Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

...! posted:

Yeah, it works best when you find people who don't seem to know that Jason does understand how doorknobs work or are otherwise playing idiotically.

One counselor protip from my counselor games: if Jason is in or near your cabin and so is another counselor, immediately jump into a hiding space. If Jason kills the other counselor, nine times out of ten he'll assume that the other counselor was alone and will morph away. Too bad for the other counselor!

Lock yourself in a room, open the window, and hide in a closet/under a bed. Great way to trick people into thinking you ran off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Chit, I was both the dude you gave the 10 second head start to, and the Tommy who dueled you to save the nerds.

Speaking of GOON TALES- THE TALES OF CHAD

We had two expert Chad Tales this time around, where everyone went Chad. I died tragically early in the first Chaddening, and was then witness to Last Dancer chadding harder than any Chad should ever Chad, as he hosed around in the closet the entire goddamn time until only one person else was left. Then he left the closet to call Tommy, and at that point, a pact was made in the Chadderlife.

Who so ever respawned as Tommy would gun Last Dancer down.

Last Dancer then reinforced this by loving off into the goddamn ocean and just sitting there at the exit, with the Jason of that round completely clueless. The hero Silver Nova found him and his treacherous Chad ways, and after some finagling, managed to gun the brute down.

We then had round two of the Chaddening and the Chaddest thing ever happened. So I hooked up with Silver I believe, and we saw the boat being worked on. I found the propeller, and saw the two working on it hosed off.

So we ran to the boat, but as I was fixing it, Last Dancer rolls up and puts a bear trap right next to me. So I gently caress up the repair a dozen times to try and get Jason to come the gently caress over- Jason rolls up as I finish it, Last Dancer gets in the boat, I disarm the trap and then get axed to death, and Silver is slaughtered while Last Dancer rides off into the Chaddiest sunset.

He maximum Chadded us. No anger could be had.

Also PSA- If Burk comes up to Jason and says that he wants to make a deal, he is not joking. I was Bugsy the last round and wanted to kill Chads, but the Jason actively stopped me from going after the Chads. I was even going to help him hold the line at the end but he was having none of it.

If I offer to help you, Jason players, please do consider my offer. I am not a subtle man. If I want to fight you I will run away or I will clober you in the head with a bat.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Tonight at about a minute in to one of my Jason runs (I got like 4 tonight, two were back to back) I morphed to a cabin to kill power and the door was open. I walked inside and there was some dude just slowly checking drawers. I snatched him up and yelled "CLOSE THE DOOR" as I tossed him through the window.

Some counselors are very energy inefficient.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Played my first match last night after having watched some streams.

I wandered around aimlessly saw a couple of other guys in the distance, and Jason's trail of destruction but never really saw anyone else. Found and installed the battery and the propeller, by which time everywhere I went had been picked clean. I did find a shotgun in the barn, and while I was doing that both the car and the boat left.

Anyway then I wandered off into the woods and got murdered. It was pretty great.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Carebearz posted:

we were trying to figure out why you sat there and let Tommy take the gas

Also, RIP LastDancer, you Chad'd too hard

For some reason you can't always hear the player mics while dead/escaped, but I decided to give him 10 seconds just like I gave the dead man next to him. I figured it would make the finale more interesting if I gave him a head start and let the car get a step closer to completion.

And I was right. Instead of a total wipe, we got a Jason vs. Tommy duel and the only two survivor bros making a narrow escape.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
The Devs are hinting that Pamela is in the works for this upcoming Friday the 13th.

You know what? I'd be happy enough if she was just as immortal and effectively another Jason. Same with Roy from part 5. It might not "make sense" but whatever.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

The more I play, the more I would rather they just iron out the issues with the game before they start adding more things to it.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Has anyone put up a clear set of screenshots of all the Jason models unmasked? My googling efforts are just bringing up a bunch of stuff about the movies and action figures.

Hockles posted:

The more I play, the more I would rather they just iron out the issues with the game before they start adding more things to it.

Very much so.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Hockles posted:

that's what they're doing, really. the people working on new assets are just not the same people who fix server issues or whatever

also i dont think they're going to be releasing anything on the 13th, but we'll probably get our first look at some post-release content and singleplayer

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Burkion posted:

Chit, I was both the dude you gave the 10 second head start to, and the Tommy who dueled you to save the nerds.

Speaking of GOON TALES- THE TALES OF CHAD

We had two expert Chad Tales this time around, where everyone went Chad. I died tragically early in the first Chaddening, and was then witness to Last Dancer chadding harder than any Chad should ever Chad, as he hosed around in the closet the entire goddamn time until only one person else was left. Then he left the closet to call Tommy, and at that point, a pact was made in the Chadderlife.

Who so ever respawned as Tommy would gun Last Dancer down.

Last Dancer then reinforced this by loving off into the goddamn ocean and just sitting there at the exit, with the Jason of that round completely clueless. The hero Silver Nova found him and his treacherous Chad ways, and after some finagling, managed to gun the brute down.

We then had round two of the Chaddening and the Chaddest thing ever happened. So I hooked up with Silver I believe, and we saw the boat being worked on. I found the propeller, and saw the two working on it hosed off.

So we ran to the boat, but as I was fixing it, Last Dancer rolls up and puts a bear trap right next to me. So I gently caress up the repair a dozen times to try and get Jason to come the gently caress over- Jason rolls up as I finish it, Last Dancer gets in the boat, I disarm the trap and then get axed to death, and Silver is slaughtered while Last Dancer rides off into the Chaddiest sunset.

He maximum Chadded us. No anger could be had.

Also PSA- If Burk comes up to Jason and says that he wants to make a deal, he is not joking. I was Bugsy the last round and wanted to kill Chads, but the Jason actively stopped me from going after the Chads. I was even going to help him hold the line at the end but he was having none of it.

If I offer to help you, Jason players, please do consider my offer. I am not a subtle man. If I want to fight you I will run away or I will clober you in the head with a bat.

I was that Jason that tried to stop the Chad boat.

question, after i killed Silver could i have dropped off the pier and water ran in fron of the boats path and wrecked Dancer, or could i have morphed into the water ahead of Dancer?

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Don't you have to get alongside the boat to stop it via flipping it over?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Carebearz posted:

I was that Jason that tried to stop the Chad boat.

question, after i killed Silver could i have dropped off the pier and water ran in fron of the boats path and wrecked Dancer, or could i have morphed into the water ahead of Dancer?

Either way. You don't even have to get in front of the boat- once you go under the boat you get a prompt that would let you flip the boat and knock him out. From there you can drown his rear end. That's why I was shocked he got out alive.

But yeah you can either shift into the water or teleport.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

good to know, i've only played Jason like 3 times.

Mostly I was impressed with LastDancer Chaddiness as I would have done the same as Chad and felt bad the dead Chad's conspired against him for aspiring to be what all Chad's wish to be.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

Kelp Plankton posted:

that's what they're doing, really. the people working on new assets are just not the same people who fix server issues or whatever

also i dont think they're going to be releasing anything on the 13th, but we'll probably get our first look at some post-release content and singleplayer

Drunken Baker posted:

The Devs are hinting that Pamela is in the works for this upcoming Friday the 13th.

You know what? I'd be happy enough if she was just as immortal and effectively another Jason. Same with Roy from part 5. It might not "make sense" but whatever.

Pretty sure this means October, that's plenty of time to work on both.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, if they do get Pamela going, it's going to be months from now. After Single Player

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Burkion posted:

Yeah, if they do get Pamela going, it's going to be months from now. After Single Player

I'll only accept Pamela if they model in a young Kevin Bacon

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Carebearz posted:

I'll only accept Pamela if they model in a young Kevin Bacon

That does raise an interesting question

What would she look like? Do they have the rights to Betsy Palmer's likeness?

I know they had to finagle stuff to get Tommy

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Burkion posted:

That does raise an interesting question

What would she look like? Do they have the rights to Betsy Palmer's likeness?

I know they had to finagle stuff to get Tommy

she should be statted out like a counselor though since she was just a regular person, albeit crazy as poo poo. she could only be killed by a machete though or was an axe used to cut her head off?

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I mean they have her voice and severed head already, they'll probably just chuck that on top of a new body.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Well, they have A voice. They don't have Betsy Palmer's voice. And the head is the decayed head from Part 2, which doesn't really look like Betsy. I'd assume if she's the killer, she'd be alive. Though who knows, we got Corpse Pamela in Part 3.

Outside of that yeah, she should be a lot weaker than Jason, more stalking and hiding. Maybe remove some of the ways to get out of the camp?

I think they've mentioned that if they got to do her, she'd have to have a totally unique map

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Burkion posted:

Ha, that's great. I don't usually keep track of who Tommy is on the board until after the fact.

I'm not too big on making deals as Jason (it feels too much like when you're playing paintball or something and that kid offers a truce when they're losing), but I think giving people a sporting chance and allowing cool moments is worth more than just shift-grabbing and shift-beating an entire game in 10 minutes.

I watched the first movie yesterday. In regards to Pamela, you could make her a credible threat while still keeping true to the film:

* No shotguns or flare guns on the map.

* Pamela can be killed with a machete or axe and has weak stun resistance, but blunt weapons can only knock her down.

* Pamela can sprint, hide, and crouch like counselors but has weakened Shift.

* Pamela's music doesn't play until she attacks someone, allowing her to sneak up on them.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
I'm not sure if they will do Pamela - but I would think they'd have to do some sort of "deception" type killer in order to be balanced with the current maps.

Here's my idea below:

(Let's call the player playing Pam as Player "P", all other Counselors Players "C")

• Launch lobby menu doesn't give away that the Player "P" has picked Pam, it shows as a Jason.

• All Player C's see another Player C's Jason at the start of the match intro with Chad-face.

• The score screen displays that other Player C as the selected Jason, even though they are not.

• Player P appears as a counselor on the score screen.

• Pam starts with walkie and can communicate over it.

• Pam can see everyone on her map.

• Pam can hover the cursor over the map and see information on the player, including username and which counselor they are.

• Pam has a power to interrupt walkie communication for a time.

• Pam has a power which triggers Jason proximity music to come from a designated location, a Player C, or him/herself.

• Pam appears as a white dot on the map of Player C's. One dot is removed so you cannot count 8 and figure out it's a Pam. Pam can turn off her white dot for a time.

• Pam can place Jason traps.

• Pam can hide in counselor hiding places.

• Pam can morph, her morph will move her INSIDE a cabin. Pam cannot morph to an occupied cabin, however.

• Pam kills with a bow + arrow and a knife. Pam's weaponry deals a massive amount of damage if it strikes from behind, the knife is instantly lethal without the thick skin perk.

• Pam can go for environmental grab-kills, but only if you are injured. She'll probably need 2 hands.

• Pam can be killed, but she does not get stunned or knocked down for very long.

• Pam cannot break down doors, but she can vault windows.

• Pam can run fast. (Vanessa speed, without stamina)

• Pam constantly hears a young boys voice throughout the match, saying things like: "They won't help me, mommy!"

So basically Pam makes you think there's a Jason in the match and mindfucks you the entire game. Her strategy is to isolate you, and then either fool you into thinking she's a friendly, or waits to ambush you inside a cabin. When she moves for the kill, she'll turn off the walkie communication so you cannot warn anyone that it's actually a Pam and not Jason.

The idea is that you have no clue it's a Pam until you actually see her. Pam is very strong so long as people don't know it's Pam, but once the cat is out of the bag it becomes much harder for her.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

As long as Pam gets an environmental kill where she inexplicably gains enough super strength to rocket a councilor from the outside of a closed cabin window to the inside.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Just as I started thinking it was way too early for them to be talking about making a single-player campaign, they're already talking about adding a new killer? This game is fun but it has major, major, major issues they need to fix before they start making add-ons. Even if it's done by a different team (which I don't see how that could be possible, given how small Gun is), implementing something new before fixing the old is just going to make fixing everything needlessly complicated. That's just software engineering 101.

They need to put everyone on getting this poo poo fixed and not even start working on anything else until it's done. They already promised things that they still haven't delivered. They said consoles would have dedicated servers. Consoles are currently a clusterfuck because there's not even host migration. They tweeted that they're adding migration soon but honestly it sounds like an afterthought. The backer clothing packs still don't work. Perks often aren't actually equipped even though it shows they are. This is in addition to the obvious jankiness, the multitude of glitches, etc.

There's a lot of work left to be done. These people are putting the cart before the horse.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

the only issue is LastDancer is too Chad for us mere mortals.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

...! posted:

The backer clothing packs still don't work.

Is that a PC issue? Because mine works on XBox.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Pam will straight up be the NES version.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Carebearz posted:

the only issue is LastDancer is too Chad for us mere mortals.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Republicans posted:

Pam will straight up be the NES version.

I'd actually love a NES Jason skin. That would be hilarious to see that purple and light blue monstrosity coming after you.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?
Going to jump back in on this in the near future. I picked up Uncharted 4, Horizon Zero Dawn, and the Wipeout collection for 100 bucks, so I've been on my PS4 almost exclusively lately.

I use Kenny because he doesn't seem to have any specific weaknesses. He's not good at anything, but for learning the game, he seems like the best option. I was thinking of trying out a high stealth character next, but I'm open to suggestions.

Also, I'd rather have Roy than Pamela. Hell, let's say gently caress the canon and have Jason and Roy have a grand ol time together.

Sdoots fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Jun 12, 2017

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Drunken Baker posted:

Right when The Evil Within 2 is coming out.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?

Scalding Coffee posted:

Right when The Evil Within 2 is coming out.

I already forgot that was a real thing.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

joylessdivision posted:

I'd actually love a NES Jason skin. That would be hilarious to see that purple and light blue monstrosity coming after you.

Especially if they can get the rights to the music and sound effects.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Sdoots posted:

Going to jump back in on this in the near future. I picked up Uncharted 4, Horizon Zero Dawn, and the Wipeout collection for 100 bucks, so I've been on my PS4 almost exclusively lately.

I use Kenny because he doesn't seem to have any specific weaknesses. He's not good at anything, but for learning the game, he seems like the best option. I was thinking of trying out a high stealth character next, but I'm open to suggestions.

Also, I'd rather have Roy than Pamela. Hell, let's say gently caress the canon and have Jason and Roy have a grand ol time together.

With a stealthy character you'll be the last to die a lot, just hope you have a plan (I never do)

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

...! posted:

Just as I started thinking it was way too early for them to be talking about making a single-player campaign, they're already talking about adding a new killer? This game is fun but it has major, major, major issues they need to fix before they start making add-ons. Even if it's done by a different team (which I don't see how that could be possible, given how small Gun is), implementing something new before fixing the old is just going to make fixing everything needlessly complicated. That's just software engineering 101.

They need to put everyone on getting this poo poo fixed and not even start working on anything else until it's done. They already promised things that they still haven't delivered. They said consoles would have dedicated servers. Consoles are currently a clusterfuck because there's not even host migration. They tweeted that they're adding migration soon but honestly it sounds like an afterthought. The backer clothing packs still don't work. Perks often aren't actually equipped even though it shows they are. This is in addition to the obvious jankiness, the multitude of glitches, etc.

There's a lot of work left to be done. These people are putting the cart before the horse.

Just making a model for a new killer is, conservatively, more than a week's worth of man-hours, and that's after a period of discussion, concepts, internal testing, and programming. When a developer says "we're thinking about it," that means "you may see something in six months to a year depending on how the process goes." That's also grunt creative work that has nothing to do with their internal quality assurance team.

Granted, in a small company, there's likely significant internal crossover between those roles, but talking about expansions to the base game will not detract significantly from attempts to fix the base game for weeks or months, if ever.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

A. Beaverhausen posted:

With a stealthy character you'll be the last to die a lot, just hope you have a plan (I never do)

gently caress that noise. Play Chad, and snatch a solo victory from your servantsfriends as they are left behind to be killed by Jason

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I'm still waiting for an all-Chad game where everyone is a backbiting dick.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I'm still waiting for an all-Chad game where everyone is a backbiting dick.

We did that last night

The result was one Chad getting away in the boat that I was attempting to steal from him with another Chad after he put a bear trap down to Chad us out of our Chadding while I hosed up the repair to draw Jason near to further out Chad that Chad.

Every other Chad died

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Coffee And Pie posted:

Lock yourself in a room, open the window, and hide in a closet/under a bed. Great way to trick people into thinking you ran off.

When I'm with one or two other people and Jason finds us, if I don't care sufficiently to save them I'll just hide in a closet or under a bed. Jason just sees the cabin lighting up, not how many people are in there or that someone is hiding. He's liable to spot the people already inside and chase after or kill them without bothering to search the hiding spots just in case there's an extra.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Well, until your character yelps and give themselves away.

• Locked thread