Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I hope everyone making GBS threads on Metroid never gets an animal crossing or exxo X chronicles X or whatever ever again.

loving weebs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

KingSlime posted:

to be fair there have been a ton of great metroidvanias that have long surpassed what the original metroids were adored for

I can think of at least 5 off the top of my head that I would rather play over any metroid game

The prophecy is true, Utnyayanyn may not be able to post here anymore, but his terrible posting consciousness has been transferred to another

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

seriously though how can I buy a switch at normal price? It seems the only way is to harass big box store employees on a regular basis.

Just ask them what days of the week they usually get stock and stop by on those days in the morning. You'll find one pretty quick that way.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Zelder posted:

Could you list them?

hollow knight
guacamelee
cave story
axiom verge
DS castlevania games
BONUS: Ori although i havent played this one myself

ok that's just four new ones but seriously unless you were around for classic metroid, it's not unheard of to think that most people dgaf about metroid

metroid fans always seem to underestimate just how niche the series is, it's not 1990 anymore yo

I like metroid but I also like other games and 2d exploration based platforming has a lot to offer outside of nintendo's offerings

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

Pablo Gigante posted:

Super Metroid, Zero Mission and Prime 1 are godlike games that I would much rather play over almost another Metroidvania

bad

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I hope everyone making GBS threads on Metroid never gets an animal crossing or exxo X chronicles X or whatever ever again.

loving weebs.

seriously gently caress those people

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
New Kirby and new Mario look awesome :)

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

seriously though how can I buy a switch at normal price? It seems the only way is to harass big box store employees on a regular basis.

Target, buddy.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

KingSlime posted:

to be fair there have been a ton of great metroidvanias that have long surpassed what the original metroids were adored for

I can think of at least 5 off the top of my head that I would rather play over any metroid game

What are they, I'd like to play them

EDIT: cool thanks for sharing

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Tender Bender posted:

What are they, I'd like to play them

scroll up

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Also Arkham Asylum is the best Metroidvania

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

KingSlime posted:

Oh word? What are they? I would like to play them.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

KingSlime posted:

hollow knight
guacamelee
cave story
axiom verge
DS castlevania games

ok that's just four new ones but seriously unless you were around for classic metroid, it's not unheard of to think that most people dgaf about metroid

metroid fans always seem to underestimate just how niche the series is, it's not 1990 anymore yo

I like metroid but I also like other games and 2d exploration based platforming has a lot to offer outside of nintendo's offerings

Metroid is not niche it's one of the most well known of all the Nintendo franchises.

Jesus goons do not know what niche means.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Augus posted:

I'm very excited to learn that Xenoblade 2 will have lots of massive anime titties that are as big as your head.

Might have to pick it up now.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Nintendo has made me very happy to own a Switch this E3.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Zelder posted:

Could you list them?

off the immediate top of my head, axiom verge, ori and the blind forest, momodora: reverie under the moonlight, teslagrad (even if the last two were sadly short)

i hear hollow knight and owlboy are good too, shantae has been brought up in this thread, cave story was good even if it's been re-released more than skyrim at this point

e: poo poo I can't believe I forgot guacamelee

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I've never been a huge Metroid fan but like the series enough to play them, and I think Samus Returns looks good and I am going to buy it.

This has also made me remember that I have not taken the time to play through Prime 2 and 3 ever and I should do that since I have the trilogy on Wii U.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Interesting design things. I really like the parry/cannonsmack, the cinematic attacks on downed enemies not so much. They feel like they interrupt things too much. We'll see how mandatory they are in play.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Who in God's name would okay with a wired controller in 2017 unless you're at, like, a fighting game tournament

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

well why not posted:

Also Arkham Asylum is the best Metroidvania

Truuu

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip
i finally get a new metroid prime and retro isn't working on it and the piece of poo poo sakamoto that should have been fired is gonna ruin it awesome

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

KingSlime posted:

hollow knight
guacamelee
cave story
axiom verge
DS castlevania games

I loved the poo poo out of guacamelee but it's a6 hour game that doesn't even compare to fusion

And I stand alone in this but axiom verge sucks poo poo. The castlevania games are good though

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

enlighten me please

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
everyone should just play am2r instead, the best metroid since super metroid

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Who in God's name would okay with a wired controller in 2017 unless you're at, like, a fighting game tournament

Those who would much prefer paying 30 bucks over 70?

Stux posted:

everyone should just play am2r instead, the best metroid since super metroid

I do not support bootleg products using Nintendo assets.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

CharlestheHammer posted:

Metroid is not niche it's one of the most well known of all the Nintendo franchises.

It means popular right?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
This is A LOT of Metroid can we move on

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Pablo Gigante posted:

Super Metroid, Zero Mission and Prime 1 are godlike games that I would much rather play over almost another Metroidvania

I would like to play those games on my Switch. Reggie, tell me I can download them right now.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Zelder posted:

I loved the poo poo out of guacamelee but it's a6 hour game that doesn't even compare to fusion

And I stand alone in this but axiom verge sucks poo poo. The castlevania games are good though

Have you tried hollow knight? Holy poo poo it is so good, highly recommended

it's gonna be so good on switch

it's a meaty 20 hour metroidvania that is not afraid of letting you get lost

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

KingSlime posted:

enlighten me please

Something that not a lot of people are aware of

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

SeANMcBAY posted:

Just ask them what days of the week they usually get stock and stop by on those days in the morning. You'll find one pretty quick that way.

Little Mac posted:

Target, buddy.

Thanks dudes, I'm gonna try to employ your advice.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Kashuno posted:

This is A LOT of Metroid can we move on

yet somehow i'm sure metroid fans will find a way to complain about how ignored the franchise is

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

KingSlime posted:

hollow knight
guacamelee
cave story
axiom verge
DS castlevania games
BONUS: Ori although i havent played this one myself

LMFAO

You're Stux

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

grand theft grotto posted:

I've never been a huge Metroid fan but like the series enough to play them, and I think Samus Returns looks good and I am going to buy it.

This has also made me remember that I have not taken the time to play through Prime 2 and 3 ever and I should do that since I have the trilogy on Wii U.

Prime 2 is really good and gets unfairly poo poo on because of some clumsy choices re: the dark world and ammo, which are not great but hardly game ruining.

Prime 3 is good, has some really weak parts that felt like they were trying to ape Halo, but still worth playing.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

Something that not a lot of people are aware of

metroid doesnt sell

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

KingSlime posted:

metroid doesnt sell

Who gives a gently caress

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Would preorder this game.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

🙄

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

8-bit Miniboss posted:

I do not support bootleg products using Nintendo assets.

i didnt say play other m

• Locked thread