Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011

Hug in a Can posted:

:o: what was the makeup bag? I'm looking for a new one that can travel with me!

(And I've done the "forget to change the address" thing, too. hope my friend who doesn't sew enjoys the appliques :qq:)

It looks like it's out of stock :( and it was also only $5 when I bought it

I ordered the red version because I liked mine so much, if this looks good to you message me and I'll mail you my second one when it arrives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krakox
Oct 9, 2012
Alitronik is a cool curated site full of electronics if you're in need of a lens for that type of stuff

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011

Hug in a Can posted:

:o: what was the makeup bag? I'm looking for a new one that can travel with me!

(And I've done the "forget to change the address" thing, too. hope my friend who doesn't sew enjoys the appliques :qq:)

Also I liked these styles a lot

http://s.aliexpress.com/AzqiEJBn

http://s.aliexpress.com/n2aAbyyQ

http://s.aliexpress.com/a2MFzymq

But hands down this is my favorite toiletries bag I've ever owned

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N22K3E6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_PeMB1RmFniIR9

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

MPGS:
We can still name it after you. What should we call it?

Mocking Bird posted:

My friend in Baltimore currently has an enormous goldfish pillow en route to him to be his phd study buddy, and also some floral totebags because I forgot to change the address back :cripes:

Awww. Study buddies (and good friends) are important!

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
My order of knockoff lego didn't arrive within the shipping period and I let the confirmation thing timeout without realizing it.

Do I open a dispute? Am I out that $15?

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
It's up to the seller if they want to help you out at this point. They're terrified of bad feedback though, so they will likely still help.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

slap me and kiss me posted:

My order of knockoff lego didn't arrive within the shipping period and I let the confirmation thing timeout without realizing it.

Do I open a dispute? Am I out that $15?

Contact the seller and start bugging them, but I've specifically had knockoff Lego arrive well outside the shipping period. Like it said 19-39 days and it took closer to 60, but it did eventually arrive.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I don't know who recommended those melamine foam blocks but they are amazing, my kitchen has never been cleaner and I have like a hundred left. :allears:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Those melamine cubes are great at cleaning but I know they're just making microplastic pollution worse. :(

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I finally got some junk I ordered months ago that I was looking forward too. The theory of getting good poo poo last seems to hold true for me.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Fuu fuu I guess everything coming in is registered mail? You'd think with free shipping it'd just be regular. I guess it's good I got several notices at once today so I don't have to go to the post office every loving day.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Jerry Cotton posted:

Fuu fuu I guess everything coming in is registered mail? You'd think with free shipping it'd just be regular. I guess it's good I got several notices at once today so I don't have to go to the post office every loving day.

Or you owe import duty and you have to pay it at the post office to collect the packages?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

spog posted:

Or you owe import duty and you have to pay it at the post office to collect the packages?

Nah I already picked one thing up last week. Besides, the box ticked on the notice of delivery says "registered letter*", no mention of customs :shrug: Now I understand why Posti hates these things because it's a lot more work for them as well than just shoving the bags in my mailbox.

OK I checked and shipments under 22€ are duty-free anyway.

*) Well not in English.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

There are an awful lot of moonshine stills on AliExpress.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

WrenP-Complete posted:

MPGS:
We can still name it after you. What should we call it?

Awww. Study buddies (and good friends) are important!

I have a cool and fairly unique last name, I will share it secretly and you can tell me if it's a good idea or not

It would be hilarious to me for something related to impatience / frustration regarding not-necessary material doodads to be named after me, basically

PokeJoe posted:

I finally got some junk I ordered months ago that I was looking forward too. The theory of getting good poo poo last seems to hold true for me.

!

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Hey Ladies! Are you tired of others being able to tell you are a human who occasionally sweats? Want to pass as an android? Does wearing two bras all day every day sound like heaven to you? Then try the ArmPit Bra! https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Was...2550437049.html

It's like dress shields, but reusable!

According the reviews it is flimsy, uncomfortable, and smells like burning wood. Hot!

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Sagebrush posted:

Contact the seller and start bugging them, but I've specifically had knockoff Lego arrive well outside the shipping period. Like it said 19-39 days and it took closer to 60, but it did eventually arrive.

I just got a notice from the seller that my package could arrive anywhere from 25-45 days after the order. I think it's just a blanket warning in case something gets held up in customs. Most of the time it's around 2 weeks unless it's custom.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Facebook Aunt posted:

Hey Ladies! Are you tired of others being able to tell you are a human who occasionally sweats? Want to pass as an android? Does wearing two bras all day every day sound like heaven to you? Then try the ArmPit Bra! https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Was...2550437049.html

It's like dress shields, but reusable!

According the reviews it is flimsy, uncomfortable, and smells like burning wood. Hot!

Haha I sent something similar to this (bought off of Amazon, possibly the same exact thing) to a friend of mine. We were BFFs in HS and the poor lady just pours sweat from her armpits. Back in HS she generally just wore an undershirt of some kind to soak up some of the sweat, I think she still does that when she gives a poo poo.

She's tried seeing doctors, but if you're on Medicaid, docs are apparently not too concerned of you're not showing any signs of an illness.

Anyway, she got them, grumped at me in a friendly fashion, and then half an hour later sent me two pics.

First pic was of her torso & arm from the side, arm raised. There was no sweat on her shirt in the actual pit, but there was about four times as much sweat as she would normally make in a half hour, expanding out around the dry spot.

Second pic was the inside of her undershirt. It had been holding the thing in place, and was a sweat-soaked, twisted band-aid looking thing, stuck to her shirt with sweat.

She's not very eloquent, she just said they smelled like rear end. And that she hoped they cost less than the essential oil (specifically designed to stop sweating) that I also sent her.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

Haha I sent something similar to this (bought off of Amazon, possibly the same exact thing) to a friend of mine. We were BFFs in HS and the poor lady just pours sweat from her armpits. Back in HS she generally just wore an undershirt of some kind to soak up some of the sweat, I think she still does that when she gives a poo poo.

She's tried seeing doctors, but if you're on Medicaid, docs are apparently not too concerned of you're not showing any signs of an illness.

Anyway, she got them, grumped at me in a friendly fashion, and then half an hour later sent me two pics.

First pic was of her torso & arm from the side, arm raised. There was no sweat on her shirt in the actual pit, but there was about four times as much sweat as she would normally make in a half hour, expanding out around the dry spot.

Second pic was the inside of her undershirt. It had been holding the thing in place, and was a sweat-soaked, twisted band-aid looking thing, stuck to her shirt with sweat.

She's not very eloquent, she just said they smelled like rear end. And that she hoped they cost less than the essential oil (specifically designed to stop sweating) that I also sent her.

you are a good friend

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
I try

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.
If you need chain mail bikinis or dresses, one of the stores I bought jewelry from apparently has you covered.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Not sure I could handle scratchy rhinestones on the ol' nip-nops.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Life is suffering

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

queserasera posted:

Pain is beauty, friend.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
A ton of my girlfriend's stuff showed up. Watch didn't work, her set of like 9 different kinds of pens ended up being ~50 of the same design. All immediately refunded of course but she was a little peeved about the watch

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Captain Yossarian posted:

A ton of my girlfriend's stuff showed up. Watch didn't work, her set of like 9 different kinds of pens ended up being ~50 of the same design. All immediately refunded of course but she was a little peeved about the watch

Ugh, that sucks. I ordered a bunch of cheap watches and fountain pens during the sale to get a sense of the spectrum of quality and it's pretty huge. One laughably horrible watch had a bunch of fake hands and dials and poo poo, and one that cost $3 more is a really decent mechanical watch that has keep perfect time since I've had it.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Bored posted:

has you covered.

Barely.

Space Taxi
Oct 31, 2016

queserasera posted:

Just think of it as a sexy nipple massage.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Mystery solved: Aliexpress packages (of course) aren't registered mail but Posti treats them as such so that they don't have to actually carry them to their destinations, making people have to pick them up from the post office instead.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Some of my ebay packages arrived as registered even though I never paid for anything above the free shipping tier. Perhaps some Ali vendors send it like that too?
My regular post office was shut down so I now have to drive to the new one to pick anything up. Well I drove to the previous one too because I'm a lazy piece of poo poo, but this one's still at least twice as far.

More importantly though, they apparently have a new SOP for deliveries. It's either a small unregistered package that they stuff in the mailbox, or they just keep it at the post office. That's literally all they do. It used to be that they'd try to deliver it and if it didn't fit or you weren't home, they'd drop a note telling you to pick up your poo poo. But now there's nothing, so unless you have a tracking number and know that it arrived, you're basically hosed. The only solution is to go there weekly (before they junk/send it back ) and ask if they're storing anything, which is what I'm doing now in order not to miss any Ali/ebay poo poo. Really weird as I'm sure this isn't how it's supposed to work, but they seem to have no clue.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

mobby_6kl posted:

It used to be that they'd try to deliver it and if it didn't fit or you weren't home, they'd drop a note telling you to pick up your poo poo. But now there's nothing, so unless you have a tracking number and know that it arrived, you're basically hosed.

I'm sure they're breaking a law and/or international treaty or two but :shrug:

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
What is this terrible country where they make you pick up packages?

Everything I've ordered from Aliexpress has been couriered to my door in New Zealand, even a little pack of stickers.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

FillInTheBlank posted:

One with a semi-privatized postal system overseen by a literal robber-baroness.

e: People hate her so much (for various reasons) that a company with the same name had to issue a press release trying to convince people she was in fact not related to their brand in any way.

3D Megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Jun 11, 2017

haris pilton
Sep 4, 2014
I only buy knock-off ray-ban sunglasses of AE.
They sell good.

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

One of my Ali orders was shipped first class royal mail from a warehouse in Lincolnshire to London.

Still took a while to arrive tho.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

gmq posted:

I don't know who recommended those melamine foam blocks but they are amazing, my kitchen has never been cleaner and I have like a hundred left. :allears:

What exactly are these? Can you link them?

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

:h: be good and try hard! :h:

Hopper posted:

What exactly are these? Can you link them?

They're the same product as Magic Erasers - a product that is just a hunk of melamine foam with added fragrance. :) You can buy them in bulk on Aliexpress.

sandball
Jan 6, 2006

haris pilton posted:

I only buy knock-off ray-ban sunglasses of AE.
They sell good.

Which knockoffs do you buy? I could use me a new pair of sunglasses for my gooneyes.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Jerry Cotton posted:

One with a semi-privatized postal system overseen by a literal robber-baroness.

e: People hate her so much (for various reasons) that a company with the same name had to issue a press release trying to convince people she was in fact not related to their brand in any way.
Nope, fully socialized postal system here. So if you don't like it you can go gently caress yourself.

Well actually if you're shipping stuff yourself you can choose from a number of alternative services, but stuff like overseas air mail gets handled by the post office. And to be fair, I haven't had any issues before, but this is just bizarre.

FillInTheBlank posted:

Everything I've ordered from Aliexpress has been couriered to my door in New Zealand, even a little pack of stickers.
Well yeah, the little stuff gets dropped in the mailbox. The problem is either registered or packages that are too large to fit, that you have to pick up personally (since I'm never at home if/when they deliver). The only difference from normal operation is that they don't notify you so the only way to know is by tracking the package, if possible, or just randomly popping in to the office to ask them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

mobby_6kl posted:

Nope, fully socialized postal system here. So if you don't like it you can go gently caress yourself.

:confused: