shootmans, i have PUBG for that

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

persona 5 gets very relevant to current events about 50 hours in

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

give a free spot to games journalists openly or subtly whining that E3 is now formally open to normies

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

It's official. :bloodborne: is the best game.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Buca di Bepis posted:

give a free spot to games journalists openly or subtly whining that E3 is now formally open to normies

Did they re-open it to public admission?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

persona 5 gets very relevant to current events about 50 hours in

Played Persona for bit and had to put it down knowing full well once I got any deeper it would be the only game I played for the next month.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

orange juche posted:

Did they re-open it to public admission?

They're selling tickets for admission.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Are For Honor or Ghost Recon Wildlands worth picking up?

On PC if that makes any difference.

They were hella cheap at a local ebgames.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Wildlands is fun if you dig the open world thing.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I think im all factorio'd out.
I mean im lunching a rocket every few minutes (for a grand total of 86 rockets so far), doing most of the endless science research, I have an abundance of raw resources.

I guess I could beacon out most of my production, but we'll see.....

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Dude McAwesome posted:

Are For Honor or Ghost Recon Wildlands worth picking up?

for honor lost like no poo poo 90% of its playerbase after the first season

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

for honor lost like no poo poo 90% of its playerbase after the first season

Is that based off Steam numbers? Cause I could believe that, with the majority being on uplay and console.

But yeah I've seen a lot of familar names on the PC either way :( It's a fun game, but it really needs some help if it's to stay alive much longer.

Also Wildlands is fun, lotta game there with neat story collectibles to grab if that's your thing, plus your guns are actually lethal compared to say The Division.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Capn Beeb posted:

Is that based off Steam numbers? Cause I could believe that, with the majority being on uplay and console.

Unless you think that Steam users are more likely stop playing For Honor than people on console and uPlay I'd say that drop was probably echoed on the other platforms. The P2P matchmaking issues affected everyone equally.

I pegged the thing as dogshit within 20 minutes of playing the beta but apparently some people enjoyed it.

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Jun 11, 2017

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Buca di Bepis posted:

Unless you think that Steam users are more likely stop playing For Honor than people on console and uPlay I'd say that drop was probably echoed on the other platforms. The P2P matchmaking issues affected everyone equally.

I pegged the thing as dogshit within 20 minutes of playing the beta but apparently some people enjoyed it.

Yeah, the twenty minutes I spent playing the alpha were enough that I knew I wouldn't touch it at release. Just felt like a shittier version of Chivalry.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Capn Beeb posted:

But yeah I've seen a lot of familar names on the PC either way :( It's a fun game, but it really needs some help if it's to stay alive much longer.

Also Wildlands is fun, lotta game there with neat story collectibles to grab if that's your thing, plus your guns are actually lethal compared to say The Division.

only 10% of the playerbase earned the achievement for logging in during season 2 on PSN

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

ElMaligno posted:

I think im all factorio'd out.
I mean im lunching a rocket every few minutes (for a grand total of 86 rockets so far), doing most of the endless science research, I have an abundance of raw resources.

I guess I could beacon out most of my production, but we'll see.....

I've never launched a rocket, I always end up min-maxing and micromanaging the gently caress out of my production lines/factories/outposts/whatever, before I deem myself WORTHY OF ASCENDING (to whatever next goal), and then I kinda end up losing interest slowly once restructuring and modernizing/rerouting my poo poo starts feeling like a chore. It might be a German thing, no idea.

On the other hand, I've also never taken all my experiences into account when starting anew, so I never really laid out capacities/factory-footprint for the late game from the get go. Until my most current run, so maybe I'll go balls out this time, idk

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

only 10% of the playerbase earned the achievement for logging in during season 2 on PSN

Well poo poo :rip:

I still fire it up every so often, mostly because it's fun to kick heads off as an angry grandma

Also people get pissed when they see a black centurion, holy gently caress

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
a bunch of racists online

I tend to laugh since it can be funny at times how stupid they are, I then get sad since I know poo poo carries over into real life and hopefully those people have no real power

the weirdest racist rant I saw was when they added the united states tanks to world of tanks and people were very angry about mixed race tanks

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Rust randomized your race and gender and a lot of racists and misogynists got really really upset because they now had to play as a black lady online. I don't own rust but from what I understand it was a based on your steamID and was permanent.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
It gets randomized for each different server that you join, but yeah, it sticks. On the flip side, smoking dudes as an Amazon warrior woman is fun as hell.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
gently caress i installed fallout 4 again and there's like 18 months of mods to review and install

this is going to take me all of today probably

down the rabbit hole i go

fuuuuuuuuck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Use the mod manager and download the HD texture packs first, they're huge.