Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Ramadu posted:

What was the devolved thing that people keep mentioning but never link to or say what it is

They did a Tim and Eric/Eric Andre style nightmare parody presentation performance art deal, it was funny if you're into that kind of thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

incoherent posted:

from the new xbone thread

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Doesn't E3 almost always have an up year and then a down year? I'm not surprised. Too many good games lately anyway.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

There are probably enough games at this point, I think everyone can take a break for a while until people catch up

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I watched that Spiderman trailer a couple more times and I think web-swinging might still be lovely. Not 100% but it looks like the web will aim towards a building but it's not really a physical object, it's still the same swing every time.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

This made me laugh pretty hard for about 15 seconds. Well done.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PantsBandit posted:

I watched that Spiderman trailer a couple more times and I think web-swinging might still be lovely. Not 100% but it looks like the web will aim towards a building but it's not really a physical object, it's still the same swing every time.

Also those quick time events take forever and I've done batman combat so many times already. I'm just tired.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

That Spiderman trailer reminded me of the original pre-9/11 teaser trailer for the Sam Rami/Tobey McGuire Spiderman movie.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Dengeki Online released a 5 minute expanded look at Monster Hunter World with more exploration, stealth, grappling hooks, some cool environment destruction, and a new monster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCGbdxAjWRs

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Doom Goon posted:

Doesn't E3 almost always have an up year and then a down year? I'm not surprised. Too many good games lately anyway.

Nah, last year's E3 was about the same level of Shrug, to the point of having a ton of the same big games. There's nothing incredibly exciting on the horizon but we've got a steady stream of quality games coming out and I'm happy to see that continue.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Instant Sunrise posted:

That Spiderman trailer reminded me of the original pre-9/11 teaser trailer for the Sam Rami/Tobey McGuire Spiderman movie.

Same. Still sad nobody can appreciate that trailer without their brains breaking.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

muscles like this! posted:

The MvC trailer was kind of funny because if you didn't know what the series was about I doubt you could have guessed it was a fighting game.

Probably the most disappointing thing about the Sony presser was how they didn't really have anything new to show and it was just expansions of stuff they showed last year (with Days Gone still not getting a release date so I guess expect it again next year.)

MvC looked like a telltale game in more ways than one.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

The MvC trailer was kind of funny because if you didn't know what the series was about I doubt you could have guessed it was a fighting game.

I'm guessing they wanna push the fact that they even have a story mode since the MK and Injustice games have been doing pretty well with those

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
guys

I really like bethesdas paid mods now

here visit their website

http://thecreationclub.com

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Nintendo could win E3 by just saying the words Metroid and Pokemon, whether they're making those games or not.

They will move 30 million unit by Christmas if they just show Splatoon and Mario Odyssey then say those two magic words.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

mango sentinel posted:

Nah, last year's E3 was about the same level of Shrug, to the point of having a ton of the same big games. There's nothing incredibly exciting on the horizon but we've got a steady stream of quality games coming out and I'm happy to see that continue.

Didn't last year had a really awkward section that was probably meant for Red Dead Redemption 2's reveal and was replaced by a trailer for the Lego Star Wars game that was coming out in two weeks at the time?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Also funny is how they somehow announced two completely different Skyrim releases at two different events. You'd think that Skyrim made enough money in its first release, let alone the second one. Do they really need a third and fourth release? I'm just assuming that the PSVR version is going to be a separate SKU than the regular PS4 version.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Policenaut posted:

Dengeki Online released a 5 minute expanded look at Monster Hunter World with more exploration, stealth, grappling hooks, some cool environment destruction, and a new monster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCGbdxAjWRs

So there are machine guns in the new one

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Ramadu posted:

What was the devolved thing that people keep mentioning but never link to or say what it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqPT9hyPANs

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rirse posted:

Didn't last year had a really awkward section that was probably meant for Red Dead Redemption 2's reveal and was replaced by a trailer for the Lego Star Wars game that was coming out in two weeks at the time?

It wasn't Lego Star Wars, it was Days Gone showing back up at the end with a different trailer.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Also funny is how they somehow announced two completely different Skyrim releases at two different events. You'd think that Skyrim made enough money in its first release, let alone the second one. Do they really need a third and fourth release? I'm just assuming that the PSVR version is going to be a separate SKU than the regular PS4 version.

there's no such thing as 'enough money'

skyrim was so successful porting it to everything possible is more profitable than actually making new games

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Hey but surely after remaking Skyrim a dozen times that means the next Elder Scrolls game will be basically perfect right?

Right? :smith:

RME
Feb 20, 2012

they should start with making a playable one

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
maybe they'll finally throw gamebryo to the wolves and thats why its taking so long

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Internet Kraken posted:

Hey but surely after remaking Skyrim a dozen times that means the next Elder Scrolls game will be basically perfect right?

I don't know if it was said here or I'm recalling Giant bomb: As long as ESO is a thing don't expect the next ES.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

Didn't somebody at Bethesda say that while ESO was running there wouldn't be a new Elder Scrolls game?

edit: mother FUCKER

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Internet Kraken posted:

apparently they aren't even bothering for a real long while because ESO exists, which seems really funny to me

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ohtsam posted:

So there are machine guns in the new one

whoa

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Yeah I recall Gerstmann or someone saying ESO means no ES6 but that's heard from a friend who heard it from a friend tier on my end.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Abroham Lincoln posted:

apparently they aren't even bothering for a real long while because ESO exists, which seems really funny to me

[thinking emoji growing larger and larger, consuming the entire page]

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Huh, well this is straight from Insomniac:

https://twitter.com/insomniacgames/status/874460199314046976

Maybe their definition of "physics-based" is looser than mine or maybe it just looked weird in the demo.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

incoherent posted:

I don't know if it was said here or I'm recalling Giant bomb: As long as ESO is a thing don't expect the next ES.

Makes sense. See blizzard and Warcraft

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Jeez, was just finally able to submit to the BG&E2 sign-up thing.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

imma going to get slowly edge'd over the course of several years waiting for BG&E2 :( So spoiled with EVERYONE SHIPPING 2017.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

No Mods No Masters posted:

[thinking emoji growing larger and larger, consuming the entire page]

elder scrolls has unlimited quests. you can't out think infinity, fucker

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

incoherent posted:

No

Nooooooooo

:negative:

HardKase
Jul 15, 2007
TASTY

Third World Reggin posted:

guys

I really like bethesdas paid mods now

here visit their website

http://thecreationclub.com

Your right, that's exactly the kind of content I need in my Bethesda Games.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
but eso is so bad

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Honest question for you guys holding on to skyrim: why haven't you jumped to ES:O? Is it the lack of modded tophat mudcrabs?

Doorknob Slobber posted:

but eso is so bad

welp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

incoherent posted:

Honest question for you guys holding on to skyrim: why haven't you jumped to ES:O? Is it the lack of modded tophat mudcrabs?

:itwaspoo:

• Locked thread