Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

pubic works project posted:

Guild Multiverse Boss Deadshot can gently caress off. Just spams his bullet shot over and over. I can't close in on him.

That is how online Deadshots play so it's kind of good practice. Though online Deadshots are unlikely to read your inputs as well.

Are you using MB Roll? Probably good to use your meter before he burns it off with the green ammo. Also gotta be patient with the duck and move. Honestly if you're by yourself and can do 1000 damage on him that would be significant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's not just a keeping the comics in play thing, the first game established Green Arrow was dead too.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The game pretty clearly doesn't care much about the comics considering it has a pointless flashback chapter that seemingly has no purpose but to make sure you know the events of the comic didn't happen.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
It's purpose was to make sure you play as Batman in chapter 1. It's like playing as Johnny in chapter 1 of both MKs

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive
Lunch plans didn't work out so I hopped on PS4 remote play only to find I didn't bring my DS4.

Remote play only has access to the dpad, circle(4), and x(3) buttons but I figured I'd hop onto online anyway to see what I could get away with.

Managed 2 close calls with a Bane and actually beat a Scarecrow and I was laughing like a creep the whole time.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
This game is such bullshit sometimes. Whoever thought of putting in modifiers like the laser blast with those stupid "Land 8 light attacks" objectives can get hosed.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

This game is such bullshit sometimes. Whoever thought of putting in modifiers like the laser blast with those stupid "Land 8 light attacks" objectives can get hosed.

don't tell anybody this but: The objectives are optional and just provide a small point bonus.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea if I don't see an objective I can mash out in the last second like 'win in less than 190 seconds' or 'land three duck attacks' I just nope right away from those bonuses.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I worked from home today so it was 8 straight hours of doing multiverse with AI in the background while I worked.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

That's how I got green lantern to 20

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

So Red Hood is tuesday right? Was there a specific time listed as hes unlocking or just at random point?

Rewatched that stream and now actually looking more forward to him, he seems to have just about everything I like in a toolkit.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

FunkMonkey posted:

I'm Batman.

But that's an appropriate response to anything.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I hate fighting against Robin so much, especially because you just know everyone who slam picks him is some greasy weeb.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

There is a bug for me where your AI loadout attributes for Brainiac do not work in multiverse. :(

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

exquisite tea posted:

I hate fighting against Robin so much, especially because you just know everyone who slam picks him is some greasy weeb.

This is true of all the characters though?? :confused:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

I'm actually a hot girl in leather IRL.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This Batman AI build: 20 rushdown 10 combos 30 counters, has supposedly gotten a player to 233 wins in Endless tower. Trying it out right now to see how my AI Batman does.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008
For some reason I was kicked from Goon Squad, despite actively contributing weekly. I also lost a shitton of levels for like 5 characters since i hopped online, when they were all at lvl 20 last night. This morning is kinda lovely so far.

Prygelknabe
Mar 31, 2009

He had a baseball bat, and I was tied to a chair. Pissing him off was the smart thing to do.

MrJacobs posted:

For some reason I was kicked from Goon Squad, despite actively contributing weekly. I also lost a shitton of levels for like 5 characters since i hopped online, when they were all at lvl 20 last night. This morning is kinda lovely so far.

Man, that sucks. Sounds like there might been some fuckery happening on the NRS servers? :psyduck:

Sidenote, seems like the AI gets disabled if it runs into a multiverse anomaly, so you'll have to pick up the controller and do it yourself. Explains why my AI lost all the previous ones, since I probably wasn't paying any attention at all.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Rip Adam west :(

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

HebrewMagic posted:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

HebrewMagic posted:

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

it's a free country u pervs
Multiverse Special Events listing for June 9th - June 19th in order:

150k Requirement Events rewards are a Diamond Mother Box & Random Ability

100k Requirement Events rewards are a Diamond Mother Box & Random Shader

75k Requirements Events reward are a Platinum Mother Box

All Events are 6hrs long & another one appears after the last one ended

Walk Away [150k Requirement] Amazonian Rage (Wonder Woman) Assists from Cheetah & Ares
Sinking Deep [150k Requirement] Green Takeover (Swamp Thing) Assists from Poison Ivy & Solomon Grundy
Choose Wisely [150k Requirement] Critical Encounter (Superman) Assists from Darkseid & General Zod
Branching Out [150k Requirement] Blooming (Poison Ivy) Assists from Catwoman & Cat-Ana
Start Running [150k Requirement] Too Quick (Flash) Assists from Captain Cold & Captain Boomerang
Cosmos [100k Requirement] Kryptonian Force (Supergirl) Assists from Darkseid & General Zod
Within Reach [150k Requirement] Divine Will (Doctor Fate) Assists from Brainiac & Constantine
The Fool [100k Requirement] Haunting Past (Joker) Assists from Batman & Constantine
Blood Sacrifice [150k Requirement] Assaulted (Cheetah) Assists from Wonder Woman & Ares
Happy Go Lucky [100k Requirement] Step Up (Harley Quinn) Assists from Catwoman & Cat-Ana
Wasting My Time [150k Requirement] Buzz Off (Blue Beetle) Assists from Scarecrow & Solomon Grundy
Breaking Loose [100k Requirement] The Enforcer (Robin) Assists from Cyborg & Raven
Watch It Burn [100k Requirement] Deadly Outcome (Darkseid) Assists from Supergirl & Hawkgirl
Gotham’s Knight [150k Requirement] Demon of the Knight (Batman) Assists from Bane & El Diablo
Don’t Even Try [100k Requirement] Breaking Point (Bane) Assists from Batman & Batgirl
Killing Purity [150k Requirement] Sea of Hate (Atrocitus) Assists from Firestorm & Scorpion
World of Pain [75k Requirement] No Threat (Superman) Assists from Brainiac & Lobo
Getting Close [75k Requirement] Terror (Scarecrow) Assists from Deadshot & El Diablo
Rising Up [75k Requirement] Seduction (Poison Ivy) Assists from Harley Quinn & Captain Boomerang
Smile [75k Requirement] Can’t Die Again (Joker) Assists from Harley Quinn & El Diablo
Making Friends [75k Requirement] Recess (Harley Quinn) Assists from Batman & Batgirl
Party’s Over [75k Requirement] No So Innocent (Harley Quinn) Assists from Joker & Solomon Grundy
Pulling Back [75k Requirement] Practice Makes Perfect (Green Arrow) Assists from Black Carney & Arsenal
Feasting Time [75k Requirement] Barbaric (Gorilla Grodd) Assists from Flash & Red Tornado
Never Seen [75k Requirement] With Haste (Flash) Assists from Gorilla Grodd & Killer Frost
Overflow [75k Requirement] Fried (Firestorm) Assists from Caption Cold & Hawkgirl
Easy Work [75k Requirement] Headshot (Deadshot) Assists from Captain Cold & Captain Boomerang
Micro Chipped [75k Requirement] Fully Upgraded (Cyborg) Assists from Green Lantern & Zatanna
Frosted Over [75k Requirement] Hypothermia (Captain Cold) Assists from Flash & Red Tornado
Overtaken [75k Requirement] Tenta-Kill (Brainiac) Assists from Superman & Martian Manhunter
Deadly Storm [75k Requirement] Inner Temple (Black Adam) Assists from Doctor Fate & Shazam
Harmful Way [75k Requirement] Pitch Black (Batman) Assists from Joker & Solomon Grundy
Saturday June 17, three 150k requirement worlds will repeat.
Sunday June 18, four 150k requirement worlds will repeat.
Monday June 19:
The Last Time [150k Requirement] Purrfection (Catwoman) Assists from Swamp Thing & Blackfire

:eng101:

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

They really want us to go broke, huh

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Well whoever was complaining about not having anything to spend their credits on

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Is there space in goon squad? The group I joined with my irl buddy is dead af despite being full.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

^^^^^there will be Monday.

MrJacobs posted:

Really? Sorry man, when did that happen? I only kick people on Monday. Well, I'll get you in again.

E: still says we're at 50 members.

Grem fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Jun 11, 2017

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Okay they seriously have made these Multiverse bosses too hard. Not only am I against a hard rear end Dr. Fate but he just happens to get Temp Armor. How is that even fair? I can't even get the armor off before he smashes half of my first bar.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Run away and use the assists?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Grem posted:

Run away and use the assists?

I tried that. He just comes wading through everything and unloads on me. Finally beat him, but that world was loving bullshit.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

MrJacobs posted:

Restart your machine and get back online. Levels usually come back. Sometimes you have to poke in and out of the metaverse before it'll catch up to you.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

I tried that. He just comes wading through everything and unloads on me. Finally beat him, but that world was loving bullshit.

So uh, how did you beat him? Cause now I'm stuck on this BS boss fight and keep getting stuck.
The trouble with Fate isn't that he's simply high level, but his stats are ridiculous. His finger-point ping alone does significant damage on block, to say nothing of if I get caught off guard in the four-hit version. There are ways through fireballs, but then he has the temp armor that lets him counter whatever you do up close. The assists would be helpful to chip away at that armor, except Constantine's circle and Brainiac's charge tend to not hit Fate at all. Also, both Brainiac assist inputs are unreliable, he doesn't come out fast enough nor do enough damage.

As it is, my best 3 characters and strategies are:
Green Lantern - trade projectiles, can do combos up close, interrupt with command grab
Wonder Woman - shield projectile (not far/fast enough to trade though), good combos, Hestia trait makes for good lasso combos
Supergirl - eye beams trade well, traveling uppercut interrupts well and helps close distance on Fate, just can't get enough damage in

I'm losing my first health bar just breaking the temp armor each match while Dr. Fucko chips me into oblivion. What'd you do?

Edit: I should add that my characters are all in the upper teen levels. Typing this while watching AI Wonder Woman whup Fate's rear end compared to my play level. She's coordinating the assists and punishing everything really well. Booyah!

Edit 2: Y'all weren't kidding about Injustice Pokemon Simulator. Sitting back and watching the linkups I've been missing is entertaining and useful!

Space Fish fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Jun 11, 2017

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Space Fish posted:

So uh, how did you beat him? Cause now I'm stuck on this BS boss fight and keep getting stuck.
The trouble with Fate isn't that he's simply high level, but his stats are ridiculous. His finger-point ping alone does significant damage on block, to say nothing of if I get caught off guard in the four-hit version. There are ways through fireballs, but then he has the temp armor that lets him counter whatever you do up close. The assists would be helpful to chip away at that armor, except Constantine's circle and Brainiac's charge tend to not hit Fate at all. Also, both Brainiac assist inputs are unreliable, he doesn't come out fast enough nor do enough damage.

As it is, my best 3 characters and strategies are:
Green Lantern - trade projectiles, can do combos up close, interrupt with command grab
Wonder Woman - shield projectile (not far/fast enough to trade though), good combos, Hestia trait makes for good lasso combosHe'
Supergirl - eye beams trade well, traveling uppercut interrupts well and helps close distance on Fate, just can't get enough damage in

I'm losing my first health bar just breaking the temp armor each match while Dr. Fucko chips me into oblivion. What'd you do?

Edit: I should add that my characters are all in the upper teen levels. Typing this while watching AI Wonder Woman whup Fate's rear end compared to my play level. She's coordinating the assists and punishing everything really well. Booyah!

I got extremely lucky. When the match starts, I immediately back up to avoid him charging in and whupping my rear end. I'll use Constantine's move to hit him and then immediately Brainiac's if he tries to move in. He'd get me with about 5 hits and then I used Flash's fists of fury to knock out the Temp Armor. After that, I was constantly moving and jump kicking him, followed by a couple of medium hits and Lightning Charge. He just wouldn't block my jump kicks. It was still a close call.

Edit: I'll add to this by saying that I am very, very, VERY mediocre when it comes to fighting games. But I still think this is the best one ever and I love it.

pubic works project fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Jun 11, 2017

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Fix posted:

Restart your machine and get back online. Levels usually come back. Sometimes you have to poke in and out of the metaverse before it'll catch up to you.

I did, and it looks like everyone is back to 18+ with all the leveled chars back up to 20. Thats good.

Grem posted:

^^^^^there will be Monday.

Really? Sorry man, when did that happen? I only kick people on Monday. Well, I'll get you in again.

E: still says we're at 50 members.

I reapplied, but I forgot to make the default message relate to SA.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Don't worry about that, I got you fam

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

The multiverse events have way too many "uncontrollable RNG" modifiers. You can sort of play around the poison missiles and electrified floors, but more often than not by doing so you just open yourself up to the AI's combos or getting hit with the hazard anyway. Death's Blessing is pretty much unavoidable, there is no point in trying to play around it.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I wanna be able to play ~for realsies~ in Ranked but everybody is still kind of new and the most anybody I'm matched up against knows how to do is maybe input their womboest combo over and over. So every match I just end up playing dirty by zoning dudes out and ultimately punishing them for their own boredom when they finally dive in. It's me, I'm everything you hate about online competitive gaming.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

hup posted:

They really want us to go broke, huh

If I bought into all of these, I'd still have credits leftover and I haven't played seriously in like 10 days. And it's good, because there's literally nothing worth anything to spend credits on otherwise.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Tried one of those new buy-in multiverse events. I don't know if it's me getting better or these ones being more balanced, but I was able to do this boss fight on my own and it was actually kind of fun, getting multiple assists helped keep a lot of the AI bullshit in check

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Okay I tried using the AI loadouts and I absolutely love them. I'll be using them more and more while I read.

• Locked thread