Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://twitter.com/bagirinzi/status/872395794866782208

https://twitter.com/bento_LWA/status/872398025825558529

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
So Chariot vs Croix really is kinda uncreative meaningless entertainment vs cutting edge yet cynical and emotionally manipulative stuff.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

thanks for discussing future episode spoilers right on the top of the page without tags

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
I can't believe ursula is shiny chariot

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Well then you are lost!

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Oh my loving GOD
I caught up with this over the last 2 days
:supaburn::supaburn::supaburn:

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Zeruel posted:

Oh my loving GOD
I caught up with this over the last 2 days
:supaburn::supaburn::supaburn:

Waku waku doki dokiii~

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Negrostrike posted:

Waku waku doki dokiii~

No it's Doki Doki no Waku Waku!

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

MonsterEnvy posted:

No it's Doki Doki no Waku Waku!

You have to read it right to left

Dire Lemming
Jan 19, 2016
If you don't coddle Nazis flat Earthers then you're literally as bad as them.
Well this was a hell of a time to catch up on this series.

sincx posted:

So... how does this little plot twist work with the whole "LWA is an allegory for the anime industry" thing?

The people who inspired the current generation of animators are also largely responsible for the whole "80-hour work week for less than liveable wage" thing.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
I notice that the pollen poisoning and the lack of magic brought on by dream absorption have very similar symptoms -- reduced or lost capacity for magic and total loss of flight ability. My guess is that Croix wasn't lying that Chariot climbed Wagandaea [sic? it's the tree] -- she just left out the part where they both lost their magic. Chariot began stealing dreams to replace the powers she had lost, leaving her victims deficient in casting and hopeless in flight (Diana managing to recover by dint of spending her entire young life on magical training); when she realized what she was doing, she was so horrified that she couldn't believe in herself any more, and so she couldn't discover the last Word. The moon figures into this somehow, but I don't know how.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Maybe the Moon has the Grand Triskelion, and Chariot just tried to outright destroy it to free the magic inside, having failed to do it the right way. Needless to day, it didn't work, leaving us with a very cool Moon, several magic-less children, and a Shiny Chariot that was so horrified by her actions (or was so rejected by the magic world) that she abandoned her original identity and became Ursula.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Did Croix climb the tree as well? I'm seeing her reliance on her SSS magi technology as the case...

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://gematsu.com/2017/06/little-witch-academia-ps4-game-action-focused-original-story

video game news

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

https://twitter.com/Trigger_Tattun/status/873667193094905856

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Jun 11, 2017

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
Stalled back after episode 8 when the show was way too episodic for my tastes. Now I'm caught up. What a ride.

However, the show has been a really mixed bag. Tonally it's all over the place and I'm getting whiplash. Especially episode 16, which could have been a lotte better, felt really out of place and was something out of a saturday morning cartoon right as the plot was just starting to reveal itself. At least they didn't even try to give Jasminka an episode; she's a non-character.

I really wasn't a fan of Constanze at all, before her episode, and didn't feel she meshed with the rest of the show. Her episode pushed my opinion in the other direction, even though I think the mech was going too far.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
I've finally watched most of the series, and I immediately fell in love with this. Those girls are the most lovable bunch of spellcasters I've encountered in fiction so far. It's nice and refreshing compared to the doom and gloom I'm normally watching/reading.

I also immediately went back to watch the movies and was positively surprised to see the characters already were mostly like they are in the new TV-show. Having your characters be consistent between different iterations of a story is a nice bonus, from my viewpoint.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

This lasted for one frame. But I couldn't miss it, after all that was being said during the episode

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Told you she did nothing wrong.

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
This is why you don't trust people who eat cup noodles every day.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I still felt somewhat bad for Croix. Especially if the hints she lost her own magic in Wagandea are accurate.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

TFRazorsaw posted:

I still felt somewhat bad for Croix. Especially if the hints she lost her own magic in Wagandea are accurate.

she did but the sixth word healed her, just like it healed chariot when akko learned it

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

by the way i forget if this was brought up in the thread but have you guys realized the implications the second ed pointed at all this time? i recall yoshinari saying that he was nervous because the second ed contained massive spoilers for the later episodes, and considering what was revealed in ep 22 it all makes a lot of sense.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Man, in a complete far cry from the OVA/movies, turns out TV series Diana is just an absolute sweetheart, huh

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Futaba Anzu posted:

she did but the sixth word healed her, just like it healed chariot when akko learned it

The sixth word doesn't heal you if you lose your magic or your ability to fly. Last episode Ursula tried to use her broom to fly to Akko before stopping herself.

All the sixth word does is heal physical injuries.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Her smile and yay: restored

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I am endlessly tickled by the fact that a side character based on loving Chumlee has gotten so much screen time in this show.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Futaba Anzu posted:

by the way i forget if this was brought up in the thread but have you guys realized the implications the second ed pointed at all this time? i recall yoshinari saying that he was nervous because the second ed contained massive spoilers for the later episodes, and considering what was revealed in ep 22 it all makes a lot of sense.

Wait, what do you mean exactly I just rewatched the ed. Is it the various shapes that the star and Akko are transforming into?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

DrSunshine posted:

Wait, what do you mean exactly I just rewatched the ed. Is it the various shapes that the star and Akko are transforming into?

Basic Tldr the star represents chariot and the wonders of magic. Akko reciprocates the show revealing her hidden potential as a witch. It transitions to her flying but then losing that ability, falling back to the ground. At the end chariot returns and by my interpretation sacrifices herself to return Akkos magic

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Silly Ursula! Don't confront the villain in their lair. Just submit a formal complaint about her conduct and get her fired and her funding pulled. Also don't blow up the moon. We need it for stuff.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

Silly Ursula! Don't confront the villain in their lair. Just submit a formal complaint about her conduct and get her fired and her funding pulled. Also don't blow up the moon. We need it for stuff.

Giant magical moonsplosions are stuff.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I find it kind of funny how ragged and messy Croix looked in the past.

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

MonsterEnvy posted:

Right? I like how she was just wearing a plain hoodie everywhere.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
As someone who is only now watching TTGL, I appreciate Diana's near-Kamina line there.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Meat Beat Agent posted:

This is why you don't trust people who eat cup noodles every day.

"You talking poo poo about Cup Noodles?"

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

MonsterEnvy posted:

I do not.

The implications of it are that Croix felt so disillusioned and betrayed by the fact that Chariot was chosen and she wasn't, by Chariot's optimism and her dream (a dream, by the way, that she helped create) that she dropped out of school and immediately tried to jerry-rig her way into greatness, betraying Chariot in the process. Just like she felt Chariot had betrayed her by being chosen.

It's a kinda subtle addition to the exposition that shows how terribly she was doing and how tragic the situation was.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
No She always looked ragged. Even in her Picture.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Ragged Croix is cute

Present day Croix is not
therefore Ragged Croix is best Croix

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Present Croix has the best character design in all of anime, it's fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Tenebrais posted:

Present Croix has the best character design in all of anime, it's fantastic.

Why?

• Locked thread