Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Tilith is the sole reason I didn't feel like I got burned every time I got Roselia. Yes, I do have equip staff ready for Friday, why do you ask?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer

PDQ Law posted:

I sent you a request with my main Setzer. If you want I can swap the atk/evasion materia for hp+15%, or I can swap elements if you want to use Red card for chaining.

Thanks, added you. You're not showing up on my list for some reason but maybe a reboot will help, then will take a crack at it and see how it goes.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Tilith doesn't really need spr outside of magic defense (Which an AOE tank like WoL would deal with most of that damage) and her high camouflage means she's less likely to be targeted by haymakers even if you tank decides to not do his job (or you mistimed provoke)

Most of your itemization will be stacking as much MP as possible to get her to the point that her auto refresh pays for 95% of her abilities outside of mana battery time.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!
I am less than a week into this game and it's pretty cool so far! I guess as a new player I should just keep capitalizing on event vortex stuff? Since I've just gotten my 3rd Y'shtola and with all the cactuar things I'm just getting them up to the point they get Aeroga/Stonga and then insta-nuking whatever I come accross with Cleric Stance -> one of those spells.

I'm getting absolutely wrecked in the Coliseum though. I guess this is normal for a newbie since I'm up against people with full crews of 6-star gently caress-you, or maybe I'm bad at this game?

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Arena is dumb, even at max level. Just this morning I fought against a team with a Noctis who, via RNG, decided to use Blizzard Flask and it inflicted Stop on almost my entire team. They had the first move too so there was literally nothing I could've done to prevent it / kill them first. Do Arena five times a day for the 40 lapis and 1 star quartz but otherwise spend your arena/coliseum orbs on the actual coliseum (in the first arena screen check the upper right corner). It's easy and there's quite a few good rewards for getting through it including lapis. As you progress in the game you'll figure out a good arena team and strategy (usually chaining AoE attacks to hopefully win on the first turn)

And yeah, do as much of the titan raid as you can, get as many raid rewards and characters and all the other goodies. Plus it's great for rank exp too and every time you rank up you get all your raid and arena orbs refilled.

Also post your friend code and get hooked up with some goon whales to help make the game easier!

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I see that Warrior of Light will become 6* soon. If I roll him on my starter rerolls will he be updated to be a possible 6* or stuck in 5* purgatory? Also is he someone good to keep on a starter rerolls if he can be upgraded to 6*?

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Question with Ramza regarding mechanics I should already know but:

Do Song Buff's stack with regular stats buffs (Focus/Embolden/etc.)?

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
Meanwhile, the debut of White Lotus Fina rocketed FFBE to the absolute top of the Japanese iOS charts, from down at #120:

https://sensortower.com/ios/rankings/top/iphone/japan/all-categories?date=6/12/2017

Square is so drat happy about this that everyone in Japan gets a free 11-pull:

https://v23.notice.exvius.com/lapis/content/201706/20170613_storetopanni.html

Hopefully we get some crumbs too, but not likely. Remember, whale for the season 2 characters when they come out! :v:

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
Huh, Fina is a genuine Draw

go figure

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Evil Fluffy posted:

IIRC, Chupon has DEF/SPR buffs whenever he takes a breath so you just need to jump away on any turn where you see those buffs on him.

This can get you in trouble. During the fight Ultros will throw out a surprise Protectga/Shellga and throw off buffwatchers.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

jabro posted:

I see that Warrior of Light will become 6* soon. If I roll him on my starter rerolls will he be updated to be a possible 6* or stuck in 5* purgatory? Also is he someone good to keep on a starter rerolls if he can be upgraded to 6*?

Yes, Warrior of Light is being upgraded to 6* across the board. If it was just freshly-pulled ones, nobody would keep this game installed on their phones.

And yes, with his upgrade coming very soon, he's good to keep around, but if you're really committed to rerolling, you want to get a base 5*.

Dana Crysalis posted:

This can get you in trouble. During the fight Ultros will throw out a surprise Protectga/Shellga and throw off buffwatchers.

This in fact ruined my first attempt with Dana's Noctis! That, and not respecting that 50% transition from Holy counter spam on Uncle Ulty. Holy cow.

Fiss
Jul 20, 2009

Shoenin posted:

Question with Ramza regarding mechanics I should already know but:

Do Song Buff's stack with regular stats buffs (Focus/Embolden/etc.)?

The more powerful buff will overwrite the weaker buff. For example Embolden will overwrite his song for Atk/Def (45% VS 40%) but you will still get the Mag/Spr from Ramza's song. Also when Embolden wears off you will still have the 40% all stats buff from Ramza's song.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Tilith doesn't really need spr outside of magic defense (Which an AOE tank like WoL would deal with most of that damage) and her high camouflage means she's less likely to be targeted by haymakers even if you tank decides to not do his job (or you mistimed provoke)

Most of your itemization will be stacking as much MP as possible to get her to the point that her auto refresh pays for 95% of her abilities outside of mana battery time.

Ideally you'd want to stack auto-refresh stuff on her rather than MP stuff, but I don't know if anyone bothered to roll hard enough to get 4 Kings. Best I'm able to see is a Soluna Ring(5%), 4x Resolve (4x7%) and a Vestment of the Mind (3%). That would get her to 39% refresh which is pretty :monocle:

I'm leaving an accessory slot open because you'd also want to toss a ribbon on her as she has no native status resists. I wish I'd rolled some of those drat Cupid Luna so I could have at least 1 of that ring, I have no idea what I was doing that week.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

SpaceDrake posted:

Yes, Warrior of Light is being upgraded to 6* across the board. If it was just freshly-pulled ones, nobody would keep this game installed on their phones.

And yes, with his upgrade coming very soon, he's good to keep around, but if you're really committed to rerolling, you want to get a base 5*.

That's what I figured but wanted to make sure. Can never make with these whale games. Thanks!

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
I didn't see anything in the announcements, but is the Maxwell trial coming back? It's cool that she's finally getting her 6*, but at the time there was no way in hell I could complete that damned thing so I completely missed out.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

hamburgers in pockets posted:

I didn't see anything in the announcements, but is the Maxwell trial coming back? It's cool that she's finally getting her 6*, but at the time there was no way in hell I could complete that damned thing so I completely missed out.

It'll be back probably for the second half of the banner.

taichara
May 9, 2013

c:\>erase c:\reality.sys copy a:\gigacity\*.* c:
E3 Exvius trailer is the original trailer, but there's an announcement tacked on the end -- July is XII time.

Units are Ashe, Rasler, and GL exclusive Zargabaath.

That's the first time GL is getting a FF-based exclusive, isn't it?

taichara fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jun 13, 2017

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

jabro posted:

If you get him while rolling a good 5* base unit it's nice, but WoL is never at any point worth stopping for if you're rerolling. If you're rerolling you need to keep going until you get a good 5* base unit.

hamburgers in pockets posted:

It'd be really weird if the trial doesn't come back. At the very least it should be around for the 2nd week if it's not up the entire time.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Gonna put equip staff and Ovelia's dreamwaker on my Tilith. The question is, do I farm them up over time, or moogle them up now...

Cyberpope v2
Oct 26, 2002

by Lowtax
Just started and pulled a Fohlen and Amelia with my first 5 tickets, whoops.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

Cartoon Man posted:

Gonna put equip staff and Ovelia's dreamwaker on my Tilith. The question is, do I farm them up over time, or moogle them up now...

farm over time unless you need them to clear content or pimp out your friend unit, that's what i'm doing with tms right now

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I've got 125% of moogles. Roselia is at 35% and Ovelia is at 20% and 20% over two units. I started quick farming her and quit when staff of wrath came out. I'll probably TM farm them both at the same time till the staff is done, then moogle up whatever remains of Roselia.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Evil Fluffy posted:

If you get him while rolling a good 5* base unit it's nice, but WoL is never at any point worth stopping for if you're rerolling. If you're rerolling you need to keep going until you get a good 5* base unit.

I just rolled Trance Terra with WoL and Luka so I'm going to go with that. By the wiki rankings she looks like a good 5* base and WoL scratches my nostalgia. Thanks!

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
Don't pull on this brave frontier banner, it's the trappiest trap banner this game has ever released. You're not going to get tilith unless you go whole hog and every other character on it is trash garbage.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Even if you burn both 4* tickets there is only a 29.1% chance it's Tilith.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
This is a King Mog event, so Ima get at least 5 of those Brave Mooks counting to the mooks from brave I already mooked

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
I don't even have one BF unit from the last time the banner was here, and yes, I did a 1/2 off daily roll every day on it. Didn't even get any of the 3* ones.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Mischalaniouse posted:

I don't even have one BF unit from the last time the banner was here, and yes, I did a 1/2 off daily roll every day on it. Didn't even get any of the 3* ones.

The Maxwell fight should be back, so that's a free 100% unit. If it's the same, it should be an easy enough thing to do. Last time we just had to summon Diablos.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Mischalaniouse posted:

I don't think there were any 3 star characters on the last banner, just Tilith, Karl, and Elza.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
yeah the hardpart was summoning Diablos.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Shoenin posted:

yeah the hardpart was summoning Diablos.

The hard part was staying alive long enough to do so. We have so much more gear and units options now. Hell, I'll put Marie up, she can buff light resistance with Love You All. Bring a Xon to steal her ATK buff. Bring a Ling to break her. Hell, bring 6* Rain to break her if you have to.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I still can't complete the Ultros Boogie with Dana's Noctis.

Does Chupon have a random snort or am I just a huge dummy? How does this keep happening?

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I still can't complete the Ultros Boogie with Dana's Noctis.

Does Chupon have a random snort or am I just a huge dummy? How does this keep happening?

Just really got to pay attention. Do you have any Setzers? I ended up beating it using Dana's Noctis as support, along with a refia, ling, ysola, and Cecil. Setzer can kill both of them with 4-5 good procs on dice if you stack him with aquan killer and a bunch of poaches (man I really regret only getting 2 not realizing they stack), and just using everyone else to keep him alive.

Palleon fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Jun 14, 2017

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Any idea why they removed +percentage information from all item descriptions?

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Cyberpope v2 posted:

Just started and pulled a Fohlen and Amelia with my first 5 tickets, whoops.

Guessing you're Boneking in-game? I did accept your friend invite. :3: Hopefully my Reberta-in-progress can help a bit.

Mischalaniouse posted:

Any idea why they removed +percentage information from all item descriptions?

I know that earlier, during Judecca, it was displaying the % bonuses only. I think they bunged it up trying to fix that.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
The way it works is that eventually % buffs are displayed in text lines beneath the equipment's stats. So for example it might say "HP+0" and in a line below the stats "Boosts HP by 20%".
Sadly they're taking their time with that UI update.

Also one of Square's employees (I think their NA community manager?) is gonna be streaming from E3 tomorrow at 3:45 PDT trying to beat True Titan trial. Everyone should go there to TUMULT simultaneously in chat.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Scrublord Prime posted:

Arena is dumb, even at max level. Just this morning I fought against a team with a Noctis who, via RNG, decided to use Blizzard Flask and it inflicted Stop on almost my entire team. They had the first move too so there was literally nothing I could've done to prevent it / kill them first. Do Arena five times a day for the 40 lapis and 1 star quartz but otherwise spend your arena/coliseum orbs on the actual coliseum (in the first arena screen check the upper right corner). It's easy and there's quite a few good rewards for getting through it including lapis. As you progress in the game you'll figure out a good arena team and strategy (usually chaining AoE attacks to hopefully win on the first turn)

And yeah, do as much of the titan raid as you can, get as many raid rewards and characters and all the other goodies. Plus it's great for rank exp too and every time you rank up you get all your raid and arena orbs refilled.

Also post your friend code and get hooked up with some goon whales to help make the game easier!

For Arena I'm to the point that I find a low level team to farm for win streaks. But it's incredibly easy still to fall into a spot where everything is unwinnable. Usually after 4 days of farming teams I'm at the point where every team destroys me and I go back to farming the coliseum. If you can get a decent ranking it's usually worth trying for the weekly/monthly rewards but if you have no fights you can win just get your daily beating in and go to the coliseum as mentioned.

More general advice request from me:

I pulled an Olive with tickets I think a couple weeks ago. And today my free pull was Dark Fina. Is Dark Fina a good replacement for Rain as a breaker if I'm basically all physical damage? Probably a bit more squishy but also doesn't just jump in front of things to get slaughtered. AoE 40% atk/def break sounds pretty nice.

I'm still just plugging along doing virtually everything (Titan farming, weekly events, story quests) with my TMR group so I haven't done much to hamper swapping to Olive aside from awakening Gilgamesh. Should I shoot for her instead? I know she's supposed to be a much better chain finisher with her single gigantic hit. And I have 2x Setzer currently for chain building once I get there.

Mad Fnorder
Apr 22, 2008
Dark Fina is your path to Arena Success, at least. Distress often defangs entire groups and can just win outright if it hits Petrify x5, plus Doublecast Ultima easily hits 999x2.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
soooooo ... how's 6* Garland? his toolkit seems to completely suck currently at 5* cap, but does he get any worthwhile new toys?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Daily pull was Fohlen :unsmith:

He seems decent, you guys have any thoughts?

• Locked thread