Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Gary Sanchez, yo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Ugh. Brandon Maurer got hit haaaaarrrrrd by a case of the "closers pitching in non-save situations suck absolute poo poo" today. No recorded outs and he gave up four runs. The Padres were already down like 8 runs when he came into the game. And then, to top it all off, Erick Aybar came in and finished the inning without getting charged a run.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

stream Wacha at home against the Phillies, or is he not safe even against a crappy offense?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

The Pussy Boss posted:

stream Wacha at home against the Phillies, or is he not safe even against a crappy offense?

The Cardinals are a dumpster fire right now, I'd avoid him.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

DeepDickPizza posted:

Ugh. Brandon Maurer got hit haaaaarrrrrd by a case of the "closers pitching in non-save situations suck absolute poo poo" today. No recorded outs and he gave up four runs. The Padres were already down like 8 runs when he came into the game. And then, to top it all off, Erick Aybar came in and finished the inning without getting charged a run.

Fuuuuuuuck I am tempted to pick up Hand now but that situation is such a poo poo show.

EDIT: gently caress it, dropping Lamet.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

Inspector_666 posted:

Fuuuuuuuck I am tempted to pick up Hand now but that situation is such a poo poo show.

EDIT: gently caress it, dropping Lamet.

I dropped Lamet and picked up Godley simply for the team name possibilities his ownership opens up.

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007

Teemu Pokemon posted:

ay yo gently caress gerrit cole namaste

I just traded Villar for Cole straight up. Part of me is worried that Cole is hurt, but the other part is just loving glad to have Villar off my team.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Inspector_666 posted:

Gary Sanchez, yo.

I'm getting offers from the bad teams in my keeper league for Sanchez and I am refusing them all. He's so dreamy, even for a drat Yankee :allears:

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

kensei posted:

I'm getting offers from the bad teams in my keeper league for Sanchez and I am refusing them all. He's so dreamy, even for a drat Yankee :allears:

:agreed:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

resident posted:

I dropped Lamet and picked up Godley simply for the team name possibilities his ownership opens up.

I had Godley on one team and was planning on holding onto him through the demotion, but apparently his spot in the rotation is in doubt even though he's been solid as hell, so I'm just letting him ride the wire for now.

Also gonna have to keep an eye on Keone Kela.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

This is some race-to-the-bottom poo poo for our pitching. 64 IP and only one win to show for it. :barf:

I'm up to two wins and three QS now :smuggo:

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Watson out.

Rivero and Nicasio in as closers. I have to imagine it's Rivero's job to lose, right?

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
The whole arbitration thing might come into play if they're equally good, but if Rivero is lights out, he's got the better stuff.

Isn't he also a lefty? Not that that apparently mattered with Watson

I dropped Watson and used my stream spot to grab both and just see what happens

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

My current OF is Judge, Pillar, Kemp, Springer, and Taylor. Healy, Shaw and Avila at 1B.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

I have a guy like that in my league too, offers lovely deals that give me his scrubs for my stars. I wish ESPN would allow you to block trade offers from certain people.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

jordan montgomery loving rules. watching him, he seems like he's only going to improve too.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

kensei posted:

I have a guy like that in my league too, offers lovely deals that give me his scrubs for my stars. I wish ESPN would allow you to block trade offers from certain people.

I've explicitly told him already I have no interest in these 3-for-1 deals, especially if he's gonna offer me guys destined for the wire.

EDIT: loving Matt Harvey I mean good loving God.

Abel Wingnut posted:

jordan montgomery loving rules. watching him, he seems like he's only going to improve too.

Only 1 walk, he trusts his stuff a lot more now. I'm very hyped, in fantasy and real life.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Jun 10, 2017

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

kensei posted:

My goto is some time dumping really lovely deals on them

They usually get the message

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Junkyard Poodle posted:

My goto is some time dumping really lovely deals on them

They usually get the message

Sadly, he makes even worse counter offers when I do that, often even more in his favor. I have stopped responding completely, but I leave the trade sitting there until it expires so he cannot send another offer until it times out or he cancels it himself.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

kensei posted:

Sadly, he makes even worse counter offers when I do that, often even more in his favor. I have stopped responding completely, but I leave the trade sitting there until it expires so he cannot send another offer until it times out or he cancels it himself.

The old Pocket Veto always works.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
My league has been together half our lives and it's gotten to the point that if you don't get a response within 24 hours your rear end got pocket vetoed and it's up to you to decide if you want to retract in shame

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Kenta Maeda netted me a 4IP save today :stare:

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
What's pocket veto?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

the_american_dream posted:

What's pocket veto?

Just sit on the offer and not respond until it expires. Usually reserved for poo poo rear end offers

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
When I get a terrible offer, I offer something similar to them so hopefully they realize how insulting it is. As a bonus, I sometimes get an angry message back.

Their Zimmerman and Waino for my Donaldson and Lamb

I offer Lamb and Berrios for Arenado and Zimmerman

They offer their Zimmerman, Kipnis, Volquez for my Donaldson, Miggy, Lamb

My latest offer to them is my Lamb, Gordon, Berrios for their Arenado, Lindor, and Zimmerman

I can keep this up all day.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Quintana, Corrasco, and Paxton couldn't get me 1 QS or W. :negative:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Rand alPaul posted:

Quintana, Corrasco, and Paxton couldn't get me 1 QS or W. :negative:

Carrasco did get the win.

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?
God help me, I picked up Tanaka for this week

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Inspector_666 posted:

Carrasco did get the win.

For some reason I thought he was getting a no decision.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

JDM popping out just now cost me a win this week because Arrieta couldn't get a QS today

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I just traded Carrasco for Miggy.

Oh god, I am really betting on Miggy's power coming back.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Miggy is one of the league leaders in xwOBA so thats a decent bet

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

Spoeank posted:

Just read about this stat. This makes me feel better. I took a quick glance at his Fangraphs page, and from my amateur eyes, other than a lower LD% (which, truth be told, I am unsure how it affects counting stats), I didn't see anything terribly amiss.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Spoeank posted:

He's 11th in avg exit velocity, and 6th in % of times his velocity is 95MPH+.

Last night he hit a ball so hard it nearly went through the green monster. It may have been a HR in other parks, and it was never more than like 20 feet off the ground.

SouthShoreSamurai fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Jun 12, 2017

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'd trade for Miggy. He's good. Tigers are just unlucky and bad right now.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Conforto scratched with back stiffness.

I assume he'll be dead within 72 hours.

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?

Inspector_666 posted:

Conforto scratched with back stiffness.

I assume he'll be dead within 72 hours.

lol if you think he wasn't already dead last night and just managed to stand and move using a complex pulley system

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

IMB posted:

lol if you think he wasn't already dead last night and just managed to stand and move using a complex pulley system

this is a very good point

EDIT: Good to see that losing a testicle hasn't thrown Taillon's poo poo out of whack.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jun 13, 2017

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Choosing to keep Porcello maaaaaaaaay have been a poor decision... :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Same but Verlander

Same but Arrieta

Same but Kluber

Same but Urias (except that's long term so)

• Locked thread