Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Budgie Jumping posted:

I hope they work all of Stan Lee's marvel movie appearances into the mythos by revealing him as a interdimensional traveler.

Have you seen Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2?

Klungar fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jun 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Klungar posted:

They really should just stop giving him cameos after that one. It was that perfect.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Mierenneuker posted:

They really should just stop giving him cameos after that one. It was that perfect.

Next big headline: Stan Lee dead at 94

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Budgie Jumping posted:

I hope they work all of Stan Lee's marvel movie appearances into the mythos by revealing him as a interdimensional traveler.

How else could he hang out with the watchers?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/PattyJenks/status/874034832430424065

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

This is wonderful.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

shitthatdidnthappen.txt

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Toady posted:

shitthatdidnthappen.txt

I choose to believe the one about the kid not giving a hoot and polluting did.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Toady posted:

shitthatmighthappeninthenextinstallmentofthedccinematicuniversepleaselookforwardtoit.txt

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

At first I thought it seemed like a bit much to believe from a single kindergarten class but when I think about kids I know they talk a lot about new stuff they are obsessed with

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Guy A. Person posted:

At first I thought it seemed like a bit much to believe from a single kindergarten class but when I think about kids I know they talk a lot about new stuff they are obsessed with

Yup. Librarian here, I saw about this same level of reaction in the first week of Frozen coming out. And in the first week of Avengers, for that matter.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
FW: FW: FW: FW: FW: FW: FW: FW: FW: FW:THESE KIDS SAW WONDER WOMAN (IN THEATERS NOW) AND YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENED NEXT!

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Yeah husband of a teacher here and that stuff is 99% plausible. Kids literally never shut the gently caress up about stuff. Recently, I helped my wife with her class party and got cornered by a 10 year old who proceeded to regale me with every single possible loving thing you could ever want to know about Call of Duty: Black Ops 2.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Yeah husband of a teacher here and that stuff is 99% plausible. Kids literally never shut the gently caress up about stuff. Recently, I helped my wife with her class party and got cornered by a 10 year old who proceeded to regale me with every single possible loving thing you could ever want to know about Call of Duty: Black Ops 2.

What are his opinions on THE OBAMA?

Another thing that happened: Heroic Hollywood made a list of the best DCEU Superman moments (alas, no Zod's snapped neck). Geoff Johns responds:
https://twitter.com/geoffjohns/status/873249002531287042

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Yeah it is probably a bit much to say it CHANGED THESE KIDS REALITIES since stuff like this and Frozen will probably not form their world views, so much as be memes on the future internet (Things Only '20-teens' Kids Will Understand)

But it probably helps and is kinda cool

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

The MSJ posted:

True story: the day Obama was inaugarated in 2009 I was eating lunch in a food court. There was one of those automatic newspaper stands where you put in a quarter and take a newspaper - the front page was plastered with Obama's smiling mug. This little boy who could not have been older than 6 ran up to the stand, put his hands flat on either side of the President's face, closed his eyes, and gently shook his head from side to side while chanting "OBAMA OBAMA OBAMA OBAMA OBAMA" for like 30 seconds straight. Clearly a big fan (oh god that kid is well into his teens now!)

Guy A. Person posted:

Yeah it is probably a bit much to say it CHANGED THESE KIDS REALITIES since stuff like this and Frozen will probably not form their world views, so much as be memes on the future internet (Things Only '20-teens' Kids Will Understand)

It's hard to say, there was some pop culture stuff that definitely had an effect on my worldview when I was a kid but I suspect it's near totally random. For example I saw the Sean Connery movie Outland when I was around 11 and the thing I took away from it was I never wanted a job where I had to commute (?!?!?!?)

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
It certainly helps that Wonder Woman is the first female-led superhero movie that isn't hot garbage.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

chanting "OBAMA OBAMA OBAMA OBAMA OBAMA" for like 30 seconds straight. Clearly a big fan (oh god that kid is well into his teens now!)

Good, there's still time to peel of the blinders of corporatist liberalism and enlist him in the battle to return the nation's wealth to it's hundreds of millions of citizens that go without representation

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

For example I saw the Sean Connery movie Outland when I was around 11 and the thing I took away from it was I never wanted a job where I had to commute (?!?!?!?)

Lol that is awesome

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Guy A. Person posted:

Lol that is awesome

That movie owns and it owns that that was the lesson young Jockstrap took from it.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

Klungar posted:

Sadly I have not.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Budgie Jumping posted:

Sadly I have not.

Minor spoilers: Stan Lee's cameo in GotGv2 is him grousing to The Watchers out in space about all the weird poo poo he's seen throughout the other movies. In a post-credits scene, they cut him off and wander away from him, either bored with or unbelieving in his story.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Toady posted:

shitthatdidnthappen.txt

Change it from Wonder Woman to Power Rangers then it basically describes my second grade school year.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

Klungar posted:

Minor spoilers: Stan Lee's cameo in GotGv2 is him grousing to The Watchers out in space about all the weird poo poo he's seen throughout the other movies. In a post-credits scene, they cut him off and wander away from him, either bored with or unbelieving in his story.

This is basically all I ever wanted.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

The MSJ posted:

Another thing that happened: Heroic Hollywood made a list of the best DCEU Superman moments (alas, no Zod's snapped neck). Geoff Johns responds:
https://twitter.com/geoffjohns/status/873249002531287042

I'm very stoked for the seeing Supes get resurrected.

Henker
May 5, 2009

Firstborn posted:

A lot of you have probably seen this, but I found this video very entertaining:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vfqkvwW2fs
Wonder Woman is the only comic book movie I can recognize music to off the top of my head since her theme has those rad as hell electric cellos.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Henker posted:

Wonder Woman is the only comic book movie I can recognize music to off the top of my head since her theme has those rad as hell electric cellos.

This was a wonderful and unexpected surprise for me on the soundtrack. :whatup:

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Jun 12, 2017

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Henker posted:

I don't even like the Donner Superman movies that much, but I'll never forget their Superman theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qHDWdGPomw

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Sir Kodiak posted:

I don't even like the Donner Superman movies that much, but I'll never forget their Superman theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qHDWdGPomw

I'm assuming Henker meant recent. Everyone knows the Superman theme.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Yeah like if weren't just counting recent the best comic book movie with a female lead would still be Barbarella.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Look, Jane Fonda is not exactly a force that will be easily dethroned

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

McSpanky posted:

That's a weak counterargument, he goes "I disagree" and then spends ten minutes summarizing the history of film scoring just to come back around and go "yeah pretty much but whoa digital~" :boom: Literally ends up supporting every point the Every Frame a Painting guy made.

Also most genre films don't have 2+ minute long abstract opening credit sequences on which to hang those oh-so-hummable overture themes these days, I can't believe both of them missed that.

Eh, that feels like a mischaracterization. EFAP's argument was that temp music and endless copy-catting gives us forgettable movie music that all sounds the same.

The counter-argument was that no, even the "good" composers that EFAP cites would use temp music and rip off ideas from other composers, and that the real reason movie music is no longer memorable is that the digital toolkit encourages composers to use music like building blocks that are designed to be generic and compatible with anything. The digital process is so easy that nobody wants to write custom melodies anymore.

It's good enough of an argument that EFAP liked it and links to it in his description.

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Jun 12, 2017

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Vaguely related, due to our discussions of the films here now and again

New Godzilla design for the up coming anime movie

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Thighzilla is canon now?

RIP, catface cornrows Godzilla

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Burkion posted:

Vaguely related, due to our discussions of the films here now and again

New Godzilla design for the up coming anime movie

Is it me or that is an updated/tweaked Legendary Godzilla?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Is it me or that is an updated/tweaked Legendary Godzilla?

It's definitely based on 2014 Goji, yeah.

It kind of looks like they took Legendary and gave him the skin details of Shin, with beefed up spines. He has a much rougher and cracked skin texture than Legendary did, more in line with Shin Godzilla, and his spines have a lot more going on for them, and honestly look better.

I'm super happy with it. I never expected Toho to use the Legendary design in one of their official properties.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Burkion posted:

It kind of looks like they took Legendary and gave him the skin details of Shin, with beefed up spines. He has a much rougher and cracked skin texture than Legendary did

He's been ruling over a planet of kaijus for 20,000 years since humans last saw him, he's probably held together by scar tissue at this point. :black101:

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Steve Yun posted:

Thighzilla is canon now?

i prefer quadzilla but yeah looks like 2014 with some tweaks. I like the design a lot.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Steve Yun posted:

Thighzilla is canon now?

RIP, catface cornrows Godzilla

Have you seen Shin Godzilla? 85% of his body is thigh meat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

You'd think he would have big shins.

• Locked thread