Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

Skoll posted:

Someone needs to do a murder montage set to :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWz9VN40nCA

You mean:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIfAkOBMf5A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5cxunqBeus

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Why not both?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Just finished up a match where counselors that I killed started calling me a human being because I caught them. Jesus Christ are people actually playing this competitively at this point? Idiots.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

s.i.r.e. posted:

Just finished up a match where counselors that I killed started calling me a human being because I caught them. Jesus Christ are people actually playing this competitively at this point? Idiots.

Earlier tonight, I played a match with Duster, Composer, Weekly, Tinfoil, Lastdancer, Jetamo and another dude who I'm pretty sure has a different SA handle.

Duster being Duster, was out to kill Jason. This was that fabled attempt Jet was talking about.

So you know what happened with the attempt. I didn't. Why?

So I started the match thinking, okay, I'll find Jetamo and warn him that Duster is coming after him. Make something of a pact with him. That way while he's busy dealing with Duster being Duster, I can get the car going and fix poo poo up. I was AJ so my options were pretty limited. I was working on the four seater with Composer, we kept coming back around to other places, looking for the keys and what not. We eventually got everything, but the gas. My plan to alert Jason never actually got to happen because I just never ran into him until this point of the tale.

So Composer and I ran into quite the situation- Duster and Tinfoil running and fighting Jet, going from house to house. Duster had the sweater, because of course he did, and Composer and I mostly decided not to get involved. I was briefly tempted to help out since I had a machete, but I noticed the mask was off already so, 'eh. So Jet just Jasons around us after Duster and Tinfoil, and we gently caress off to do our own thing.

Eventually we end up finding a full murder party after Jet Jason, and we just kind of leave the area. We cannot find the gas anywhere, and I decide to check the two seater- only to find it flipped the gently caress over and whoever was unlucky enough to have been driving it had died.

At that point I idly jog back over to check on Jet and the Murder Party and see what the gently caress is going on. I walk into a bear trap while everything is going to hell inside and everyone is scrambling to get the gently caress out of the house.

The other dude, who was Tommy for this attempt, then machetes me to death when I get free and walk outside.

I'm still not sure why he did it and it doesn't really matter either way.

Because no, no one is playing this competitively. Not even Duster can play this competitively. This is a game made of bullshit and fuckery. The shotgun is magic and will either shoot some one it's not even aimed at, shoot nothing at all, or hit Jason with pin point accuracy across the loving map.

And if you're wondering, Jet Jason murdered everyone else because Tinfoil went back and traced our foot steps and could not find the gas either. One of the other fuckers had to of hidden it somewhere, or else it just did not spawn some how

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
you can kind of say snatch plays competitively because he is out to do nothing but "win" 100% of the time but he's not a colossal bitch about not "winning" the way pubstars tend to be so even that assertion falls pretty flat imo

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Huh, I didn't know broken windows will hurt you even when you do the careful entrance. It's never been a problem before, but I just died as a heavily inured Adam trying to get into a building.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

It hurts much less than diving but it does still hurt. The game does a pretty poor job of transmitting that unless it happens to take you over a breakpoint. Your survivor should really make a hurt hissing noise instead of their usual grunts.

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001

Coolguye posted:

It hurts much less than diving but it does still hurt. The game does a pretty poor job of transmitting that unless it happens to take you over a breakpoint. Your survivor should really make a hurt hissing noise instead of their usual grunts.

I want a DLC that lets you grab a rug and throw it over the broken window to get out without getting cut.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Shemp the Stooge posted:

I want a DLC that lets you grab a rug and throw it over the broken window to get out without getting cut.

I just want to be able to play this without it crashing every few games.

Devdisigdu
Mar 23, 2016

The shadows lengthen
In Carcosa.

Tommy, that's not how you use a broomstick.

Devdisigdu fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Jun 13, 2017

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Burkion posted:

Earlier tonight, I played a match with Duster, Composer, Weekly, Tinfoil, Lastdancer, Jetamo and another dude who I'm pretty sure has a different SA handle.

Duster being Duster, was out to kill Jason. This was that fabled attempt Jet was talking about.

So you know what happened with the attempt. I didn't. Why?

So I started the match thinking, okay, I'll find Jetamo and warn him that Duster is coming after him. Make something of a pact with him. That way while he's busy dealing with Duster being Duster, I can get the car going and fix poo poo up. I was AJ so my options were pretty limited. I was working on the four seater with Composer, we kept coming back around to other places, looking for the keys and what not. We eventually got everything, but the gas. My plan to alert Jason never actually got to happen because I just never ran into him until this point of the tale.

So Composer and I ran into quite the situation- Duster and Tinfoil running and fighting Jet, going from house to house. Duster had the sweater, because of course he did, and Composer and I mostly decided not to get involved. I was briefly tempted to help out since I had a machete, but I noticed the mask was off already so, 'eh. So Jet just Jasons around us after Duster and Tinfoil, and we gently caress off to do our own thing.

Eventually we end up finding a full murder party after Jet Jason, and we just kind of leave the area. We cannot find the gas anywhere, and I decide to check the two seater- only to find it flipped the gently caress over and whoever was unlucky enough to have been driving it had died.

At that point I idly jog back over to check on Jet and the Murder Party and see what the gently caress is going on. I walk into a bear trap while everything is going to hell inside and everyone is scrambling to get the gently caress out of the house.

The other dude, who was Tommy for this attempt, then machetes me to death when I get free and walk outside.

Because no, no one is playing this competitively. Not even Duster can play this competitively. This is a game made of bullshit and fuckery. The shotgun is magic and will either shoot some one it's not even aimed at, shoot nothing at all, or hit Jason with pin point accuracy across the loving map.

And if you're wondering, Jet Jason murdered everyone else because Tinfoil went back and traced our foot steps and could not find the gas either. One of the other fuckers had to of hidden it somewhere, or else it just did not spawn some how

I personally checked every single cabin that match, the only gas that spawned went into the yellow car which got flipped.

That, or some goon took the second gas into the woods and made sweet, sweet love to the container.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Goon Story

As it happens frequently because this game is fun and good, a few goons and I were happily carrying on in a party together. There were four of us, just a few shy of the numbers needed to sustain a decent Private Match.

We play a few fun games together with some pubby fill-ins and have a good time.

Duster, who is fired up from being probated over a lame "your momma" joke in GBS, decides he is going to start a PM and proceeds to invite us. No problem, I tell him, I have 4 goons ready to go at the conclusion of our game.

As time goes on and weekly font inexplicably lives 5 minutes longer than he should as the fat kid, Duster's PM fills up such that there's only 2 spots left. Feeling some sort of goon loyalty, I tell Duster to go ahead and fill up, the four of us will catch up later and we can have one big happy goon match.

How naive I was.

It seemed like our goon solidarity was going to hold, but in the next public match I get picked to be Jason. This is when our group was cowardly betrayed by the brigand named "LastDancer" who promptly abandoned us to join Duster, knowing that his doom was inevitable in any game where I am Jason.

As any military strategist would tell you - once your line breaks your forces will break hard. I soon find myself abandoned and alone, goons having left me for Duster's private match. (I would like to take this opportunity to point out the folly of escaping my game when I am Jason, in favor of Duster's game where HE is Jason, there is no survival either way.) Duster takes the opportunity to taunt me on my notion of goon loyalty.

Upon dispatching the remaining pubbies and playing a few more games with a real life girl named Cinnamon, I finally got a spot in Duster's PM.

There is only one person to blame for my betrayal.

~~

My wrath cannot be stopped, my rage will go unchecked, my anger unabated. I have chosen Jason 7 as the agent of my retribution. I have reserved points to unlock kills on this Jason, just for you. I will hunt you, I will find you, and I will dismember you.

You will know fear, and you will know pain, and you will know, when you behold my terrible visage, that the time of my vengeance is at hand.

I am coming for you, LastDancer.

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.

Burkion posted:

We cannot find the gas anywhere, and I decide to check the two seater- only to find it flipped the gently caress over and whoever was unlucky enough to have been driving it had died.

That car was magical. I had no involvement in crashing it, other than trying to grab the driver. I morphed ahead to get ready to crash it, and whoever was driving swerved into a tree. I went for whoever was the flannel shirt dude while Last "I pressed E" Dancer started it again...

At which point it just bounced onto its side. I was crying of laughter at this point so I let them go, they screwed up the car better than I could have :allears:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I think my favorite thing about the game is that starting the car and exiting the car are the same button.

I love watching 5 pubbies playing musical chairs all screaming START THE loving CAR as I pick them off one by one as a 6th idiot crests the hill.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Burkion posted:

I was the Tommy and I killed you because I thought you sabotaged our kill attempt in the chaos, and because that was literally the fourth time I was in a Jason kill attempt that glitched out (and it turns out this one did too, JFC) and I got real buttmad about it, sorry man.

Crashing/BSODing every 15 minutes doesn't help either :sigh:

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

SilverSupernova posted:

Some fragment of this sentence should become the thread title. It perfectly encapsulates what it's like every single time we play this game together.

I was streaming those games and I need to set my twitch to archive all my broadcasts so I can forever relive the Chaddenings

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I died a hero like 4 times last night as Adam. One time our packed car got stopped by Jason, but the cops were on the scene so I did laps around the car while the others made it down the road to the escape spot. It took Jason like 2 minutes of ring around the rosie to catch me so everyone else got away. Adam rarely survives but he always gives Jason hell.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Coolguye posted:

I still feel like carefully going through a broken window shouldn't hurt you, considering it's slow as gently caress and Jason can still gently caress you up

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Basebf555 posted:

Adam rarely survives but he always gives Jason hell.

I disagree with this statement.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Carebearz posted:

I still feel like carefully going through a broken window shouldn't hurt you, considering it's slow as gently caress and Jason can still gently caress you up

You should try it IRL then, because it makes perfect sense to me.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

McSpanky posted:

I was the Tommy and I killed you because I thought you sabotaged our kill attempt in the chaos, and because that was literally the fourth time I was in a Jason kill attempt that glitched out (and it turns out this one did too, JFC) and I got real buttmad about it, sorry man.

Crashing/BSODing every 15 minutes doesn't help either :sigh:

You're fine man, but yeah no. I never gently caress with kill attempts.

Some times I help, some times I just watch from afar.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Goon Story

As it happens frequently because this game is fun and good, a few goons and I were happily carrying on in a party together. There were four of us, just a few shy of the numbers needed to sustain a decent Private Match.

Duster, who is fired up from being probated over a lame "your momma" joke in GBS, decides he is going to start a PM and proceeds to invite us. No problem, I tell him, I have 4 goons ready to go at the conclusion of our game.

As time goes on and weekly font inexplicably lives 5 minutes longer than he should as the fat kid, Duster's PM fills up such that there's only 2 spots left. Feeling some sort of goon loyalty, I tell Duster to go ahead and fill up, the four of us will catch up later and we can have one big happy goon match.

How naive I was.

It seemed like our goon solidarity was going to hold, but in the next public match I get picked to be Jason. This is when our group was cowardly betrayed by the brigand named "LastDancer" who promptly abandoned us to join Duster, knowing that his doom was inevitable in any game where I am Jason.

As any military strategist would tell you - once your line breaks your forces will break hard. I soon find myself abandoned and alone, goons having left me for Duster's private match. (I would like to take this opportunity to point out the folly of escaping my game when I am Jason, in favor of Duster's game where HE is Jason, there is no survival either way.) Duster takes the opportunity to taunt me on my notion of goon loyalty.

Upon dispatching the remaining pubbies and playing a few more games with a real life girl named Cinnamon, I finally got a spot in Duster's PM.

~~

My wrath cannot be stopped, my rage will go unchecked, my anger unabated. I have chosen Jason 7 as the agent of my retribution. I have reserved points to unlock kills on this Jason, just for you. I will hunt you, I will find you, and I will dismember you.

You will know fear, and you will know pain, and you will know, when you behold my terrible visage, that the time of my vengeance is at hand.

drat,

LastDancer Chad'd you IRL

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

You should try it IRL then, because it makes perfect sense to me.

I have, nice :goonsay: attempt though

Just have the climb action go slower through a broken window

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I agree, diving through a broken window should damage you as it does now, but if you try to climb through one it should take like 30% longer, but no damage. Or maybe make the damage proportional so that it never actually outright kills you. So it could take you from healthy to injured but you wouldn't just drop dead after climbing through a window.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Basebf555 posted:

I agree, diving through a broken window should damage you as it does now, but if you try to climb through one it should take like 30% longer, but no damage. Or maybe make the damage proportional so that it never actually outright kills you. So it could take you from healthy to injured but you wouldn't just drop dead after climbing through a window.

I think there are situations where doing this could infinite-loop Jason without a lucky shift.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Goon Story

How naive I was.

~~

gently caress

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

I think there are situations where doing this could infinite-loop Jason without a lucky shift.

With the windows I've found it effective to start a shift but just hang out in the spot where the person climbed from and often they'll climb ba- WHY AM I GIVING YOU ADVICE

Lastdancer fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Jun 13, 2017

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Lastdancer posted:

gently caress

With the windows I've found it effective to start a shift but just hang out in the spot where the person climbed from and often they'll climb ba- WHY AM I GIVING YOU ADVICE

Looks like you just Chad'd yourself yo. Stop Chadding so hard.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
I had a game late last night where I was a Chad who looked like Deborah Kim and I started right next to the gas and propeller, so I fixed the boat and left like a minute into the match. At the very end a pubbie calls me an rear end in a top hat because I didn't wait for the others who were on the other side of the map.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Lastdancer posted:

I had a game late last night where I was a Chad who looked like Deborah Kim and I started right next to the gas and propeller, so I fixed the boat and left like a minute into the match. At the very end a pubbie calls me an rear end in a top hat because I didn't wait for the others who were on the other side of the map.

You also hosed off into the water again you rear end in a top hat.

I tried to direct Weekly to you but he was swamped with the other fuckers.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Burkion posted:

You also hosed off into the water again you rear end in a top hat.

I tried to direct Weekly to you but he was swamped with the other fuckers.

I'm going to have to cite rule #14 from the handbook of Chad that clearly states it's better down where it's wetter :colbert:

Damnit, why does the edit button say quote that's confusing

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Burkion posted:

Because no, no one is playing this competitively.

Apparently there are and I hope it doesn't keep up because they're going to run this game into the ground like Dead by Daylight's playerbase.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

s.i.r.e. posted:

Apparently there are and I hope it doesn't keep up because they're going to run this game into the ground like Dead by Daylight's playerbase.

Don't play with randoms then?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Distaste for competitive players is probably why the developers have been so tight-lipped about the details of how to do things or quantifying strengths and weaknesses. As soon as numbers come out, spergs are gonna start obsessing over minuscule details to min-max Jason.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

broken windows damaging you is a direct response to the infinite window exploits that plagued DbD for a long time and jfc is it a good one. if you just crawl through a couple broken windows you'll never feel it, it's only when you're attempting to be a colossal dingus will you take any serious amount of damage.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Lastdancer posted:

I'm going to have to cite rule #14 from the handbook of Chad that clearly states it's better down where it's wetter :colbert:

Damnit, why does the edit button say quote that's confusing

I want you to use this tactic then forget I'm Jason 7. Realizing this suddenly, you panic and swim for the edge of the map, thinking I may have seen you. You hide in a tent for a long period of time, a few VHS screens, but you convince yourself I missed you.

I didn't miss you, I saw what you were up to, but I left you be anyway.

You crawl out of your hole to see the devastation that was Camp Crystal lake. Bodies are piled 3 high by the blue car, parts scattered on the dirt. Burk is face down in a fireplace - your buddy Jetamo is eviscerated on the road to the boat house.

You timidly ask over the radio where everyone is. Only Duster replies, calling you a scrub and demanding help with the boat. You cautiously head toward him, but suddenly hear him screech: "SCRUB!, gently caress you, have to grab me like a BIT..." before he abruptly cuts out.

Now you are alone, LastDancer. Now it's just you and me.

You. and me.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Coolguye posted:

broken windows damaging you is a direct response to the infinite window exploits that plagued DbD for a long time and jfc is it a good one. if you just crawl through a couple broken windows you'll never feel it, it's only when you're attempting to be a colossal dingus will you take any serious amount of damage.

except that one time i climbed through a broken window on accident and Chad Instantly started whining about being hurt.

climbing through a window is already slow af, make climbing through a broken window take longer, but not hurt, it isn't that hard to carefully crawl through a broken window honestly. it's already hard to juke windows, because some windows can walk to the other side before you finish climbing through. Also jason can still gently caress you up while you're climbing

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

I want you to use this tactic then forget I'm Jason 7. Realizing this suddenly, you panic and swim for the edge of the map, thinking I may have seen you. You hide in a tent for a long period of time, a few VHS screens, but you convince yourself I missed you.

I didn't miss you, I saw what you were up to, but I left you be anyway.

You crawl out of your hole to see the devastation that was Camp Crystal lake. Bodies are piled 3 high by the blue car, parts scattered on the dirt. Burk is face down in a fireplace - your buddy Jetamo is eviscerated on the road to the boat house.

You timidly ask over the radio where everyone is. Only Duster replies, calling you a scrub and demanding help with the boat. You cautiously head toward him, but suddenly hear him screech: "SCRUB!, gently caress you, have to grab me like a BIT..." before he abruptly cuts out.

Now you are alone, LastDancer. Now it's just you and me.

You. and me.

You know he's still gonna out Chad you still. His Chad'ness is that of the Gods, good luck TP, you'll need it.

The game that LD Chadded off with the boat while I murdered Burk and Silver, I like to imagine my Jason just slightly nodded and his inner Chad went

Carebearz fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Jun 13, 2017

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Carebearz posted:

You know he's still gonna out Chad you still. His Chad'ness is that of the Gods, good luck TP, you'll need it.

The game that LD Chadded off with the boat while I murdered Burk and Silver, I like to imagine my Jason just slightly nodded and his inner Chad went

He is an IRL Chad with a Composure of 1. He now sees everything in black+ white and his GPS doesn't work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

if you go into shamble after crawling through a broken window you were hurt to begin with and again, it's doing its intended job of chipping you down for Jason. i've Chadded through multiple broken windows in a match and had no outward problems with it until jason tagged me with a throwing knife later.

scrambling through windows is one of the slower things a survivor can do right now but it is still not that big of a deal with how much quicker they are than most Jasons. i have my Jason on random and if i get a powerwalker what i use most of my knives for is tagging people jumping through windows; and even with the interrupted animation from eating a throwing knife survivors frequently get a good chance of clambering to safety before i can strut up. larger cabins could easily become infinite juke spots without damage associated, too, since even with broken doors it takes a good second for jason to walk around.

• Locked thread