Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rougey
Oct 24, 2013

Crabtree posted:

Gotta remember there are certain heists you just don't do with new players and one is Birth of Sky.

Lies.

let the bodies hit the floor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Rougey posted:

Lies.

More often than not, the newbies.

Live action trailers!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4ILB1N-6uo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hmp1da7pXTw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kqoob2gAIPY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJgGWwFvKyg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDcvwlSexE8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNX7nyfnV6s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6Xuk_cieHQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHgQmeLsNj0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvJaX70QwzM

maswastaken fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Jun 12, 2017

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Another Wolefenstein, another chance to say how much RAID needs BJ.

Rougey posted:

Lies.

Those pub bodies will fall right out of the plane an go into custody. Its a lot of poo poo they don't understand and they already have difficulty with Hotline.

Rougey
Oct 24, 2013

maswastaken posted:

Live action trailers!

Huh.

The John Wick trailer is blocked in Australia on copyright grounds by the film publisher.

Odd.

Guess I better go :filez: to spite them or something.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

themrguy posted:

Just picked up the game and watched a few of the webseries because I'm a huge nerd.

Do they uhhh ever reconcile the "We're only taking money the banks stole from the people!" rhetoric in the webseries with the total sociopaths that your characters are in-game?

Nope!

Somewhere around early 2015 the Payday Crew went from being a gang of bank robbers to the Legion of Doom. They're not plucky rogues and thieves, they're international supercriminals battling against the Cop Dimension.

Also Rougey is right, the KSP is amazing and throwing newbies into Birth of Sky for like their fourth or fifth heist is a good idea because it shows them how crazy poo poo can get (and what it's like to get your rear end kicked).

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Rougey posted:

Commando for sure... but have you heard about our bullet vomiting lord and savior, the KSP?

With the right build, the only time you'll need ammo from an ammo bag is when you want to take advantage of bulletstorm.

The only real drawback is the reload time, but with Bloodthirst and Lock 'n' Load you can cut that time down to next to nothing.

The KSP 58 is fine too, however it does have a longer reload to start with (again, not an issue so long as you stab a cop before relaoding)

I used to run the Buzzsaw and while I appreciate a good machine gun, I also appreciate my bullets going where I point them.

I also appreciate having a lot of concealment so I can go fast, and LMGs are not known for their concealment.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

There are many builds for using an LMG that still uses a suit. LMGs don't actually slow you down so running around in the speed of sound with a giant gently caress-off machine gun is a viable strat.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Tempest_56 posted:

Somewhere around early 2015 the Payday Crew went from being a gang of bank robbers to the Legion of Doom. They're not plucky rogues and thieves, they're international supercriminals battling against the Cop Dimension.
I will never not be amused at the concept of Payday2 being a game where are battling to push law enforcement back to the elemental plane of cops.

I forget what we call the wizards who are summoning them are called, though.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Leomancers.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
The Cop Wizard AKA The Elemental Lord of Law AKA Lex Maximus AKA THE LAW.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

watho posted:

There are many builds for using an LMG that still uses a suit. LMGs don't actually slow you down so running around in the speed of sound with a giant gently caress-off machine gun is a viable strat.

I should clarify - I also enjoy having the maximum Dodge chance to go with Anarchist's armor and Frenzy's damage reduction, and LMGs are very difficult to hide.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

The RPK can be concealed but requires aced low blow/sneaky bastard and optic illusions.

Rougey
Oct 24, 2013

Power Bottom posted:

I should clarify - I also enjoy having the maximum Dodge chance to go with Anarchist's armor and Frenzy's damage reduction, and LMGs are very difficult to hide.

well...

The RPK can get you down to 23 detection, which is enough with sneaky bastard aced for the full dodge chance

I really enjoy running it, but only having 115 rounds compared to 215, I prefer to be a bit slower for more dakka longer.

Plus Muscle deck making cops panic.

Rougey fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Jun 12, 2017

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.
Been a while since I messed with it but I think a Bernetti (Baretta) side arm can actually get over 30 conceal which can compensate for the main weapon.
Granted you're very much better off using something else for your secondary like an HE Judge for shields or stun-dozers.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

Tack on anarchist, lbv, & armor skills (especially bullseye) & play the game like it's halo: your armor is your real health (& if you're doing it right you've got 200+points of it as well as regeneration for damage AND headshots), just don't let it break & everything is gravy. That said, I guess you could try poo poo like silencer skills or even body expertise in place of frenzy/beserker.

Glad to hear Anarch is still kicking like I remember, guess it's time to fight some cops.

I am so glad I made sure that comic was easily accessible in the new thread, because it really is the best summation of Pay2Day: The Slaughter.

e: well that or the best Rick & Morty segment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5A5Mb__fiA

Bain is basically Rick with a vape pen at this point anyway.

"Uhh, C-cau-*urp*-stic soda's next, uhh, I mean, probably. Who's paying attention? *vaaaaaaape*"

RandallODim fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Jun 12, 2017

Rougey
Oct 24, 2013

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

Tack on anarchist, lbv, & armor skills (especially bullseye) & play the game like it's halo: your armor is your real health (& if you're doing it right you've got 200+points of it as well as regeneration for damage AND headshots), just don't let it break & everything is gravy. That said, I guess you could try poo poo like silencer skills or even body expertise in place of frenzy/beserker.

I am recently a convert to body expertise over frenzy and holy hell it's fun with an LMG.

I also attempted Anarchist today for the first time, and had so much fun playing teacher in chat while standing in the middle of the street being shot at to no effect.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Rougey posted:

I also attempted Anarchist today for the first time, and had so much fun playing teacher in chat while standing in the middle of the street being shot at to no effect.
Anarchist + Frenzy + Berserker + Bullseye with shotguns is amazing and I am bad at playing any other way :(

Its been like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole for me when trying to git gud at running a Maniac or Gambler build.

If you ever just feel like loving around, try using a silent Judge with all the other damage modifiers - you OHKO anything but a Dozer on DW and it just feels so good.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Power Bottom posted:

I run my Anarchist+LBV+Dodge with a JP36, personally. With the quick-pull mag and Lock 'N Load/Bloodthirst, you've basically got infinite ammo and sub-1s reloads. (I went with suppressors over Frenzy, though.)

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Bootleg rifle might work. It can get to ~26 concealment with the silencer skills, so you can pair it with a Judge and basic sneaky bastard.

TearsOfPirates
Jun 11, 2016

Stultior stulto fuisti, qui tabellis crederes! - Idiot of idiots, to trust what is written!

Crabtree posted:

Gotta remember there are certain heists you just don't do with new players and one is Birth of Sky.

I actually did that with pubbies, but at least 1 of those was in a discord vc with me. So I guess this doesn't count? :shrug:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
This is what its like when I try on masks these days.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Tempest_56 posted:

I run my Anarchist+LBV+Dodge with a JP36, personally. With the quick-pull mag and Lock 'N Load/Bloodthirst, you've basically got infinite ammo and sub-1s reloads. (I went with suppressors over Frenzy, though.)

I gave building a JP36 a try, and this is what I came up with:

JP36 is equipped, Commando is selected.

Commando trades a wee bit of damage and accuracy for that 0.19 difference in reload speed. Dunno which I prefer more. I'll toy with the JP36 a bit, see how I like it.

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.
With BE, Accuracy is unimportant. Spray and pray.

My light rifle build is LBV Crook with Commando/JP36/Clarion/CAR-4 and Micro Uzi/MAC-10. Crits and BE ensure that everything dies fast on DW and below (not tried it on OD). Armour, dodge and first aid kits. Will probably work fine with Anarchist as well, but I prefer to use anarchist with fast-firing weapons that can kill bunches of cops at a time (eg Izhma). The one weakness this build has is shields, but I can usually flank them alright or use throwables to deal with them.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Well, Ultimate Edition and talking to a friend got me to decide to try getting back into this. Discord link in the OP has expired though; anyone have a current one? I would rather avoid the pubstove and all that.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Last time OP updated, Vox hadn't yet posted a permanent invite: https://discord.gg/mWeUnvQ

That ought to work.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Wastrel_ posted:

With BE, Accuracy is unimportant. Spray and pray.

My light rifle build is LBV Crook with Commando/JP36/Clarion/CAR-4 and Micro Uzi/MAC-10. Crits and BE ensure that everything dies fast on DW and below (not tried it on OD). Armour, dodge and first aid kits. Will probably work fine with Anarchist as well, but I prefer to use anarchist with fast-firing weapons that can kill bunches of cops at a time (eg Izhma). The one weakness this build has is shields, but I can usually flank them alright or use throwables to deal with them.

I'm one of those weirdos who doesn't use BE, partially because I prefer to focus on milling Bullseye procs and partially because I don't have the points left over to get it. A combination of Berserker/Frenzy, Crits, and Headshots carry me well enough on higher difficulties.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Power Bottom posted:

Commando trades a wee bit of damage and accuracy for that 0.19 difference in reload speed. Dunno which I prefer more. I'll toy with the JP36 a bit, see how I like it.

Yeah, they're pretty similar guns. The damage difference isn't enough to affect any breakpoints, though, so the difference is trading 4 accuracy for a slightly faster reload. Personally, I'd take the reload speed in that math, but obviously gunfeel's more important.

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler
I have made A Thing Which Should Not Be. Frenzerked Anarchist in suit. Crits. Silencer Damage. m1014 full of DB. Judge with buckshot fitted with silencer. Top it off with an ammo build that can get grenades back at random. Now I'm wondering if I should sacrifice sprint while reloading to get Swan Song Aced.

Guys I think I went too far.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Maybe 120 skill points was too much

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Dr Cheeto posted:

Maybe 120 skill points was too much not enough.
Fixed!

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Fuuka Ayase posted:

I have made A Thing Which Should Not Be. [...] Silencer Damage. m1014 full of DB.

Definitely.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

maswastaken posted:

Definitely.

disagree.

fuuka i require more insane builds

FEED ME MORE SCALPS

COP SCALPS

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Fuuka Ayase posted:

I have made A Thing Which Should Not Be. Frenzerked Anarchist in suit. Crits. Silencer Damage. m1014 full of DB. Judge with buckshot fitted with silencer. Top it off with an ammo build that can get grenades back at random. Now I'm wondering if I should sacrifice sprint while reloading to get Swan Song Aced.

Sounds like a normal one down build to me :confused:

Although not having fire rounds for effectively infinite armor is questionable.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
Finally looked up how much the Ultimate edition was going to cost me since I've already got most of the DLC. The final tally came out to $1.98, like two missing weapon packs. Good deal.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Tamayachi posted:

Finally looked up how much the Ultimate edition was going to cost me since I've already got most of the DLC. The final tally came out to $1.98, like two missing weapon packs. Good deal.

I checked it as I was only missing the B-Sides soundtrack, and I swear something else. It showed $45 and the dlc list showed me not owning the soundtrack. Ended up getting gifted the dlc later today, but the dlc list on the store still doesn't recognize I own it. Never did check the music folder though.

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler

UnknownMercenary posted:

Although not having fire rounds for effectively infinite armor is questionable.

I'm not sure what you mean here. The primary is full of dragon's breath. The secondary is full of buckshot for more instant damage. Such as making GBS threads on dozers in less than a clip of the judge.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I must have missed that at first glance, but yeah that's a pretty standard one down build.

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
So whats the deal with people being labeled cheaters? I asked one guy and he said its because he modified game files to get the DLC for free. wtf?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

FalloutGod posted:

So whats the deal with people being labeled cheaters? I asked one guy and he said its because he modified game files to get the DLC for free. wtf?

Yeah. Don't do that. Virtually all mods that aren't massive cheats or straight up theft like that guy's won't trigger the cheater tag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler

UnknownMercenary posted:

I must have missed that at first glance, but yeah that's a pretty standard one down build.

I am the major proponent behind fire crits. A thing barely talked about before. Certainly not something I've seen others drag through one down.