Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

ShowTime posted:

Can confirm. It's awesome drawing all 3 crones, a couple of frosts and a foglet or two.

https://clips.twitch.tv/TenuousBumblingGarlicBCWarrior

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
You have 5 mulligans. Limit yourself to 5 cantrip cards and nobody will get hurt.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Normal Adult Human posted:

You have 5 mulligans. Limit yourself to 5 cantrip cards and nobody will get hurt.

I just got hosed by getting two crones and two frosts in the first draw and a crone and a frost in the second. But you can manage fine most of the time, yeah.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Two crones two frosts isn't a problem though. Unless there were some foglets in there.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Gonna make an entire deck of cards that I dont want In my hand. Crones, Witchers, Foglets, Hounds+Frost, Nekkers, ect.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
The strategy has worked so well for Nilfgaard, might as well use it in every deck. Pull all the poo poo out of your deck so that only good stuff remains. If you use all 25 cards of your deck you'll probably do better than the person that only uses 15-16.

D.Ork Bimboolean
Aug 26, 2016

ShowTime posted:

The strategy has worked so well for Nilfgaard, might as well use it in every deck. Pull all the poo poo out of your deck so that only good stuff remains. If you use all 25 cards of your deck you'll probably do better than the person that only uses 15-16.

This is really the core of card advantage in any CCG.

Opened a new account, pure F2P, that I plan on only playing Northern Realms on it. Finished the challenges and not even level 10 from casual yet, but going into ranked soon.

Any suggestions on where to go next with this? I assume save scraps for a Operator, Shani, and other stuff:

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

D.Ork Bimboolean posted:

Well I guess I can't count on that EG sponsorship after all. I thought I was on that new poo poo.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Megazver posted:

Ugh. Failed so hard.

Opponent passed with a 25 strength Mork. I shackle it then pass. Then, the next round, I am thinking Mork is staying locked if I resurrect him, so I don't immediately grab him with my Caretaker. (I also forgot that how much resurrect poo poo Skellige has, that one's on me. I should start building other faction decks.) But no, apparently resurrecting him turns his poo poo back on as well.

Morkvarg + whatever that headless dude is called is such a pain in the dick combo, especially since you can't even get them out of the graveyard unless you figure out a way to do it before the round ends.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Is Savage Bear supposed to stop deploy effects from going off? I just played my Wyvern into my opponent's Savage Bear and I didn't get to deal any damage to any of his units. I could understand SB killing 1 health units before they can trigger their deploy effects, but the Wyvern has 6 health.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

D.Ork Bimboolean posted:

Any suggestions on where to go next with this? I assume save scraps for a Operator, Shani, and other stuff:

Operator, Shani, Alzur's Double Cross, Reinforcement

Alzur and Reinforcement to pull Operator, Reavers and Nenneke if/when you don't have them when needed.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Lester Shy posted:

Is Savage Bear supposed to stop deploy effects from going off? I just played my Wyvern into my opponent's Savage Bear and I didn't get to deal any damage to any of his units. I could understand SB killing 1 health units before they can trigger their deploy effects, but the Wyvern has 6 health.

Did the Wyvern die? It's an oversight. New patch that should be hitting Monday should fix it. All battlecries should proc before you lose the unit I believe.

Also is the Bekker Monster list you guys talking about this one?
http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/18560-1-ladder-dagon-fog

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Xtanstic posted:

Did the Wyvern die? It's an oversight. New patch that should be hitting Monday should fix it. All battlecries should proc before you lose the unit I believe.

Also is the Bekker Monster list you guys talking about this one?
http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/18560-1-ladder-dagon-fog

Yup that is the better list, as it won't cause too much Mulligan ulcers. Bear Roar is more popular these days than lacerate.

King Pawn
Apr 24, 2010

D.Ork Bimboolean posted:

Opened a new account, pure F2P, that I plan on only playing Northern Realms on it. Finished the challenges and not even level 10 from casual yet, but going into ranked soon.

Disclaimer: I'm still pretty new, but I'm focusing on NR too and have been playing/watching a lot in the last week so I'll add my two cents:

1. I would play almost anything ahead of the Light Cavalry. Especially at low ranks and without Thaler, you really can't get them to proc consistently. Aretuza Adept+Torrential Rain+Blue Stripes Commando is a nice package that gives even more deck thinning, or Temerian Infantryman even.

2. Shani isn't played at all in a lot of the really high ranked NR decks. I certainly wouldn't craft her first, you already have decent golds. Operator/Reinforcement/Dethmold are way higher priority and some of your silvers suck balls. Probably even Cleaver would be an upgrade IMO.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

I guess the stream today's gonna be a big one, Swim saying he's gonna restream "The first part of it," but he won't be restreaming the second half for unexplained reasons.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Oh that's spicy. Wonder what else it could be? Maybe something to do with the single player? Which he doesn't really need to restream.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Minrad posted:

I guess the stream today's gonna be a big one, Swim saying he's gonna restream "The first part of it," but he won't be restreaming the second half for unexplained reasons.

Single player preview? New formats? Yennerfer Conjurer getting 1+ str?

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

I'm betting it's just a preview of the singleplayer campaign. I assume they want that out to capstone the end of beta and aside from a little 20 second clip of it we haven't seen or heard any details about it.

Maybe some new spell/card animations? They did say they want everything to be on par with Skellige storm before release...

Minera fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Jun 12, 2017

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
isn't the stream supposed to be soon? can't find anything on their twitter.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

https://twitter.com/PlayGwent/status/873179873090646017

Starts half an hour from now.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
turns out i'm blind! thanks!

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
So Swim is just leaving his stream early because he has to get ready for casting a tournament tonight. Probably not going to be anything huge revealed today.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
30 scrap per keg purchased. Including in closed beta. I'm gonna have so much god drat scrap.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

ShowTime posted:

30 scrap per keg purchased. Including in closed beta. I'm gonna have so much god drat scrap.

Hell, same

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

You can mouseover individual keywords and do it while opening kegs, nice.

The discard longship's 6 str now, so I guess we're in store for a lot of other balance changes

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Uhh I bought way too many kegs.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Patch is in the following "days"

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
God damnit. Still no patch date. Just "in the following days".

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
yeah that was all i really wanted to know, dammit :|

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

I hope they're still nerfing Kayran since I just crafted a premium to take advantage of that sweet scrap refund.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

mages reverted to the way they were
bork nerfed to 4 power
ciri nerfed to 5 power
sarah buffed to 8 power
johhny buffed to 7 power
vesemir buffed to 7 power
roach nerfed to 4 power
SKELLIGE
QGs buffed to 4, still not veteran
kambi buffed to 1 power, hemdall nerfed to 11
hjalmar now spawns undvik on the leftmost side
savage bear up to 6 power, still damages at the end
yen's unicorn back to silver
warlongship buffed to 6
king bran buffed to 4
svanrige buffed to 6
NORTHERN REALMS
radovid now can toggle lock, buffed to 4 power
reavers wont buff other reavers in the graveyard and nerfed to 4 power
must choose when using thaler
kaedweni sergeant changed from melee to agile
pavetta buffed to 7
aretuza adept buffed to 4
odrin buffed to 5
dun banner cavalry buffed to 3
MONSTERS
water hag consume bug fixed
dagon nerfed to 6
wyvern damage increased to 3 from 2, no longer requires brave
cealeno harpy nerfed to 4
nekker buffed to 3
SCOITAEL
francesca buffed to 6
neophyte buffed to 7, no armor
dol blathanna trapper buffed to 5
vrihedd officer buffed to 7
vrihedd brigade buffed to 6
blue montain commando buffed to 3
morenn buffed to 6
milva buffed to 9
NILFGARD
mangonel buffed to 5
calveit on 3 power, golems now spawn after you play calveit's ability, the not chosen cards stay on top of deck
cahir nerfed to 4
rainfarn nerfed to 4

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Big nerf to Reavers (6 -> 4 and no longer gets boosted in graveyard), so if the buffs to machines and others don't do enough NR is again in the shitter

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Reavers were OP and NR is getting huge buffs, they'll be fine. Even if they're still bad the change was necessary either way to actually let NR get buffs that weren't OP on top of reavers.

Bears being 6 is... idk about that. They're gonna be auto include in most SK decks now.

Also unsure about that mage change. They were very strong with blue stripes, now not so much.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Double Bill posted:

Big nerf to Reavers (6 -> 4 and no longer gets boosted in graveyard), so if the buffs to machines and others don't do enough NR is again in the shitter

They were too strong and dumb.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Sergeant becoming agile is huge. Otherwise seems good but scoia bronzes still dumpster.

I didn't even know reavers buffed in graveyard. Nerf is otherwise irrelevant if you run the sergeants/commandos version (adept version is affected though)

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
Savage Bear to 6 is ridiculous. That card is going to be insanely oppressive and I bet almost every SK deck will run three of them. At 6, Savage Bear is an 11 str bronze if the enemy plays a single cilantro harpy with it on the field. Most round ones against skellige go long, and the only easy removal on bear now is Alzur's Thunder. Bear at 5 was solid, Bear at 6 is a strong contender for best bronze in the game, especially since decks that go wide (3 str NR decks, monster consume) are only possibly going to start seeing play after this patch.

I like the golem change with Calveit. No longer a guaranteed three card thinning. Still good, just not stupid.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.
Very good changes overall.

Nerfs to harpies and dagon are more significant than people think because monsters don't really have many big bombs to drop and they need all the points they can get.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

No Wave posted:

Sergeant becoming agile is huge. Otherwise seems good but scoia bronzes still dumpster.

I didn't even know reavers buffed in graveyard. Nerf is otherwise irrelevant if you run the sergeants/commandos version (adept version is affected though)

Yeah sergeant buff is huge in consideration with Ves being better as well, since she can block scorch/gigni. NR will be interesting to play, both as reavers or siege.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
yeah I'm not feeling super good about my monsters here :chloe:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

botany posted:

yeah I'm not feeling super good about my monsters here :chloe:

Still a T1 deck without any doubt.