Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
megane
Jun 20, 2008

Renoistic posted:

A designer who likes to start from the "back or buttocks" when designing a character, mind. He also designed the characters in FF Tactics , FFXII and Vagrant Story. Everything makes sense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mMN-8rSx_s&t=159s

Top-down design is a fad; bottom-up is the way to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

A2 best 2.

Also: Mission Accomplished

https://twitter.com/yokotaro/status/874366980895256577

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

SirPhoebos posted:

A2...sounds like "et tu", as in "et tu brute?".

I'm trying to figure out what's gong on with her "top". The upper part looks like its actually painted onto her torso, but there's cloth hanging on the bottom.

There's a little cloth left, but mostly it's just torso. She's an android after all. The human look is only... skin deep.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

SirPhoebos posted:

I'm trying to figure out what's gong on with her "top". The upper part looks like its actually painted onto her torso, but there's cloth hanging on the bottom.

That piece of cloth is the only thing she's actually wearing. The rest is just painted on.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

SirPhoebos posted:

The only clothes A2 is wearing is that camisole that covers her midriff, and maybe her heels, which look like they could actually be built in. The rest of the black portions on her body are places where her artificial skin has peeled off and revealed the armor plating underneath.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Tarezax posted:

The only clothes A2 is wearing is that camisole that covers her midriff, and maybe her heels, which look like they could actually be built in. The rest of the black portions on her body are places where her artificial skin has peeled off and revealed the armor plating underneath.

Pretty sure the heels are built in, like all YorHA-pattern androids aside from the (very few) dudes.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I know legs and butts are super important, but I think A2 is also the only YoRHa so far that has no covering on her face...besides the Commander. :thunk:

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jun 12, 2017

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
It took me until after finishing the whole drat game to finally notice that A2's "skin" has seams like she's held together in pieces unlike 2B who's skin is one whole part, which make sense cause she's an older model of android or at least hasn't had the same maintenance.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

Really Pants posted:

I know legs and butts are super important, but I think A2 is also the only YoRHa so far that has no covering on her face...besides the Commander. :thunk:

Huh, good catch.

Also I want to talk about how great the design choice for the blindfolds is: aside from whatever symbolic reason they have, from a design standpoint they cover the eyes, making it hard to read the emotions of the protagonists. Eyes are called the windows of the soul for a reason, humans are really reliant on seeing eyes in order to read facial expressions. Having them covered means that 2B and 9S come across as sort of uncanny and not quite human, almost reserved even when showing really strong emotion. It's a great way of showing that they're non-human androids and it's a design choice that I don't think gets enough recognition for how simple and genius it is.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
The blindfold is some tactical HUD visor so it shouldn't be a surprise that the android who is on the run from YorHa to the point where her skin is literally peeling off may not have one anymore.

pulsor93
Mar 3, 2015

InequalityGodzilla posted:

Let me regale you all with my theory on how the storylines of Drakengard 1 & 2 are actually a complex, metaphorical retelling of the October Revolution with Caim and Angelus represtenting the bolsheviks, Inuart representing the Mensheviks, and Manah's role as the Tsarist system. Furthermore *faaaaaaarrrttt*

I see someone's a Zero Punctuation fan.

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
A2's apparent design does make it interesting to consider how much of our current set of intrepid androids are machines covered in skin-like material which are covered in clothing and how much is skin-like material or the base level machine that happens to look like clothing or skin.

The Dark Id posted:

A2’s also has much the same poise properties as 2B

So we if 2B (with a 9S assist) gets in a good combo

A2's what? Alternately, just "A2 also has".

White Coke
May 29, 2015
If A2 is an early model but able to kill so many later model androids does that mean she's one of those super special prototypes that always pop up in fiction? Or is she just really experienced?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

White Coke posted:

If A2 is an early model but able to kill so many later model androids does that mean she's one of those super special prototypes that always pop up in fiction? Or is she just really experienced?
My money is on the "super prototype that outperforms the mass-production models because yes" option.

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

White Coke posted:

The optimizations to later YorHa units might be for cost effectiveness rather than for individual combat prowess.

And also, A is an interesting designation, because we know of B-Battle, S-Scanner, and O-Operator type units. A2-or 2A? is extremely fast and can appear basically out of nowhere.

I'm just going to take a guess that A-type units are Assassins. Implying they go around murdering enemy commanders, or did. Which would probably explain why she knows seems more than 2B and 9S about the war and Command and went rogue-she's some sort of special forces killer robot.

Skylight
Nov 25, 2011

DIE TO THE DEATH!
SENTANCE TO DEATH!
GREAT EQUALIZER IS THE DEATH!

Alternately, A=Angelus, seeing as she is very good at killing everything. It'd explain the burning aura move, that's for darn sure.

e: VVVV or Assault, that works too.

Skylight fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Jun 13, 2017

AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

Or Assault, it would make sense for your robot storm troopers to move fast.

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

Zagglezig posted:

A2's apparent design does make it interesting to consider how much of our current set of intrepid androids are machines covered in skin-like material which are covered in clothing and how much is skin-like material or the base level machine that happens to look like clothing or skin.

It's a really striking effect after you've gotten used to seeing androids in this game - that's not bare skin she's showing, it's muscle and bones. A2's basically one of the walking corpses except she still has a face and shirt - so what's keeping her this strong and agile when her body's so mangled up?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
hate for adorable robobabies, obviously

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Good Dumplings posted:

It's a really striking effect after you've gotten used to seeing androids in this game - that's not bare skin she's showing, it's muscle and bones. A2's one of the walking corpses except she still has a face and shirt - so what's keeping her this strong and agile when her body's so mangled up?

I'm guessing she's just a bad enough android to stay alive through her sheer love of childkilling.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
While a single adorable machine child remains unimpaled, she cannot rest.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

She's coming for Pascal and co. isn't she?

:ohdear:

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Sindai posted:

While a single adorable machine child remains unimpaled, she cannot rest.

Danann posted:

Pascal's village has :black101:so many children!:black101:

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Danann posted:

She's just trying to show little sister how babies are made. It's not her fault 2B and 9S made her drop her teaching aid.

chiasaur11 fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Feb 25, 2018

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

MJ12 posted:

The optimizations to later YorHa units might be for cost effectiveness rather than for individual combat prowess.

And also, A is an interesting designation, because we know of B-Battle, S-Scanner, and O-Operator type units. A2-or 2A? is extremely fast and can appear basically out of nowhere.

I'm just going to take a guess that A-type units are Assassins. Implying they go around murdering enemy commanders, or did. Which would probably explain why she knows seems more than 2B and 9S about the war and Command and went rogue-she's some sort of special forces killer robot.

A = Attacker

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Yoko Taro is basically pushing to see how far he can go. I imagine he just busts into the president's office with a bottle of booze in one hand, Emil mask on his head, and he screams "THIS poo poo NEEDS A STAGE SHOW!"

Note that I didn't say the president of Square-Enix. He just finds random presidents. He was at the White House the other day, and Yoko Taro left with a bunch of classified information about Israel and an idea for a mobile phone game about nuclear war and magical girls.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Apparently he's deputy surgeon general now, too. Trump liked his moxy.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Or go for the obvious, A is for Android! :downs:

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
A stands for rear end-Kicking.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

What if the A stands for Administrator?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
rear end, butt, and i dunno, seat maybe?

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Wait, did Pascal ask us about the Forest King originally or was that just a place 2B and 9S wanted to get to on their own?

Because that might have been an odd conversation, wouldn't Pascal want to know their neighbor to the north was 1) planning to invade them, and 2) has a massive power vacuum because of a baby-kebab situation?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

They cant invade because they're all dead now.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Danann posted:

What if the A stands for Administrator?

Baby doesn't file it's TY-43 forms on time, baby gets skewered. Not my fault baby can't write. :black101:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Jet Jaguar posted:

Wait, did Pascal ask us about the Forest King originally or was that just a place 2B and 9S wanted to get to on their own?

Because that might have been an odd conversation, wouldn't Pascal want to know their neighbor to the north was 1) planning to invade them, and 2) has a massive power vacuum because of a baby-kebab situation?

they asked about weird machines, so pascal told them about the weird machines that live(d) next door.

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.
Not into the way Pascal was immediately "Oh you're all still alive! Great!" immediately after hearing about 2B and 9S from their adventure. Did that friendly robot send us on a hit...?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Nohman posted:

Not into the way Pascal was immediately "Oh you're all still alive! Great!" immediately after hearing about 2B and 9S from their adventure. Did that friendly robot send us on a hit...?

he said "there are a bunch of weird robots in the forest and btw they attack everyone they see". that turned out to be a pretty accurate description.

Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib

Renoistic posted:

A designer who likes to start from the "back or buttocks" when designing a character, mind. He also designed the characters in FF Tactics , FFXII and Vagrant Story. Everything makes sense.

Wait wait wait. Wait. The same person was responsible for 2Butt, Assley Riot, I can't think of anything for Fran and Ramza "Baby Got" Beoulve? That...that does make sense.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Wonderslug posted:

Wait wait wait. Wait. The same person was responsible for 2Butt, Assley Riot, I can't think of anything for Fran and Ramza "Baby Got" Beoulve? That...that does make sense.

Fine Fanny Fran?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apocalypticCritic
Mar 19, 2014

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

rear end, butt, and i dunno, seat maybe?

I'm pretty sure I've read that doujin....

• Locked thread