Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Hakarne posted:

Well that settles it, time to shell out for pretty princess dress up. Is there a motif for weapons that matches the maelstrom bow?

Also, Aramek, my man... I'll probably be hitting you up for your services again. ;)

It won't *match*, but, Dwemer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Tei posted:

Morrowind so far:

I am grateful they have bought the rights to put morrowind music in some places. They could have not, but they did. Is not has much has it could, it still sounds like old eso with the old ambient music. What I could describe only has "sinfony jazz". Appropriate but..

ZeniMax Online is owned by ZeniMax who owns Bethesda Softworks who own Bethesda Game Studios. No licenses required, it's all owned by the same people.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Hakarne posted:

Is it ridiculous to consider having an entire set of endgame armor recrafted just because I found a style I want to stick with for my character? :negative:

i've got like four different sets of gold DW weapons and i don't know how many bows

just because i like the way they look

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Sky Shadowing posted:

ZeniMax Online is owned by ZeniMax who owns Bethesda Softworks who own Bethesda Game Studios. No licenses required, it's all owned by the same people.

Then they failed to do more.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

Mr Hootington posted:

Yeah. The spider is real good.

The oddest lore-friendly mount.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Sky Shadowing posted:

That doesn't inherently mean they can just use the music without having to pay something for it, but it can mean that.

All depends.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

I imagine they didn't want to just release the exact same songs as from TES3 because they're making a new thing, not remaking the original.

By my ear I think most of the iconic tracks are covered though.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Scyantific posted:

That's a PvE dps build, which is a bit outdated as well. I should really update that build, and post an actual PvP build.

I'm actually more interested in PvE actually. The older I get, the less I enjoy PvP, and it was never really a big thing for me to start with.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Aramek posted:

It won't *match*, but, Dwemer.

Thanks for the "gross" barbaric set! I've been using it while leveling my stam sorc and became oddly attached - it fits thematically and I actually had a stranger stop and complement it, which never happened with my magblade's more lavish armor.

I'll post a picture when I get the chance.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
So... Imperials? What is that race all about?

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

They are humans from the central region I think?

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

They're people that aren't Breton or Nords.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Yeah, but is it worthwhile to play an imperial?

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Why? You can play a lizard.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

I'm not a nerd. :colbert:

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Slap yourself.

Imperials are super good and durable characters for stam builds. If you wanna try an Imp, 100% do it for a stam thing.

vvv Also because Argonians are the bestians.

Aramek fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jun 9, 2017

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Argonians are great because you can go by joke names such as Skips-Leg-Day or Down-With-Sickness and it'll be lore friendly.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Dunmer Supremacy.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

I'm playing a dark elf too. I thought I'd make a breton when I bought the game but maaaan dark elves are so pretty.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

DJ Dizzy posted:

Dunmer Supremacy.

Well, that goes without saying.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
I named mine Kwama Kwameleon because Gay-For-Pay was taken.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

My Argonian warden is called Päys-To-Wín (because Pays-To-Win was already gone) and my argo Templar is called Complaíns-About-Balance

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Diacritics to cheat out a taken name are gross.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I dream of a world where all MMO's would use utf8mb4 for storing names in the database so we can use emojis.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I have an Orc and his name is LanceHellbringer :devil:

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

super sweet best pal posted:

Down-With-Sickness

Thanks for this name idea.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
I feel so stupid looking at this. I'm on PS4, one of my local stores has a sale on the disc version of morrowind on PS4. If I pick that up do I get the full game or just this expansion?

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

It's the full game and expansion. not the other DLCs though.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

DJ Dizzy posted:

Yeah, but is it worthwhile to play an imperial?

If you want to make a character who looks like you and aren't super white, it gives you another option besides Redguard. Also it lets you convert any crafted equipment to Imperial style, which is handy for those occasions when your awesome crafted weapon that you upgraded to Legendary turns out to be really loving ugly. And, uhhh, Imperial upgrade gets you a more noble looking horse than the one that comes with the gold edition.

Racial bonuses for Imperials are decent but nothing that will make the upgrade worth your money if none of the above matters to you.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Rollersnake posted:

If you want to make a character who looks like you and aren't super white, it gives you another option besides Redguard.

You can make a pretty bronzy nord or breton

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I am liking the quest of morrowind. When they get good, is very hard to stop because I want to know what happen next and I am already into the characters and the story.

:-)

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

Yeah, the Morrowind quests are very much winning me over so far. It feels like an honest to gosh TES game in terms of quests.

I also really like the amount of unlockable stuff in the expac. Plenty of costumes, style items, etc that come from playing the content.

On another note, having recently also subbed, I'm OVERWHELMED with content right now. Someone wanna give me the skinny on what to hit or miss? Imperial City sounds really cool from its blurb but I never hear anyone talk about it.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
because it's a pvp zone that also added like two dungeons. if you don't enjoy pvp it's probably not worth it.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

So here's my Stam Sorcerer rocking the Barbarian Armor Ara made, fresh off of his successful vMA run. Thanks Ara!

Also I think this thread could do more with character shots in general, I love seeing the crazy/cool things goons come up with in MMOs.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Hakarne posted:

Also I think this thread could do more with character shots in general, I love seeing the crazy/cool things goons come up with in MMOs.

Berke Negri fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Jun 11, 2017

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

These are all fantastic. What's the armor in the last picture?

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Sky Shadowing posted:

It's nearly that time of year, so I'm going to advertise an old favorite thing of mine, which is...

The 3rd Annual Goons Watch Bethesda's E3 Press Conference (Sunday at 10 PM EDT) In Guild Chat

As is tradition, since the launch of ESO goons have met up sometimes to sit in guild chat and talk about Bethesda's E3 press conferences. Two years ago I squeeed when I saw the settlement building stuff in FO4. We occasionally make fun of them for what they say about ESO given that it's never particularly substantial, but maybe THIS WILL BE DIFFERENT! (it won't).

So let's do it again! If you've got nothing better to do because all womenfolk or menfolk, depending on preference, have abandoned you because "oh my god is that cheeto dust in your hair what is that smell", or you really should be going to sleep for work but MAYBE TES 6 WILL GET ANNOUNCED PLEASE (it won't, Starfield will probably be, if those rumors are true). Come sit with other goons in loneliness!

It'll be a grand old time!

Reminder. Be there! Or be (shape)!

E: Starts in 3.5 hours from right now.

E: ERROR! It's apparently at 9 PM PDT, so in 2.5 hours from NOW. I will not be there. I have to work in the morning.

I'm sorry.

Sky Shadowing fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Jun 12, 2017

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Hakarne posted:

These are all fantastic. What's the armor in the last picture?

Hlaalu. Motif not in game yet, but that's Defiler's medium.

Gray Area
Nov 17, 2007
I played this for a month in 2015. What DLCs are worth buying?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Gray Area posted:

I played this for a month in 2015. What DLCs are worth buying?

Pick up the Gold edition if you can get it on sale.