Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apes-Ma
Aug 9, 2011

Your cage isn't getting any bigger.

Cloud Potato posted:

David Squires:

That last panel would be a great avatar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Personal opinion, but in a landscape of melting, rotting horrors the DUP horse feels like the most unsettling and malevolent thing Rowson has ever drawn.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Playstation 4 posted:

Ah so it's less "why do people want things ugh" while being rich and sheltered, and more "ugh rich fuckers and consumerism". I can get behind that, probably should a skipped the aristocrat self insert though :v:

Aristocracide is a moral good.

I think you reading way too much into it. Its less "aristocrat self insert" and more "a visual shorthand to signal that it's a different era" and:

SexyBlindfold posted:

sometimes cartoonists just wake up and feel like drawing their characters in nice outfits, and that is cool and rad

Avirosb posted:

That's the beauty of Prickly City: It doesn't require having to delve into some rich backstory or extensive ~lore~ to appreciate,
you can just pick any random strip and then go from there. It's all basically the same :smuggo:
Well, I'm posting older strips on sundays so you can delve into ~the rich and rewarding lore~.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Cloud Potato posted:

David Squires:

Corbs is a boy

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

And this one, which I'm going to link instead of posting directly because it's filled with racial slurs. :nws: link :nws:

what in the world is going on with that sentence structure :confused:

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

what in the world is going on with that sentence structure :confused:

It should be "miserable as gently caress" instead of "as miserable as gently caress" but he didn't bother to proofread it I guess.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
that plus the disgusting lack of a comma

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?
Underrated reply.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

So Maryland and DC are suing trump apparently - will Branco draw them as whiny piss babies or just ignore it entirely?

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Kurtofan posted:

Corbs is a boy

Dat boi even?

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
instant headache. would it be so hard to draw an eagle with putin and trump heads?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Rincewinds posted:

Dat boi even?

I believe "the absolute boy" is the preferred nomenclature

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Gazpacho posted:

instant headache. would it be so hard to draw an eagle with putin and trump heads?

I'm starting to question how many Americans understand that the hammer and sickle is no longer used in Russia, well, except by weirdos like Aeroflot. I'd settle for bears, balalaikas​, and vodka over the hammer and sickle.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

SwitchbladeKult posted:

I'm starting to question how many Americans understand that the hammer and sickle is no longer used in Russia, well, except by weirdos like Aeroflot. I'd settle for bears, balalaikas​, and vodka over the hammer and sickle.

The hammer and sickle have been used for so long that it's a lot more effective of a symbol than just a bear drinking vodka

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

loquacius posted:

I believe "the absolute boy" is the preferred nomenclature

"The drat good boy" is also acceptable.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
Comey kept his cool under pressure, unlike trump, agc.

No wait, the testimony was a bombshell, AGAINST THE DEMS! If only there was some metaphor for a weapon you've deployed boomeranging back

The Intercept does suck but evidence shows she would've been apprehended anyway even if they didn't handle this as badly as possible. Not like that will stop Rall from complaining about journalists.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Avirosb posted:

That's the beauty of Prickly City: It doesn't require having to delve into some rich backstory or extensive ~lore~ to appreciate,
you can just pick any random strip and then go from there. It's all basically the same :smuggo:

B-b-b-but what about when Stantis had his painful and personal realization, after eight years of cheerleading Bush II, that you shouldn't be a cheerleader and, from now on, he'd be nothing but harsh on the President no matter who it happened to be starting January 20th, 2009?? He made an entire comic about it!

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

A Ted Rall/Glenn Greenwald slapfight would make our current American political hellscape just a little sunnier. You go get that Intercept, Todd. Give 'em the what for.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
The Intercept is Hitler.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Gazpacho posted:

Nobody would get it. They'd have to label it "Russia", which would make laypeople confused and people in this thread angry about overlabeling.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

When you draw the guy you support as a trapped, dumb, and dangerous animal.

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

Internet Webguy posted:

The Intercept does suck but evidence shows she would've been apprehended anyway even if they didn't handle this as badly as possible. Not like that will stop Rall from complaining about journalists.

I love how liberals love to criticize the Intercept and always​ try to blame it on Glenn Greenwald but everyone else gets a pass

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

What?

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Trump has laid mines around Justice, obstructing her.

For some reason it's apparently Comey's word against Comey's but whatever.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

whomupclicklike posted:

I love how liberals love to criticize the Intercept and always​ try to blame it on Glenn Greenwald but everyone else gets a pass

I read The Intercept regularly and usually defend them when D&D goes off on them or Greenwald for whatever reason, but they really hosed up on this one. Compromising the identity of your source when you're a publication known as a safe place to leak documents is a big problem.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

SwitchbladeKult posted:

I wonder how many Russians understand that balalaikas are actually a sign of a screenwriter giving a solitary gently caress and going for a stereotype that take a whole two seconds to come up with. And that absolutely no one has any idea that cranberries are supposed to be uniquely Russian.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Xander77 posted:

And that absolutely no one has any idea that cranberries are supposed to be uniquely Russian.

as a New Englander this makes absolutely no sense to me

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Trump has buried Comey's words.

Stevoblunt
Mar 12, 2008

Just look at the effort put into this strip and compare it to Tinsley. What a loving hack that guy is.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

SwitchbladeKult posted:

If Russia hadn't picked such a boring flag, this would be a good point. The hammer & sickle is so much cooler. And a useful shorthand for "Russia, up to its old tricks again."

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
The tricolour should be illegal under international law.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

That might be Secundus.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

D.N. Nation posted:

A Ted Rall/Glenn Greenwald slapfight would make our current American political hellscape just a little sunnier. You go get that Intercept, Todd. Give 'em the what for.

Truly a titanic battle of an immovable object and an unstoppable force.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Office Pig posted:

Personal opinion, but in a landscape of melting, rotting horrors the DUP horse feels like the most unsettling and malevolent thing Rowson has ever drawn.

DUP are also very unsettling and malevolent, so it fits.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

endlessmonotony posted:

DUP are also very unsettling and malevolent, so it fits.

Very scary people. I remember seeing news of the troubles as a kid in the mid 70s which was pretty nasty then this dreadful loud mouthed 'Reverend' would give an interview and you realised this was going to continue for a long time when there's so much hate involved. When Ian Paisley died the world became a much brighter place.

The locals here in Scotland near where I live still hold Orange marches too. After being stuck by a couple blocking roads you learn to avoid going out when they're on. Just wearing the wrong colour can get you beaten up (green for example).

The Tories like their evil but they can't hold a candle to the shear malevolence of the DUP.

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

duz posted:

I like how conservatives are still upset CNN once mentioned that Trump demands extra scoops of ice cream.

It's not even that, it's that he demands that he gets TWO scoops, while everyone else is only allowed ONE.

Because he's the BIG boy. the BIGGEST boy.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
The Tories right now are continuing to veer towards being lovely, but they are not close to being on the same level of lovely as the republicans. Doing anything with the DUP will change that for the worse.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Hunt11 posted:

The Tories right now are continuing to veer towards being lovely, but they are not close to being on the same level of lovely as the republicans. Doing anything with the DUP will change that for the worse.

The DUP hate the poo poo out of gay people and abortion rights, and love climate change denial and Young Earth Creationism. Let Jesus take the wheel! :heritage:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Internet Webguy posted:

Comey kept his cool under pressure, unlike trump, agc.

No wait, the testimony was a bombshell, AGAINST THE DEMS! If only there was some metaphor for a weapon you've deployed boomeranging back

Opposite of reality dot jpeg is getting old.

• Locked thread