Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Lurdiak posted:

Like Morgellons.

Or cilantro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I have the cilantro gene. :(

But apparently it's not as bad as some. For example, Chipotle's cilantro lime rice is no problem, and thank god for that.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Josh Lyman posted:

I have the cilantro gene. :(

But apparently it's not as bad as some. For example, Chipotle's cilantro lime rice is no problem, and thank god for that.

It's good but it's never really MADE a dish for me.

NeuroticErotica
Sep 9, 2003

Perform sex? Uh uh, I don't think I'm up to a performance, but I'll rehearse with you...

Trying to think of some movies about artists selling out, not having a lot of luck. Any ideas?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

NeuroticErotica posted:

Trying to think of some movies about artists selling out, not having a lot of luck. Any ideas?

Swimming With Sharks?

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Barton Fink, sort of?

Adam Levine explicitly in Begin Again

Chubby Henparty fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Jun 12, 2017

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
come back its just a play boner bro

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Watching Katy Perry, in bed, watching her tiny dog hump a teddy bear, on that bed, is the apex of Western culture.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
It would appear that the trickster demon that held control over the likes of Britney Spears and Miley Cyrus for years has lept into Katy Perry.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Gonz posted:

It would appear that the trickster demon that held control over the likes of Britney Spears and Miley Cyrus for years has lept into Katy Perry.

I believe it's called the White Devil

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Omg I just discovered controlling Spotify on my desktop (connected to great speakers) with my iPhone.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Just finished The Sign of Four, and Watson is the most selfish A-hole ever.

Also Doyle really overestimates how much the reader cares about the villains' backstories and motivations.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Jun 12, 2017

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Bethesda making VR games now. We are going to see people die because they forget to eat and sleep, are we?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

https://twitter.com/SullyKWP/status/874134730563883008

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

The MSJ posted:

Bethesda making VR games now. We are going to see people die because they forget to eat and sleep, are we?
VR Skyrim would definitely kill some people.

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

NeuroticErotica posted:

Ladies and Gentlemen, the Fabulous Stains
Exit Through the Gift Shop
Pecker

Any plethora of Disney Channel movies. And, uh, Citizen Kane.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

NeuroticErotica posted:

Wayne's World

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

Oh poo poo, yes.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

NeuroticErotica posted:

Inside Llewyn Davis

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

NeuroticErotica posted:

It's been forever since I've seen it, but possibly Sid & Nancy?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

NeuroticErotica posted:

Josie and the Pussycats

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc

NeuroticErotica posted:

Depending on who you ask (SMG), Get Out deals subtextually with the fear of selling out, but that's a big stretch for what I think you're asking.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

NeuroticErotica posted:

Reality Bites kinda
La La Land
Hollywood Shuffle
Love Actually kinda
For Your Consideration
Bamboozled kinda

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

NeuroticErotica posted:

The gargoyle section of Tales From the Darkside: the Movie

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

NeuroticErotica posted:

The Producers

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Does Rockstar count?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Alhazred posted:

The Producers

That one's a case of them looking to fail and backfiring.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/politicalmath/status/873687121239752708

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Snak posted:

Does Rockstar count?

Isn't that the opposite situation?

Tiger
Oct 18, 2012

And you, who are you? This is what we've got, yes. What are you going to make of it?
Fun Shoe

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Isn't that the opposite situation?

Like, selling in? That doesn't make sense.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

I guess the ultimate movie about artists selling out is Rent.

But Rent is unfathomably terrible. Don't watch Rent.

Ever.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

mary had a little clam posted:

Obvious arguing about "what a movie thinks" is a little abstract, but I wanted to get some expert opinions on it, and since everyone but Lloyd Bridges is probably dead, I'm relying on you.

The absence of catharsis in the finale and the agency of Gary Cooper's wife would seem to indicate that the film at least acknowledges the existence of an alternative solution. But ultimately, I don't believe it's possible to find a definite answer to your question, and I don't think it's particularly important either considering most literary criticism tends to eschew authorial intent.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Tiger posted:

Like, selling in? That doesn't make sense.

It's been a while since I've seen it, but doesn't he conclude that his lifestyle was selling out and he ends up pursuing artistic integrity instead?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I mean, he starts as a guy who covers his favorite band out of passion for the music, and then he becomes a rockstar and is busy being that.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
I made an hour-long playlist for no reason: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7I17VdGa0QSd2tUNGVLYkZCemc/view?usp=sharing

Includes later Four Seasons, Cold Cave, and selections from the scores/soundtracks of Pinocchio, Dumbo, Song of the Sea, and Breakin'

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Slice of life: Man I hate lake/boat people with a passion but if someone said "hey let's go hang out on my boat in the lake" I'd be like gently caress yeah.

I mostly just hate working a barely above minimum wage job in a town full of rich white pricks.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

"Boat people" is what this girl I used to date called immigrants shortly before I stopped dating her.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

It's also the name of an excellent Hong Kong film.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

Coffee And Pie posted:

Slice of life: Man I hate lake/boat people with a passion but if someone said "hey let's go hang out on my boat in the lake" I'd be like gently caress yeah.

I mostly just hate working a barely above minimum wage job in a town full of rich white pricks.

Start doing voices, they'll poo poo-can you quick.

At least I still have my library card. The Autobiography of Malcolm X is fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Most hardcore Alien fans are borderline mentally ill, and completely stupid. *in an extremely anakin voice* I hate them!
I'm just ranting. But I'm glad Fassbender and Scott personally ruined the Alien for them.

• Locked thread