Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

Skoll posted:

Someone literally said people are plotting alliances while in the plane over open coms.

Yes because they queued in with friends and are that dumb and blatant. The only organic chatter between strangers that ever goes on in the plane is a string of racist slurs and "CHINA #1!".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

ThePeavstenator posted:

Yes because they queued in with friends and are that dumb and blatant. The only organic chatter between strangers that ever goes on in the plane is a string of racist slurs and "CHINA #1!".

If you're syncing with friends, you're gonna be using a third party comm. I refuse to believe someone is that dumb and lazy. It defeats the entire purpose.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Skoll posted:

If you're syncing with friends, you're gonna be using a third party comm. I refuse to believe someone is that dumb and lazy. It defeats the entire purpose.

Or maybe being done deliberately so it appears organic?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Rex-Goliath posted:

Or maybe being done deliberately so it appears organic?

Once again, impossible to police.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

They should make training a bannable offense imo

dogsupremacy
Dec 3, 2012
i got a chicken dinner with a sweet dick shot

El_Funko
May 25, 2003

Where did she go?

Skoll posted:

Player Unknown has already said in interviews that it will be much easier to catch people teaming up consistently once the replay system is in place, at which time repeat offenders will be banned.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

El_Funko posted:

Player Unknown has already said in interviews that it will be much easier to catch people teaming up consistently once the replay system is in place, at which time repeat offenders will be banned.

I'm sure it will be rigorously enforced after a few token bans just to show they're "doing something".

Regardless I said my piece on the subject. It's ok that we disagree over this since everyone has their own idea of fun.

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Ostentatious posted:

They should make training a bannable offense imo

If you win a game you should get VAC banned.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Yes, I hate when that happens.

It's doubly annoying because if you're in the "third person hold RMB" aim mode you get the red sign showing you that your bullet will hit the obstacle but when you're aiming down sights there's no indication at all. Just keep it consistent and draw the red X somewhere on the screen if the show is actually impossible to make or something.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Ostentatious posted:

its a personal preference thing i hate using the ak and would probably choose an ump over it if i could

hello fellow person that doesn't really like the AKM. I'd rather have the burst fire rifle and I hate that poo poo too. SCAR and Saiga or go home imho

DragonKeeper
Aug 4, 2004
MOLE GAVE ME THIS ACCOUNT OK GUYS

Riding shotgun. I think my arms are broken.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Skoll posted:

Your stupidity is impossible to police. People grouping organically in solo games are such an outlier that it's not even worth considering. If people clearly cooperate in solo games, it's because they've queued together and are on third party voice coms, obviously. It was a big problem in the A3 mod that preceded the game, and PLAYERUNKNOWN came down hard on it there, and I'm glad he'll do it here too. If you want to duo, play duo.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Bobbin Threadbear posted:

Which FPS do you think is the most similar to train aim for PUBG? Originally I thought that CS:GO was a good idea, but I've found that CS:GO is not a great deal since most of my friends who reached Global Elite, really suck in this game.

PLAYERUNKNOWN's: Battlegrounds is pretty good for this.

El_Funko
May 25, 2003

Where did she go?
I'm all for letting people play a fun game the way they enjoy playing it, but if someone looks at the queue options and thinks "Solo mode eh, we should play that and then form a team against the solo people" then yeah, nah.

If someone wants to play solo in squads or duos, then that's cool because they're making a choice to put themselves in a harder situation. Forcing solo players to go up against your multiple-person murder squad straight up sucks.

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

The Mash posted:

PLAYERUNKNOWN's: Battlegrounds is pretty good for this.

Once again, I'm talking about practicing.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Once again, I'm talking about practicing.

Just play more games? Why does it matter how many times you die?

El_Funko
May 25, 2003

Where did she go?
Once again, playing regular PUBG is the best way to practice PUBG.

Aiming in a range or any controlled environment (or in a completely different game engine which has nothing to do with PUBG lol) is a very sterile way to look at how to get better, since that's only one aspect of the game. Instead, you can learn to aim in a regular match where you need not only aim but positioning, learning regions of the map, being mindful of looting and your resources, being shot at unexpectedly in the middle of a fight, and hundreds of other factors.

Learn by doing, just play.

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

Inspector_666 posted:

Just play more games? Why does it matter how many times you die?

Again, I don't care about dying. I care about the quality of the time spent practicing, of which in-game provides a poor return on time invested.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Again, I don't care about dying. I care about the quality of the time spent practicing, of which in-game provides a poor return on time invested.

Alright, well I don't think playing a game I enjoy is "practicing" anything really, but I guess I don't expect to put my name in for the PUBG Amateur Draft or whatever the endgame here is.

Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening
It's not that weird to want a setting where you can just keep fighting, 30 minutes in a deathmatch server would give you the amount of gunfighting you get in what, like, a dozen games of the main mode? Boiling it down to return on investment and PEAK PERFORMANCE does sound silly but it would be nice to have more experience to draw on during those final 10 situations, you guys, why are you upset about this, please calm down

Like in Overwatch people say "shoot ana bots in headshot only mode, it's kinda helpful!" and in counter-strike people say "play arms race to get a handle on recoil patterns" and nobody's like "lol are you trying to go pro, nerd"

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
Bad players: "waaah waaaah, they are teaming up"
Good players: *getting hard on knowing killing one forces the guy alive to suicide if he doesnt want to let his teammate wait without spec mod.*

Ashrik
Feb 9, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.
So on the PUBG twitch stream, they've announced official support for a zombie mode, which comes with different textures and animations for the zombies. I don't really know how this mode is supposed to operate without a streamer-like cult of personality around it though.
Because when I saw one of those guys do it a few weeks ago it seemed like 5 or so players having a great time and 95 players existing to enable that.

e: And can we just lol at the guy with his graphs and just move on? I doubt anyone here is going to convince him that it's not a grave and disgusting injustice that should be addressed by the world's governments, so the conversation is boring. Post more chicken dinners.

Ashrik fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Jun 13, 2017

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

Shooting tips:

-only use full auto if you're in a situation where 3rd person spraying is what you want to do
-your bullets are faster than you think so don't lead people by too much
-use map to dial in optics, the lightest gridlines are 100 meter intervals

fargom
Mar 21, 2007

I'm not really sure why you would go to another game to practice PUBG, even if you don't like the current in game options. I mean i would suggest you just drop on military/school over and over and over and over to practice, but if that's not good enough maybe just wait until a practice range mode is added? I mean this is still in Alpha, I wouldn't go running for another game to practice with just yet.

Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening

Ashrik posted:

So on the PUBG twitch stream, they've announced official support for a zombie mode, which comes with different textures and animations for the zombies. I don't really know how this mode is supposed to operate without a streamer-like cult of personality around it though.
Because when I saw one of those guys do it a few weeks ago it seemed like 5 or so players having a great time and 95 players existing to enable that.

This'll work fine if custom games remain a thing for streamers

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

The Mash posted:

Your stupidity is impossible to police. People grouping organically in solo games are such an outlier that it's not even worth considering. If people clearly cooperate in solo games, it's because they've queued together and are on third party voice coms, obviously. It was a big problem in the A3 mod that preceded the game, and PLAYERUNKNOWN came down hard on it there, and I'm glad he'll do it here too. If you want to duo, play duo.

I am sorry that you're mad, and also quite possibly retarded.

Cry more though about something that isn't going to change and that I personally hope happens to you every time you solo drop.

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

fargom posted:

I'm not really sure why you would go to another game to practice PUBG, even if you don't like the current in game options. I mean i would suggest you just drop on military/school over and over and over and over to practice, but if that's not good enough maybe just wait until a practice range mode is added? I mean this is still in Alpha, I wouldn't go running for another game to practice with just yet.

Okay, thanks.

Twist And Pout!
Sep 3, 2011
We will never get a firing range and this game will die when they add zombies, crafting, berry gathering and Dr Disrepect Dacia paintjobs. This is the only true path for battle royale games.

See you all when Isle of Nyne goes into open alpha/beta.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
It's like some of you dweebs never practiced a sport in your life. Jesus Christ you pencilneck nerds don't understand the whole point of specific deliberate practice to improve one aspect of your game

Holy poo poo

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Skoll posted:

I am sorry that you're mad, and also quite possibly retarded.

Cry more though about something that isn't going to change and that I personally hope happens to you every time you solo drop.

oh man you sure owned him!!

epic for the win!

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

Audax posted:

It's like some of you dweebs never practiced a sport in your life. Jesus Christ you pencilneck nerds don't understand the whole point of specific deliberate practice to improve one aspect of your game

Holy poo poo

People here tend to be contrarian so they can score troll points.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:
who let all the loving turbo babies in this drat thread?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
its too late to practice the NA qualifiers are happening RIGHT NOW

also lol at practicing. The best practice you can get is playing the loving game and being good with whatever weapon you end up with..

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

Doorknob Slobber posted:

its too late to practice the NA qualifiers are happening RIGHT NOW

also lol at practicing. The best practice you can get is playing the loving game and being good with whatever weapon you end up with..

I'm going to guess you weren't exactly first pick in sports.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

I'm going to guess you weren't exactly first pick in sports.

good luck always getting that weapon you spent 100 hours practicing with before you die

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

I am angry, angry about people wanting to test mechanics and improve at a game.

amotea
Mar 23, 2008
Grimey Drawer
While we're at it: "PlayerUnknown" is a loving narcissistic shithead and the title of the game shouldn't have his name in it. It's the most pretentious poo poo I've seen in a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Guys please we're all supposed to be friends!

• Locked thread