Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

I was a victim of a series of accidents, as are we all

Piell posted:

Spicer trying to backtrack from Trump's saying he would testify under oath.

But he was very clear, don't you understand!? That's my answer, he was very clear! What more do you people want, he was very clear, goddammit!

<breaks down weeping>

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Bottom Liner posted:

And no mention from anyone in the administration about the Pulse anniversary. Fuckers.

They're too disorganized to know that it was today.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Bottom Liner posted:

And no mention from anyone in the administration about the Pulse anniversary. Fuckers.

seriously that's an easy PR "win" for them

say something nice about LGBT month and the Pulse anniversary, then point the finger at RADICAL ISLAMIC TERRORISM and why we need extreme vetting, the travel ban, and a wall

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Party Plane Jones posted:

Spotted this on Haaretz, more details on where Israel got its intel:
https://twitter.com/nadabakos/status/874314622207234048

Lol looks like he did say the word "Israel" when talking to the Russians despite publicly claiming he didn't.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Bottom Liner posted:

an hour ago mate

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/874309930232184833

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Bottom Liner posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/874309930232184833

E;fb

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

PhazonLink posted:

Remember when B-rock didn't personally rescued that POW and regressives were like gently caress you Obama. Then we got the POW back, and they were like gently caress you Obama.

"Never leave a man behind YOU MUSLIM TERRORIST"

"Why did you spend our money to get this coward back YOU COMMUNIST TRAITOR"

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/874330706075320320

CNN's just straight up calling Spicer a coward lol

Bhaal
Jul 13, 2001
I ain't going down alone
Dr. Infant, MD
I can't find anything but appropriateness from this so I'm going to assume it was a staff tweet.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
What kind of responsibilities does the press secretary have beyond press conferences?

Also, I'd love to know what's going through Spicer's head when he smokebombs out super early. Is it "Well, I've exhausted all of my relative softballs, time to go"?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Bhaal posted:

I can't find anything but appropriateness from this so I'm going to assume it was a staff tweet.

He probably could have said something about how we need to protect and value LGBT lives, but that wouldn't let him put in hastags! probably would make VP mad too.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Crabtree posted:

He probably could have said something about how we need to protect and value LGBT lives, but that wouldn't let him put in hastags! probably would make VP mad too.

"gender traitors" is a lot more characters than "LGBT"

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Schumer released a parody video of Trump's cult-like Cabinet meeting.

https://twitter.com/SenSchumer/status/874327317748883456

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

theflyingorc posted:

Of all the things you've said that were not that simple - holy poo poo, this is Not That Simple.

I asked a question... You didn't answer it.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
https://twitter.com/ChloeAngyal/status/874332870067793923

PoopShipDestroyer
Jan 13, 2006

I think he's ready for a chair
I think Spicer has just finally realized that there is no point in sticking his neck out trying to defend a president who will very likely hours later contradict anything he says at that podium and then blame Spicer for screwing up. It seems like his press briefings the last couple weeks have even more "speaks for itself," "i think the president was very clear", etc deflections than ever before.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

Crabtree posted:

Don't go looking for problems where there aren't any. It was a good tweet.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
I'm sure Donnie remembers all the appreciative congrats he received.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

:holymoley:

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

:discourse:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Sinteres posted:

Schumer released a parody video of Trump's cult-like Cabinet meeting.

https://twitter.com/SenSchumer/status/874327317748883456

:perfect:

EDIT: Oh my word... slips on ban appeal. :thurman:

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

The Lord of Hats posted:

What kind of responsibilities does the press secretary have beyond press conferences?

Talking to the press. Literally that's it. That stuff where he says he hasn't talked to the President or doesn't know what Trump thinks about X is him refusing to do his job. It's calculated on the president's behalf but it's worthless.

Spicer was also communications director for a while, which is a more expansive job that includes messaging across various forms of media, but he got taken off that.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

God drat that's a good headline

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc
http://thehill.com/policy/cybersecurity/337416-covefe-act-would-make-social-media-a-presidential-record

quote:

Rep. Mike Quigley (D-Ill.) introduced legislation Monday to classify presidential social media posts — including President Trump's much-discussed tweets — as presidential records.

The Communications Over Various Feeds Electronically for Engagement (COVFEFE) Act, which has the same acronym as an infamous Trump Twitter typo last month, would amend the Presidential Records Act to include "social media."

theflyingorc fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jun 12, 2017

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Man, quality official trolling today.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

That is some good work.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/874325287143604224

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

At this rate, he'll open 9 of them in his first term!

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

quote:

Corsa Coal Corp. (TSXV:CSO) decided almost a year ago to open the Acosta mine, about 60 miles from Pittsburgh, to take advantage of higher metallurgical coal prices. The official opening took place last Thursday, attended by business leaders and about 200 miners whose "mining headgear lay atop red, white, and blue table cloths labeled 'Make Coal Great Again,' according to a description by Associated Press. The mine would create up to 100 new jobs.

http://www.mining.com/new-met-coal-mine-opens-pennsylvania/

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Hooray, we can get back to poisoning the environment and slowly killing thousands of workers for coal that no one wants! :downs:

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I don't get...oh gently caress I just got it. Dear lord.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Alter Ego posted:

Hooray, we can get back to poisoning the environment and slowly killing thousands of workers for coal that no one wants! :downs:

Don't lie, this won't poison thousands of workers.

It'll only employ 100 people!

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Alter Ego posted:

Don't worry, it'll only be 100 miners that are slowly killed.

E: f,b

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Today is a very "troll Trump" day.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
100 new jobs!

Is that really something to boast about? The amusement park I work at has about 300 employees.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

BigglesSWE posted:

100 new jobs!

Is that really something to boast about? The amusement park I work at has about 300 employees.

He's been leaning on very small positive-ish thing he's done, trying to imply that there's going to be much more winning in the future.

The problem is that when you're 5 months into a 4 year term, that doesn't work anywhere near as well.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

theflyingorc posted:

Today is a very "troll Trump" day.

:eyepop::popeye:

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice

BigglesSWE posted:

100 new jobs!

Well yeah but have you sucked off your local job creator today?

Didn't think so :smug:

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

So a coal mine that opened for use in steel production, not energy. If Trump ever talks about this mine i guarantee that he'll think it was for energy production.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

theflyingorc posted:

He's been leaning on very small positive-ish thing he's done, trying to imply that there's going to be much more winning in the future.

The problem is that when you're 5 months into a 4 year term, that doesn't work anywhere near as well.

It's also not his accomplishment. The company decided to open the mine a loving year ago. This mine was going to open no matter who was president.

• Locked thread