Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Other good gimmicks are Minoru Suzuki, Brock, Los Ingobernables de Japon. Is anyone watching TNA to judge if anything good is happening there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

Rodney the Piper posted:

Other good gimmicks are Minoru Suzuki, Brock, Los Ingobernables de Japon. Is anyone watching TNA to judge if anything good is happening there?

I am and no there isn't.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Web Jew.0 posted:

I am and no there isn't.

please let us know if you need anyone to talk with or other forms of counseling

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Rodney the Piper posted:

LIJ is a sad imitation of the real Ingobernables who are much cooler and on more steroids.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

LIJ is a sad imitation of the real Ingobernables who are much cooler and on more steroids.

So what your saying is Naito needs to trash Tanahashi's car?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

So what your saying is Naito needs to trash Tanahashi's car?

Tanahashi would be so cool if he drove an obnoxiously colored Mustang like me and MMMUG.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

MassRafTer posted:

the only Ingobernables left in CMLL are RUSH and his dad

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

exploded mummy posted:

the only Ingobernables left in CMLL are RUSH and his dad

If you would read posts you would see I named both him and Rush.

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016

HulkaMatt posted:

Money talks. Russo isn't making Cornette any money.

Sure he is. Cornette and Russo keepmeaxh other in the news and then people want to book them for appearances. They make money off of podcasts as well. Meltzer once said Cornette tape collection sales would increase every time he ranted about Russo. Cornette is using his old school style booking and promo formula to keep his feud with Russo alive so both can continue to stay relevant.

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016

MassRafTer posted:

After WCW died pretty much everyone did.

Yes which proves that enemies in wrestling will eventually work together to make a buck, just like Russo and Cornette.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

This weeks observer back issues has the Jumbo obit which is great, MSG drawing numbers which are fascinating (Luger Drew Well, lol Diesel) but perhaps the most prophetic/chilling bit is the throw away paragraph about ex NFL'ers and concussions.....

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I wonder why Dave's experience with Grantland was so bad.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

Seams posted:

Yeah, that was annoying. He clearly had more to say there.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

They probably got mad because they kept demanding he cram The Wire references into posts and he kept asking if which FMW show they meant

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Mob posted:

They probably got mad because they kept demanding he cram The Wire references into posts and he kept asking if which FMW show they meant

No he just kept referencing Dallas.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/874798139596656641

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

OH HELL YEAH~!

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
If he visited his Granny more often, he would've gotten it in time :colbert:

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Seams posted:

Grantland was awful

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/MLW/status/874942073899593728

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
During the awards, who has been in the most MOTY top ten in a given year? I imagine that it's probably Bryan. How many spots will Okada take up this year?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Capsaicin posted:

During the awards, who has been in the most MOTY top ten in a given year? I imagine that it's probably Bryan. How many spots will Okada take up this year?

There's no way it isn't either Misawa or Kenta Kobashi.

Edit: Bryan peaked at 3 top 10s in a single year, Misawa and HHH both had 4, not sure about anybody else.

rare Magic card l00k fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Jun 14, 2017

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Tanahashi had 4 in 2013.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Kawada was in 4 ***** star matches in '95, and 3 apiece in '93 and '94. Plus during that period his usual opponents were people like Kobashi, Misawa, Hansen, Gordy and Williams.

Kobashi was also in 4 ***** matches in '93. God, AJPW was so goddamned good back then, it's amazing NJPW didn't buckle under the pressure.

Edit: Incredibly, Misawa had FIVE ***** matches in '95. He has 25 for his career. That is some :stonk: poo poo.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jun 15, 2017

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
I mean, between the two Omega matches, Suzuki, Shibata, Tiger Mask W, and whatever happens during G1, is Okada on pace to have the best year any pro wrestler has ever had?

Over/under on Okada matches in top 10 during the year end awards?: 6.5. I'm honestly taking the over at this point.

Capsaicin fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Jun 15, 2017

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
"I don’t know how you could top it, except some day, like everything, it will happen. ******1/4"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Incessant Excess posted:

"I don’t know how you could top it, except some day, like everything, it will happen. ******1/4"

Holy poo poo I thought you were joking, he actually did give it 6 and a quarter. That rules.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

lol

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Meltzer is straight up the best. Anyone who dislikes him can gently caress right off.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
It's the same two guys and Dave thought this match was a little better. He had to do it.

The extended article on the show as a whole is a must-read.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The only way he can top this is by giving Okada/Omega III ****3/4 imo

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
The very first 25 quarter star match.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

even when he's starting to grey bryan looks way younger than over 40

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

Incessant Excess posted:

This is the greatest moment in the history of this great sport.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Vince Russo is loving insane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDsq3wn9_X0

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
In reply to that, Cornette says he's going to find Russo's address and give him something. Something he deserves and won't see coming.

His podcast ends with "You deserve this and you're going to get exactly what you deserve. They say it's better to give than to receive Vince, and in this case that couldn't be more true. I promise, I promise, I promise you that I can't wait to give it to you. I can't wait to see the look on your face when you get it."

Should we call the police?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

some guy on the bus posted:

In reply to that, Cornette says he's going to find Russo's address and give him something. Something he deserves and won't see coming.

His podcast ends with "You deserve this and you're going to get exactly what you deserve. They say it's better to give than to receive Vince, and in this case that couldn't be more true. I promise, I promise, I promise you that I can't wait to give it to you. I can't wait to see the look on your face when you get it."

Should we call the police?

Evansville is like a 2 hour drive from Louisville so....nah, it'll sort itself out.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

I have a personal aversion to listening to Russo words, can someone gimme the jist of this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cardboard Box posted:

even when he's starting to grey bryan looks way younger than over 40

I wish somebody would interview Bryan's extremely Mexican father about the burdens of raising possibly the whitest man in Seattle.

• Locked thread